HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Garrioch Writes that Avs are Quietly Shopping O'Reilly

Old
01-28-2013, 11:33 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
What does Colorado need? I'd start a deal for O'Reilly around Teravainen and Dylan Olsen.
Pretty much Seabrook or Keith or bust, we are not taking average prospects for ROR. You know I wish some idiot GM would try to offer sheet ROR so then we can just sign him to a contract already.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:36 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
Pretty much Seabrook or Keith or bust, we are not taking average prospects for ROR. You know I wish some idiot GM would try to offer sheet ROR so then we can just sign him to a contract already.
Teravainen is far from an average prospect.

Obviously, the Avalanche aren't going to get Keith or Seabrook for ROR.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:38 PM
Mouse21*

Quote:
What does Colorado need? I'd start a deal for O'Reilly around Teravainen and Dylan Olsen.
well thats hilarious.

need a top 2 defenseman or hes rotting unsigned. nothing else is going to work.

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:39 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:

Good for Teravainen, I'm sure his parents are proud. And thanks captain obvious, I just thought I'd make a proposal similar to yours.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:51 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
ROR is quickly becoming the most overrated player on this board....wow.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:56 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
ROR is quickly becoming the most overrated player on this board....wow.
It is quite hilarious. Most Avs fans for some reason don't want to pay him 5 mill a year, but want the moon for him.

Keith or Seabrook HAHAHA.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:02 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Good for Teravainen, I'm sure his parents are proud. And thanks captain obvious, I just thought I'd make a proposal similar to yours.
Lawl. Yep, they were quite simular. I offer a starter package, centering around arguabley Chicago's top prospect and you come back with "Keith or Seabrook". I get it, ROR is a very good young player.. but lets not get ridiculous, okay? Thanks.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:03 AM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
I can assure you I am.

Spezza is a loser-player. Puts in minimal effort, does not help his team in any way besides putting up points. 5P in 5GP so far this year, but has been our worst player by far.

I want a guy like ROR in the playoffs, not a player like Spezza.
You wouldn't make the playoffs if you traded Spezza for ROR.

I guess the sens fans have been spoiled by having a talented guy like Spezza for way too long.

If you had a player like Desharnais centering your first line you would probably know the chance you have in having a top 10 center in the league.

Him Karlsson and Anderson pretty much brought you to the playoffs last year.

ROR is good but nowhere near good as Spezza right now.

ROR could be of interest to the habs but i don't we would pay the hefty price. Eller would to be traded and adding significant value like a tinordi that we cannot afford.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:15 AM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
It is quite hilarious. Most Avs fans for some reason don't want to pay him 5 mill a year, but want the moon for him.

Keith or Seabrook HAHAHA.
Yeah, sorry, we don't want prospects. You actually have to give up something the Avs WANT if you want O'Reilly.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:17 AM
clydesdale line

Quote:
You called Teravainen an "average" prospect which is absurd and then you said it'll cost Keith or Seabrook for friggin O'Reilly (who I love BTW, Avs are my second favorite team) which is even more absurd and got called out on it and you come back with a smart ass post like this..

ROR is a very good player, will cost more than a team is willing to pay we get it, but damn.. lets at least see a respectable counter offer and stop ******** on other team's very good prospects. Your acting like the Hawks fan offered Kyle Beach and Shawn Lalonde. Hell if people believe in upside/potential in a top four d-man, Leddy would be a good starting point.

Last edited by clydesdale line: 01-29-2013 at 12:24 AM.
clydesdale line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:25 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Our GM doesn't believe in offer sheets so...

Tyler Toffoli, 2013 2nd rounder, 2014 2nd rounder and Brad Richardson.

Kings love having two centers (or more!) a line and we have some vets who are aging. Next year we have a ton of salary coming off of the books (Penner, Gagne and Scuderi) so we can pay RoR. We can use his excellent two-way play in the playoffs. And he's of the right age to go with the rest of our team. And we can use him on wing or center...he can replace Justin Williams' offense on the top line as JWill gets older very soon and we move him down to the third line. Plus one day soon Jarret Stoll will be too old to be our third line center...I don't see Fraser moving up or Carter moving down but maybe we move Richards to third line and have RoR play 2nd line. Us Kings fans are always complaining Richards doesn't score enough anyway.

