HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXI

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I proposed straight up SOB for Weber last year and majority of fans on both sides liked it. I think he could be a solid player with ROB.
Hell, if that's all the Avs have to give up they better get on the phone NOW. My only fear is that it would cost a halfway decent prospect like it did O'Byrne.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

vCash: 50
No one signed Sykora.

I think he'd fit quite well here.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:28 PM
skip2mybordeleau
Expected Regression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
No one signed Sykora.

i would be all over that if i were management.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:17 PM
benzino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly2Duchene View Post
i would be all over that if i were management.
Unfortunately Avs management prefer saving money by bringing up contracted AHL players instead of going for outside help.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:27 PM
TheMobGoesWild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
No one signed Sykora.

Just signed with SC Bern

Old
01-28-2013, 04:34 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzino View Post
Unfortunately Avs management prefer saving money by bringing up contracted AHL players instead of going for outside help.
Honestly, if a old and broken down Petr Sykora a better option than some of the kids at Lake Erie, we have ourselves a serious problem on the farm.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:35 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Sykora would likely cost under $1 million dollars, I doubt the Avs have a problem paying him that.

Old
01-28-2013, 05:32 PM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

Quote:
Which is exactly what I hope they do in this case.

This Avs team wasn't likely to make the playoffs in any case, and without O'R there was almost zero chance, IMO. If Landeskog is out for an extended period of time, 'almost zero chance' goes to 'zero chance'. Might as well see what a few of those Lake Erie guys have in them, rather than bringing on Kobasew version II.

Old
01-28-2013, 05:34 PM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Honestly, if a old and broken down Petr Sykora a better option than some of the kids at Lake Erie, we have ourselves a serious problem on the farm.
This.

Sykora isn't the answer, IMO.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:28 PM
skip2mybordeleau
Expected Regression

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post

This Avs team wasn't likely to make the playoffs in any case, and without O'R there was almost zero chance, IMO. If Landeskog is out for an extended period of time, 'almost zero chance' goes to 'zero chance'. Might as well see what a few of those Lake Erie guys have in them, rather than bringing on Kobasew version II.
problem is it seems were having a hard time identifying talent in our own system, surely sgarbossa is first to come up, but look at the way aggozino has been playing, looks contract worthy to me, i'd rather call him up than connolly if it comes to it at the current time.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:47 PM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

Quote:
problem is it seems were having a hard time identifying talent in our own system.
IMO, the larger problem is the coaching staff maximizing said talent, but that's off topic.

Replacing Downie with someone like Sykora might have made sense if the Avs had all of the other necessary pieces in place to make a possible playoff run. If they are close to signing O'R and Landeskog's injury doesn't seem serious, then perhaps they could do such a thing. Without either of them for an extended period (let alone both of them), why move assets?

Old
01-28-2013, 07:17 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:

Quote:
IMO, the larger problem is the coaching staff maximizing said talent, but that's off topic.

Replacing Downie with someone like Sykora might have made sense if the Avs had all of the other necessary pieces in place to make a possible playoff run. If they are close to signing O'R and Landeskog's injury doesn't seem serious, then perhaps they could do such a thing. Without either of them for an extended period (let alone both of them), why move assets?
Agreed/Agreed

Let the season unfold and see what happens.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:51 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
problem is it seems were having a hard time identifying talent in our own system, surely sgarbossa is first to come up, but look at the way aggozino has been playing, looks contract worthy to me, i'd rather call him up than connolly if it comes to it at the current time.
I don't think Agozzino would be effective at the NHL level. He just doesn't have the size/strength from what I've seen.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Honestly I don't care. Sign Campoli. Trade for Yannick Weber. And of course, SIGN O'REILLY. NOW. But do SOMETHING for Christ's sake.

Don't just sit there and accept this.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:30 AM
skip2mybordeleau
Expected Regression

Quote:

good post, puts thing's in a bit different perspective for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
I don't think Agozzino would be effective at the NHL level. He just doesn't have the size/strength from what I've seen.
you never know, could be a cory conacher 2.0, but that's also wishful thinking, when i saw he was invited to lake erie camp few months back, no way did i think he would be a main cog to that team.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:21 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
I'd like to see us acquire Tedenby and give him a shot in the top 6. Judging by the Devils fans, he's not a valuable commodity anymore and we may be able to get him at a reasonable price.

With Downie out, Hejduk spent and Landeskog possibly out for awhile, we could use the reinforcements and I have a good feeling about him from the times I've watched him. He's like a more skilled Olver with less agitation and better hands.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:41 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I'd like to see us acquire Tedenby and give him a shot in the top 6. Judging by the Devils fans, he's not a valuable commodity anymore and we may be able to get him at a reasonable price.

With Downie out, Hejduk spent and Landeskog possibly out for awhile, we could use the reinforcements and I have a good feeling about him from the times I've watched him. He's like a more skilled Olver with less agitation and better hands.
I've always liked him, he could be a good fit. I would trade a guy like Hunwick for him.

*I realize Hunwick has played ok/good so far this year but apart from his speed, he brings very little to this team. The Avs would be better off putting Barrie in the lineup and letting him make his share of mistakes because at least he can probably create some offense out there.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I've always liked him, he could be a good fit. I would trade a guy like Hunwick for him.

*I realize Hunwick has played ok/good so far this year but apart from his speed, he brings very little to this team. The Avs would be better off putting Barrie in the lineup and letting him make his share of mistakes because at least he can probably create some offense out there.
They don't need defenders. It'd have to be a prospect, pick or forward.

I'd move Kobasew if they wanted NHL depth for Tedenby, a mid round pick (4th?) or a project prospect like Luke Walker (if he were healthy) judging by what they needed.

I'm not sure any of them are enough value.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:00 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Adrian Dater @adater
Avs recall Michael Sgarbossa from Lake Erie, send Brad Malone back down

Old
01-29-2013, 03:01 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Adrian Dater @adater
Here comes the pirate, hopefully he can help our anemic offense.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Balls on the table!

vCash: 140
Holy chit. Hope he doesn't get hurt.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:07 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Hope they give him a fair chance. Hope they give Barrie one too, while they are at it.

Barrie and Sgarbossa can run a PP better than most of the guys we have on the team.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Adrian Dater @adater
I like how Sacco gives Barrie two games despite looking like crap, but sends Malone down right off the bat. I thought Malone put himself in a lot of good positions to make something happen offensively, but just let the nerves get the best of him. Didn't think he hurt the team much, and would have liked to see him get another game after the nerves settled down.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:54 PM
cyberfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I like how Sacco gives Barrie two games despite looking like crap, but sends Malone down right off the bat. I thought Malone put himself in a lot of good positions to make something happen offensively, but just let the nerves get the best of him. Didn't think he hurt the team much, and would have liked to see him get another game after the nerves settled down.
I don't think it has do with disliking what Malone did yesterday but more because we need offense while Landy, RoR and Downie are out. I think Malone did pretty well also and I think he will get another chance this year.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:08 PM
niwotsblessing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Agreed, I thought Malone was solid for a 4th line guy in his 10th NHL game. That said, the roster move may have to do with the number of players we're carrying right now, I do not believe Landy is on the IR list.

Closed Thread