01-29-2013, 08:04 AM
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
Grumpier than ever

vCash: 500
Awards:
January 29

Bruins weather the storm
As badly as the Bruins felt about the two-goal giveback, their coach knew they still had a window to win.

“Last time I looked, it was a 3-3 hockey game,” Claude Julien recalled telling his players at second intermission. “We can’t hang our head and drag that into the third. We’ve got to go back and win ourselves a 20-minute period. Our guys really did a good job of answering the call.”

With 1:50 remaining in regulation, David Krejci scored the winning goal. Tyler Seguin added an empty-netter as the Bruins recorded a 5-3 triumph over the Hurricanes. The Bruins have recorded nine out of 10 possible points through five games.

http://www.boston.com/sports/2013/01...26J/story.html

Dougie Hamilton to become full-time NHLer with Bruins
“He has a lot of poise,” Chiarelli said. “He plays a very mature game. I’m sure inside he felt relieved. But based on how I’ve seen him play, I wouldn’t be surprised to see his game go one way or another, because he’s a real poised, mature player.”

Hamilton will move out of the Boston hotel that had been his home since training camp. Hamilton will live with Adam McQuaid.

“I don’t know if it’s really relief,” Hamilton said of becoming a permanent Bruin. “Just really overall excitement. It’s been my dream ever since I was a little kid to play in the NHL. For me, it’s a dream come true. I just want to keep getting better and having fun.”

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...I6O/story.html

Hamilton sets up winner
RALEIGH, N.C. — A few hours after the Bruins officially announced that rookie Dougie Hamilton would remain with the team this season, the 19-year-old defenseman showed why it was an easy decision for team management to make.

In a contest made far more difficult because of two costly turnovers late in the second period, the B’s found themselves scrapping hard in a deadlocked game seemingly headed for overtime.

But with 1:50 left, Hamilton made a brilliant pass to set up David Krejci for the game-winning goal in a 5-3 victory against the Carolina Hurricanes. Tyler Seguin’s empty-netter on a power play sealed the deal with 7.4 seconds remaining.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruin..._weather_storm

Hamilton’s here to stay .
“I’ve informed Dougie Hamilton that he’ll be staying with us for the duration of the year,” said general manager Peter Chiarelli. “He was happy to hear it. I’d suggested to him over the last few days that there was a real good chance, to try and put his mind at ease. I told him, ‘Lookit, things are going well, don’t screw it up.’

“He has a lot of poise. He plays a very mature game, but I’m sure inside he felt a little relieved.”

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruin...%99s_here_stay

Hamilton, Krejci combine efforts
The Northeast Division leaders remained unbeaten in regulation and opened the season by earning points in five consecutive games for the first time since 1990-91.

“We’re ready to go. We know it’s a short season (and) it’s really important to get points early in the season,” Krejci said. “We’re trying to get as (many) points as we can. We’ve got nine out of (a possible) 10. That’s pretty good, but we’ve got to keep going.”

http://www.patriotledger.com/sports/...-over-Carolina

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:44 AM
PlayMakers

What a ****ing pass on the game winner. Seriously. Amazing poise and vision under pressure for a 19 year old playing his 5th game.

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:52 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
What a ****ing pass on the game winner. Seriously. Amazing poise and vision under pressure for a 19 year old playing his 5th game.
Pfft, I make that pass routinely in NHL13

On phone....no sarcasm option

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote