HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 3/11) *Part II*

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
we wudnt be wasting a contract year on them though since they are already using their 1st ELC year this season while on loan in sweden.

No, the contract lapses to the next year if he's not in the NHL.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:45 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
No, the contract lapses to the next year if he's not in the NHL.
No, you're wrong. They're loaned out to their SEL teams. Contracts only slide for guys under the age of 20. Lindberg and Fasth are both 21. The first year on both their ELCs get spent this year whether they play for the Rangers or not.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:58 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
No, you're wrong. They're loaned out to their SEL teams. Contracts only slide for guys under the age of 20. Lindberg and Fasth are both 21. The first year on both their ELCs get spent this year whether they play for the Rangers or not.
That was the same thing with Silvferberg last year for the Sens.

Since the contract counts and if they get cleared by the National Team to come over, have them scrimmage with the big club. It couldn't hurt.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:54 AM
kovazub94

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
That was the same thing with Silvferberg last year for the Sens.

Since the contract counts and if they get cleared by the National Team to come over, have them scrimmage with the big club. It couldn't hurt.
This part just doesn't make sense to me. I'd assume it's up to the Rangers organization to allow these prospects to particapate in their National team's tournament while the Rangers' season is in progress (or call them up to stay with the organization in U.S.) Not saying this is what's going to happen - only that it's the Rangers option, not the National team. Am I wrong?

Old
01-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Can Lindberg join the Rangers or at least come over once his SEL season/playoffs ends in April

Old
01-28-2013, 03:29 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Alex Nunn ‏@aj_ranger
Oscar Lindberg and Jesper Fasth have been named in the Sweden squad for next month's Oddset Hockey Games in Malmö. #SAIK #HV71 #NYR
There ya go

Old
01-28-2013, 03:52 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
That's good to hear. They've both had very good seasons.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:01 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
There ya go
Um, "Oddset"...?

Old
01-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
This part just doesn't make sense to me. I'd assume it's up to the Rangers organization to allow these prospects to particapate in their National team's tournament while the Rangers' season is in progress (or call them up to stay with the organization in U.S.) Not saying this is what's going to happen - only that it's the Rangers option, not the National team. Am I wrong?
We know that the National Team had to release Silfverberg to Ottawa last season.

This is a quite new situation since the rules are new (normally a late edition had to pass through waivers, but Silfverberg started the year in Ottawa).

95% sure that the players are property of their club teams while playing for their national team, and hence it's only after they are released that their season in Europe is done.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Um, "Oddset"...?
Weird name... how prestigious is this tournament?

Old
01-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Weird name... how prestigious is this tournament?
Its the Swedish EHT tournament.

Its just a sponsor name, "Oddset" is one brand of the state owned company Svenska Spel that handles lotteries and gambling.

BTW, while national team recognition is nice, but it could also seriously hamper the Rangers' efforts to get them into the lineup at the end of the season. Apparently they can only come over after the SEL if the coach of the national team approves of it. If Mårts wants them on the WC team, they won't come over until after the WCs.

Old
01-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
Its the Swedish EHT tournament.

Its just a sponsor name, "Oddset" is one brand of the state owned company Svenska Spel that handles lotteries and gambling.

BTW, while national team recognition is nice, but it could also seriously hamper the Rangers' efforts to get them into the lineup at the end of the season. Apparently they can only come over after the SEL if the coach of the national team approves of it. If Mårts wants them on the WC team, they won't come over until after the WCs.
What does EHT stand for?

Old
01-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
What does EHT stand for?
Euro Hockey Tour.

It consists of four mini-tournaments that are played by the "big-4" of European hockey: Sweden, Russia, Finland, and the Czech Republic.

Each tournament is just a round-robin stage where each team plays the others one time.

After the final tournament of the season, the results are summarized and a winner is crowned.

These tournaments carry little prestige and are basically considered pre-season for the WCs. But the games are shown on national TV (at least in Sweden), so they aren't seen as completely useless.

Also, since no-one (of the public) is actually keeping track of the total standings a season where the team wins one EHT tourney but comes in last in all the others is usually seen as more successful than a season where the team comes in second in every tourney and manages to win the entire thing.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:15 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Go Swedes!

Old
01-29-2013, 03:42 AM
Ola

Quote:
I know people liked having Kreider last playoffs when he was useful in some of the games he played in, but let's not make it a habit of bringing up kids for just a few games. When we are in cap hell in a couple of years, we'll regret this very much. One guy is ok, but we can't have every prospect be rushed. There's nothing to suggest that Fast and Lindberg would be major game breakers for us. Nor would being rushed help most prospects.

If they come over, they should go to the AHL. Let's hope Hartford can make the playoffs. If so, Lindberg and Fast would be major help down there.
Agreed, I don't think either Fasth or Lindberg are jump in during the PO's type of talents. While both are good and already playing at a high level, its a diffrent game, smaller ice and what not.

What we might hope for though is a quick exist from the PO's for Skellefteå and HV71 in Sweden. The SEL regular season ends 5 March, if they loose 4 straight and are out of the PO's by the 16 March, we still have 22 games left of our regular season in NY and there is 15 games left of the regular season in HFD.

When looking through the available players, I do have a hard time seing Oscar Lindberg making the WCH's team. There are a couple of other centers in Europe from Sweden who are somewhat of regulars as bottom 2 line centers on the national team (Joel Lundqvist, Niklas Persson and Jimmie Eriksson) and, while its hard to tell at this point who will be available from the NHL, Mårts will of course look for big market names as the top 2 line centers in a WCH's played on home ice. Its not impossible that he makes it, but I would put the odds at less than 10-20 percent...

Skellefteå is likely to go long in the PO's, but its of course not impossible that Lindberg can join with say 15 games to go in the NHL and like 5-10 in the AHL. That puts things in another light -- if Lindberg is needed in the NHL. That definitely don't has to be the case. Its hard to say if he would be like that much better than Halpern. But he would atleast give us some more depth.

Jesper Fasth also gotta be seen as somewhat of a long shot to make the national team for the WCH's. I think his performance at the Oddset Hockey Games will have a big impact on that decision. If he is one of the better players for Sweden in that tournament, he will be in the run and he will probably be in the discussions at the least until the final roster is picked, if he is avg there I could see Mårts letting him go early to the NHL.

HV71 is a team with potential to go all the way in the SEL, but has struggled somewhat lately. They are still one of the top 2-3 favorites to win it all, but I think odds are bigger for a first round upset or something like that for them compared to Skellefteå that almost gives the impression to be somewhat unbeatable over 7 games, as of now atleast.

Fasth could definitely compete with someone like Ferriero, but I don't think he is so good that Torts upsets something that is working in the NHL to get him on the roster. But if HV71 is sent golfing early, Mårts lets Fasth go and Fasth plays a handful of games in the AHL and there is a opening in the NHL due to a injury or something, he could definitely get a chance.

Last edited by Ola: 01-29-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Old
01-29-2013, 06:29 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Agreed, I don't think either Fasth or Lindberg are jump in during the PO's type of talents. While both are good and already playing at a high level, its a diffrent game, smaller ice and what not.

What we might hope for though is a quick exist from the PO's for Skellefteå and HV71 in Sweden. The SEL regular season ends 5 March, if they loose 4 straight and are out of the PO's by the 16 March, we still have 22 games left of our regular season in NY and there is 15 games left of the regular season in HFD.

When looking through the available players, I do have a hard time seing Oscar Lindberg making the WCH's team. There are a couple of other centers in Europe from Sweden who are somewhat of regulars as bottom 2 line centers on the national team (Joel Lundqvist, Niklas Persson and Jimmie Eriksson) and, while its hard to tell at this point who will be available from the NHL, Mårts will of course look for big market names as the top 2 line centers in a WCH's played on home ice. Its not impossible that he makes it, but I would put the odds at less than 10-20 percent...

Skellefteå is likely to go long in the PO's, but its of course not impossible that Lindberg can join with say 15 games to go in the NHL and like 5-10 in the AHL. That puts things in another light -- if Lindberg is needed in the NHL. That definitely don't has to be the case. Its hard to say if he would be like that much better than Halpern. But he would atleast give us some more depth.

Jesper Fasth also gotta be seen as somewhat of a long shot to make the national team for the WCH's. I think his performance at the Oddset Hockey Games will have a big impact on that decision. If he is one of the better players for Sweden in that tournament, he will be in the run and he will probably be in the discussions at the least until the final roster is picked, if he is avg there I could see Mårts letting him go early to the NHL.

HV71 is a team with potential to go all the way in the SEL, but has struggled somewhat lately. They are still one of the top 2-3 favorites to win it all, but I think odds are bigger for a first round upset or something like that for them compared to Skellefteå that almost gives the impression to be somewhat unbeatable over 7 games, as of now atleast.

Fasth could definitely compete with someone like Ferriero, but I don't think he is so good that Torts upsets something that is working in the NHL to get him on the roster. But if HV71 is sent golfing early, Mårts lets Fasth go and Fasth plays a handful of games in the AHL and there is a opening in the NHL due to a injury or something, he could definitely get a chance.
I definitely can't see the Rangers going all the way without contributions from Fasth/Lindberg whenever they're ready whether that be this year or next year. Lindberg is going to win faceoffs and PK and be an important bottom 6 guy who will hopefully add some offense, and if Fasth can translate his skills to the NHL level, he'll be that one more offensive player to put them over the top.

But in fairness and to help their development, I'd rather they have long playoff runs in the SEL and be contributors in important games. It'll help season them for the NHL game. Whenever they can come over, it'll be exciting.

Old
01-29-2013, 06:48 AM
FirstSwitch

From today's Hockeyligan about Fasth (roughly translated):

HV71 continues to go strong in this year in the league. Much thanks to the 21-year-old striker Jesper Fasth currently leads the team's internal scorer. With goals in three straight games Nässjö (city) son has done his best season in his career and during the season had its real breakthrough. "Actually, I do not know why it has gone so well," said Fasth to Hockeyligan.se.

- Actually, I do not know why it's been so good this year. The main reason I think is that I've got to be injury-free, in comparison to last season, and it went well during summer training where there was some practice shots with ramps. Since I play in a great chain in which we begin to know one another now. (Fasth - Bengtsson -Jämtin)

Q:You got a spot on the national team on Monday how does it feel?
- It is of course great fun to be with and play for the Tre Kronor (Sweden).

Q:Have you started thinking about the NHL?
- Yes of course I've been thinking, but if all goes as planned it will be a further an season with HV71 and then I go over the next season, says Fasth.

Old
01-29-2013, 06:50 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I see little chance of either Fasth or Lindberg coming over this year. With the new CBA it's going to be even more important to have young players under team control on affordable deals. It wouldn't make much sense for the team to burn a year off the ELC on either player. I think Kreider was a one-time deal.

It's just pain.
Old
01-29-2013, 06:57 AM
BBKers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I see little chance of either Fasth or Lindberg coming over this year. With the new CBA it's going to be even more important to have young players under team control on affordable deals.
I agree totally
Not the type of players IMO to come over and make an immediate impact
OTOH I think Lindberg may be ready to be a RANger at camp next year, Fast most likely takes the Hagelin road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
It wouldn't make much sense for the team to burn a year off the ELC on either player. I think Kreider was a one-time deal.
I think they are burning a year on the ELC anyways. They signed at 21 and then, I believe, the slide rule does not apply to European lent players

Old
01-29-2013, 07:00 AM
BBKers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstSwitch View Post
From today's Hockeyligan about Fasth (roughly translated):

HV71 continues to go strong in this year in the league. Much thanks to the 21-year-old striker Jesper Fasth currently leads the team's internal scorer. With goals in three straight games Nässjö (city) son has done his best season in his career and during the season had its real breakthrough. "Actually, I do not know why it has gone so well," said Fasth to Hockeyligan.se.

- Actually, I do not know why it's been so good this year. The main reason I think is that I've got to be injury-free, in comparison to last season, and it went well during summer training where there was some practice shots with ramps. Since I play in a great chain in which we begin to know one another now. (Fasth - Bengtsson -Jämtin)

Q:You got a spot on the national team on Monday how does it feel?
- It is of course great fun to be with and play for the Tre Kronor (Sweden).

Q:Have you started thinking about the NHL?
- Yes of course I've been thinking, but if all goes as planned it will be a further an season with HV71 and then I go over the next season, says Fasth.
My source says he will be over for camp. If they like what they see, he will probably be assigned to Hartford. If not (maturity, strength) they might send him back on a loan to Sweden for another year. Most likely CT imo...

Old
01-29-2013, 07:02 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I think they are burning a year on the ELC anyways. They signed at 21 and then, I believe, the slide rule does not apply to European lent players
Oh, that may be true. EDIT: Yes, that's correct.

Either way, I don't think they come over. As you said, neither strike me as guys that will make an immediate impact. I think they both probably spend some time in the AHL next season adjusting to the North American rink and style of play.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:11 AM
NYR Viper

I think the Rangers bring them over when their season is over. I would be surprised to see them not at least down on Connecticut for their late season playoff push. Even if it is just for practices and getting used to the NA ice and the coaching staff etc.

Very excited for both of them to come over.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:05 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Calle Andersson was loaned to Malmö in Allsvenskan. That's good for him, as he was recently only seeing three or so shifts each game with Färjestad in the SEL. He'll get a lot more time now. The loan is for the rest of Malmö's season.

http://mrmadhawk.se/2013/january/mal...farjestad.html

Old
01-29-2013, 10:15 AM
FirstSwitch

okey, so according to expressen newspaper both Jesper Fasth and Oscar Lindberg will be leaving SEL for NHL/AHL, so don't mind the Hockeyligan post earlier.

"He will be heading over to the fall camp to try to get a spot in NHL, that's the case, says Fasths agent Jacob Hedin."

Old
01-29-2013, 10:52 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstSwitch View Post
okey, so according to expressen newspaper both Jesper Fasth and Oscar Lindberg will be leaving SEL for NHL/AHL, so don't mind the Hockeyligan post earlier.

"He will be heading over to the fall camp to try to get a spot in NHL, that's the case, says Fasths agent Jacob Hedin."
I think everyone expects them here for the fall camp. The question is if they'll join in the spring after their SEL seasons end...

Closed Thread