HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Garrioch Writes that Avs are Quietly Shopping O'Reilly

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-29-2013, 11:58 AM
  #551
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
notice the phrase, "same breathe".... where did that say anyone was saying equal?

The fact it would even be implied that the Avs wouldnt move O'Reilly unless it was piece of something for Keith or Seabrook is crazy. The Hawks have several pieces that could land O'Reilly.
Go for it, let's have them.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:00 PM
  #552
Pierre Gotye
Registered User
 
Pierre Gotye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: McKinney, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 4,014
vCash: 500
Bozak /mid pick or 2nd tier prospect, for ROR.

ROR 4 years younger than Bozak. Bozak has strong Denver Connections.

ROR is from ONT.

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:00 PM
  #553
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Gotye View Post
Bozak mid pick or 2nd tier prospect for ROR.

ROR 4 years younger than Bozak. Bozak has strong Denver Connections.

ROR is from ONT.
Makes complete sense.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:02 PM
  #554
MrBigglesworth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
It was nice seeing Sam "Useless" Gagner with 2 points against the Avs last night.

MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:05 PM
  #555
Pierre Gotye
Registered User
 
Pierre Gotye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: McKinney, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 4,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Makes complete sense.
In terms of production they've been pretty similar, although Bozak has more of an edge than O'Rielly at this point.

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:05 PM
  #556
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth View Post
It was nice seeing Sam "Useless" Gagner with 2 points against the Avs last night.
Oh yeah, he's a mega-star. He single-handedly dominated the Avs. That's why every oiler fan wants to trade him.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:06 PM
  #557
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Gotye View Post
In terms of production they've been pretty similar, although Bozak has more of an edge than O'Rielly at this point.
I said it made sense, stop pinning ribbons to it.


Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:07 PM
  #558
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth View Post
It was nice seeing Sam "Useless" Gagner with 2 points against the Avs last night.
Arnason once lit up the Oilers, why didn't you guys sign him?

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:09 PM
  #559
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,793
vCash: 500
Derek Stepan for O'Reilly, is there a plus on either side? Or is it even? If a +, how much?

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:12 PM
  #560
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Derek Stepan for O'Reilly, is there a plus on either side? Or is it even? If a +, how much?
Can he PK? If not we need someone that can step up onto the #1 PK unit.


Last edited by Lonewolfe2015: 01-29-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:32 PM
  #561
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Maybe you need to do a bit of research on how we speak in the world of hockey... Or maybe you have just been sucked into the EASports mentality. The rule of thumb in hockey development at the pro level has always been if a player's under 25 the term prospect is still used. Some will say young player, etc.. The fact you feel it necessary to harp on someone for figures of speech shows volumes in regards to maturity and the inability to actually discuss issues.

Ignore is a good place for you sir.
uh... where'd that rule come from?
I don't think anyone refers to Stamkos, Eberle, Karlsson, Benn, McDonagh, Simmonds, JStaal, Couture, etc as prospects anymore

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:36 PM
  #562
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,768
vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Maybe you need to do a bit of research on how we speak in the world of hockey... Or maybe you have just been sucked into the EASports mentality. The rule of thumb in hockey development at the pro level has always been if a player's under 25 the term prospect is still used. Some will say young player, etc.. The fact you feel it necessary to harp on someone for figures of speech shows volumes in regards to maturity and the inability to actually discuss issues.

Ignore is a good place for you sir.
No it isn't, nor has it ever been. Go back to watching football or whatever it is you normally watch. No one refers to 25 Y/O NHL players as "prospects" thats just ridiculous. Stamkos is still a prospect by your faulty logic.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:37 PM
  #563
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Can he PK? If not we need someone that can step up onto the #1 PK unit.
Lars Eller and David Desharnais 2nd calgary for Ryan o'reilly and David jones

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:37 PM
  #564
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,094
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth View Post
It was nice seeing Sam "Useless" Gagner with 2 points against the Avs last night.
So what you're saying is that the Oilers have finally solved their 2nd line center issue, are happy with Gagner, and will leave everyone else alone with their atrocious proposals??? Good.





Oh, and to the guy who said
Bozak+2nd. I see what you did there. Funny.



Edit: to the person who thinks everyone under 25 is a prospect...you clearly don't have a clue about hockey. That's an utter joke.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:37 PM
  #565
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Maybe you need to do a bit of research on how we speak in the world of hockey... Or maybe you have just been sucked into the EASports mentality. The rule of thumb in hockey development at the pro level has always been if a player's under 25 the term prospect is still used. Some will say young player, etc.. The fact you feel it necessary to harp on someone for figures of speech shows volumes in regards to maturity and the inability to actually discuss issues.

