HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIII

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 06:37 PM
neutral zone trap13

vCash: 500
Any more word on Ben Bishop?

Old
01-28-2013, 06:38 PM
neutral zone trap13

Looks like PK isnt coming to Ottawa... unless it's a sign and trade

Old
01-28-2013, 06:40 PM
BK201

Yup pk 2 year deal, average hit of 2.875 million.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:42 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Yup pk 2 year deal, money not known yet.
5.75 total

Old
01-28-2013, 06:44 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
5.75 total
Thanks, just saw that after posting. But thank you.

This does open a spot on the blue line in Montreal maybe Ottawa does pursue Weber.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:48 PM
zeddyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Yup pk 2 year deal, average hit of 2.875 million.
.....he held out this long and still only got 2.875? jeez what the hell were they lowballing him before if thats the case?

Old
01-28-2013, 06:52 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeddyp View Post
.....he held out this long and still only got 2.875? jeez what the hell were they lowballing him before if thats the case?
I think he just said "**** IT! I want to play hockey". Seems that way to me.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeddyp View Post
The offer was the same. Bergevin stuck to his guns and Subban eventually caved in.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
The offer was the same. Bergevin stuck to his guns and Subban eventually caved in.
Good for him. I think players have a bit too much power right now. They need to learn that they are not bigger than the team they play for.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Good for him. I think players have a bit too much power right now. They need to learn that they are not bigger than the team they play for.
This whole notion that the players, any of them, care two ***** about the logo on the front of their sweater is nothing more than a myth perpetuated by both the players and the teams in order to milk the fans for as much as they can.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
This whole notion that the players, any of them, care two ***** about the logo on the front of their sweater is nothing more than a myth perpetuated by both the players and the teams in order to milk the fans for as much as they can.
That's the problem. The players that truly care about their teams are few and far between. I think the owners need more power so that loyalty and believing in the team being the most important thing becomes something important again. I mean, hell, these guys are getting paid ridiculous amounts of money to play a game that they are supposed to love.

If I had the talent to play in the NHL I would definitely take a discount to play in Ottawa if it benefited the team and they couldn't afford to pay me a huge amount.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:41 PM
Dingo

This probably won't be a popular idea, but why t not trade Craig Anderson? His value is at an all time high. He would probably return the coveted top 4 dman, might Have To add A prospect.this would open up The starting spot for lehner who is chomping at the bit be an nhl starter and nothing left to prove in the ahl.

The sens likely won't be in contention this season so why Not give Lehner Some nhl experience when the Pressure to Win It All Isn't Here. I'm not overly comfortable with a rookie keeper the season the sens should begin contending Seriously

Old
01-28-2013, 09:46 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrotchLint View Post
This probably won't be a popular idea, but why t not trade Craig Anderson? His value is at an all time high. He would probably return the coveted top 4 dman, might Have To add A prospect.this would open up The starting spot for lehner who is chomping at the bit be an nhl starter and nothing left to prove in the ahl.

The sens likely won't be in contention this season so why Not give Lehner Some nhl experience when the Pressure to Win It All Isn't Here. I'm not overly comfortable with a rookie keeper the season the sens should begin contending Seriously
Though I don't think Ottawa is a contending team, with a goalie like Anderson between the pipes anything can happen. You keep him around because he gives us a chance to win any game. His trade value will be much higher if he continues what he's doing for a whole season.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:49 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrotchLint View Post

nope. we have gone over this.
andy is who we need, but not who we deserve. but we will keep him, because we have him.

did i do it right? seriously, we need him to mentor lehner. when/if lehner takes him over while he's still on contract, we'll have a killer duo. rumor has it we're targeting yannick weber. i don't know much about his game, but i think he's a puck mover? unfortunately, he may be our replacement for gonchar until ceci gets a shot. i am a huge andy fan, and if we trade him, i will be royally pissed.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATdaisuki View Post
nope. we have gone over this.
andy is who we need, but not who we deserve. but we will keep him, because we have him.

did i do it right? seriously, we need him to mentor lehner. when/if lehner takes him over while he's still on contract, we'll have a killer duo. rumor has it we're targeting yannick weber. i don't know much about his game, but i think he's a puck mover? unfortunately, he may be our replacement for gonchar until ceci gets a shot. i am a huge andy fan, and if we trade him, i will be royally pissed.
Andy won't be traded this year, next and year after is yet to be seen. Lehner is the future in the crease, and while he may be starter quality now, Anderson is a proven commodity and is the only SURE thing this year.
If Lehner comes up and plays a good 6-8 games this year, and follows that up with a good start next year, Anderson may take a backseat. It is then up to Murray to keep them both, which I think he should, at least for this and next year, or trade him for assets improving other areas.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:44 PM
HavlatMach9

Anderson's GAA continues to climb each game. He's lost it.

Anderson is an under-appreciated player in the league partly because of how his days in Colorado ended. Not many realize that in Ottawa he's been putting up above average goaltending performance (which gives a chance to do well in the playoffs, a better chance than whoever returns in the trade). Goalies don't tend to return much either.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:00 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

I'm going to go ahead and say it without thinking about it too much cause i'm pretty sure it is true.

There is no one you could trade anderson for that would give us a better chance to win every night than anderson.
Right now there is one.
The one.
Mr. Anderson.

I guess the question eventually will be can lehner + the return for anderson give us a better chance to win every night than anderson alONE. Maybe it is the question already. Maybe the answer is known. Maybe the answer is no, one. (maybe bishop will start tomorrow?)

Last edited by Icelevel: 01-29-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old
01-29-2013, 01:23 AM
EssendonBombers
classless

Would y'all give up a mid-round pick for Kaberle? He has a bad contract and is not what he was 4 years ago, would be a serviceable #5-6 Dman who could play the PP instead of Phillips or Benoit.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:42 AM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssendonBombers View Post
Would y'all give up a mid-round pick for Kaberle? He has a bad contract and is not what he was 4 years ago, would be a serviceable #5-6 Dman who could play the PP instead of Phillips or Benoit.
I probably would, but the 2nd year on his contract scares me.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:05 AM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Bouwmester before Kaberle

Old
01-29-2013, 02:12 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssendonBombers View Post
Not interested, unless we have another injury on the back end. I'd be much more willing to acquire him as a rental, but like Stempniaksen pointed out, that 2nd year left on the deal is a massive lodestone on whoever has to pay it.

I'd much rather spend that $4.25 mil next year on a UFA whose contract will be more in line with the new CBA, instead of Markov's "We signed this contract when the cap was $70mil, so it wasn't that bad at the time" deal.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:19 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Bouwmester before Kaberle
Either would be depressing though, IMO. The way Bouwmeester is playing this year, with his $6.8mil cap hit, he's a tough pill to swallow.

I really don't want anything to do with any contract that was deemed "bad" in the old $70mil cap world. Those deals in the new, reduced cap next year are jumbo-sized salary cap poison-pills. Pretty much ties your hand in the UFA market by eating up so much free $... and with the cap going down, and with some teams still near the ceiling, it's going to be a buyer's market.

I'd rather not miss out on the upcoming UFA season: the Sens have positioned themselves to really be able to get some prime pieces at rates that will seem like great bargains compared to the past couple of years. I mean, look at Subban's contract - prices of players are going down. I really don't want anything to do with what will be hyper-inflated contracts for guys who couldn't even earn their payday in a $70 mil cap world, let alone a $64mil cap.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:25 AM
Mephias

Strange thought: do we consider trading Phillips?

I know he gets off to slow starts, and will probably turn it up a notch after a few more weeks or so, but he's still clearly not the same player he was 4-5 seasons ago. I'm not sure the Senators plan on re-signing him after his current contract anyways with Boro/Wier ready to step in soon and a bunch of other decent-looking defense prospects in the pipes. The money saved could go towards an upper-tier Top 4 Dman as well.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:32 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephias View Post

I know he gets off to slow starts, and will probably turn it up a notch after a few more weeks or so, but he's still clearly not the same player he was 4-5 seasons ago. I'm not sure the Senators plan on re-signing him after his current contract anyways with Boro/Wier ready to step in soon and a bunch of other decent-looking defense prospects in the pipes. The money saved could go towards an upper-tier Top 4 Dman as well.
Personally: I don't think we can afford to move him this year. While I don't want us trading for other team's problems, I also recognize that our blueline is probably too thin this year to move Phillips. We're just not deep enough, and without Phillips, an injury elsewhere on the back-end could really cripple us.

That being said: I could see us moving him next year IF there's a big enough market for him. To be honest, he probably has more value to the Sens as a "face of the franchise/ one-team-guy" than a 3rd-or-later round draft pick would if that was his max value. If he could fetch a 2nd or a nice prospect, I could see the team, at least, entertain the idea of moving him.

That's like a full calendar year from now, though. Who knows what'll happen between now and then...

Old
01-29-2013, 03:31 AM
take a peek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephias View Post
Maybe fun to float the idea to yourself but you really think phillips would be traded?

There is no chance.... none.... that he is traded.

He would not return much anyways.

Closed Thread