HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl & pit:

Old
01-29-2013, 11:44 AM
SidsBackhand

vCash: 500
Despres won't be moved. It was a nice thought until Niskanen went down in Ottowa and ENGELLAND/LOVEJOY had to log more than 6 minutes of game time. The number of minutes the top 4 defensemen are seeing right now will not be able to hold up throughout this rapid schedule due to the abbreviated season. The Pens will need to rely on Despres and Bortuzzo down the stretch.

Demoulin is the only guy who MIGHT be moved (most likely not) and Pouliot is out of the question. Let's get back down to reality here. The Penguins trading away a defenseman = personnel suicide.

SidsBackhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:52 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidsBackhand View Post
Despres won't be moved. It was a nice thought until Niskanen went down in Ottowa and ENGELLAND/LOVEJOY had to log more than 6 minutes of game time. The number of minutes the top 4 defensemen are seeing right now will not be able to hold up throughout this rapid schedule due to the abbreviated season. The Pens will need to rely on Despres and Bortuzzo down the stretch.

Demoulin is the only guy who MIGHT be moved (most likely not) and Pouliot is out of the question. Let's get back down to reality here. The Penguins trading away a defenseman = personnel suicide.

Penguins have a collection of young high caliber D prospects. Trading away an NHL ready defenseman at this time is suicide. Trading away one of those six prime D prospects for a long term solution, not a rental or a non producing older player would be a play. I wouldn't say Pouliott is out of the question. If he was the lone guy, then probably so. You trade him, you still have Morrow, Dumoulin, Harrington, Maata in the pipeline. That isn't bad at all.

Bottom line, you certainly don't trade Despres now.

OCPenguin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
stop calling Despres a spare part
lol, no ****. Talk about posting out ones ass.

01-29-2013, 12:16 PM
SidsBackhand

If the Penguins could get away with trading Demoulin, Maata, 1st and a possible 2nd for a proven winger that meshes well with Crosby's style, I would do it.

That being said, I would also give up the same for a proven defenseman. The Pens are HURTING right now on defense. They need to call someone up or trade for a starting defenseman.

SidsBackhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:22 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidsBackhand View Post
If the Penguins could get away with trading Demoulin, Maata, 1st and a possible 2nd for a proven winger that meshes well with Crosby's style, I would do it.

That being said, I would also give up the same for a proven defenseman. The Pens are HURTING right now on defense. They need to call someone up or trade for a starting defenseman.
That winger better be very very good. That is a hefty price to be sending out of dodge for a random winger.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Habs say no.

Tangradi is a bust.
Despres has been overrated and isn't that good.
I also dislike the proposal (for different reasons) but I think it's a little early to call him 'overrated' and 'not that good.' I don't see how such a small sample size could lead to that conclusion at all, especially when he's looked mostly fine in the games he's played.

ETA: it's a little early to call Tangradi a bust as well IMO, much as Pens fans like to harp on everything he does.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:46 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
I also dislike the proposal (for different reasons) but I think it's a little early to call him 'overrated' and 'not that good.' I don't see how such a small sample size could lead to that conclusion at all.
If that guy is a Canadiens fan, I guess with him saying that about Despres, can we not say the same thing about Louis LeBlanc?

Just saw your edit ... Tangradi is a bust.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:47 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
If that guy is a Canadiens fan, I guess with him saying that about Despres, can we not say the same thing about Louis LeBlanc?

Just saw your edit ... Tangradi is a bust.
Agree to disagree. The kid is 23 years old and has been mishandled. Not being able to keep up with Evgeni Malkin doesn't make a player a bust.

Regardless of Tangradi being part of the equation, referring to Simon Despres as spare parts is absurd.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:56 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Agree to disagree. The kid is 23 years old and has been mishandled. Not being able to keep up with Evgeni Malkin doesn't make a player a bust.

Regardless of Tangradi being part of the equation, referring to Simon Despres as spare parts is absurd.
Yes, referring to a 21-year old young high ceiling defenseman that can skate like he does and shoot like he does as a spare part is absurd. He has a chance to show his stuff while being paired with Letang the next 2-4 weeks. If he is a Canadiens fan, I think I will hit a nerve with him regarding my comment of Louis LeBlanc, who is the same age and has tremendous skill. It's much easier to break into the NHL as a forward than a blueliner.

I don't buy the mishandled comment. Same excuse Edmonton fans bring with PRV - midhandled ... blah, blah, blah. Not saying he is a bust because he can't keep up with Sid or Geno. Hell, there are guys who have been in the league for six or seven years with good careers that can't. He is a 6-4 power forward that should dominate in the AHL. He hasn't done that. He isn't a first or second line guy on this team and he doesn't fit the third line at all. Where does he fit? Really, not in Pittsburgh.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:12 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
I'd consider it depending where the habs are at the deadline. If the habs are out of it, it's a no brainer.

As for the pens, I think they could do better for that package.
I'd consider it too if the Habs are in selling more. I'm not that high on Tangradi (used to but he i'm not sure he's ever going to be the player i thought he would become) but i like Despres. A 2nd ain't bad either even though it would probably be a low one.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:42 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

As a neutral observer, I'd say this is fair (assuming the Habs are sellers).

Depres is a very good prospect and a top prospect + 2nd round is what I'd expect Gionta to fetch anyways. The jury is out on Tangradi, but he's a big PF prospect that the Habs could use.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:59 PM
vokiel
I hate blind callups

Can I sign for Bergevin?

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:04 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr