HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville Predators @ Phoenix Coyotes

Old
01-28-2013, 11:13 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Though it's already been said that these were trades that already happened. We need to trade for an up and coming 30 goal scorer. Someone who's obviously going to be great for a long time but isn't yet so he doesn't cost as much. Evander Kane or even Burmistrov from Winnipeg for example? Maybe someone less proven then them?
Who could we put on a line with Kane that could feed him the puck?

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:14 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Is it just me or did Hannen make the exact same mistake on that 1st goal that he did during the first game against St. Louis?

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:16 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
horton isnt a gamebreaker like kessel, agreed... but when your where we are, any help is better than nothing. horton is a good player to boot with toughness. i don't know.. i think we will find out quick what poile's plan. we have a horrid schedule coming up.. may become sellers quicker than we think
The schedule just went thru the easy part until Feb. Im not even wanting to think what the Sharks are going to do to this team. Follow that up with the Hawks and another game in St Louis is gonna be depressing.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:18 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Who could we put on a line with Kane that could feed him the puck?
You said it yourself, Wilson.

Kane's young and is going to be a player in this league for a while, while we don't necessarily build the entire offensive corps around him we certainly have a better one with him and our current group of young forwards.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Byrddog

One thing I think Trotz does need to consider is putting Legwand on the wing he did that a coupke times and he was effective. In my mind we have a team of 4th liners now no reason not to try drastic things. Im not a Leggy fan but if it could help im all for it.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
You said it yourself, Wilson.

Kane's young and is going to be a player in this league for a while, while we don't necessarily build the entire offensive corps around him we certainly have a better one with him and our current group of young forwards.
If the Jets would make the trade I would buy the sweater.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:26 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
If the Jets would make the trade I would buy the sweater.
Well I don't think anyone here has named a price, and while it probably will cost us a valuable piece, a roster player and a good pick just think about what he will most likely cost when he's in his prime or close to it. Hard to think he's only 21 and has three seasons under his belt, one being a 30 goal 57 point campaign.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:28 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Well I don't think anyone here has named a price, and while it probably will cost us a valuable piece, a roster player and a good pick just think about what he will most likely cost when he's in his prime or close to it. Hard to think he's only 21 and has three seasons under his belt, one being a 30 goal 57 point campaign.
Well IF the ownership was serious about being a player in the league they could work it out.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:52 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I hope all our games aren't as exciting as this game. I mean I just don't think I could stand it!

I've never seen a team that just refuses to shoot the puck. It's like some of them are afraid to shoot. And the ones that do shoot miss the net most of the time. Credit to Weber/Josi for attempting 13 shots with 9 making the net. Ryan Ellis had 3 shots. That's 12 shots from 3 dmen. Which means the forwards had 10 total shots!

I don't care what kind of system we play or what kind of defense our players have to fight through. In order to win you have to score more than the other team and sometimes that means working hard and going through the other team!

None of the shots forced their goalie to even really work. No one was screening, no one was even near him for a rebound.

Every year we go through this, but this isn't an 82 game season were they can work this out and still have 70 games. Someone has to step up and just take over. Or some moves need to be made either from Milwaukee or elsewhere. This lack of scoring can't continue.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:07 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote of the night goes to Kostitsyn...

Quote:
“Maybe I will try to shoot the puck once in awhile,” Kostitsyn said. “Maybe I should take more shots.”

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:16 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Quote:
“Maybe I will try to shoot the puck once in awhile,” Kostitsyn said. “Maybe I should take more shots.”
Gee what a novel approach to the game Kostitsyn.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:17 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Indeed is quote of the night. Lets see if he does

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:51 AM
alexmanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
horton isnt a gamebreaker like kessel, agreed... but when your where we are, any help is better than nothing. horton is a good player to boot with toughness. i don't know.. i think we will find out quick what poile's plan. we have a horrid schedule coming up.. may become sellers quicker than we think
I wouldn't mind us becoming sellers, we aren't going to win the Cup with this team. We have a core group of players to do something special e.g. Rinne, Weber, Josi. Maybe it's tome to get rid of the old trash, bring in some youth and build for the future.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:17 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

it's not a personnel issue, it's a system issue. This is the same team we started with last season that looked so good.

There's as much talent on this team as any we've had they're just not playing the way we're built to play. No forecheck, no cycle and no pressure.

Is Trotz asleep?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:42 AM
preds1

vCash: 50
Can't pass, no transition, too many turnovers.......
When does training camp end again?

preds1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:58 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
it's not a personnel issue, it's a system issue. This is the same team we started with last season that looked so good.

There's as much talent on this team as any we've had they're just not playing the way we're built to play. No forecheck, no cycle and no pressure.

Is Trotz asleep?
We are not the same team as last season. We are missing one of the most important players on the roster, Suter. His ability to move the puck up ice and facilitate a clean entry into the offensive zone is sorely missing. A considerable amount of energy is spent just to get the puck into the neutral zone. Weber's offensive effectiveness is greatly diminished on the point because he is taking on more of a puck moving role. I think we miss Suter more than most want to admit. He allowed Weber to be an offensive threat. He set up our forwards with great passes into and through the neutral zone. Even with him we struggled at times to clear the defensive zone and get set on offense to cycle the puck. Without him it's a clusterf***. The forwards are gassed after chasing the puck before they ever get to work our offensive system. They rarely move the puck deep into the offensive zone except dumping it to get a line change. Again, a lot of this began with Suter. We can't score because we can't get into position to score. This is not the same team as last season.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:03 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
We are not the same team as last season. We are missing one of the most important players on the roster, Suter. His ability to move the puck up ice and facilitate a clean entry into the offensive zone is sorely missing. A considerable amount of energy is spent just to get the puck into the neutral zone. Weber's offensive effectiveness is greatly diminished on the point because he is taking on more of a puck moving role. I think we miss Suter more than most want to admit. He allowed Weber to be an offensive threat. He set up our forwards with great passes into and through the neutral zone. Even with him we struggled at times to clear the defensive zone and get set on offense to cycle the puck. Without him it's a clusterf***. The forwards are gassed after chasing the puck before they ever get to work our offensive system. They rarely move the puck deep into the offensive zone except dumping it to get a line change. Again, a lot of this began with Suter. We can't score because we can't get into position to score. This is not the same team as last season.
So losing Suter has made the entire team bad? I call BS... Offensively Josi and Ellis are just as good as Suter or maybe just a bit below. As good as Suter was, he didn't play 60 minutes a night. This entire team is bad, one player isn't the difference. Besides this started last season when Suter was still on the team.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:10 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

This is the first time all season the Preds are below .500 hockey ... so our normal late October, early November declarations of the season becoming hopeless now appear in late January. All is normal.

We are far from out of playoff contention, but, there are aspects that need immediate correction. Our "best" players need to be our best players, and right now they aren't. Weber can't get the puck on net. Fisher and SK can't control the puck. About half the time, the team can't cycle to save its life. We're not winning the battles on the boards in our own end or generating turnovers to create a rush. Peks is off his game still. When the highpoints are Yip, Josi, and a spark from Wilson that hasn't quite ignited yet ... it's a rough early season.

If the team doesn't find a way to win a couple in a row very soon, the perennial naysayers may finally be right about this team's chances in a season.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:13 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
So losing Suter has made the entire team bad? I call BS... Offensively Josi and Ellis are just as good as Suter or maybe just a bit below. As good as Suter was, he didn't play 60 minutes a night. This entire team is bad, one player isn't the difference. Besides this started last season when Suter was still on the team.
Josi and Ellis have the potential to be as good as Suter moving the puck. They certainly aren't now. And Weber does not have the same chemistry with Josi, not even close. Suter didn't play 60 minutes. But he did play 25-30. I'm not claiming that Suter's absence is the sole reason the Preds are struggling. I am saying his absence is affecting the team more than most have acknowledged. When Suter was injured (last season or the season before), the team looked just as bad as they do today.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:29 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
I thought it was bad I was only able to watch 2 games this year, STL shootout and Columbus. I guess if the team plays like this I won't really care to watch getting blown out by a bad team.

I think the offense will start playing soon, but hopefully its not too late.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Byrddog

1st Star in NHL last night????? Yup Chad Johnson Goalie Phoenix

Nuttin like a kick in the gut when your already not feeling good about whats goin on.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:06 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Is it just me or did Hannen make the exact same mistake on that 1st goal that he did during the first game against St. Louis?
I know what you're saying and yes, he went down to a knee to block a passing lane, but unlike vs. STL when Tarasenko's shot deflected off Hannan and past Rinne, Vermette's shot was a laser and beat Rinne clean over the glove.

Overall, I've been fine with Hannan's play. He is a steady defenseman back there. I'd prefer he didn't go down to one knee like that when he doesn't have proper gap control on the puck carrier, but overall I'm not concerned by him...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:34 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

We got shutout by Ocho Cinco

Old
01-29-2013, 11:42 AM
preds1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I know what you're saying and yes, he went down to a knee to block a passing lane, but unlike vs. STL when Tarasenko's shot deflected off Hannan and past Rinne, Vermette's shot was a laser and beat Rinne clean over the glove.
That 1st goal was on Goose imo. Got the puck in the D-zone and just dumped it to a Yote waiting at center ice. Quick pass to Vermette for the laser and it's 1-0.

Unforced turnover.....

preds1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by preds1 View Post
That 1st goal was on Goose imo. Got the puck in the D-zone and just dumped it to a Yote waiting at center ice. Quick pass to Vermette for the laser and it's 1-0.

Unforced turnover.....
Agreed, it was an unforced turnover in the NZ that allowed the Coyotes to re-enter the zone with speed and lead to Hannan not being able to properly gain gap control on the play that made him look like he erred, but really it was long before that and a good shot from Vermette.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote