HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread Part X: No One Here Sleeps

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-29-2013, 09:13 AM
  #51
Krams
what a time
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Capital District
Posts: 4,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Breaking Bad is great.

Just started season 2.
It's an incredible show. The transformation of Cranston's character is something to behold.

Krams is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:15 AM
  #52
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,070
vCash: 500
So...
My teacher comments in gym said that I'm always prepared, perform well, and always work hard.
Yet the guy that doesn't show up to class half the time got a higher grade....

__________________
Krampus is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:19 AM
  #53
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Is he very good at gym?

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:23 AM
  #54
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 47,164
vCash: 50
I remember my 8th grade gym teacher only made us play basketball. That's it. No joke, this was all we did every single day for the year.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:30 AM
  #55
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
Is he very good at gym?
No. Not even close to it.

We just started basketball last week, and the teacher put me in the beginner group, because he doesn't know enough about me.

I played on the school basketball team 2 year ago...

Krampus is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:31 AM
  #56
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,380
vCash: 476
I never did much gym in my high school years. I got fed up with square dancing and "everybody wins" crap garbAge.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:34 AM
  #57
Krams
what a time
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Capital District
Posts: 4,306
vCash: 500
Pretty sure I failed gym last quarter.

Krams is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:36 AM
  #58
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
I never did much gym in my high school years. I got fed up with square dancing and "everybody wins" crap garbAge.
What?

Everybody wins? That's a lot better than: loser does 20 push-ups

And... Square dancing?
I actually did it 2 weeks again my school trip. It was so stupid... But kinda fun

Krampus is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:37 AM
  #59
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,070
vCash: 500
Not sure if I should be proud or sad about this


Krampus is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 10:42 AM
  #60
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 16,041
vCash: 500
Finally starting to get my resumes into the hands of the right people. However, it just occurred to me that the ticket operations crew of the Bridgeport Sound Tigers probably won't take too kindly to the fact that I include my New York Rangers blog on my resume.



EDIT - And throwing out a shot in the dark, does anyone have any idea what kind of salary a ticket sales rep earns for an AHL team? Got to be at least $25K, + commission, right?



Last edited by silverfish: 01-29-2013 at 11:40 AM.
silverfish is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 10:54 AM
  #61
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,380
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
What?

Everybody wins? That's a lot better than: loser does 20 push-ups

And... Square dancing?
I actually did it 2 weeks again my school trip. It was so stupid... But kinda fun
Would rather lose and do 20 push-ups than lose an get told everyone wins. Lol

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:00 PM
  #62
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 47,164
vCash: 50
Breaking Bad is amazing. Been thinking of going as Walt for Halloween.

Yes its extremely early, but I'd go all out and shave my head so I need some thought put into it.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:08 PM
  #63
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,380
vCash: 476
Go as Pierre.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:13 PM
  #64
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 47,164
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Go as Pierre.
This would be an excellent idea if I lived in Canada. No one around here would get the joke.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:15 PM
  #65
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,380
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
This would be an excellent idea if I lived in Canada. No one around here would get the joke.
Do it still

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:33 PM
  #66
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil
 
The Perfect Paradox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Go as Pierre.
This would take even more work. He would need to study a list of where every single player in the NHL played their junior hockey. That seems like a pretty big commitment on top of shaving your head bald.

The Perfect Paradox is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 01:22 PM
  #67
Krams
what a time
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Capital District
Posts: 4,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Breaking Bad is amazing. Been thinking of going as Walt for Halloween.

Yes its extremely early, but I'd go all out and shave my head so I need some thought put into it.
You'd also need to grow a goatee and find some sort of hazmat jumpsuit.

Krams is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 01:23 PM
  #68
Krams
what a time
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Capital District
Posts: 4,306
vCash: 500
That was easy.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/11051249...loween-costume

Krams is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 01:24 PM
  #69
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 47,164
vCash: 50
I also just want an excuse to run around and scream at people, "JESSE, WE HAVE TO COOK".

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 01:26 PM
  #70
Kane One
HFB Partner
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,229
vCash: 823
I know some of you guys are gym freaks, so I have a question. How do I gain stamina? I quit smoking a year ago and I still get out of breath after riding a bike for like to blocks. I go up a flight of stairs in school and I'm also out of breath. Should I just run on a treadmill or something? If so, yeah, I get out of breath..

__________________
Kane One is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 01:56 PM
  #71
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I know some of you guys are gym freaks, so I have a question. How do I gain stamina? I quit smoking a year ago and I still get out of breath after riding a bike for like to blocks. I go up a flight of stairs in school and I'm also out of breath. Should I just run on a treadmill or something? If so, yeah, I get out of breath..
You have to do some form of cardio. I like running, others are into cycling. Those aren't the only two options though.

Dangleberry is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 02:05 PM
  #72
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I know some of you guys are gym freaks, so I have a question. How do I gain stamina? I quit smoking a year ago and I still get out of breath after riding a bike for like to blocks. I go up a flight of stairs in school and I'm also out of breath. Should I just run on a treadmill or something? If so, yeah, I get out of breath..
Do HIIT. Get on a stationary bike. Not the kind that has a reclined back; the kind that only has a seat and you can lean over the handle bars while you pedal. Put the resistance up a little bit, but it should still be easy. Like 3 to 5, assuming the machine goes up to 15. Start pedaling at what you would consider a "jog" pace for about 2 minutes to warm up. When the timer hits 2:00, pedal as hard as you humanly can until the clock hits 3:00. Slow down to what you would consider a "walk" pace and catch your breath until the timer strikes 4:00, then resume the all out sprint until the timer hits 5:00, and back down to the walk until 6:00. Keep repeating for 10-15 minutes.. For example, last time I did this, I looked at the RPMs. At the jog pace I was around 88-90 RPMs to warm my legs up. At the flat out sprint the RPMs jumped up to around 125-140. At the walk pace I kept the RPMs at around 75.

Doing full minute intervals for a full 10-15 minutes might be hard at first, so adjust your intervals to your fitness level. Do 45 second or 30 second intervals. Or do 45 seconds of sprint and 60 seconds of walk. Don't include the 2 minute warm up in the 10-15 minutes. This will 100% guaranteed increase your stamina. You can do it every day, no rest is required and if you start with 30 second sprints and 60 second rests, for example, by the end of the week you will easily be doing 45 second sprints, and so on.

SERE 24 is online now  
Old
01-29-2013, 02:06 PM
  #73
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,380
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I know some of you guys are gym freaks, so I have a question. How do I gain stamina? I quit smoking a year ago and I still get out of breath after riding a bike for like to blocks. I go up a flight of stairs in school and I'm also out of breath. Should I just run on a treadmill or something? If so, yeah, I get out of breath..
Bikes. Lol

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 03:47 PM
  #74
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 11,656
vCash: 1252

Sup Bros.

JWK is online now  
Old
01-29-2013, 03:50 PM
  #75
Kane One
HFB Partner
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,229
vCash: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Do HIIT. Get on a stationary bike. Not the kind that has a reclined back; the kind that only has a seat and you can lean over the handle bars while you pedal. Put the resistance up a little bit, but it should still be easy. Like 3 to 5, assuming the machine goes up to 15. Start pedaling at what you would consider a "jog" pace for about 2 minutes to warm up. When the timer hits 2:00, pedal as hard as you humanly can until the clock hits 3:00. Slow down to what you would consider a "walk" pace and catch your breath until the timer strikes 4:00, then resume the all out sprint until the timer hits 5:00, and back down to the walk until 6:00. Keep repeating for 10-15 minutes.. For example, last time I did this, I looked at the RPMs. At the jog pace I was around 88-90 RPMs to warm my legs up. At the flat out sprint the RPMs jumped up to around 125-140. At the walk pace I kept the RPMs at around 75.

Doing full minute intervals for a full 10-15 minutes might be hard at first, so adjust your intervals to your fitness level. Do 45 second or 30 second intervals. Or do 45 seconds of sprint and 60 seconds of walk. Don't include the 2 minute warm up in the 10-15 minutes. This will 100% guaranteed increase your stamina. You can do it every day, no rest is required and if you start with 30 second sprints and 60 second rests, for example, by the end of the week you will easily be doing 45 second sprints, and so on.
Alright, thanks. I'll start tomorrow.

Kane One is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.