HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coffey: "I'd consult the Pens Powerplay"

Old
01-29-2013, 11:19 AM
JTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Letang can't gain the zone and set things up to save his life. Kunitz? Na. Neal isn't a fit playing the point. Which leaves Sid/Geno. A PK scheme can key in on them as the main puck carriers.

We don't have that guy who can reguarly gain the zone and set things up. Sullivan was that for us last year. The PP ran through Geno last year, but Sullivan was a huge part of our success. He was a calming presence at the point. We don't have that now and it's showing.
Letang can gain the zone if the PP scheme were to be changed where he could carry it in deep himself. What Letang can't do is play the top point and distribute the puck.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:29 PM
themethod7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Letang can gain the zone if the PP scheme were to be changed where he could carry it in deep himself. What Letang can't do is play the top point and distribute the puck.
Which to me is just mind boggling. Maybe I'm just stubborn but I refuse to believe that Letang doesn't have the skillset to QB the team's #1PP.

themethod7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Shockmaster

Another big problem with the coaching staff is their refusal to put one of either Crosby or Malkin on the left side. Both of them want to play in that right circle, and it makes it easy for the other team's PK to put the squeeze down on that side. They're also putting Neal WHO LEAD THE NHL IN PPGs LAST SEASON in a place where you generally don't score much on the PP.

The coaching staff doesn't want to tell Crosby and/or Malkin to play somewhere else on the PP, and it's hurting the team in the process. There's a lot of pride swallowing that needs to be done if this team wants to contend. And I also think Shero needs to grow a pair and start making sure Bylsma realizes this.

Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:25 PM
GrouperTrooper

No movement.

GrouperTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:02 PM
specialized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockmaster View Post
Another big problem with the coaching staff is their refusal to put one of either Crosby or Malkin on the left side. Both of them want to play in that right circle, and it makes it easy for the other team's PK to put the squeeze down on that side. They're also putting Neal WHO LEAD THE NHL IN PPGs LAST SEASON in a place where you generally don't score much on the PP.

The coaching staff doesn't want to tell Crosby and/or Malkin to play somewhere else on the PP, and it's hurting the team in the process. There's a lot of pride swallowing that needs to be done if this team wants to contend. And I also think Shero needs to grow a pair and start making sure Bylsma realizes this.
I agree with this statement, I hate to say it but Sid needs to play on PP2, Malkin is far superior than Sid on the half wall.

Also this team is lacking of a true offensive defenceman.

specialized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:19 PM
Shockmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by YinzerpenguiN View Post
I agree with this statement, I hate to say it but Sid needs to play on PP2, Malkin is far superior than Sid on the half wall.

Also this team is lacking of a true offensive defenceman.
When you have the two best players in the world, they should be on the same PP. What the coaching staff has to do is stop tip-toeing around Crosby and Malkin and tell one of them to play on the other side so Neal can go back to a spot where he scored all those goals. I don't think Crosby and Malkin are mental midgets (even if the main board might disagree). If it's for the betterment of the team, they'll move to another position on the PP without complaining.

Old
01-29-2013, 06:23 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by themethod7 View Post
Which to me is just mind boggling. Maybe I'm just stubborn but I refuse to believe that Letang doesn't have the skillset to QB the team's #1PP.
Being a PPQB, skill isn't what matters. You have to have a high hockey IQ in the offensive zone, know where to move the puck at the right time, how to maneuver PK'ers, and you have to have a certain type of confidence. What I loved about Morrow when he was here for his call up last season is that he has an arrogance to be a really good PPQB. Letang always, and I mean ALWAYS, defers to Sid or Geno. He takes way too long to decide if he wants to shoot or not, and by time he thinks about it, his opportunity has passed.

Morrow, even at 18 years old, had a swagger on the point. He was going to shoot the puck, and he didn't give a **** who was on the ice with him.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Yeah the Sharks PP is nasty. It is so dangerous.
No ****. Everything Marleau touches this year turns to platinum with a side order of Tim Horton's Maple Frosted....

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:21 PM
Shockmaster

Time to bring in a PP coach....

Old
01-29-2013, 09:29 PM
Jacob

The powerplay needs a ****ing exorcism.