HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens re-sign PK Subban!!!!! 2 years/$5.75M

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 07:52 AM
PK76

vCash: 500
I'm just happy that he finally signed. I hope the haters are mad too!

Old
01-29-2013, 07:52 AM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

LiL' PiKé

Old
01-29-2013, 07:59 AM
AmeriHab

We should probably thank Markov a bit for this contract? If we weren't winning that contract may have been steeper

Old
01-29-2013, 08:00 AM
Hugo Sham

subbie doo

Old
01-29-2013, 08:03 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
If you want to rage (don't know why you'd wanna do that, though), go read the comments on today's article about PK on JournalDeMontreal.com

Seems like all the fairweather, clueless PK Subban-hating morons reunite there. Talking about how PK should've been traded, how classless he is for following his agent's instruction to hold out a bit... oh wait, that sounds just like those guys at l'AC. Well, they've all found their respective soulmates, it seems.

Again, it's so easy to spot someone who's truly an unknowledgable so-called hockey fan. Bases most of his opinions on what they've read the major medias, you know, those people who've been grasping at straws for the past two years, trying to find anything in order to bash Subban. Talking about how much of a locker room cancer he is, etc...

Do you remember this one article in which they've made it seem as if Hal Gill was in a confrontation with the youngster, even though all the people stated otherwise. Was about a year ago. I remember all they did was put Hal's quote out of context and make-believed it against Subban.
You should add to this all the morons that wanted to give PK whatever he wanted and where calling for Bergevin to get fired...there's a bunch of retards out there. Deal with it.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:11 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
funny yo see all those who were saying MB was destroying the Habs now giving him props
Not me. It's disgusting that MB has been low balling PK.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:13 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
You should add to this all the morons that wanted to give PK whatever he wanted and where calling for Bergevin to get fired...there's a bunch of retards out there. Deal with it.
Asking the GM to give a fair contract to his player are now morons. That's new to me.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:19 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Asking the GM to give a fair contract to his player are now morons. That's new to me.
Huh, I was talking about those saying they should fire him. PK got a fair contract.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:21 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Not me. It's disgusting that MB has been low balling PK.
He got 750 K more than MDZ. He can't complain.And the Habs structured the deal so he would have less escroc payments this year. I thing you need to get over this.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:23 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
And you seem to agree with some on here that a GM that signs a good player to a reasonable deal should get fired. Come on, be serious. PK is not the first good young player to get a bridge deal.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:24 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
He got 750 K more than MDZ. He can't complain.And the Habs structured the deal so he would have less escroc payments this year. I thing you need to get over this.
They also structured the deal to set him up for the next deal, after all his salary will be 3.75million next year.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:24 AM
ClasslessGuy

ffs PK will get 3.75 next year what's unfair about that?

Old
01-29-2013, 08:25 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

French nickname: pas PK des vers! (Loose translation, "not worm-eaten", generally seen as an endorsement to someone or something...)

Old
01-29-2013, 08:32 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
They also structured the deal to set him up for the next deal, after all his salary will be 3.75million next year.
It's going to be costly for us to sign PK in the next contract. You may look at Price's type of contract instead of MaxPac's type of contract.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:32 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
We should probably thank Markov a bit for this contract? If we weren't winning that contract may have been steeper
Definitely, but...don't forget our most important player...Price (imo tied with Subban in order of importance as franchise players, imo, for now and the future).

Price has been solid and good to see Markov smiling again and playing the hero (but he better stay healthy! he has got to watch his back...that vicious bodycheck is coming...he is always a target... hope I'm wrong...my nightmare would be for Markov to get injured right before Subbie comes back for Wedns or Sat...better not happen).

Old
01-29-2013, 08:33 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Currently, Bergevin has a golden crown on his head. No doubt about it. He is doing a fantastic job as GM and making tough decisions I certainly wouldn't.

In two years when Subban is up as an RFA one more time and in three years when Galchenyuk is on his first RFA, it might be a different story.
Something tells me that he'll still be wearing that golden crown then, at least when it comes to Subban. Why? Guess who is also becoming a free agent in two years? Kris Letang. Although Letang will be a UFA and Subban a RFA, if Letang wants to stay in Pittsburgh, there's a good chance he might sign at rebate, as did Crosby and Malkin.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:37 AM
TUCKER 06

can't wait to see Subban back in the line-up. One of my fav players on the squad and definitely one of the only reasons why a lot of people (my friends) enjoy watching the habs play.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:40 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Hadn't checked the sporting news or HF since yesterday at noon.

Oh yeah!!!

Sorry for all the haters!

Old
01-29-2013, 08:44 AM

I hope PK works on his `corporate approach`before rejoining his teamates...you can`t be in an NHL dressing room acting all uppity

and this guy in my avatar`s got way too many visible tattoos to be an NFL QB, who the hell does he think he is

Old
01-29-2013, 08:46 AM
skule123

We should have a dogwhistle / codeword media watch thread. It might degenerate quickly, but is still a project worth tracking.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:47 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
It's going to be costly for us to sign PK in the next contract. You may look at Price's type of contract instead of MaxPac's type of contract.
If he continues to progress, and plays up to his potential? Absolutely. It's up to him what kind of player he's going to be, and he'll be paid accordingly. Hopefully with us!

Old
01-29-2013, 08:48 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
And that's a problem because?

If the Habs sign PK to an 8 year 6-7M contract in two years then it's because he is worth it and I will be happy to see it.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:50 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. It depends on how he performs this year and next. I have no problem with that.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:31 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Something tells me that he'll still be wearing that golden crown then, at least when it comes to Subban. Why? Guess who is also becoming a free agent in two years? Kris Letang. Although Letang will be a UFA and Subban a RFA, if Letang wants to stay in Pittsburgh, there's a good chance he might sign at rebate, as did Crosby and Malkin.
Maybe, maybe not. Pittsburgh will have so many players to re-sign since then.
Orpik, Malkin, Letang, Kennedy, Cooke..
I doubt Letang and Orpik both get anything less than Paul Martin.

PK will have arbitration available to him, and I he feels management is still trying to short change him, I'm sure he'll file for it.
The best idea would be for Bergevin to sign him to an extension next summer or early on next year, like MaxPac. IMO that's the best way to still get him at a cheaper price.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:33 AM
Habcentric

As well if we have to pay him more in 2 years, there will be more room on the cap with older players leaving / signing lesser contracts. The timing is just perfect!

Closed Thread