HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nino seeking trade?

Old
01-28-2013, 11:30 AM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
leafs fan, we've been discussing Kessel and I keep suggesting him to the Islanders as an option and wondering what you guys would think of him.

Assuming you are sick of rebuilding what do you think of

Niederreiter, Martin, and 1st (1st overall protected)
I never thought the Leafs would or should trade Kessel. But if they're going for a complete rebuild, they MIGHT. Although he's so young, it almost makes NO SENSE. It's not like he's 36.

I'm not sure what you mean by "first overall protected" means...does that mean if the Isles get the first overall that the Leafs wouldn't get it?

On Kessel: He'd be great on the Isles top line. Of course, it would probably mean Moulson drops to a second line because someone would have to play defensively - no?

The Isles are stockpiling so much young talent that they MUST deal 2-3 players and add some proper NHL talent if they EVER want to make the playoffs. I think they are too cheap to do so, but if they want to win, they HAVE TO.

The team doesn't have room for guys like Brock Nelson, Strome, Niederreiter, Kabanov, Ullstrom, Cizikas, MacKinnon (this year , Tavares, Okposo, Bailey, Grabner, Moulson, Okposo, Nielsen, Sundstrom, Persson, Martin, etc.

Anyway. I'm not sure what the asking price for Kessel would be but I'm certain the Isles would have to give away players that would hurt, not just Niederreiter.
The Leafs need a #1 C though and the Isles only have Tavares and he's not available.

I can see Nonis wanting Strome and Nino. Not sure why he'd deal Kessel and not address the biggest team need.

I don't see a deal because only the Leafs care about being better. Snow's content to go with the lottery-flow and wait-on-waivers or player development.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:31 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Staples said in his preseason chat, that the Isles LOVE Brock Nelson.
Yeah, he used caps to make his point.

Do you consider Nino's upside, to be really that much higher then Nelson's?
Yes, and I see Nino having a clear role in this team's future. Nelson, while I do like him, I don't see his upside being much higher than a solid 2C. That said I expect Strome to be that guy. Leaving Nelson either as a winger here or battling for the 3C, where Nielsen should be for a long time. Plus we have guys like Sundstrom and even Cizikas who would probably be better fits for that spot if the Isles ever did decide to move Nielsen.

IMO Nelson is the perfect trade bait. A very good prospect who is close to being NHL ready, plays a position that is in high demand and a position of strength for this organization. If you assume our future centers are Tavares-Strome-Nielsen-Sundstrom/Cizikas, we can essentially turn Nelson, a guy who might have trouble finding a spot on this team, into a quality defenseman that could help take this team to the next level. It's a no-brainer, IMO(assuming such a deal does come along).

As much as the Isles LOVE Nelson, I don't think it would prevent them from dealing him for a guy like Yandle if given the opportunity.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:33 AM
CDirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Staples said in his preseason chat, that the Isles LOVE Brock Nelson.
Yeah, he used caps to make his point.

Do you consider Nino's upside, to be really that much higher then Nelson's?
He's doing well in the AHL with 25 pts in 32 games. He's big at 6' 3" 205 LBS. Probably could still do well with another year in the AHL and another 10 Lbs to start the season.

Personally I like the idea of having Nino, Nelson and Okposo in the wings in the future. Those three are tough to knock off the puck with their size alone.

CDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:51 AM
pspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
I never thought the Leafs would or should trade Kessel. But if they're going for a complete rebuild, they MIGHT. Although he's so young, it almost makes NO SENSE. It's not like he's 36.

I'm not sure what you mean by "first overall protected" means...does that mean if the Isles get the first overall that the Leafs wouldn't get it?

On Kessel: He'd be great on the Isles top line. Of course, it would probably mean Moulson drops to a second line because someone would have to play defensively - no?

The Isles are stockpiling so much young talent that they MUST deal 2-3 players and add some proper NHL talent if they EVER want to make the playoffs. I think they are too cheap to do so, but if they want to win, they HAVE TO.

The team doesn't have room for guys like Brock Nelson, Strome, Niederreiter, Kabanov, Ullstrom, Cizikas, MacKinnon (this year , Tavares, Okposo, Bailey, Grabner, Moulson, Okposo, Nielsen, Sundstrom, Persson, Martin, etc.

Anyway. I'm not sure what the asking price for Kessel would be but I'm certain the Isles would have to give away players that would hurt, not just Niederreiter.
The Leafs need a #1 C though and the Isles only have Tavares and he's not available.

I can see Nonis wanting Strome and Nino. Not sure why he'd deal Kessel and not address the biggest team need.

I don't see a deal because only the Leafs care about being better. Snow's content to go with the lottery-flow and wait-on-waivers or player development.
exactly if the pick ends up being 1st overall the Islanders keep it and the Leafs get the Islanders next year pick. I'm thinking the Islanders would be okay with anyone but Jones in a deal for Kessel

As for the Leafs , Kessel is a solid player but with so many holes and a general lack of high end prospects (really only Reilly) leafs realistically still need 2 or 3 years of adding young talent. If you can move Kessel you could accelerate that process.

i.e. with the pruposed deal you'd hope for MacKinnon or Barkov (franchise C) + Drouin,with their own pick and isls + Nieds .

That's why i think it could work without Strome who i know the Islanders are really high on and is NHL ready.

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Brunomics

I'm getting very sick of Boyes very quickly. Really looks like a guy just going through the motions for the most part. At this point in such a short season I'm ready to just say hey kid have a taste and stick him on the Nielsen/Grabner line and see what he does. He has to have more of an impact that Boyes currently is having.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:00 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
I'm getting very sick of Boyes very quickly. Really looks like a guy just going through the motions for the most part. At this point in such a short season I'm ready to just say hey kid have a taste and stick him on the Nielsen/Grabner line and see what he does. He has to have more of an impact that Boyes currently is having.
I actually would expect Nino to have an Ullstrom-like effect on this team. Maybe he wouldn't have the points that Ullstrom does, but I would expect him to be just as noticeable and just as much of an asset on the forcheck(which would help cut down on goals against since we would actually have the puck in the opposing zone longer).

I don't see them doing anything with Boyes though. Nor should they... yet, at least. Guy should get a little bit of time to adjust.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Veteran journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I actually would expect Nino to have an Ullstrom-like effect on this team. Maybe he wouldn't have the points that Ullstrom does, but I would expect him to be just as noticeable and just as much of an asset on the forcheck(which would help cut down on goals against since we would actually have the puck in the opposing zone longer).

I don't see them doing anything with Boyes though. Nor should they... yet, at least. Guy should get a little bit of time to adjust.

Cappy sounds like he's going to be quicker with the trigger this year. Even when Boyes had the good game in Toronto, Cappy said afterward he already had a talk with him about keeping his legs moving. Then he mentioned yesterday about some guys being too soft along the boards. If they drop the game tomorrow, I bet he'll make some changes in the top six. Maybe Nino gets a call-up sooner than he thinks.

Veteran journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:57 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
it's the way he plays. He looks really lazy without the puck. He kinda stands there, anticipates the play very well but rarely (NEVER) will outskate, outhit or beat anyone to a loose puck.

Problem with Boyes is that if he's not used in an offensive role, he's not effective. And even in an offensive role, he's not strong without the puck. He's a one dimensional player who needs to score to be effective.

With that said, he'd complement JT better than KO, though neither is ideal. Is Marty St. Louis available?

Old
01-28-2013, 01:25 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

vCash: 450
Quote:
Yes, and I see Nino having a clear role in this team's future. Nelson, while I do like him, I don't see his upside being much higher than a solid 2C. That said I expect Strome to be that guy. Leaving Nelson either as a winger here or battling for the 3C, where Nielsen should be for a long time. Plus we have guys like Sundstrom and even Cizikas who would probably be better fits for that spot if the Isles ever did decide to move Nielsen.

IMO Nelson is the perfect trade bait. A very good prospect who is close to being NHL ready, plays a position that is in high demand and a position of strength for this organization. If you assume our future centers are Tavares-Strome-Nielsen-Sundstrom/Cizikas, we can essentially turn Nelson, a guy who might have trouble finding a spot on this team, into a quality defenseman that could help take this team to the next level. It's a no-brainer, IMO(assuming such a deal does come along).

As much as the Isles LOVE Nelson, I don't think it would prevent them from dealing him for a guy like Yandle if given the opportunity.

I have watched Nelson play a few games at the Bridge and in the scrimmage/game against the Islanders. I don't know, I see (and I am going to show my age here) alot of the old Minnesota North Star/Montreal Canadian Bobby Smith in Nelson. I really think the kid is going to be a tremendous hockey player.
Also I have a sneaky feeling Snow is going to call Nino up soon after he has participated in the AHL all-star game.

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:29 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMputt View Post
I have watched Nelson play a few games at the Bridge and in the scrimmage/game against the Islanders. I don't know, I see (and I am going to show my age here) alot of the old Minnesota North Star/Montreal Canadian Bobby Smith in Nelson. I really think the kid is going to be a tremendous hockey player.
Also I have a sneaky feeling Snow is going to call Nino up soon after he has participated in the AHL all-star game.
well that would be interesting indeed. Nelson's nowhere close to the level of Bobby Smith. Nowhere close. But I can see similarities in size, passing/offensive ability. Smith's offense was far above Nelson's highest projected upside, without a doubt. But Nelson seems to bring a drive-the-net ability and working the boards, cycling that Smith would never do.

I would take a Van Riemsdyk, C. Stewart, B. Ryan type player - if we get really lucky. Nelson's got very underrated passing ability and puck skills. His shot has improved greatly, as has his work ethic, as he's filled out physically. He was a really good late 1st round pick!

Old
01-28-2013, 02:47 PM
BillD

Quote:
well that would be interesting indeed. Nelson's nowhere close to the level of Bobby Smith. Nowhere close. But I can see similarities in size, passing/offensive ability. Smith's offense was far above Nelson's highest projected upside, without a doubt. But Nelson seems to bring a drive-the-net ability and working the boards, cycling that Smith would never do.

I would take a Van Riemsdyk, C. Stewart, B. Ryan type player - if we get really lucky. Nelson's got very underrated passing ability and puck skills. His shot has improved greatly, as has his work ethic, as he's filled out physically. He was a really good late 1st round pick!
I watched Bobby Smith during his prime and he was an earler version of Joe Thornton. Not that great a skater he could still get where he needed to go and had very good hands, vision, and control of the puck by using his reach. Nelson is similar only in size and reach.
I have watched many of Nelson's games as I could on TV when he was at ND. TV is not a great way to appreciate what a player can do but it was the best I had. What I think is that Brock is far from completely what he will be. Calling it development would be inaccurate. I would call it evolving because Brock came from a very small high school and really did not have the early coaching that kids from better progams had, so he lagged until he got to ND. He has also grown physically and is closer to 6'5 than 6'2 when drafted. His development is now just beginning (as he still evolves physically). Brock has wonderful bloodlines, and idf there something like this, he is a "natural".
It is hard to tell how good he can be, but he will be good, very, very good, The package of speed, hands, instinct, vision, smarts are just starting to fit together with his physical maturing body. This could be a very special player at either wing or center.

BillD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Veteran journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD View Post
I watched Bobby Smith during his prime and he was an earler version of Joe Thornton. Not that great a skater he could still get where he needed to go and had very good hands, vision, and control of the puck by using his reach. Nelson is similar only in size and reach.
I have watched many of Nelson's games as I could on TV when he was at ND. TV is not a great way to appreciate what a player can do but it was the best I had. What I think is that Brock is far from completely what he will be. Calling it development would be inaccurate. I would call it evolving because Brock came from a very small high school and really did not have the early coaching that kids from better progams had, so he lagged until he got to ND. He has also grown physically and is closer to 6'5 than 6'2 when drafted. His development is now just beginning (as he still evolves physically). Brock has wonderful bloodlines, and idf there something like this, he is a "natural".
It is hard to tell how good he can be, but he will be good, very, very good, The package of speed, hands, instinct, vision, smarts are just starting to fit together with his physical maturing body. This could be a very special player at either wing or center.
I've seen Nelson in Bridgeport this season. I think he's best when he keeps his game simple. Sometimes he tries to thread passes that aren't there, or stickhandle a bit too much. But when he just takes a direct path to the net and looks to shoot, he's impressive. When he's out there with Nino and both of them are set on getting to the net, it's a lot to handle for most teams.

Veteran journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:10 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran journeyman View Post
I've seen Nelson in Bridgeport this season. I think he's best when he keeps his game simple. Sometimes he tries to thread passes that aren't there, or stickhandle a bit too much. But when he just takes a direct path to the net and looks to shoot, he's impressive. When he's out there with Nino and both of them are set on getting to the net, it's a lot to handle for most teams.
Big bodies with skill... hard to stop lines like that.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:32 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran journeyman View Post
this is a great example of development (or evolution) of a player, when a player belongs in the minors.

We don't want a guy to "limit" himself to keeping thins simple, especially when the player is capable of so much more. When we talk about letting a player develop in junior or the minors or Europe, it's in trying to get the most of the player LONG TERM.

I was upset that Matt Martin was brought up too early, that he was never given a chance to develop an offensive game in the AHL, because he was well on his way. In the role he's playing now, he'll likely never develop that part of his game further. He'll be a 10min/night player, have the occasional fight, lotsa hits, not much else. Maybe he could have been another LUCIC? I just don't think he was given the chance.

On Bailey, same thing. At a time (between 18-21) when he could have grown to be a man, worked on his weaknesses (strength, skating) while honing his offensive skills against players of the same age, he was getting ripped apart with Jon Sim, Andy Hilbert, Trent Hunter, Richard Park, and others. He has NEVER been in a position to succeed or develop at the NHL level. Yet, the 17pts in 11 AHL games showed he has some skill.

This is why Niederreiter needs to be in the AHL, that was obvious last year.

This is why Nelson should stay there. He wasn't an all-star this year but he's got A TONNE of upside still, I wouldn't want to see him too soon in the NHL. Especially not in a role that limits his upside.

I would have made an exception with Strome but he wasn't going to be an impact player in the NHL this year, so he's better where he is. Would have been nice to get in 2-3 games though. Ditto for Reinhart, who'd be far better than Finley or Carkner combined. No doubt.

aaaaand now we're way off-thread.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:41 PM
steveat

I don't think we will trade a prospect until we can see him play at the NHL level. Who knows....Strome may not pan out. We have high hopes for young guys, but many of them don't show their skills at this level. You got guys like Schremp that lit up the OHL and wasn't so hot at the NHL level. Brock may very well play better than Strome..we have to see.

Remember Steve Thomas (man, could we use a guy like him winging JT). He was never drafted..never even was on the radar till he finished college hockey...If memory serves me correct..he was a "walk on"..knew a guy who knew a guy..got a tryout with the Leafs (I think) and bam...great career.

I think a lot of our prospects are worth more as an nhl player than a prospect...but then again..stats do prove people wrong..more often than not...a rookie will never make it to the next level.

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:57 PM
OpAck

Nino opened up a bit at the All-Star Game...

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...make-the-team/

Quote:
“It was really frustrating,” Niederreiter said. “I had a really tough season last year. I wasn’t playing much, I played low minutes and obviously it wasn’t the game I wanted to play. I still learned a lot, I was really happy to have that chance to play a full season in the NHL already.

“This summer I was working hard and I was trying to prepare myself for the next chance and it was frustrating I didn’t get the chance but that’s out of my control.”

Last season, Niederreiter played in 55 games with the Isles and scored just one goal and no assists while putting up an incredible -29 plus-minus while averaging just over 10 minutes of ice time per game. Comparing that with what he’s done in the AHL so far would seem to indicate major improvement and a leading reason why the Isles don’t want to deal him.
I get it...Nino thinks he proved himself and deserved to try to earn a spot this season in the 5 day training camp. Perhaps he should've...on the other hand...a full season in the AHL is the right approach regardless, so as long as the Isles made it clear that they want him to spend the year in Bridgeport...then I don't see what the big deal is.

