Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 5: Anaheim Ducks @ San Jose Sharks | 7:30 PM

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 10:37 PM
saomitch

vCash: 500
I don't post much, but I'll be there sporting my Ducks garb!

Old
01-28-2013, 10:51 PM
bumperkisser

I actually dont mind this too much. even those projected lineups.. i'd like to see that 4th line. putting palmieri there elevates that line a little bit. and belesky's been good so far this year, maybe he can keep up with getz/perry this year.

i'd like to see it for at least a period assuming we dont fall behind like 3-0 cause they've been running through every team lol

Old
01-28-2013, 10:56 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

If they plan on matching top line to top line they need someone bigger and stronger than Palmieri. He'll be manhandled against that line. Putting Beleskey on the top line gives them two lines that can hopefully hold their own against Thornton/Marleau/Pavelski. That line is seriously out of control.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:49 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
If they plan on matching top line to top line they need someone bigger and stronger than Palmieri. He'll be manhandled against that line. Putting Beleskey on the top line gives them two lines that can hopefully hold their own against Thornton/Marleau/Pavelski. That line is seriously out of control.

If the plan is to matchup Getzlaf up against Thornton Id like to see BB try RPG to be honest. Ive just seen Beleskey fail on that line too many times to want to see it tried again. Maybe that would jumpstart Ryan's play too, Id rather not see another miserable game from the Ryan-Bonino-Selanne line.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:25 AM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

ok, sorry for posting the GDT too early
Did not want to do any harm

As for the game, i doubt that Getz line will be put against Thornton line, however, Beleskey could be put with the twins for doing the physical work. Beleskey co-leads the team in hits, and leads in fights, as we know. Putting that physical presence with the top talent might work better now, when we have a deeper roster. Koivu line should be put against Thornton line definately.

I`m looking forward to see how this all plays out, but in the same time, i`m affraid that this could turn out useless. The good news is - you can still switch Beleskey and Palmieri during the game, right?

Old
01-29-2013, 12:49 AM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
ok, sorry for posting the GDT too early
Did not want to do any harm

As for the game, i doubt that Getz line will be put against Thornton line, however, Beleskey could be put with the twins for doing the physical work. Beleskey co-leads the team in hits, and leads in fights, as we know. Putting that physical presence with the top talent might work better now, when we have a deeper roster. Koivu line should be put against Thornton line definately.

I`m looking forward to see how this all plays out, but in the same time, i`m affraid that this could turn out useless. The good news is - you can still switch Beleskey and Palmieri during the game, right?
i was thinking that the koivu line should be put up against the thornton line but then I realized that so far every opponent we've played, that 3rd line hasn't been going up against a big line. Vancouver's 1st line isn't big, they definitely dont PLAY big, neither is calgary's or nashvilles. However, the shark's line has a lot of size, and that koivu line isn't very big at all. Cogs/koivu are small speedy guys with winnik being the only one that has some size. That big line must just stream roll through our koivu line.
I think for the matchup tomorrow it shoudl be top line against top line, put koivu against their second line, and then our second against their 3rd

Old
01-29-2013, 01:09 AM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
i was thinking that the koivu line should be put up against the thornton line but then I realized that so far every opponent we've played, that 3rd line hasn't been going up against a big line. Vancouver's 1st line isn't big, they definitely dont PLAY big, neither is calgary's or nashvilles. However, the shark's line has a lot of size, and that koivu line isn't very big at all. Cogs/koivu are small speedy guys with winnik being the only one that has some size. That big line must just stream roll through our koivu line.
I think for the matchup tomorrow it shoudl be top line against top line, put koivu against their second line, and then our second against their 3rd
Yes, Thornton line will be an ultimate test for Koivu & co. They`re not only big, but extremely skilled and hot right now. Hard to say if Bruce will put out Getz right away, but one way or another, i`m sure Bruce will line up Koivu against their top line at some point.

Last edited by Kalvinators: 01-29-2013 at 01:16 AM.
Old
01-29-2013, 02:41 AM
Fallenity

I'm annoyed that I won't be able to watch this game =(

Old
01-29-2013, 05:25 AM
JabbaJabba

San Jose is the team to beat right now. That 1st line has been on fire lately, especially Marleau. I wouldn't mind seeing the RPG together against them like some of you have already said. Or try Winnik with the Twins. I would actually prefer Winnik so Ryan could play against weaker lines. Rest of the lines could be:

Cogliano-Koivu-Selšnne
Ryan-Bonino-Palmieri
Beleskey-Rakell-Staubitz

Sharks are a top heavy team so Ducks should try to spred the offence a bit. Ryan worked well with the kids at times and Palmieri and him could do well against some less skilled lines. Finns with Cogliano worked also sometimes. 4th line should try to cause some havoc, DSP should be sent down already. I wouldn't try Etem yet, just doesn't seem like the right time IMO.

I won't be able to watch this one...

Lets go Duuuuuuucks!

Old
01-29-2013, 06:16 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
Im not sold on the sharks yet, theyve looked good but mostly because of their power play. Niemi is an average goalie. Perry has been pretty good at getting under their teams skin, should be a good test for both teams. Ideally we need to stay away from the penalty box, and take advantage of any power plays we may get.
Ok, but that "average goalie" has been one of the best goalies in the league this season so far.

It's nice to see how they'll do against the best team in the league atm. Go Ducks!

Beleskey in top line:

Old
01-29-2013, 08:11 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Beleskey on top line...I just don't get it. At least Palmieri-Rakell will be interesting when they get matched against the bottom pairings of Sharks.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Finnpin

Esa Tikkanen thinks Ducks will win Sharks

Old
01-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Papaspud
upsetting the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Esa Tikkanen thinks Ducks will win Sharks
You could understand him?

I remember an interview where Teemu just shakes his head saying "it's not Finnish, It's not English....I really have no idea what language that man speaks out on the ice"

Old
01-29-2013, 01:12 PM
AngelDuck
Keith MF Richards

I'm interested to see how Rakell does with somebody who actually has some skill on his line (Palmieri)

Old
01-29-2013, 01:25 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
I'm interested to see how Rakell does with somebody who actually has some skill on his line (Palmieri)
Have they released the lineup?

Old
01-29-2013, 01:30 PM
Takao
kesbae

Alright Hiller go steal one here.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:34 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Have they released the lineup?
The practice lines according to Stephens:

Perry-Getzlaf-Beleskey-Etem

Ryan-Bonino-Selanne

Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano

Staubitz-Rakell-Smith-Pelly-Palmieri

Old
01-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
The practice lines according to Stephens:

Perry-Getzlaf-Beleskey-Etem

Ryan-Bonino-Selanne

Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano

Staubitz-Rakell-Smith-Pelly-Palmieri
Yah not to sure I would like to see the official lineup as well.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:21 PM
Hockey Duckie

In Beleskey's defense, he's been doing what DSP was supposed to be doing which is being physical and hitting everything in sight! The only aspect missing from Beleskey is the ability to finish. I'm thinking he might be inserted there like Kunitz, but without the scoring punch. I could be wrong. But if that's the thought, then may as well put Etem in that slot instead.

DSP has been underperforming and I don't want to see Staubitz on the ice. At least Beleskey has two fights underneath his belt (though, i feel sorry that it's him doing it than DSP who would probably bring a beat down to his opponent). So I'd like Beleskey on the fourth line with Rakell and Palms.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I'm guessing starting lineup will be:

Etem-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Bonino-Selanne
Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik
Beleskey-Rakkel-Palmieri

Beleskey and Etem will switch if Etem struggles, and Murray better be dialing Dallas to see how much they want for Morrow if they don't feel Palmieri is ready.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post

Etem-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Bonino-Selanne
Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik
Beleskey-Rakkel-Palmieri

Beleskey and Etem will switch if Etem struggles, and Murray better be dialing Dallas to see how much they want for Morrow if they don't feel Palmieri is ready.
Don't you mean Palms and Etem would swap if Etem struggles? Especially if you want to add more scoring as opposed to just being phyiscal. But I wouldn't mind dirty goals, I just don't think Beleskey has shown a nose for it yet.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post

Etem-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Bonino-Selanne
Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik
Beleskey-Rakkel-Palmieri

I don't want fricken Morrow he's old and slow. And had a horrible season last season. If your expecting pts out of Morrow your deadly wrong.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Old Man Barking

I've always loved Beleskey and feel he has shown great improvement this year. Unfortunately, I see him topping out as a 3rd liner but more likely the perfect 4th liner - which is totally fine with me and something we need.

With that said, given his work ethic, etc, putting him with the twins simply may be a reward for his hard work and following the game plan each night. Who knows. Regardless, I don't like it. Palmieri was doing well there, I felt.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Rem
For that, I'm out

If you're gonna post a picture of HP, might as well show a pavilion. we don't play at the office jet

Old
01-29-2013, 02:55 PM
JabbaJabba

That second line isn't going to work. And I hope that they don't try Etem in this one, they need experience if they are going against the top team of the league, not a prospect even if it's a promising one. I have a bad feeling about this.

Closed Thread