HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 08:41 AM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
So can we steal Sorensen with CGY's pick I haven't watched juniors in a while how as he looked ?

Old
01-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
So can we steal Sorensen with CGY's pick I haven't watched juniors in a while how as he looked ?
Quite possible he will be there because he hasn't looked really good in the 5 games or so I've seen him play this year.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:52 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Saw him on Sunday. He is a solid prospect. Strikes me as a strong 3rd liner on a powerhouse or 2nd liner on most(25) teams. Not a huge offensive upside, but solid skill and very versatile.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:18 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

BUF just announced Grigorenko is staying...so it's Erne and Duclair's team now in Quebec. Big tests for those 2.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:27 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
BUF just announced Grigorenko is staying...so it's Erne and Duclair's team now in Quebec. Big tests for those 2.
Dumb move by Buffalo. Keeping 18 year olds on the 4th line and press box is in the Columbus Blue Jackets player development manual on page 5.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:45 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Dumb move by Buffalo. Keeping 18 year olds on the 4th line and press box is in the Columbus Blue Jackets player development manual on page 5.
Wan't Grigorenko 18 two years ago?

Old
01-29-2013, 09:47 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Wan't Grigorenko 18 two years ago?
Correct, he should be playing AHL like other 23 year olds.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:18 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Saw him on Sunday. He is a solid prospect. Strikes me as a strong 3rd liner on a powerhouse or 2nd liner on most(25) teams. Not a huge offensive upside, but solid skill and very versatile.
I tought he looked great early this season and last season. Powerful skater and powerful player overall. Reminds me of Patches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Quite possible he will be there because he hasn't looked really good in the 5 games or so I've seen him play this year.
Well, I'll need to get some games then. I tought he looked better than Erne/Duclair at time.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Et le But

I don't think Sorensen has very high upside but I like him for a Rempart, he's behind Erne and Duclair when it comes to offense but I think he's pretty safe to be an NHLer.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:40 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

god dammit i want drouin soooooo bad!!! MB has to start strategizing how to get this guy with what we have to work with for assets. It's definitely possible. But how to do it without screwing up the core...that's the question....the lower we finish the closer we get...but looks like we may actually be playoff bound. how do we do it?

Old
01-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
god dammit i want drouin soooooo bad!!! MB has to start strategizing how to get this guy with what we have to work with for assets. It's definitely possible. But how to do it without screwing up the core...that's the question....the lower we finish the closer we get...but looks like we may actually be playoff bound. how do we do it?
We aren't getting Drouin if we don't tank. No team is giving up a top 5 pick this year without giving up a serious asset, and unless you want to lose Subban, Price or Galchenyuk, it just ain't happening.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:53 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
We aren't getting Drouin if we don't tank. No team is giving up a top 5 pick this year without giving up a serious asset, and unless you want to lose Subban, Price or Galchenyuk, it just ain't happening.
sigh....your in all likelihood right....god i wish there was a way. i think the only way would be to dish away something now..before a team realizes that they suck and are bound for the basement...the equation just doesn't work though...i guess we'll probly still get some good players in the early 2nd round with calgary's pick and we do got our own first.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

The only way would be if Drouin suffered an unbelievably awful injury.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Et le But

Quote:
sigh....your in all likelihood right....god i wish there was a way. i think the only way would be to dish away something now..before a team realizes that they suck and are bound for the basement...the equation just doesn't work though...i guess we'll probly still get some good players in the early 2nd round with calgary's pick and we do got our own first.
I'd love to pull a "Brian Burke" on someone, but we really don't have a Kessel-esque piece we can afford to trade.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
We could try to get Drouin with that package at he draft: Plekanec or Desharnais+ Beaulieu + Leblanc + our 1rst pick ( the last because the Habs will be the Stanley Cup champion) + Bourque + a 2nd round draft pick.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:50 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
We could try to get Drouin with that package at he draft: Plekanec or Desharnais+ Beaulieu + Leblanc + our 1rst pick ( the last because the Habs will be the Stanley Cup champion) + Bourque + a 2nd round draft pick.
lol...yah, that would probbly do it. but realistically speaking..what if it's the oilers with the 3rd. jones and mackinnon are gone already....what if we offered beaulieu or tinordi and our pick..and maybe something else. would that suffice?

Old
01-29-2013, 05:57 PM
MaxLacoste

If the team keep its good play for the rest of the season, I think we should go after Erne AND Duclair. IMO, Duclair will fall into de the first tier of the second round, where we could have two picks. And Erne could be there when we pick in the first. With those two players, I think we could fine a sure 2nd liner (Erne) and a elite potential player with higher bust chance (Duclair). I believe Duclair could developp like Subban did.

Old
01-29-2013, 06:16 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLacoste View Post
If the team keep its good play for the rest of the season, I think we should go after Erne AND Duclair. IMO, Duclair will fall into de the first tier of the second round, where we could have two picks. And Erne could be there when we pick in the first. With those two players, I think we could fine a sure 2nd liner (Erne) and a elite potential player with higher bust chance (Duclair). I believe Duclair could developp like Subban did.
i'd be fine with duclair...that would be a good pick...what do you think of jordan subban..it looks like he may go in the 2nd..think he's worth the pick?

Old
01-29-2013, 07:10 PM
hockey365

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLacoste View Post
Erne is solidifying his 1st round status, while teams at choosing at the tale end of the 1st round aren't stupid. There isn't much "pure talent" left, so they'll go for a Duclair, IMO.

I've been going to the Qc games when I can, since the 2 games B4 the Prospect game Duclair has been picking it up. And you can see the scouts picking up on this, by placing him 30th on the ISS list. So, if he continues this way, he should finish mid 1st by end of the season.

High bust? Not, IMO, but you never know.... He's a rink and gym rat and he's picking up his game.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:12 PM
hockey365

Quote:
Well Boston did the same with Seguin 2 yrs ago........ As a Qc fan, I would of like to see him come back....

Old
01-29-2013, 07:20 PM
hockey365

Quote:
Trade Subban or Plecanek/Beaulieu/+2nd round pick, at the draft to the #3 position in the draft.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:31 PM
hockey365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
Leblanc is not be an impact player in the NHL. So, who would want him? If you cannot get Drouin, I would go for size down the middle or on the wing.

Guys everyone forgot about Nurse, he skates, he shoots and he fights, plus he's 6"4! A poor's man version of Jones....

Old
01-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey365 View Post
Well Boston did the same with Seguin 2 yrs ago........ As a Qc fan, I would of like to see him come back....
Seguin was much more ready for the NHL than Grigorenko.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:35 PM
hockey365

Quote:
If I'm the GM, I'll keep my 1st round pick, then try to trade 2 of my 2nd round picks for another 1st rounder.

We need players who'll develop as top 6 forwards or top 4 Ds. We have more than enough players to fill in the back ends.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:39 PM
hockey365

Quote:
Seguin was much more ready for the NHL than Grigorenko.
They are 2 different types of players. Grigorenko was the best Russian player in the WJ, IMO, hence, the reason of his graduation

Closed Thread