HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Possible Trades?

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
JVR is a jersey guy too. I'd love him here. Played pick up roller hockey with him once. He gets overvalued by his team though, because he's still young, so it'll probably cost to much.
He`s a Rangers fan too... oh wait.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:29 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I think we could see a trade happen. I actually really believe Lou will provide with a good signing this Summer. It's kinda like how we lost Rafalski (Defenseman, but scored almost 60 points) in 07 and didn't really bring anyone knew in. Then he brought Rolston in during the Summer of 08. Or Gio leaving in the Summer of 09, and trading, and then re signing Kovy in 2010. And the Arnott trade that year.

It seems like it's kind of been a cycle like that. We lose Parise, go easy and keep the team afloat the next year, and maybe a big signing in 2013. Maybe not Perry, but somebody. This is of course if the hucksterbeek has the finances.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:39 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
This is a seller's market for defensemen. 6/7 guys like Mark Fistric are getting 3rd rounders. I have no doubt that if we traded one of our defensemen we could get a decent piece back. Not a world beater, but a decent piece.

Of course there's the omnipresent Tallinder for D'Agostini proposal, but I could see something like Volchenkov for Greening or Regin. I bet Volch would be willing to waive his NTC to go back home, his best seasons were there and Ottawa needs a pure shutdown/PK guy to play with Phillips.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
This is a seller's market for defensemen. 6/7 guys like Mark Fistric are getting 3rd rounders. I have no doubt that if we traded one of our defensemen we could get a decent piece back. Not a world beater, but a decent piece.

Of course there's the omnipresent Tallinder for D'Agostini proposal, but I could see something like Volchenkov for Greening or Regin. I bet Volch would be willing to waive his NTC to go back home, his best seasons were there and Ottawa needs a pure shutdown/PK guy to play with Phillips.
Unfortunately St Louis signed Redden, and I think that might give them no need for Tallinder. It sucks cause St Louis would have been a good trading partner. No firesale, or deadline BS. Just a team that will be a contender anyway, and can give something now to get something now. Rather than just picks.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
People have been wanting to convert Henrique to wing for over a year, it mystifies me as to why. Josefson's been a total zero offensively at the NHL level, other than Zajac they don't have another offensive pivot anywhere in the system although they can put Elias (complete with the faceoff handicap) at center short-term.
Because Henrique is a better shooter than he is a playmaker. And Yayo is best at centre and he doesn't belong on the third line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCangialosi123 View Post
At this point I would trade one or two of Urbom, Severson, Gelinas, or Burlon for a forward prospect or 2 of the same caliber. All of these guys aren't gonna play here. I'd move one or a few of them for a legit forward prospect.
That's an interesting idea. If we go that route, please ship out Urbom and Burlon.

I like the other two way too much.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:55 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Because Henrique is a better shooter than he is a playmaker. And Yayo is best at centre and he doesn't belong on the third line.
I like Josefson but what exactly has he done to prove he belongs as a top six forward? His scoring rate is barely above Zharkov's, and that's over 80-90 NHL games. He's absolutely a third-line center at this point, the problem is we don't have third-line offensive talent so he's basically on a fourth line

Old
01-28-2013, 08:55 PM
SteveCangialosi123

Quote:

That's an interesting idea. If we go that route, please ship out Urbom and Burlon.

I like the other two way too much.
I agree I love Severson and Gelinas. I have a feeling Gelinas will be as good as Merrill. But you gotta give up real talent to get real talent. There have to be teams with high end forward prospects that need defensemen or d prospects. I'd be as happy with a nice prospect swap than I'd be with a deal that netted us a top 9 forward for the present.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:59 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Gelinas got to wait until 2014 to get a full time spot unless Tallinder or Volchenkov or anybody else goes. We still have enough if we let Zidlicky go. I'm alright with parting with Zidlicky cause he'll be too expensive anyway. Could trade Tallinder, let him walk, and fill that spot with a cheaper Urbom or Gelinas for a third of the price.

I wanna get Larsson in there to take that role though.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:42 PM
kiwidevil

Quote:
I like Josefson but what exactly has he done to prove he belongs as a top six forward? His scoring rate is barely above Zharkov's, and that's over 80-90 NHL games. He's absolutely a third-line center at this point, the problem is we don't have third-line offensive talent so he's basically on a fourth line
Exactly. Fast, can make some nice passes at times and is defensively responsible. Sounds like a Zharkov clone. Would be great to have him on the fourth line, but that line is pretty set. I wonder if he could take Carters spot if we find some forward depth.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:05 PM
DevilsAnimal*

Lets just call up the Zajacs and Run Zajacs up and down, with Gionta as 4th line centre

Old
01-28-2013, 10:24 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAnimal View Post
Lets just call up the Zajacs and Run Zajacs up and down, with Gionta as 4th line centre
The All-Zajac line would be great!

Zajac passes to Zajac.. he shoots... rebound picked up by Zajac.. SHANAHAN SCORES!!

Old
01-28-2013, 10:33 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
The All-Zajac line would be great!

Zajac passes to Zajac.. he shoots... rebound picked up by Zajac.. SHANAHAN SCORES!!
This was Hilarious . Just imagine Chico trying to commentate over this.

Then an Shanahan I lost it

Old
01-28-2013, 10:57 PM
DevilsAnimal*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
This was Hilarious . Just imagine Chico trying to commentate over this.

