HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Tim Gleason vs Milan Lucic 28 Jan 2013

Old
01-29-2013, 12:12 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

vCash: 500
Draw. Gleason faded and Lucic looked disinterested.

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:43 AM
Master_Of_Districts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Gleason clinging to Lucics jersey like a 3yr old boy clings to his moms skirt. I'd like to see this revisited, this time without Gleason hanging on for dear life.
Good point.

Let's see what happened the other time.

Master_Of_Districts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:55 AM
BlackNgold 84

I think some fellow bruins fans are trying to make gleason look like a tomato can. Dude can fight when he needs too. And does very well against looch. It was a more boring fight than the carkner fight/s.. then again one usually doesn't want to get a nice right hook to the jaw.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:10 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Of_Districts View Post
Good point.

Let's see what happened the other time.

He did tool him in Lucic's 19 year old rookie season. I hope he enjoyed it then cause he won't get any such satisfaction again. Guy could barely hold on to Lucic's sleeves last night hard enough.

Telling that when Lucic finally got his hands free Gleason went down to his knees. You probably think he just fell though.....

Kaoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:20 AM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

vCash: 50
Lucic did not win this fight.

Dysentery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:51 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
He did tool him in Lucic's 19 year old rookie season. I hope he enjoyed it then cause he won't get any such satisfaction again. Guy could barely hold on to Lucic's sleeves last night hard enough.

Telling that when Lucic finally got his hands free Gleason went down to his knees. You probably think he just fell though.....
You know Lucic isn't invincible right? How about when he hid behind the linesmen during that fight with Orr? How old was he then?

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:55 AM
Jerkini

Gleason is the guy who WRECKED Nikolai Kulemin. I swear he hasn't been the same player since.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:56 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
You know Lucic isn't invincible right? How about when he hid behind the linesmen during that fight with Orr? How old was he then?
And there it is

took longer than I expected

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:59 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
And there it is

When you're arrogant and cocky about Lucic and how he's the toughest in the league, like Bruins fans do, what do you expect? He loses, he gets draws, he doesn't destroy everyone. Like every other good fighter.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:13 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

He didn't win this fight but he didn't lose and Orr doesn't win every fight either. In 2013 I do not see Lucic fighting Orr or even Scott. But who knows he fought Carkner.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:18 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Quote:
When you're arrogant and cocky about Lucic and how he's the toughest in the league, like Bruins fans do, what do you expect? He loses, he gets draws, he doesn't destroy everyone. Like every other good fighter.
Aww little bit defensive are we?

No one said he's the toughest in the league, and no one said he's invincible. You interjected all that into this conversation yourself so you obviously have an issue or two you need to get over. What we are talking about is Lucic and Gleason.

But since you asked, Orr is a tough mother. He beat Lucic handily as he should, it's pretty much the only thing he's good at and does on the ice. Would it happen every time, doubt it. Orr might win more often then not between the two but even Carkner dropped him a time or two. That's just how fighting in hockey goes. I'm just happy the Bruins have such an intimidating forward that not only isn't a liability on the ice, but is often one of their better offensive players. No worries, I understand your jealousy.

Back to the topic at hand however that you are for some reason trying to derail, as already stated, Gleason tuned him when he was a 19 year old rather handily. In the last fight between the two it was obvious Gleason didn't want to let Lucics hands free... he had no interest in an actual fight with him just a tug fest to try and win back some momentum. Can't blame him either, Lucic isn't a green 19 year old anymore and it actually worked for his team.

Kaoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:25 AM
Therick67

Quote:
I recall him going with Orr toe to toe for a bit before he 'hid behind the linemen'.

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:32 AM
cneely

Quote:
22 I believe.
Orr had a lot of losses his first couple of years at 23-24 to some mediocre fighters too.

I don't think anyone (well, anyone with a level head) thinks that Lucic is invincible or even close to the toughest guy in the league. I'd put him top 15 or so, but the point is, he is one tough hombre.

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:32 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
And there it is

I think every time Orr's name comes up, Jody Shelley & Derek Engelland should be posted, since they both dropped Orr.

Last edited by Therick67: 01-29-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old
01-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
I recall him going with Orr toe to toe for a bit before he 'hid behind the linemen'.
Watch the video, he most certainly hides. I felt embarrassed for him. Hell, the Bruins biggest fan, Don Cherry, even went on a rant after it happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
22 I believe.
Orr had a lot of losses his first couple of years at 23-24 to some mediocre fighters too.

I don't think anyone (well, anyone with a level head) thinks that Lucic is invincible or even close to the toughest guy in the league. I'd put him top 15 or so, but the point is, he is one tough hombre.
I have most certainly seen plenty of people put Lucic right at the top.
Quote:
I think every time Orr's name comes up, Jody Shelley & Derek Engellands should be posted, since they both dropped Orr.
Yup. Orrs been KO'd plenty of times. He's an all or nothing fighter who keeps getting concussed. One more good shot to the head and his career is over. He shouldn't even be in the league. Guys like him and Scott are a waste of a roster spot. I don't even know why Lucic fights, I'd rather have him on the ice.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:50 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Watch the video, he most certainly hides. I felt embarrassed for him. Hell, the Bruins biggest fan, Don Cherry, even went on a rant after it happened.

Sure, after he exchanged punches with Orr for 35-40 seconds and had his nose broken. He was done and the linsemen started to move in and backed away. Why would he want to get popped again?

Don Cherry knows a little something about embarrassing himself, he's made a career out of it.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:59 AM
bud12

Quote:
Sure, after he exchanged punches with Orr for 35-40 seconds and had his nose broken. He was done and the linsemen started to move in and backed away. Why would he want to get popped again?

Don Cherry knows a little something about embarrassing himself, he's made a career out of it.
more like 20 sec, after that, lucic was just holding Orr....

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
Great, here come the Orr trolls again.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:19 AM
bb_fan

Quote:
and unfortunatley its bruins fan responding to crap like this and defending him when people like you have to throw out stupid comments (errr..hmmm...ddddd... Orr....)

so thank yourself for adding to it all.

Howd hamilton look to ya though.....

bb_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:28 AM
bb_fan

Quote:
Watch the video, he most certainly hides.
and to be honest, one of the bigger myths perpetuated around here.....

watch it again, both linesmen jump in when they seperate, and the linesmen facing bot Lucic and Orr steps in.

Lucic does the same thing at the start of alot of his fights, and when he gets separation in a fight.

he steps back and resets himself, instead of just diving in face first.

just because the linesmen skated in front him, hardly him hiding behind anyone.

Last edited by bb_fan: 01-29-2013 at 02:53 PM.
bb_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
I think some fellow bruins fans are trying to make gleason look like a tomato can. Dude can fight when he needs too. And does very well against looch. It was a more boring fight than the carkner fight/s.. then again one usually doesn't want to get a nice right hook to the jaw.
Yeah I don't get the Gleason hate..he tagged Lucic good at the start of the fight and they both kind of wrestled around and threw shoulder punches. It was a draw.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:45 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
Gleason is the guy who WRECKED Nikolai Kulemin. I swear he hasn't been the same player since.
I remember that.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:49 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

What's the deal in this thread? Gleason isn't anywhere near Lucic's class as a fighter. Are people seriously criticizing him for choosing not to exchange haymakers with a guy who's 4 inches taller and fights twice as much?

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:54 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
What's the deal in this thread? Gleason isn't anywhere near Lucic's class as a fighter. Are people seriously criticizing him for choosing not to exchange haymakers with a guy who's 4 inches taller and fights twice as much?
Prettymuch. Gleason's a solid middleweight when he actually does throw, but he's not in the same class here. He did what he had to in order to not get pummeled, and did a pretty good job of that. About as close to a total draw as you'll find in a fight.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:57 AM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Lucic was crowned the winner by the experts

http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Fights...htReview278188
Don't pay attention to DYG. It's inaccurate and false.

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote