HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Columbus needs a pure finisher

Old
01-29-2013, 10:04 AM
OLUSAF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
At the draft:

Mike Cammalleri for Boone Jenner and a 2nd.

I think the draft is a good time for the Jackets to make a splash because they may be able to get some quality guys for a decent price that might be compliance buyouts who would be unlikely to sign in Columbus as free agents.
Seems like a large overpayment for Colombus

OLUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:06 AM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLUSAF View Post
Seems like a large overpayment for Colombus
How do you figure? Might be a slight overpayment, but most definitely not a large overpayment as Cammalleri is worth a decent amount more than either piece individually.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:16 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:
At the draft:

I think the draft is a good time for the Jackets to make a splash because they may be able to get some quality guys for a decent price that might be compliance buyouts who would be unlikely to sign in Columbus as free agents.
Not even a remote chance. Jackets are going to be following the path of the St. Louis Blues. They aren't going to plug holes by trading youth and picks. Been there, done that and it didn't work at all...ever. If the Jackets are going to trade for offense, they'll move defensive prospects or picks for someone young and high end (players like Hall, Eberle, Seguin, etc.). Not saying those players are available and I know the cost woudl be high but that's about all that would make sense. Reality is, the CBJ could end up with players like that from this draft with 3 first rounders and a presumed deep draft. They'll stay the course and build via the draft and trades for youth.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:20 AM
waitin425

Kessel for Jenner, kings 1st and jackets 2nd

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:22 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

How pure do you want him?

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:22 AM
doorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post
just tank this year and draft MacKinnon
If they want a finisher only they are better off with Drouin IMO.

doorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:24 AM
OLUSAF

Quote:
How do you figure? Might be a slight overpayment, but most definitely not a large overpayment as Cammalleri is worth a decent amount more than either piece individually.
I think Boone Jenner is a very good prospect and Columbus 2nd will be very close to being a late 1st.

Calgary gave up a struggling middle aged player in Bourque and a 2nd and they did so in an attempt to make a playoff push.

No offense to Cammy, I like him as a player but based on age, Contract and decline in performance I don't see teams giving up good prospects and relatively high picks for him.

If anything another reclamation project and later pick similar to what Calgary gave up.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:26 AM
doorman

I would do Kessel& Bozak, for Jenner, Erixon and a 2nd

Old
01-29-2013, 10:27 AM
ViD
Arty vs Nash 22:25

vCash: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
I say we proceed as if "we" are NOT asking for a finisher.

Or even semi-sane ones.
I take it as if you mean the Jackets are rebuilding . How do you rebuild if you have no assets to do that? If you ask me, tanking and drafting prospects, then waiting for them to denvelop is not a good way for a team that has no success in the history at all. Are the fans prepared for 3-4 more years of being a bottom team?

The Jackets already have a solid defensive core, all they need is a pair of good offensive players and they can do some damage

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:32 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLUSAF View Post
I think Boone Jenner is a very good prospect and Columbus 2nd will be very close to being a late 1st.

Calgary gave up a struggling middle aged player in Bourque and a 2nd and they did so in an attempt to make a playoff push.

No offense to Cammy, I like him as a player but based on age, Contract and decline in performance I don't see teams giving up good prospects and relatively high picks for him.

If anything another reclamation project and later pick similar to what Calgary gave up.
I don't think Cammalleri leaving Montreal is a good deal to look at to establish value. Cammy had just called the team out in the media and the Habs panicked and moved him for for less than his market value.

Maybe it's not the right deal for Columbus, but I think the value is closer than you give credit for.

Old
ViD
Arty vs Nash 22:25

vCash: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
How pure do you want him?
Jeff Carter was that pure goalscorer. Too bad he didnt wanna play in Columbus

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kev22

The Jackets won't trade Boone Jenner. The front office is very high on him. They see him as a potential future captain. I think that the Jackets are trying to ice a competitive team that works it's tail off this year, but they are asking for patience. They are the youngest team in the league (26.7 years old I believe) and with JD on board, they are trying to finally build the right way.

Deals involving players like Murray, Johansen, Moore, Jenner, Audy-Marchessault, Calvert, etc. will not happen, especially not for players like Mike Cammalleri. I also don't forsee the front office being willing to trade any of their 1st round picks this year, it's too good a crop this year.

If they can add scoring without giving up youth, then if the deal makes sense they'll pursue a deal. I just don't see the Jackets being very active this season regarding trades.

Kev22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:33 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Not even a remote chance. Jackets are going to be following the path of the St. Louis Blues. They aren't going to plug holes by trading youth and picks. Been there, done that and it didn't work at all...ever. If the Jackets are going to trade for offense, they'll move defensive prospects or picks for someone young and high end (players like Hall, Eberle, Seguin, etc.). Not saying those players are available and I know the cost woudl be high but that's about all that would make sense. Reality is, the CBJ could end up with players like that from this draft with 3 first rounders and a presumed deep draft. They'll stay the course and build via the draft and trades for youth.
That's fine, I understand that such a move might not be right for the Jackets.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:42 AM
KlattNazty

kessel for all the CBJ 1st picks this year!

KlattNazty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:00 AM
OLUSAF

Quote:
I don't think Cammalleri leaving Montreal is a good deal to look at to establish value. Cammy had just called the team out in the media and the Habs panicked and moved him for for less than his market value.

Maybe it's not the right deal for Columbus, but I think the value is closer than you give credit for.
Agree to disagree

Old
01-29-2013, 11:53 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
Jeff Carter was that pure goalscorer. Too bad he didnt wanna play in Columbus
THIS

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:58 AM
mizzoublues29
Unregistered User

How difficult would it be to pry Evander Kane out of Winnipeg?

mizzoublues29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:04 PM
leugangen

Kessel for Johansen, Jenner/Dansk and a conditional 2013 1st.

The condition is that CBJ chooses what pick to give up at the end of the year (most likely LA's).

Something like this work?

edit: Forgot CBJ has three 1sts this year. This deal doesn't need to be as complicated as I listed initially lol.

leugangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:48 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
Kessel for Johansen, Jenner/Dansk and a conditional 2013 1st.

The condition is that CBJ chooses what pick to give up at the end of the year (most likely LA's).

Something like this work?

edit: Forgot CBJ has three 1sts this year. This deal doesn't need to be as complicated as I listed initially lol.
I don't think this trade is in Columbus' best interest.

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:06 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
I take it as if you mean the Jackets are rebuilding . How do you rebuild if you have no assets to do that? If you ask me, tanking and drafting prospects, then waiting for them to denvelop is not a good way for a team that has no success in the history at all. Are the fans prepared for 3-4 more years of being a bottom team?

The Jackets already have a solid defensive core, all they need is a pair of good offensive players and they can do some damage
Rebuilding is a funny word. And your use of "no assets" I also find funny.

The CBJ has acquired a bunch of young players and draft picks to go along with young players/prospects already in Columbus. This is really the first year of whatever-you-want-to-call-it. So it makes sense to see what you've got first. Not to mention there is new leadership at the top of Columbus' player personnel department. Something tells me he's gonna want to have a look-see.

How do you know what pieces you want to build around, or what you have that others might want in return for other assets moving forward unless you've done a thorough assessment?

Unless someone comes calling with a no-brainer of an offer, I don't see any significant movement from a roster standpoint for the CBJ this season.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:13 PM
doorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
I don't think this trade is in Columbus' best interest.
I think as a Leaf fan it is awesome, lol, as a hockey fan you guys are getting hosed. Though Clb. is the type of place I honestly see Kessel enjoying to play. He would be money for you guys and a great draw for fans as he truly is electrifing.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
I fully understand, (and looking at a few other posts - other people too) that CLB (like the leafs) aren't going to mortgage the future for a 'now' player.

However, if you are asking for a finisher. What do you expect to pay? All finishers will come with a hefty price tag.

Stay the course, don't make any crazy moves.
My thought would be that the if the Jackets do acquire someone, it would be a reclamation project like Vrbata was in PHO, or J. Jokinen in CAR. Definetely agree with you though that the Jackets wouldn't be willing what it would take to trade for an elite finisher.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellor683 View Post
Kessel for Joha-
Discussion ended. Johansen is not being traded for anyone that isn't already an established quality #1C. Note that this, for example, explicitly excluded Jeff Carter - you will have to be giving us a center superior to Jeff Carter if you want Ryan Johansen.

Ridiculous? Absolutely. But that's kind of how it works when you ask for Johansen; he doesn't get offered, only asked for. Just ask Oil fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Deals involving players like Murray, Johansen, Moore, Jenner, Audy-Marchessault, Calvert, etc. will not happen
QFT.

Quote:
I can see the Jackets giving up a high draft pick and a defenseman . That is if they plan to attempt a playoff run. Otherwise, they will tank and not make any significant move.
If it's possible to get a finisher this way, that's how it'd happen. I just don't think it all that feasible right now.

Quote:
At the draft:

Boone is the best center prospect we have. We can't afford to lose him.

And while I've liked Cammalleri in the past, he hasn't exactly been converting at a high clip lately. Heck, Umberger's been outscoring him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
Kessel for Joha-
No. End of discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Deals involving players like Murray, Johansen, Moore, Jenner, Audy-Marchessault, Calvert, etc. will not happen
Quoted again for emphasis. Folks, I know it's sometimes hard to recognize that we are an NHL team that wants to ice an NHL roster, but we're doing OUR rebuild, not yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
My thought would be that the if the Jackets do acquire someone, it would be a reclamation project like Vrbata was in PHO, or J. Jokinen in CAR. Definetely agree with you though that the Jackets wouldn't be willing what it would take to trade for an elite finisher.
That's the sort of player I'd look for, and I don't presently see any such folks available on the market.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:09 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

The Jackets are most definitely NOT re-building. They're building. Still.

With Davidson in charge, you can be assured that they'll be keeping their draft picks and not making a panic move to acquire short-term help. For the first time in that franchise's history there's hope of escaping mediocrity...don't rush it though, as difficult as that may be after dealing with a decade of ineptitude.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:48 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Yep, JD won't be somebody's MacLean...

Dougie MacLean still walks bent, and barks like a dog on command, ha ha.

Our rebuild happens from the blue line out.. Joey & Cam are essential pieces, Boone will centre the 3rd line. 2014 draft picks may be iced next year in the top 6.

Love Kessel, love Kessel, but he probably isn't in the Jackets future, unless traded for a guy Like Tyutin and a 2nd at the deadline, just sayin

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote