HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLVIII All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 05:34 AM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Hamilton with 4 points in 5 days..the Leafs created a monster.

If there's any team winning multiple championships over the next few years...
Doug Hamilton - future Norris candidate.
Tyler Seguin - future Art Ross candidate.
Tuuka Rask - future Vezina candidate.

Maple Leafs ...

It's going to be really tough to get past Boston in the next half-decade. That trio holds up really well compared to Subban-Galchenyuk-Price, and they have tremendous depth to back it up.

Last edited by DAChampion: 01-29-2013 at 05:41 AM.
Old
01-29-2013, 07:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c63DF...=youtube_gdata

Looks like Lucic was just trying to hold on.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:59 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
It was a bad trade then....but even way more now. The only thing Leafs fans was counting on is the ordinairy performance that Hamilton gave at the WJC. But then, once they realize that the WJC means so much....oops, they are not finding out that it was a really really bad trade. Feels great to see that others could look stupid in a trade. Frustrated to see that it's the Bruins that always seem to be on the right side of stupidity though....

And again...how the heck did Hamilton fell off to #7...IT MADE NO SENSE. No sense then...not now, not ever.
I'm pretty sure Boston got fleeced in the Thornton deal. They also basically gave away Versteeg who helped Chicago win a cup.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:42 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm pretty sure Boston got fleeced in the Thornton deal. They also basically gave away Versteeg who helped Chicago win a cup.
got fleeced? they gave away a future hall of famer for marco sturm, primeau and brad stuart

Old
01-29-2013, 09:50 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Boston fans will argue that the money they saved in moving Thornton eventually led to them being able to sign Chara (or something like that). But taking just the value they got back into consideration, yes, it was an awful trade that made no sense then or now.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:50 AM
Maverik

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c63DF...=youtube_gdata

Looks like Lucic was just trying to hold on.
? Pretty good fight if you ask me, I would even give the edge to Lucic..

Old
01-29-2013, 09:56 AM
bsl

Quote:
The thing is, I think the Bruins are on autopilot right now. Seguin isn't even playing that well. I'd say the Sharks, Blackhawks and Blues are better so far, but the west playoffs are going to be a war while the east is a joke.

During Kessel's ridiculous hot streak last season, Leafs fans were able to be in denial, now with Hamilton looking so good and Kessel back down to earth, very few are defending it. Burke made some nice moves but that trade overshadows everything even worse than Gomez and Gainey.
Not worse than Gomez. We could have Mc ****ing DO in our D lineup right now:

Subban - Mc ****ing Do
Marky Emelin
Diaz Gorges

****ity **** **** ****. That's a contending D.

Quote:
Hamilton with 4 points in 5 days..the Leafs created a monster.

If there's any team winning multiple championships over the next few years...
Nothing like trading in your OWN DIVISION Burke you ****ing arsehole idiot! Thanks for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
actually, the picks of seguin, hamilton and rielly would have been higher since kessel made them win games they had no reason winning. instead of seguin, hamilton and rielly, it would be more like hall, landeskog/huberdeau and galchenyuk
Oh man. Stick the knife in buddy. I'd top myself if I was a Laff fan, I really would.

I'm in therapy on the Gomez trade as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Preds down 2-0 to a struggling Coyotes team.

Would be nice if COL came back to tie EDM. Need a 3 point game there badly.
OHM...may Preds and Flames fail as no other team has ever failed before this year, giving us the 31 and 32.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Preds down 2-0 to a struggling Coyotes team.

Would be nice if COL came back to tie EDM. Need a 3 point game there badly.
The draft watch is on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Martin St-Louis got 4 assists tonight. The man is incredible at 37 years old he comes 2nd in the leagues with 11 pts in 5 games. Totally unreal.
Marty is Strong like Bull. Still love Emelin's hit on him last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
This man lives, breaths and sleeps being a hockey player. One of the best athletes in the game. Smart, great speed, trains hard, devoted to improving... I'd be surprised if he doesn't play past 40 if he remains healthy.

He would have looked good in a Canadiens jersey.
Don't say that dude. That's just painful. You mean, like, the new Cournoyer that we never have had since. Stop giving me this pain man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post

Maple Leafs ...

It's going to be really tough to get past Boston in the next half-decade. That trio holds up really well compared to Subban-Galchenyuk-Price, and they have tremendous depth to back it up.
Perhaps our much better pick than theirs this year will be the difference.

Last edited by hototogisu: 01-29-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old
01-29-2013, 10:19 AM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post

OHM...may Preds and Flames fail as no other team has ever failed before this year, giving us the 31 and 32.

The draft watch is on...

Marty is Strong like Bull. Still love Emelin's hit on him last year.

Don't say that dude. That's just painful. You mean, like, the new Cournoyer that we never have had since. Stop giving me this pain man.
Actually, I believe it would be 30 & 31 as the Devils must forfeit their first this season, IIRC.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Actually, I believe it would be 30 & 31 as the Devils must forfeit their first this season, IIRC.
They can do it in the 2014 draft too.

Considering NJ is hosting the 2013 draft, bet on 2014.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:30 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
? Pretty good fight if you ask me, I would even give the edge to Lucic..

Not sure how Lucic gets the edge. Pretty even, no winner in my mind.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:41 AM
sharks9

Cheering for NJ and Washington tonight! Boston and Ottawa need to stop playing so well.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:54 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Maple Leafs always good for a chuckle.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:07 PM
TD74

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Boston fans will argue that the money they saved in moving Thornton eventually led to them being able to sign Chara (or something like that). But taking just the value they got back into consideration, yes, it was an awful trade that made no sense then or now.
Its funny how some things work out. I still think back to that trade and I shake my head,,,player for player, even today,,,,doesnt make sense.

O'Connell (GM at that time) didnt know it then, but moving Thornton would start the rebuild. Yes, we had the funds to sign Chara.....and dont forget we also got Savard as well that year. However, it wasnt until Chiarelli came in and took charge and changed the culture and landscape of the Bruins....and the rest is history.

No one knew then.....that the 3 picks for Kessel would be Seguin, Hamilton and Knight. I didnt expect TML to finish that bad....bottom 5 and even bottom 10 back to back years!

Old
01-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Cheering for NJ and Washington tonight! Boston and Ottawa need to stop playing so well.
You must really like lost causes.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Habtchum*

The Bruins are ****ing hot. I would not be surprised to see them arriving in Montreal next week with no loss, yet.

Hopefully, Habs will solve that problem.

Bruins got a terrific, well oiled hockey machine. I hate them.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD74 View Post
Its funny how some things work out. I still think back to that trade and I shake my head,,,player for player, even today,,,,doesnt make sense.

O'Connell (GM at that time) didnt know it then, but moving Thornton would start the rebuild. Yes, we had the funds to sign Chara.....and dont forget we also got Savard as well that year. However, it wasnt until Chiarelli came in and took charge and changed the culture and landscape of the Bruins....and the rest is history.

No one knew then.....that the 3 picks for Kessel would be Seguin, Hamilton and Knight. I didnt expect TML to finish that bad....bottom 5 and even bottom 10 back to back years!

+ Bruins were darn lucky drafting Bergeron, Lucic and Marchand: three guys that sould have end up wit the Habs instead of Urquhart, Maxwell and White...(ouch !)

Old
01-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
+ Bruins were darn lucky drafting Bergeron, Lucic and Marchand: three guys that sould have end up wit the Habs instead of Urquhart, Maxwell and White...(ouch !)
Not a lot of luck involved, mostly great scouting and an even better player development system.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
Not a lot of luck involved, mostly great scouting and an even better player development system.
I remember very well thei DG saying that they did not know Bergeron that well and they took a chance. The kid really surprised them when he jumped directly from Junior to NHL hockey, even if he was a mid second rounder.

The trade with TO and the return is pure BS luck.

Another team that is often lucky at the Draft table is Philadelphia. Giroux, Couturier, Richards and Carter fell on their lap because of other teams total ignorance.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:57 PM
TD74

Quote:
lol!!! I personally feel that the draft is a complete crap-shoot!! No one knows how things turn out; can you explain to me how the B's first-round picks are historically busts and their 2nd and 3rd round picks are gems.....Bergy(2nd), Lucic (2nd), Krejci (2nd), Marchand (3rd), Sobotka (4th), Versteeg (5th)!!!

Old
01-29-2013, 02:02 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
Anybody that drafts Hamill Colborne Lashoff Stuart Toivonen Morrisonn and Johnsson as part of their 1st round group since 2000 can't be great scouting.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
The Bruins are ****ing hot. I would not be surprised to see them arriving in Montreal next week with no loss, yet.

Hopefully, Habs will solve that problem.

Bruins got a terrific, well oiled hockey machine. I hate them.
To be fair they have a lot of advantages to start this season.

1-most of their players played in Europe(most in the NHL I believe)
2-they did not change coach
3-they have almost all their skaters coming back

Not saying they will fall on their face but other teams will catch up once they gel later in the season.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:21 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post

Maple Leafs ...

I'm skeptical of all three projections. Maybe Tuuka Rask will win the Jennings trophy, but not the Vezina. Seguin will have too much competition. Why mention Hamilton at all?

Old
01-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
got fleeced? they gave away a future hall of famer for marco sturm, primeau and brad stuart
I agree,

Old
01-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Who cares how Bruins fans rationalize things? Before Subban signed a number of them said they wouldn't accept him for free! Not that I wish it, but it would serve them right if Malcolm Subban exhibited the personality traits they impute to his sibling.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:33 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Who cares how Bruins fans rationalize things? Before Subban signed a number of them said they wouldn't accept him for free! Not that I wish it, but it would serve them right if Malcolm Subban exhibited the personality traits they impute to his sibling.
Some here tried to rationalize the Gomez trade by saying it allowed us to sign Cammalleri and Gionta, so hey.

Closed Thread