HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Our team right now (lineups etc).

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2013, 11:23 PM
  #826
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,245
vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
This whole what happens when they get healthy at either forward or defense is something we can worry about when it seems within a week of happening. There is nothing to say they ever will, it hasn't happened for what two + seasons.
Well, and it's not like they'd all be suddenly healthy at the same time. You'd see Lashoff get sent down first, probably, because it wouldn't require the loss of an asset. You'd see Mursak get waived next, probably.

They'd have to choose between Emmerton and Miller, I guess, for the next waiver. It would have to be one of those two, or Kindl or Muskins. But I think with all the injuries they've had they'll want to keep the extra D.

But again, this is all relatively unlikely to be an issue. Especially given the injury histories of the guys on this roster. Bert, Sammy, Helm, CC, Kindl, Cleary, Tootoo, Ericsson, Z, Pavel, Eaves, Flip, Franzen. They all have a historical tendency to get dinged up on a pretty regular basis, at least.

And as much as I hate to say it, Kronner is overdue as well...

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:01 PM
  #827
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,730
vCash: 500
Filppula doesn't practice, only play games.
How long are they going to let him only play games and not practice?

This can't be good, not in short term not long term. Do they believe it will get better? If it's sore after every game they need to shut him down.

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:11 PM
  #828
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 13,753
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Filppula doesn't practice, only play games.
How long are they going to let him only play games and not practice?

This can't be good, not in short term not long term. Do they believe it will get better? If it's sore after every game they need to shut him down.
They believe he can play through it and they don't have many options while fighting for a playoff spot. If this was an 82 game season and this was October, he'd probably be sitting and we'd be getting a look at Gus/Tatar.

__________________
blah, blah, blah
Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:56 PM
  #829
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,931
vCash: 600
I'm not really sure where to put this but assuming we finish in the 6th-12th range in the west this season we won't be making any seller type trades until the offseason. With that in mind what do you guys think our roster looks like next year?

I'm hoping for something like:

Bertuzzi-Datysuk-Filppula
Franzen-Zetterberg-Brunner
Nyquist-Helm-Sammy/Tatar
Tatar/Sammy-Adbelkader-Tootoo
Andersson/Miller/Emmerton

Kronwall-Ericsson
Smith-White
Quincey-Lashoff
Kindl-UFA

Howard
Gustavsson

Our defence is middle of the pack to bottom 3rd of the league but atleast our offence looks good.

DatsyukToZetterberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:08 PM
  #830
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,326
vCash: 500
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index...._has_no_s.html

Quote:
I'd say (he'll return) next week. (Holland on Helm)

Holland said defensemen Ian White (left leg laceration) and Carlo Colaiacovo (separated shoulder) are expected to resume skating in the next day or two. He estimated that White will miss another week and Colaiacovo will be out another two weeks.

Holland said forward Mikael Samuelsson (groin) felt great today. But, he hasn't resumed skating and there is no time frame for his return.

Backup goaltender Jonas Gustavsson (groin) practiced with the team today and might be ready to dress this weekend.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:56 PM
  #831
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,245
vCash: 500
Correct me if Iím wrong (and I often am), but if/when everyone gets back to healthy (2 weeks or so), wonít the Wings have 26 players on the roster after sending McCollum and Lashoff back?

That's going to be a big issue assuming nobody else goes down with an injury...

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:08 PM
  #832
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Correct me if Iím wrong (and I often am), but if/when everyone gets back to healthy (2 weeks or so), wonít the Wings have 26 players on the roster after sending McCollum and Lashoff back?

That's going to be a big issue assuming nobody else goes down with an injury...
Yes... but do you really think that no one goes down?

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:13 PM
  #833
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Yes... but do you really think that no one goes down?
Hey, stranger things have happened.

I'm just curious as to what Holland might do in that eventuality. I mean, he's got to be planning for that scenario just in case it happens...

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:49 PM
  #834
sully61
Unregistered User
 
sully61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,394
vCash: 500
He waives Mursak, trades Kindl, and maybe trades MacDonald also

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:57 PM
  #835
garry1221
Registered User
 
garry1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Walled Lake, Mi
Posts: 2,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Correct me if Iím wrong (and I often am), but if/when everyone gets back to healthy (2 weeks or so), wonít the Wings have 26 players on the roster after sending McCollum and Lashoff back?

That's going to be a big issue assuming nobody else goes down with an injury...
MacDonald gets sent down, traded, or waived. Two of Huskins, Emmerton, Mursak, Quincey get traded or waived.

garry1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:28 PM
  #836
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,534
vCash: 500
how are yall liking tootoo so far?

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:35 PM
  #837
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,245
vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
how are yall liking tootoo so far?
He's actually playing pretty well so far, for what he does. Gotten in some fights, had some big hits, and hasn't done anything too stupid.

There is an ongoing war going on in several threads about whether he's worth ~3% of the Wings' cap space, but from what I've seen nobody has had any complaints about his play thus far.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:36 PM
  #838
Spitfire11
Registered User
 
Spitfire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
how are yall liking tootoo so far?
Love him, obviously. Even the "boo we don't need tough guys" crowd has come around on him quickly....so it seems...

Spitfire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:39 PM
  #839
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
He's actually playing pretty well so far, for what he does. Gotten in some fights, had some big hits, and hasn't done anything too stupid.

There is an ongoing war going on in several threads about whether he's worth ~3% of the Wings' cap space, but from what I've seen nobody has had any complaints about his play thus far.
thank you.. toots is a heart and soul guy. he has been through alot.. his 2 fights against dallas were awesome.. crowd seemed to love it

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:53 PM
  #840
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
how are yall liking tootoo so far?
Did he not get any offer from Nashville? Was he fed up with Nashville? Did detroit pay more/offer longer term?

Will he get booed when wings play in nashville ya think?

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:31 PM
  #841
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Did he not get any offer from Nashville? Was he fed up with Nashville? Did detroit pay more/offer longer term?

Will he get booed when wings play in nashville ya think?
toots had a run in with playing time. trotz has a thing for putting alot of guys in doghouse. he was offered a contract maybe halfway through last season and didn't sign. he wasnt offered anything after that. we have alot of upcoming bottom 6 guys.. and yes detroit did offer more. but thats free agency.

he will be mostly cheered. at least 80% cheers, maybe 20% boos.. might be more cheers than that. im gonna cheer him. he did alot for our franchise. he will always be one of my favorites.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:13 PM
  #842
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,530
vCash: 500
Hat trick for Tatar tonight. G+2A for Nyquist.

What our team SHOULD look like:

Franzen - Zetterberg- Brunner
Filppula - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Tatar - Helm - Nyquist
Cleary - Abdelkader - Tootoo

The bottom 6 is instantly 10x better.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:19 PM
  #843
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh
 
Brick Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Grand Rapids
Posts: 1,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Hat trick for Tatar tonight. G+2A for Nyquist.

What our team SHOULD look like:

Franzen - Zetterberg- Brunner
Filppula - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Tatar - Helm - Nyquist
Cleary - Abdelkader - Tootoo

The bottom 6 is instantly 10x better.
Make it 20x better by sitting Cleary for basically anyone not listed above. Seriously, anyone. I don't care if it's McCollum, I'm fine with seeing ANY number out there except for #11 (well, I'll take #11 if it's Dandenault).

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:22 PM
  #844
Nyquist
Registered User
 
Nyquist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 3,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Hat trick for Tatar tonight. G+2A for Nyquist.

What our team SHOULD look like:

Franzen - Zetterberg- Brunner
Filppula - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Tatar - Helm - Nyquist
Cleary - Abdelkader - Tootoo

The bottom 6 is instantly 10x better.
Helm plays a completely different game than Tatar and Nyquist, don't see that line clicking.

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:44 AM
  #845
Jussha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
is our griffins lineup with Andersson back still

Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist
or has Andersson moved back into that spot,

next season, if we don't resign Cleary and buy out Samuelsson, and resign Brunner (which I think will happen if he continues to play as he has)

I'd love to see our lineup as

Filppula - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner
Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist
Abdelkader/Eaves/Ferraro - Helm - Tootoo

As much as I wanted Mursak to get a chance here, with his injuries and other young players moving up the ranks, there is just unfortunately no room for him here. Emmerton has no future here either imo, and in reality I really don't think Abdelkader will be anything useful to our team, he actually pisses me off to be honest lol, but I guess his size is useful, though I think having Ferraro there next year with Helm and Tootoo will have alot more speed and more offensive punch.

If Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist still are a line in the AHL, i think that would improve our offensive depth in the bottom 2 lines and they'd already have chemistry playing together

After the 2013-14 season, hopefully Bertuzzi calls it a career and then we upgrade from either one of the bottom lines to replace him and work Jarnkrok into the lineup

Jussha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:02 AM
  #846
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussha View Post
is our griffins lineup with Andersson back still

Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist
or has Andersson moved back into that spot,

next season, if we don't resign Cleary and buy out Samuelsson, and resign Brunner (which I think will happen if he continues to play as he has)

I'd love to see our lineup as

Filppula - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner
Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist
Abdelkader/Eaves/Ferraro - Helm - Tootoo

As much as I wanted Mursak to get a chance here, with his injuries and other young players moving up the ranks, there is just unfortunately no room for him here. Emmerton has no future here either imo, and in reality I really don't think Abdelkader will be anything useful to our team, he actually pisses me off to be honest lol, but I guess his size is useful, though I think having Ferraro there next year with Helm and Tootoo will have alot more speed and more offensive punch.

If Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist still are a line in the AHL, i think that would improve our offensive depth in the bottom 2 lines and they'd already have chemistry playing together

After the 2013-14 season, hopefully Bertuzzi calls it a career and then we upgrade from either one of the bottom lines to replace him and work Jarnkrok into the lineup
A bottom 6 of
Gator-Helm-Toots
Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist

sounds good to me. Could also bump Bert down to the 4th line on occasion and have either Tatar or Nyquist fill in from time to time in the top 6.

Vladdy84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:03 AM
  #847
ricky0034
Registered User
 
ricky0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussha View Post
is our griffins lineup with Andersson back still

Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist
or has Andersson moved back into that spot,

next season, if we don't resign Cleary and buy out Samuelsson, and resign Brunner (which I think will happen if he continues to play as he has)

I'd love to see our lineup as

Filppula - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner
Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist
Abdelkader/Eaves/Ferraro - Helm - Tootoo

As much as I wanted Mursak to get a chance here, with his injuries and other young players moving up the ranks, there is just unfortunately no room for him here. Emmerton has no future here either imo, and in reality I really don't think Abdelkader will be anything useful to our team, he actually pisses me off to be honest lol, but I guess his size is useful, though I think having Ferraro there next year with Helm and Tootoo will have alot more speed and more offensive punch.

If Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist still are a line in the AHL, i think that would improve our offensive depth in the bottom 2 lines and they'd already have chemistry playing together

After the 2013-14 season, hopefully Bertuzzi calls it a career and then we upgrade from either one of the bottom lines to replace him and work Jarnkrok into the lineup
if we're gonna give a prospect third line minutes in the NHL next year at Center i'd much rather it be Jarnkrok than Sheahan

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.