Ignore is a good place for you sir.
So stamkos ,karlsson , eberle and Tavares are still
Prospects?


The only One Who should Be put on ignore should Be the
One starring at you everytime you Look into a Mirror

ROR is Not a Prospect !

I guess Crosby was happy to Shake off the Prospect label in 2012.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:43 PM
  #566
hockeyviking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: malmo
Country: Sweden
Posts: 408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
He's 21... Are you suggesting he's already capped out? That he's already hit his ceiling? If that's the case, he's worth a lot less.

He's still a prospect.... or if it helps you understand better, he's still a younger, evolving player....
no but im saying he isnt a prospect.

younger, evolving player... that i can agree on

hockeyviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:47 PM
  #567
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
uh... where'd that rule come from?
I don't think anyone refers to Stamkos, Eberle, Karlsson, Benn, McDonagh, Simmonds, JStaal, Couture, etc as prospects anymore
I guess they shouldnt have done an article on O'Reilly last week in "Hockey Prospectus" since he's no longer a "prospect"..... It's a term guys. And yes, a lot of the guys you mention above have not capped out yet. They still have a ceiling that hasnt been reached. They though, unlike O'Reilly have really settled into roles, etc. O'Reilly is a great "young player" but he can still go a couple of different ways. Will he continue to grow offensively or will he settle for being a great two-way guy who puts up 50 pts every other year? I think it's the former. Mostly due to his playing with Erie, who recently had been horrible helping guys along. I honestly think if he played in Kitchener, it would've helped him more. Just my humble opinion though.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:49 PM
  #568
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Lars Eller and David Desharnais 2nd calgary for Ryan o'reilly and David jones
Countering with Eller + Gorges for both O'Reilly + Jones.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:49 PM
  #569
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviking View Post
no but im saying he isnt a prospect.

younger, evolving player... that i can agree on
Fair enough.. I'll try not to use the word Prospect anymore.... as obviously it offends some others..

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:52 PM
  #570
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,094
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Lars Eller and David Desharnais 2nd calgary for Ryan o'reilly and David jones
If we are giving up O'Reilly and Jones, it would rake more than that.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:55 PM
  #571
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Nope, Fowler though and we're talkin
Then it's Landeskog and we're talkin.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:57 PM
  #572
MrBigglesworth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
So what you're saying is that the Oilers have finally solved their 2nd line center issue, are happy with Gagner, and will leave everyone else alone with their atrocious proposals??? Good.
Yep. Seems that way at the moment. 1.2 PPG playing with some quality linemates. So you have my permission to ignore the Gagner for O'Reilly talk, and can carry on trying to convince every other fan base that ROR is Datsyuk. Best of luck.

MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:02 PM
  #573
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
I guess they shouldnt have done an article on O'Reilly last week in "Hockey Prospectus" since he's no longer a "prospect"..... It's a term guys. And yes, a lot of the guys you mention above have not capped out yet. They still have a ceiling that hasnt been reached. They though, unlike O'Reilly have really settled into roles, etc. O'Reilly is a great "young player" but he can still go a couple of different ways. Will he continue to grow offensively or will he settle for being a great two-way guy who puts up 50 pts every other year? I think it's the former. Mostly due to his playing with Erie, who recently had been horrible helping guys along. I honestly think if he played in Kitchener, it would've helped him more. Just my humble opinion though.
oh, well if there was an article in Hockey Prospectus

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:02 PM
  #574
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
They wouldn't do that, Sbisa is already playing at a level we'd be comfortable with Siemens reaching and Ryan is every bit as good if not better than O'Reilly depending on how much to value offense versus defense. Jones and a 3rd aren't worth the question marks in a trade when they've got Palmieri and Etem already, as well as Perry in your scenario.
I agree, I think wed want a little bit more and a little bit different of an offer. Wingers are our strength in terms of close to NHL ready prospects, with Palmieri, DSP, Etem all at NHL or close to NHL levels already. Ideally wed want ROR to play with Ryan, but I could see something around the two of them honestly. Even though, I doubt we make a move for an unsigned #2 center with our #1 center a UFA. But I wanted to see if we had the pieces.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:02 PM
  #575
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Countering with Eller + Gorges for both O'Reilly + Jones.
That could be a good offer but i doubt the habs would move Gorges right now. Maybe when Tinordi is nhl ready but not now.

I think a deal between the habs and the avs could be made tough since one of Plekanec, Desharnais, Eller is going to be traded soon and it seems the avs are having problems with ROR.

A deal around Eller + Leblanc pick maybe? For ROR.

Leblanc is no scrub i wouldn't deal him for nothing. He's already capable of playing in the nhl he just had a rough year.

Anyway i could see the habs interested in ROR.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.