HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2013, 08:31 PM
  #51
scramble91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
Just took on Lucic and handled himself quite well.
Also just got undressed by Horton. He was tired but that was corvoesque.

scramble91 is online now  
Old
01-28-2013, 08:34 PM
  #52
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I like Leopold.

That said, I think people are thinking in the wrong direction for what type (if any) D player we could be looking at.

There is another solution.
You thinking in terms of what sort of player we might grab here and now? Or do you mean a long term solution as opposed to a temp?


Because I like the idea of commencing plans for our post-Scuderi and Mitchell existence sooner rather than later so we aren't flat footed when the time comes.

Ollie Weeks is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 08:36 PM
  #53
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,084
vCash: 500
Well if we were in on Subban, it was for 30 seconds


http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

2 year deal done.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 08:44 PM
  #54
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I like Leopold.

That said, I think people are thinking in the wrong direction for what type (if any) D player we could be looking at.

There is another solution.
As long as it isn't Randy Jones, I'm happy!

MsWoof is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 09:06 PM
  #55
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas
 
RAZZIE King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Roach Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
As long as it isn't Randy Jones, I'm happy!
I'll be doubly happy if we don't get Rany back...

RAZZIE King is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 09:12 PM
  #56
CandianKingsFan14
Registered User
 
CandianKingsFan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
Visnovsky??

CandianKingsFan14 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 09:17 PM
  #57
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
I still have Randy Jones nightmares. As a kid he had such ultra promise to be a solid two way dman. Then everyone found out that he couldn't think on his feet (his back his ass or anywhere else) and that was that.

From what I hear DL is still waiting to see us healthy before he ultimately decides what to do help us out (if anything). I also heard that we weren't in on Subban with the exception of asking the sticker price but who really knows?

Leopold is in the mold of player that could do alright for us. Futa says "remember, you don't want to go out and fill an injured players roster spot by making a deal that ties you up later". Common knowledge but it does speak to the tams philosophy about how they will deal with replacing injured players.

I think Muzz is looking pretty good all things considered (but I am a supporter) and am always happily surprised by the workman like manner that DavisD handles himself. Nothing flashy, just play smart and do your job and everything else will take care of itself.

I could see us making a deal here but I don't see us making any knee jerk reactions to having MG out. It will be for something more significant if it goes down.

etherialone is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 09:22 PM
  #58
Nose of Sutter
Registered User
 
Nose of Sutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 6,265
vCash: 500
Muzz and DD44 have been surprisingly solid so I don't think that urgency is there like it was when Greene first went out, but if we do make a trade I wouldn't mind Leopold. Although I'd still like to see Andrew Campbell get a call up

Nose of Sutter is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 09:26 PM
  #59
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
I could see Cambell get his cup o tea. I think he is still a little behind the curve on his reaction time and gap control (he does the kid thing of trying to give too much space to keep his opponent in front of him giving his opponent time to make a play) but I think it might a good time to get a look at how he handles the NHL level of game.

etherialone is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 10:07 AM
  #60
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,278
vCash: 500
Personally i'm loving the kids playing muzzin and dewiski are alot better so far then i expected.I think greenes injury is a blessing. I can only see us aquiring someone if things with Suderi are looking like he wants to test the free agency market. In which case we trade him at the deadline and get the 1st we need for this draft.

KingCanadain1976 is online now  
Old
01-29-2013, 10:31 AM
  #61
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose of Sutter View Post
Muzz and DD44 have been surprisingly solid so I don't think that urgency is there like it was when Greene first went out, but if we do make a trade I wouldn't mind Leopold. Although I'd still like to see Andrew Campbell get a call up
I support a Campbell recall as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Personally i'm loving the kids playing muzzin and dewiski are alot better so far then i expected.I think greenes injury is a blessing. I can only see us aquiring someone if things with Suderi are looking like he wants to test the free agency market. In which case we trade him at the deadline and get the 1st we need for this draft.
Unless we are out of the playoff picture, we aren't trading Scuds. We are the defending Stanley Cup champions for the first time our history, we aren't dealing vets for picks.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 05:03 PM
  #62
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post



Unless we are out of the playoff picture, we aren't trading Scuds. We are the defending Stanley Cup champions for the first time our history, we aren't dealing vets for picks.
If we make a trade for his replacement before he goes then we can trade him. Maybe make deal for another need closer to the deadline.

KingCanadain1976 is online now  
Old
01-29-2013, 05:05 PM
  #63
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
If we make a trade for his replacement before he goes then we can trade him. Maybe make deal for another need closer to the deadline.
Or we could just keep him and have the depth we need in case of injuries. I'd rather trade a pick to shore up any weaknesses we have, most like one for a scoring winger when Penner/Gagne fail/get injured.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 06:10 PM
  #64
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Or we could just keep him and have the depth we need in case of injuries. I'd rather trade a pick to shore up any weaknesses we have, most like one for a scoring winger when Penner/Gagne fail/get injured.
This. The Kings were very fortunate to go through the playoffs pretty much injury-free on the backend.

KINGS17 is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 06:24 PM
  #65
Primakov!
Registered User
 
Primakov!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Yesteryear
Posts: 1,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I could see Cambell get his cup o tea. I think he is still a little behind the curve on his reaction time and gap control (he does the kid thing of trying to give too much space to keep his opponent in front of him giving his opponent time to make a play) but I think it might a good time to get a look at how he handles the NHL level of game.
If Campbell comes up and proves to have the elements for a fairly solid game at the NHL-level won't you be putting yourself in a situation where you create a log jam and are forced to use waivers to send players down to Manchester when Mitchell comes off of IR?

For example, at the start of the year there were a few saying it'd be okay to waive Drewiske, but if it was attempted now there's little doubt he'd get snatched up by another club looking for capable depth. The case is probably true with Muzzin as this point as well.

So say that Mitchell is back in the lineup. Now you've potentially got Campbell, Drewiske, and Muzzin all on the roster with decisions needing to be made on who stays and who goes.

Primakov! is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 06:28 PM
  #66
Thrice
Coyote Killer
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I could see us making a deal here but I don't see us making any knee jerk reactions to having MG out. It will be for something more significant if it goes down.
Phil Kessel?

I'm in.

Thrice is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 07:04 PM
  #67
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Registered User
 
Stupid Sexy Flanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,422
vCash: 500
Not only are Muzz and DD44 looking very solid, but AMart is super impressive in the 3/4 slot. I actually think he looks like a first-pairing d-man a lot of the time. What a credit to our development system and our scouting. These guys knew not to panic because of the quality of what was in the cupboard.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 07:12 PM
  #68
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,379
vCash: 500
Kessel would be nice for our PP

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 07:16 PM
  #69
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,379
vCash: 500
Just wondering what can we get for a Drewiske Richardson trade?

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 07:37 PM
  #70
northernKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,841
vCash: 500
How would Kings fans feel about the following deal
LA- Kessel, Komaserek and Frattin
TOR- Penner, Bernier, Toffoli and 2014 1st rd pick

Toronto would likely have to retain some salary

northernKing is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 07:43 PM
  #71
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernKing View Post
How would Kings fans feel about the following deal
LA- Kessel, Komaserek and Frattin
TOR- Penner, Bernier, Toffoli and 2014 1st rd pick

Toronto would likely have to retain some salary
I'd do that, but Toronto wouldn't.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 07:49 PM
  #72
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT
 
Muzzinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Just wondering what can we get for a Drewiske Richardson trade?
no point in trading either, they are worth more to the Kings as injury insurance than what they would bring back in a trade (late 3rd rounders at best)

Muzzinga is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 07:59 PM
  #73
SCARFACE909
Registered User
 
SCARFACE909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernKing View Post
How would Kings fans feel about the following deal
LA- Kessel, Komaserek and Frattin
TOR- Penner, Bernier, Toffoli and 2014 1st rd pick

Toronto would likely have to retain some salary
Why would Toronto do that?

SCARFACE909 is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 08:06 PM
  #74
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 7,027
vCash: 500
Toffoli is far and away the best Kings prospect right now. We have barely any depth at the forward position besides Pearson and Kozun, and the latter may never see the NHL with Sutter was coach. Gagne and Penner, two LW's are departing as UFA's next year. Kings won't trade him. Plus Kessell, Carter and Toffoli are all similar players.

Johnny Utah is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 08:22 PM
  #75
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,926
vCash: 500
Kings don't need Kessel. They need a winger who can create plays and draw attention to himself that could open up his linemates. A winger of that ilk could help Kopitar and Brown be more lethal. At times Williams can be that player, but he's more of a north-south winger, very much like Dustin Brown.

A skilled winger like a Hossa or Eriksson would be more suitable for the top six. The Kings were hoping they were going to get that type of contribution from Simon Gagne, but he's done.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.