Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) part II

Old
01-04-2013, 04:52 PM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashersfanSVK View Post
Mikoláš as G seems to be lock right now.

Since I can't imagine any player with cage protector on roster, I believe Juraj Šiška will make the team next year, even though it is pretty doubtful whether he is capable of it.

Černák might be a surprise, hard to say whether Bokroš (as I expect he will remain as U20 coach) will be so brave to take him to team.

But anyway, these names come to my mind:

G: Sabol, Romančík, Mikoláš
D: Luža, Buri, Valjent, Rusina, Predajniansky, Dinda, Holenda, Rosandić, Černák (?)
O: Daňo, Réway, Lunter, Gríger, Kolena, Šoltés, Šimun, Horanský, Török, Cehlárik, Šiška, Šille

If you miss Rehák or Koyš, trust me, I believe they won't make the team unless they join HK Orange 20 and it doesn't seem they're going to leave NA... Török is an exception. He probably stays there but he is the best out of those three players at this moment.
Mikoláš made his Extraliga debut today when he got into the net 25 minutes into the game against Skalica, let in one goal.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:45 PM
wings5

Tomas Torok goes to Green Bay, don't know all the details behind this but kind of surprised.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:02 AM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

This topic needs bump

Šille looks great this season so far. Unfortunately, I saw him in two games against Slovan when he was invisible (especially the last game...). But anyhow, it has to be long time ago when the U18 eligible player was the top scorer of U20 league for the last time. Šille is ten points ahead of second top scorer, who is his teammate Michal Romančík.

I know that czechexpert doesn't believe Šille could be drafted. In my opinion, he could be a Slovak darkhorse for this-year draft. No doubt that he has to improve his skating, but I don't think he does not compete hard. It all just skating. Maybe he looks like he's lazy, but I think it's all about his skating style, I don't see there is a problem.

ThrashersfanSVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:16 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashersfanSVK View Post
This topic needs bump

Šille looks great this season so far. Unfortunately, I saw him in two games against Slovan when he was invisible (especially the last game...). But anyhow, it has to be long time ago when the U18 eligible player was the top scorer of U20 league for the last time. Šille is ten points ahead of second top scorer, who is his teammate Michal Romančík.

I know that czechexpert doesn't believe Šille could be drafted. In my opinion, he could be a Slovak darkhorse for this-year draft. No doubt that he has to improve his skating, but I don't think he does not compete hard. It all just skating. Maybe he looks like he's lazy, but I think it's all about his skating style, I don't see there is a problem.
depends if you watch him in junior Extraleague or in Tipsport Extraliga. Hardly makes any quicker move in puck pursuit playing in juniors. I saw some effort playing on main Skalica team. It´s not just about skating, follow his skating when his team is in puck possession and when isn´t. Big difference.
Improved skating without the puck a bit but still bad skater with puck.
He definitely has enough instinct, scoring touch, creativity to be considered NHL prospect.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:57 PM
Kamzik

Not sure I can still talk about Riso Panik in this thread, he is turning 22 in a couple of weeks. Anyhow tonight he is taking part in the AHL all-star competition. He has an assist so far.

Panik remains somewhat a streaky player. After a recent stretch of 2 goals in 12 games, he now has 6 goals in his last 7. Anyhow he is putting together a nice season and could perhaps reach 40 goals for Syracuse. I would imagine he is growing impatient with Tampa, and probably has the KHL on his mind - where I think he would do quite well.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:19 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
Not sure I can still talk about Riso Panik in this thread, he is turning 22 in a couple of weeks. Anyhow tonight he is taking part in the AHL all-star competition. He has an assist so far.

Panik remains somewhat a streaky player. After a recent stretch of 2 goals in 12 games, he now has 6 goals in his last 7. Anyhow he is putting together a nice season and could perhaps reach 40 goals for Syracuse. I would imagine he is growing impatient with Tampa, and probably has the KHL on his mind - where I think he would do quite well.
40 goals would be great. How many games till end of the regular season?

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:33 AM
Kamzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
40 goals would be great. How many games till end of the regular season?
Syracuse has 35 games remaining.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Kamzik

Not to be outdone, Tomas Tatar had his first career AHL hat trick tonight versus Hamilton. Tomas, not selected to the all-star game, spent a week resting in Mexico.

"This was one of those games where the puck is always following you," said Tatar. "I've had a few tries at a hat trick but I've always missed the last one. This is my first, and it's a nice achievement."

Tomas was 3+0/+4 on the night. He now leads Grand Rapids with 19 goals.

Old
02-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Kamzik

Martin Reway 4+2 in his last two games, and a very impressive 8+12 in his last 11 games since returning from the WJCU20. He is now 6th in rookie scoring in the QMJHL, having played 15 less games than those ahead of him while representing Slovakia.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Indian

Today started the 12th edition of Vlado Dzurilla U18 Tournament, this year without the U17 NTDP USA team which was replaced with Slovakia U19 coached by Ernest Bokros as preparation for the next Orange 20.

SLOVENSKO „19“ – Nemecko „18“ 4:2 (3:0, 0:1, 1:1)
Goals: 2. Trenčan (Hrehorčák), 3. Žilka (Gríger), 18. Gríger (Kolena), 60. Luža - 30. Sturm (Tuomie), 41. Sedlar (Sturm, Schwarz)

SLOVENSKO „18“ – Švajčiarsko „18“ 2:1 (1:0, 1:0, 0:1)
Goals: 4. Cehlárik (Pavlíček, Šoltés), 27. Horvát (Paulovič, Milý) - 57. Högger (Wieser)

Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:48 PM
ebis

How do you see Griger's chances for the draft?

ebis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
How do you see Griger's chances for the draft?
no chance

Old
02-07-2013, 09:25 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
Martin Reway 4+2 in his last two games, and a very impressive 8+12 in his last 11 games since returning from the WJCU20. He is now 6th in rookie scoring in the QMJHL, having played 15 less games than those ahead of him while representing Slovakia.
Reway and Dano are almost certain to be drafted. Are there any chances for some late rounders out of Slovakia? Another Gernat/Ceresnak/Marincin?