Then an Shanahan I lost it
Have to bring back the 3 Pandalfo's

get big Gio

get Parise back, and put Jordan in net

Zajac Zajac Zajac
Pando Pando Pando
Parise Gio Gio
- Neidermayer -

Neidermayer

Parise
Brodeur
Anthony Brodeur

while were at, bring back Gomez, Stevens, and Clemmer :B

Zajac Zajac Zajac
Pando Pando Pando
Parise Gio Gio
Adam Neids Scotty

Scotty Scotty
Adam Clemmer
Anthony Marty

Parise

Old
01-29-2013, 05:38 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
I am confident in Josefson. Look at the way he is playing right now. The points will come, especially if he plays with talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Gelinas got to wait until 2014 to get a full time spot unless Tallinder or Volchenkov or anybody else goes. We still have enough if we let Zidlicky go. I'm alright with parting with Zidlicky cause he'll be too expensive anyway. Could trade Tallinder, let him walk, and fill that spot with a cheaper Urbom or Gelinas for a third of the price.

I wanna get Larsson in there to take that role though.
I don't think Zid will be re-signed at the end of the year. By then we'll have enough defensive prospects developed to take his place.

Old
01-29-2013, 06:02 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
I am confident in Josefson. Look at the way he is playing right now. The points will come, especially if he plays with talent.

I don't think Zid will be re-signed at the end of the year. By then we'll have enough defensive prospects developed to take his place.
Definitely won't resign Zidlicky... even then, if we assume a trade this year of Volchenkov/Tallinder to get Larsson a spot, we only open up one roster spot for Urbom/Merril/Gelinas/Burlon until probably the 2015 season.

Youngsters gonna have to be patient. In four years though, I think Fayne (and Larsson) are the only remaining defensemen from this current group on the Devils. Not that crazy of a stretch considering only Greene will likely be considered for a new contract at that point.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:17 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I really don't know when Lou will pull the trigger to give us more depth up front. We can't continu to dress bums like Janssen and AHL call-ups forever, wich ultimatly gives Kovy more responsibilities.

Someone on the blueline has to go in order to create some room for Larsson. We are reaching the end of the month and this kid hasn't seen a shift yet, that's not normal. I just don't understand how someone can learn by not playing for a long period of time. I can understand a healthy scratch here and there but that's not the case. Larsson is still very raw and to me, he'd be better off playing heavy minutes in the AHL then practicing with the big team.

I can understand that he feels more comfortable "up here" but that shouldn't be taken into consideration. He wasn't burning up the AHL, so he still has something to learn at that level and I just think that by him not playing, we're just stalling his learning curve for no apparent reason when we can healthy scratch someone like Harrold, who isn't the future of this blueline.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Devil X
Next man up!

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I really don't know when Lou will pull the trigger to give us more depth up front. We can't continu to dress bums like Janssen and AHL call-ups forever, wich ultimatly gives Kovy more responsibilities.

Someone on the blueline has to go in order to create some room for Larsson. We are reaching the end of the month and this kid hasn't seen a shift yet, that's not normal. I just don't understand how someone can learn by not playing for a long period of time. I can understand a healthy scratch here and there but that's not the case. Larsson is still very raw and to me, he'd be better off playing heavy minutes in the AHL then practicing with the big team.

I can understand that he feels more comfortable "up here" but that shouldn't be taken into consideration. He wasn't burning up the AHL, so he still has something to learn at that level and I just think that by him not playing, we're just stalling his learning curve for no apparent reason when we can healthy scratch someone like Harrold, who isn't the future of this blueline.
I think some people are getting a little bit more upset then is needed over Larrson being scratched over 4 or 5 games. If we start hitting double digits then all the concern can be move valid.

Maybe i am the only one who doesnt see the big deal with the kid sitting out some games. He played 30+ games already when some of the current D played nothing until now. Not to mention you could argue all 6 guys we have in now are top 4 dman.

Kid is 19 everyday he practices or watches the team he should be learning something. He will be perfectly fine sitting out some games here.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:23 AM
KohoDonuts88

Brenden Morrow is becoming the odd man out in Dallas. He could be a nice fit on the 3rd line.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:29 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by KohoDonuts88 View Post
Brenden Morrow is becoming the odd man out in Dallas. He could be a nice fit on the 3rd line.
he would fit right in with our slugs

dude can't skate anymore

Old
01-29-2013, 09:32 AM
CerebralGenesis

Ya Morrow a year or two ago would have been clutch but the dude is on a 4th line for a reason now.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:53 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Just took a peak at our schedule and now I think I know why Lou has stayed "status quo" when talking about our surplus of blueliners.

We're basically playing once every other day for the next 2 1/2 months. Someone will go down with a injury at some point or better yet, someone will come calling about one of our veterans, putting us in the drivers seat when the time will come to make a trade.

Let's just hope that's the case and we'll be able to land a top #6 forward and some picks when Lou decide that it's time to make a move.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:00 AM
xdl1

We're all clamoring for trades, its the same thing year after year. We are trying out plugs and using stop-gaps, and when we get to the back stretch in contention, we will scoop up some depth in a trade or on the waiver wire.

The team is good enough to be in contention with the team as is, assuming Henrique comes back within their estimated time. The team roster never looks the same from game 1 to trade deadline.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:01 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I'd laugh my ass off if one of our vets can land us a top #60 pick and a roster player at the deadline, were the price always seems to get inflated.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:05 AM
CerebralGenesis

Afro was talking about this yesterday:

Last year Lou had a good core of top forwards in place and went out and added the likes of the 4th line, Poni, and such. This year we have the 4th line and Darche waiting but lack that top forward with the departure of Parise from our core forwards. That is generally harder to fill since most teams don't waive top wingers.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:14 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
he would fit right in with our slugs

dude can't skate anymore
Yeah, would much rather go after a pending UFA, Ryder that is.

We need goals and he`s a sniper. I`m sure he`d be a great fit with Elias.

Closed Thread