HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 09:32 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
Habs already have 3 2nd rounders in a very deep draft. More is always better.

And I hope you realize that getting a 2nd in return for a 3rd pairing D who was signed as a free agent is solid asset management.

Can't be terrified that every player will turn into Mark Streit.
Except Diaz already is already looking good. I'd rather get a 3rd for Weber than a 2nd for Diaz, since Diaz is actually useful.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:38 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:

And I hope you realize that getting a 2nd in return for a 3rd pairing D who was signed as a free agent is solid asset management.

What's the point of getting another 2nd rd pick for a player who potentially could have been a 2nd rounder (Diaz). That would just set our team back as we would have to use the out of shape Kaberlaa.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Fozz

Quote:

Fire FireBergevin!

Old
01-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Guy's no point in speculating.

Again.

The only players you will see moved in the near future is

Eller
Weber

I had previously said PK but he has now been signed.

Tell me in all honesty who else could be traded and why.

Kaberle yes but no one will take him.
White is our sandpaper won't go.
Diaz ESPECIALLY won't go. He is going to turn into a fantastic player and is showing signs of that now.
Emelin, no chance the guy is our hitting machine, people FEAR him.
Moen will be held onto until his contract expires then let go to ufa.
Armstrong just got acquired and fits into our sandpaper image.
Prust... come on the guy is going to be a fan favourite this year. I already love him.
Desharnais is cheap and a steal even though there is debate he is not a top six.
Max Pac is our one and only potential "star" forward (besides our new kids). he will not be traded.
Pleky is ours for life.
Gionta is our captain and will be till he retires.
Cole is valuable in our new image/style of the play, drive the net, draw penalities, also will probably retire next year. no one will take him.

it will only be Eller and Weber

They have been given so many chance's to play at the expected level but can't for us. maybe with someone else. Eller is turning out to be the new kostitsyn, why were people ever excited about him?

Old
01-28-2013, 10:01 PM
habtastic

And just what if Eller turns out to be even more productive that Pacioretty? Such little patience with Eller who has really had a hard time of things due to his usage. The kid is hard working and has a ton of skill. Now he's playing on arguably the WORST line and on the wing. I hope the next 3 weeks give him a chance to shine cuz he is ALSO part of the franchise going forward and it would be abject stupidity to trade him at this point. Patience.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
And just what if Eller turns out to be even more productive that Pacioretty? Such little patience with Eller who has really had a hard time of things due to his usage. The kid is hard working and has a ton of skill. Now he's playing on arguably the WORST line and on the wing. I hope the next 3 weeks give him a chance to shine cuz he is ALSO part of the franchise going forward and it would be abject stupidity to trade him at this point. Patience.
No. He's a dud. sorry. He doesn't have it.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:23 PM
Et le But

It's comments like this that show exactly why I think Eller deserves a shot elsewhere.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:58 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
It's comments like this that show exactly why I think Eller deserves a shot elsewhere.
Regrettably, it may take a serious injury to one of the top 6 for Eller to get a real shot.

Although, in fairness, MT has shown much more imagination and development skills than I anticipated. Maybe he will find a niche for him.

Old
01-29-2013, 06:09 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post

Again.

Eller
Weber

Diaz ESPECIALLY won't go. He is going to turn into a fantastic player and is showing signs of that now.
Prust... come on the guy is going to be a fan favourite this year. I already love him.
Desharnais is cheap and a steal even though there is debate he is not a top six.
Max Pac is our one and only potential "star" forward (besides our new kids). he will not be traded.
Pleky is ours for life.
Cole is valuable in our new image/style of the play, drive the net, draw penalities, also will probably retire next year. no one will take him.

They have been given so many chance's to play at the expected level but can't for us. maybe with someone else. Eller is turning out to be the new kostitsyn, why were people ever excited about him?
Everybody is tradeable given the right package. Look around the NHL, useful players do get traded.

Last year, the New York Rangers gave up effective roster players Artem Anisimov and Brandon Dubinsky, along with bluechip prospect Tim Erixon and a 1st rounder, to acquire Rick Nash.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:07 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Everybody is tradeable given the right package. Look around the NHL, useful players do get traded.

Last year, the New York Rangers gave up effective roster players Artem Anisimov and Brandon Dubinsky, along with bluechip prospect Tim Erixon and a 1st rounder, to acquire Rick Nash.
Exactly. If the return makes the team better, anyone can be traded. However, when it comes to blockbuster deals like the Nash trade, I much prefer them to be done over the summer.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:19 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I wouldn't move Diaz right now unless we got a ridiculous offer. He looks like he will be a top 4 calibre PMD with strong PP skills.

I think Kaberle will be gone by July...obviously if there is a market they will move him. If not it will be Weber. I don't think we'll get a 2nd for Weber but a 3rd would be solid return given a deep draft this year.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post

Speaking of Dubinsky, he is a guy I would like to add if Columbus is a seller or looking to shed salary. His salary is a bit high at 4.2 mil but he brings a gritty edge and can put up 40-50 points a year.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:37 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
I want Brian Boyle

Old
01-29-2013, 09:38 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Speaking of Dubinsky, he is a guy I would like to add if Columbus is a seller or looking to shed salary. His salary is a bit high at 4.2 mil but he brings a gritty edge and can put up 40-50 points a year.
Salary is too high... And do we really have the need for more grinders ?

Old
01-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Salary is too high... And do we really have the need for more grinders ?
I wouldn't really call him a grinder.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I wouldn't really call him a grinder.
Right, a really expensive grinder is what we should call him.
Srsly though, He's not fit for this team.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Et le But

Dubinsky is pointless unless we ship off Plekanec or Eller. We don't need another center, and if the team is going to take on that kind of salary I want some skill.

And Plekanec is better than Dubinsky. Less physical sure, more skilled. Reminds me of when everyone wanted to ship off Plek plus picks for Statsny.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Knuckles30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post

Again.

Eller
Weber

Pleky is ours for life.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Desharnais moved. I just don't think he fits the mold of team the Habs are trying to build. I would hope to see the Habs 2013-2014 roster look like this:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk / new C - Gallagher
Bourque / Eller - Galchenyuk / new C - Cole
Prust - Plekanec - Gionta
Moen - White - Armstrong (or replacement)

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Tinordi / Beaulieu - Cheap Vet (Boullion / Diaz)

Price
Shooter Tutor

Given the above, trade bait to get that elusive top 2 center (with size) is Desharnais, Eller or Bourque, Diaz, Weber. Kaberle gets bought out. I also see Beaulieu as expendable in the right deal (in which case we'd probably keep Diaz to play with Tinordi).

Last edited by Knuckles30: 01-29-2013 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Had Armstrong in twice instead of White
Old
01-29-2013, 12:05 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Dubinsky is pointless unless we ship off Plekanec or Eller. We don't need another center, and if the team is going to take on that kind of salary I want some skill.

And Plekanec is better than Dubinsky. Less physical sure, more skilled. Reminds me of when everyone wanted to ship off Plek plus picks for Statsny.
Dubinsky can play LW good

Acquiring Dubinsky doesn't mean you have to dump a C

Old
01-29-2013, 12:42 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Dubinsky played left wing last yaer. the fcat that he can also play center is just a bonus. The two years before last he played 146 games and put up 44-54-98.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:11 PM
Knuckles30

Any thoughts on 1st/2nd line centers that could be available?

Getzlaf is UFA, could be available at the deadline if Anaheim falls out of it but I don't think they will.

I would take a run at Backstrom - I think Washington might be tempted to blow things up at some point.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:42 PM
Habskrieg

Could we see us sign Lapierre in the offseason? He's UFA. He could play on the 4th instead of Armstrong. I'd love to see him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles30 View Post
Any thoughts on 1st/2nd line centers that could be available?

Getzlaf is UFA, could be available at the deadline if Anaheim falls out of it but I don't think they will.

I would take a run at Backstrom - I think Washington might be tempted to blow things up at some point.
I'd love to get Getzlaf. He'll be the big name UFA at the center position in the offseason. I think Ducks will try to re-sign him. But if they somehow don't I think we're going to get outbid. I don't think we'll have as much to offer as others.

I think it depends on DeHorny's performances this year. If DD can perform, we'll probably sign him again and aim for a LW, instead of Getzlaf. Though, Ryan would be a better center, yet more expensive.

There's quite a lot of LW on the UFA coming up. Much more than there are UFA centers.

Last edited by Habskrieg: 01-29-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old
01-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Knuckles30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Could we see us sign Lapierre in the offseason? He's UFA. He could play on the 4th instead of Armstrong. I'd love to see him again.

I'd love to get Getzlaf. He'll be the big name UFA at the center position in the offseason. I think Ducks will try to re-sign him. But if they somehow don't I think we're going to get outbid. I don't think we'll have as much to offer as others.

I think it depends on DeHorny's performances this year. If DD can perform, we'll probably sign him again and aim for a LW, instead of Getzlaf. Though, Ryan would be a better center, yet more expensive.

There's quite a lot of LW on the UFA coming up. Much more than there are UFA centers.
I'd really like to see the Habs be proactive and not wait to July 1st to try and get something done. I'd start targeting potential UFA's (or signed guys) as early as possible through trade.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles30 View Post
I'd really like to see the Habs be proactive and not wait to July 1st to try and get something done. I'd start targeting potential UFA's (or signed guys) as early as possible through trade.
Yea, I agree. Would also give us priority to sign him first. If we trade for Getzlaf, we have to send DeHorny the other way. But the way the Ducks are playing so far, I strongly doubt Getzlaf will be available at such a price, or any price for that matter. I only see this as viable if/when they start plummeting. Would be nice to acquire him though.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post

Why would Lapierre want to be #4 center now when he didn't want to 3 years ago?

Closed Thread