Also, Tatar has picked up an assist for the Red Wings tonight.

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:06 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Reway and Dano are almost certain to be drafted. Are there any chances for some late rounders out of Slovakia? Another Gernat/Ceresnak/Marincin?

Also, Tatar has picked up an assist for the Red Wings tonight.
There is still a chance. Look for Timotej Šille. Good numbers in U20 league. In 35 games he has 30 goals and 32 assists. And the black horse could be Martin Bobos. Another Martin, another D from HC Kosice (mother team of Martin Marincin and Martin Gernat).

Eduard Šimun is a big question, but i doubt it. Also with goalie Maros Mikolas.

That are players mentioned in last CSS rankings.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Kamzik

Quote:
Reway is not eligible for this draft (too young), isnt that correct?

Old
02-08-2013, 05:13 PM
DrPabloRamirez

Reway is eligible.

DrPabloRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:15 AM
Indian

SLOVENSKO "17" – ŠVAJČIARSKO "17" 2:1 SO (1:0, 0:1, 0:0 – 0:0, 1:0)
Goals SR: Surový (Novák), Halama

SLOVENSKO "18" - Nemecko "18" 7:3 (0:1, 4:1, 3:1)
Goals: 26. Rosandić (Šille), 29. Cehlárik (Šille, Šoltés), 33. Šoltés (Šille), 40. Varga (Paulovič, Pavlíček), 41. Šoltés (Cehlárik, Šille), 55. Varga (Holenda, Beták), 57. Varga (Beták, Petráš) - 1. Gollenbeck (Sturm, Schwarz), 27. Vollmayer (Gohlke, Grafenthin), 1. Sedlar (Eder)

SLOVENSKO "19" - Švajčiarsko "18" 3:2 (1:0, 0:1, 1:1 - 0:0, 1:0)
Goals: 1. Kolena (Lunter, Rusina), 52. Horanský (Šimun, J. Predajniansky), 65. Lunter - 32. Hischier (Fusch, Högger), 46. Bandiera (Fiala)

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

Last edited by Indian: 02-09-2013 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Added link to video highlights
Old
02-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Indian

Slovensko „18“ – Slovensko „19“ 3:2 SO (0:1, 0:1, 2:0 – 0:0, 1:0)
Goals: 51. Paulovič (Horvát, Černák), 52. Cehlárik (Šoltés), 65. Šoltés (rozhodujúci samostatný nájazd)- 8. J. Predajniansky (Horanský, Šimun), 33. Kolena (Gríger, J. Predajniansky).

Slovensko U17 – Nemecko U17 6:2 (2:1, 3:1, 1:0)
Goals SR U17: Surový (Pšurný), Bondra (Halama), Holešinský (Haščič), Krasničan (Moravčík), Novák (Pšurný), Halama (Koch)

Old
02-09-2013, 07:39 PM
smitty10

Quote:
There is still a chance. Look for Timotej Šille. Good numbers in U20 league. In 35 games he has 30 goals and 32 assists. And the black horse could be Martin Bobos. Another Martin, another D from HC Kosice (mother team of Martin Marincin and Martin Gernat).

Wow, never heard of Sille. What kind of player is he? Does he have NHL potential? With his size and point totals he seems like he should be a sure pick in the draft.

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 06:18 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Wow, never heard of Sille. What kind of player is he? Does he have NHL potential? With his size and point totals he seems like he should be a sure pick in the draft.
Both TrashersfanSVK and czechexpert talk about him a couple of posts above yours.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:14 AM
DrPabloRamirez

Quote:
video - game "Slovensko „18“ – Nemecko „18“ 7:2" , Sille is number 8.

DrPabloRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 07:42 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Sille has NHL skills, size, hockey sense. And ECHL skating, effort and competing level. Big waste of talent.

Old
02-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:

Simun is big body, that´s all.
Bobos no way, very bad.
Cehlarik could be maybe late pick.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:39 PM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

The first line of U18 team was ahead of the rest of the team by a mile.

Finally I saw Šoltés in a good shape, because he has never impressed me at all (don't want to say he was bad, maybe just bad luck that I saw him in his worse games).

Unlike czechexpert, I don't think Šille is sloppy. It's just his playing style. Definitely, it may cause some troubles and it should drop him down in draft rankings (in case of being drafted first of all).

I did not get little bit why Godla was startup in the last game, I was expecting Mikoláš between the pipes, but it did not matter at all.

Unfortunately, this tournament brings some dissapointments. Lantoši was invisible, whereas at Ivan Hlinka he was one of our best players. Horvát is the same case.

Last edited by ThrashersfanSVK: 02-11-2013 at 03:57 PM.
ThrashersfanSVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Kamzik

I think with both Panik and Tatar in the NHL now, we can retire these two from the youth thread. Sweet goal by Tatar tonight. Poor Jake Allen, his first shot faced in the NHL is a sick move by Tatar. The two have faced each other before, Tatar scored on him Nov.10th (in the AHL).

Richard Panik wore number 71 which is the number he wore previously in Lightning camps. He becomes the 7th Slovak to play for the Lightning (Robert Petrovicky, Zdeno Ciger, Kristian Kudroc, Vladimir Mihalik, Andrej Meszaros, and the Stanley Cup winning Martin Cibak were the others).