The Isles, mind you, treated Bailey very similarly. We all know they botched his development by rushing him in...then repeatedly refused to send him to Bridgeport. After going pointless thru 13 games in 2010...Isles did the smart thing and sent him to Bridgeport, where he played exceptionally well. I think he cleared his head and put up 17 points thru 11 games. So...he's cured...let's bring him back up! How'd he do after his call-up for the rest of that season? 51 games, 8 goals, 14 assists, 22 points, -4

Nino is going down the same path. And he deserves to "lead" Bridgeport and get his confidence back. Get Bridgeport into the playoffs...put together a good run. Slow and steady.

Isles would be ridiculed if they brought Nino back again and suffered more setbacks...all we'd hear is, "Shoulda kept him in Bridgeport the whole season! What a shoddy organization!"

Rush the player...Isles get burned. Give him a season to get adjusted in the minors...Isles get burned.

Quote:
“I’m trying to focus on what I can control and what I can control is on the ice. The rest I leave for my agent. Whatever he think is best for me he should just do that.”
Didn't Bergenheim say the exact same thing before he and his agent stood firm and decided not to report to camp and sign...ignoring Wang's "if you're not in camp signed, we'll talk contract again next season"? And didn't Bergenheim end up firing his agents?

I dunno...especially that last part..."Whatever he thinks is best for me, he should just do that." That's very, very dumb.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:05 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
Nino opened up a bit at the All-Star Game...

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...make-the-team/

I get it...Nino thinks he proved himself and deserved to try to earn a spot this season in the 5 day training camp. Perhaps he should've...on the other hand...a full season in the AHL is the right approach regardless, so as long as the Isles made it clear that they want him to spend the year in Bridgeport...then I don't see what the big deal is.

Nino is going down the same path. And he deserves to "lead" Bridgeport and get his confidence back. Get Bridgeport into the playoffs...put together a good run. Slow and steady.

Isles would be ridiculed if they brought Nino back again and suffered more setbacks...all we'd hear is, "Shoulda kept him in Bridgeport the whole season! What a shoddy organization!"

Rush the player...Isles get burned. Give him a season to get adjusted in the minors...Isles get burned.

I dunno...especially that last part..."Whatever he thinks is best for me, he should just do that." That's very, very dumb.
20 yr old Nino's comments really show how immature he is. Trying to toss all decision making and criticism onto his agent.

Nino shut up and play. You'll get your 2nd chance at the NHL, either when injuries hit the isles this season or in the 2013-2014 training camp.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:11 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
Didn't Bergenheim say the exact same thing before he and his agent stood firm and decided not to report to camp and sign...ignoring Wang's "if you're not in camp signed, we'll talk contract again next season"? And didn't Bergenheim end up firing his agents?

I understand what you are saying completely. However, why do you think Nino and almost every other player has an agent? The agent is supposed to be an advocate for his clients (NHL Players). Nino pays his agent handsomely (15% or so of his earnings before the taxman cometh). That's a lot of dough. When you hire an agent as a player you trust him with your career. You are told you are paying him a lot of money so he can make all the hard financial decisions and you go out and just play hockey as best you can so he can maximize it monetarily and in the end you'll be rewarded.

Nino is a 20 year old hockey player, he is going to trust his 'advocates'. I'm not saying its the case in this instance (I'm also not saying it's not) BUT a lot of times players should overrule their agent in certain circumstances, and all it takes is pulling yourself away from the situation emotionally and use common sense. SOMETIMES agents provide their clients with the exact opposite of what they are paid to provide for their clients, albeit not intentional. (Just the same with Doctors, lawyers, accountants etc in real life)

InformTheMasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:27 PM
BillD

I think the Isles and Nino are done with each other, there is no going back.
Nino was quite explicit and while he pawned it off on his agent, he basically endorsed a trade as what he wants, plus didn't walk away from the comments about only staying if Garth and Cappy are fired.

I am considering him gone, no longer a part of our future. Doubt he gets a call up and he may just rot at home if he cops a bad attitude that effects his teammates in Bport (future Islanders).

BillD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:40 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Nino was quite explicit and while he pawned it off on his agent, he basically endorsed a trade as what he wants, plus didn't walk away from the comments about only staying if Garth and Cappy are fired.

I am considering him gone, no longer a part of our future. Doubt he gets a call up and he may just rot at home if he cops a bad attitude that effects his teammates in Bport (future Islanders).
I couldn't disagree with you more.

Wang and Snow have to be among the most stubborn owners/gms, in the nhl.

If they worried about bad pr or awkwardness in the lockerroom ,we would not have had the Nabakov tolling situation, we would not have them forcing an unhappy Vis' hand, we would not have them minimizing LaFontaine's past with the organization. we would not have seen them suspend Bailey/JJ and we would not have had them blacklist Botta , while the press and fans screamed about it.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:56 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:

Nino will be an Islander. You and I both know it.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:16 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Nino will be an Islander. You and I both know it.
I'd like to think that as well, but I will admit I don't like the way Nino's treating this situation and I really dislike the agent's approach. Bringing this public only pisses off Snow and puts him in a position of weakness (if he really wanted to deal Nino) - it's a lose lose. Dumb move.

His agent should know better, given Nino's age and how he played last year, the non-pre-season, the zero training camp.

This may well end up in a trade. It wouldn't surprise me. But I hope that Nino (and his agent) come to their senses. They had their chance to back-peddle a bit but they did NOT....which, in my opinion, is ANOTHER mistake. Again, hurting their chances of a) being called up b) traded and c) winning the PR battle.
Dumb Dumb Dumb.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:30 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
I'd like to think that as well, but I will admit I don't like the way Nino's treating this situation and I really dislike the agent's approach. Bringing this public only pisses off Snow and puts him in a position of weakness (if he really wanted to deal Nino) - it's a lose lose. Dumb move.

His agent should know better, given Nino's age and how he played last year, the non-pre-season, the zero training camp.

This may well end up in a trade. It wouldn't surprise me. But I hope that Nino (and his agent) come to their senses. They had their chance to back-peddle a bit but they did NOT....which, in my opinion, is ANOTHER mistake. Again, hurting their chances of a) being called up b) traded and c) winning the PR battle.
Dumb Dumb Dumb.
I do think it has died down since this all came out. The only reason we are still talking about it is because Nino was asked about it at the All-Star game, apparently. He obviously gave the green light for his agent to use the "trade-me" tactic. At this point, I don't know what he could say to make it better:

"I never said that, it was all my agent. Misunderstanding." - What a baby! Kid can't take any responsibility.

"Yes, I said it. I want to be traded." - Wow. What a dick. If he doesn't want to be here just trade his ass!

"I try to control what I can on the ice. Everything else is up to my agent." - See! He's not denying it! Trade him!

Whatever he says at this point, he'll get killed by everyone here. He was asked about it, he tried to give a PC answer. I'm sure he wants it to die down, and once people stop asking him about it or once he gets called up, I would bet it does die down. It was a poor decision by a 20 year old, who was probably convinced about just how good of a decision it would be by a guy he trusts.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:44 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
I do think it has died down since this all came out. The only reason we are still talking about it is because Nino was asked about it at the All-Star game, apparently. He obviously gave the green light for his agent to use the "trade-me" tactic. At this point, I don't know what he could say to make it better:

"I never said that, it was all my agent. Misunderstanding." - What a baby! Kid can't take any responsibility.

"Yes, I said it. I want to be traded." - Wow. What a dick. If he doesn't want to be here just trade his ass!

"I try to control what I can on the ice. Everything else is up to my agent." - See! He's not denying it! Trade him!

Whatever he says at this point, he'll get killed by everyone here. He was asked about it, he tried to give a PC answer. I'm sure he wants it to die down, and once people stop asking him about it or once he gets called up, I would bet it does die down. It was a poor decision by a 20 year old, who was probably convinced about just how good of a decision it would be by a guy he trusts.
The problem is the agent, if he has an brains and/or experience should know this. What could he (the agent) hope to gain by going public with it? It just makes Nino looks bad. If it was Nino's Idea should he have tried to talk him out of it knowing the PR battle that would ensue?

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:53 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

Dumb Dumb Dumb.

The bolded part of your comments, is what causes me to scratch my head.

Unless a player has some way to legally twist Snow/Wang's arm, when has Snow/Wang shown that the isles can be embarrassed or swayed into giving up their rights?

Really, just the opposite.
While fans and media look at NYI situations and say the isles should be embarrassed, Wang/Snow take a lowkey approach, as if there's nothing out of the ordinary.