As for RoR himself, he would be joining a contender full of guys like him and playing for a team that has a similar two-way emphasis as his playing style. And the Kings can pay him. It could be an excellent fit for him.

For Colorado, they need a deal better than what they would get than the offer sheet compensation they would get. The team needs young players who can join the team very soon more than they need a pick. If a top team offer sheets RoR, the compensation could be a pick in the 20s and a 2nd or 3rd pick also low in the round. Toffoli is a player who is on the fast track upswing. He's someone that HF Kings fans will wince to give up. He has excellent offensive upside and in the Kings system he's added some speed, grit and D to his game. I think putting him next to Stastny or Duchene and you can't lose. He should be ready next year.

I also give two second rounders since LA's will likely be in the 20s or later. Also Brad Richardson has many years in front of him and can anchor the center spot on the 4th line, maybe play on the 3rd. Adding a center in RoR makes Richardson ultra-redundant so I throw him into the deal.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:28 AM
Rhaego

THE AVS ARE NOT TRADING O'REILLY FOR DEPTH PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PICKS/PROSPECTS

that is all

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:32 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale line View Post
You called Teravainen an "average" prospect which is absurd and then you said it'll cost Keith or Seabrook for friggin O'Reilly (who I love BTW, Avs are my second favorite team) which is even more absurd and got called out on it and you come back with a smart ass post like this..

ROR is a very good player, will cost more than a team is willing to pay we get it, but damn.. lets at least see a respectable counter offer and stop ******** on other team's very good prospects. Your acting like the Hawks fan offered Kyle Beach and Shawn Lalonde. Hell if people believe in upside/potential in a top four d-man, Leddy would be a good starting point.
We've been through this with O'Reilly so much, I thought I'd skip through the annoying parts and get to where the Avs fans on this board laugh at y'all. Course someone already beat me to the laughing part. Anyways I was exaggerating about Teravainen but thinking he's a starting point when EVERY FREAKING AVS fan has said young no. 2 defenseman or a young NHL ready scoring winger for ROR, is just laughable.

Do I think ROR is going to get Seabrook or Keith straight up, course not. However they are the only two players on your team we would go for. Leddy has been discussed and dismissed. If you don't want to pay the price then fine, we'll keep him and you get to keep your superstar prospects and defensemen.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:33 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Our GM doesn't believe in offer sheets so...

Tyler Toffoli, 2013 2nd rounder, 2014 2nd rounder and Brad Richardson.

Kings love having two centers (or more!) a line and we have some vets who are aging. Next year we have a ton of salary coming off of the books (Penner, Gagne and Scuderi) so we can pay RoR. We can use his excellent two-way play in the playoffs. And he's of the right age to go with the rest of our team. And we can use him on wing or center...he can replace Justin Williams' offense on the top line as JWill gets older very soon and we move him down to the third line. Plus one day soon Jarret Stoll will be too old to be our third line center...I don't see Fraser moving up or Carter moving down but maybe we move Richards to third line and have RoR play 2nd line. Us Kings fans are always complaining Richards doesn't score enough anyway.

As for RoR himself, he would be joining a contender full of guys like him and playing for a team that has a similar two-way emphasis as his playing style. And the Kings can pay him. It could be an excellent fit for him.

For Colorado, they need a deal better than what they would get than the offer sheet compensation they would get. The team needs young players who can join the team very soon more than they need a pick. If a top team offer sheets RoR, the compensation could be a pick in the 20s and a 2nd or 3rd pick also low in the round. Toffoli is a player who is on the fast track upswing. He's someone that HF Kings fans will wince to give up. He has excellent offensive upside and in the Kings system he's added some speed, grit and D to his game. I think putting him next to Stastny or Duchene and you can't lose. He should be ready next year.

I also give two second rounders since LA's will likely be in the 20s or later. Also Brad Richardson has many years in front of him and can anchor the center spot on the 4th line, maybe play on the 3rd. Adding a center in RoR makes Richardson ultra-redundant so I throw him into the deal.
I just don't even...this is just...I'm sorry but no, this does absolutely nothing to make the Avs better.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:36 AM
Mouse21*

people ****ing LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE making proposals with prospects and 2nd rounders lol

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:37 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
If a trade proposal can't beat Avs overpaying O'Reilly a bit and keeping him, why on earth would Avs ever accept it?

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:42 AM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
If a trade proposal can't beat Avs overpaying O'Reilly a bit and keeping him, why on earth would Avs ever accept it?
Because I'm a fan of another team and I want O'Reilly so screw the Avs needs we only want to trade a mediocre player and prospect and maybe a second but not our first so here you go a very fair deal the Avs should accept and if they don't like it I'm going to start bashing O'Reilly he sucks anyways and is unproven he will barely amount to anything more than a 2nd line center even though he is 21 he is so overrated you should accept something you don't need.

I think it goes something like that.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:43 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Because I'm a fan of another team and I want O'Reilly so screw the Avs needs we only want to trade a mediocre player and prospect and maybe a second but not our first so here you go a very fair deal the Avs should accept and if they don't like it I'm going to start bashing O'Reilly.

I think it goes something like that.
You forgot the part about bashing the Avs fanbase and calling us all homers

Old
01-29-2013, 12:46 AM
Rhaego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Because we're obviously cup contenders trying to make a run. What team are you watching again?

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:43 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Yeah, sorry, we don't want prospects. You actually have to give up something the Avs WANT if you want O'Reilly.
We have several guys on our roster who you have to "give up something the Jackets WANT" to get them. But just because, say, we're after scoring talent upgrades if you ask for someone like Foligno doesn't mean we're justified in asking for, say, someone like Steven Stamkos or Claude Giroux.

Seriously. "Seabrook or Keith or bust"? At that point, one shouldn't even bother to mention names, because that's just so overwhelmingly over the top.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:48 AM
Elever
Hth

Quote:

Teravainen's a bit too high bust high boom.

ROR's obviously gotten over-rated here. I don't think he's worth a no1 dman like Keith but he might be worth a no2-3 like Seabrook if a team really needs offense.

Blachawks are rolling so why would they even make that move?

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:57 AM
Selanne138

Would something aroud Sbisa+ from Anaheim be of any interest?

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:04 AM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
We have several guys on our roster who you have to "give up something the Jackets WANT" to get them. But just because, say, we're after scoring talent upgrades if you ask for someone like Foligno doesn't mean we're justified in asking for, say, someone like Steven Stamkos or Claude Giroux.

Seriously. "Seabrook or Keith or bust"? At that point, one shouldn't even bother to mention names, because that's just so overwhelmingly over the top.
I Don't think that any Avs Fan thinks that we can
Get Seabrook or Keith for ROR

It just means that a trade with Chicago does Not make any Sense for
The Avs . They don't have the assets the Avs Would desire in Return for ROR

Message to everyone:

If you want ROR , the deal will hurt you.

You will have to give up something you absolutely hate giving up.

Just like the Avs hate giving up ROR (Fans are Pissed right now but Most know how
Good the Guy is)

Those Picks ( Funny that you can usually judge the offer by The amount of 2nds and 3rds
+ middling Prospects added). The more of those in there the Worse is usually the offer!

Prospects in Return for ROR Would have to Be As bluechip As it gets.

No Boom or bust

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:09 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

feel bad for you avs fans, the proposals in this thread are really pathetic, these same posters wouldn't trade a 21 year old with his pedigree for the crap they're offering

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:28 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Would something aroud Sbisa+ from Anaheim be of any interest?
Nope, Fowler though and we're talkin

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote