HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Game #6 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs New York Islanders | CEC | 1.29.13 | 7:30 PM

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Flat Stanley

vCash: 500
Oh yeah, another funny comment on the Isles GDT. Apparently we're Bettman's team and the league favors us. Conspiracy theorists

Old
01-29-2013, 01:11 PM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Oh yeah, another funny comment on the Isles GDT. Apparently we're Bettman's team and the league favors us. Conspiracy theorists
It's just insecurity LOL

You guys will kill us. Quit playin. We are trying to find ways to remain calm before the storm. Just take it easy on us, will ya? Trying not to get embarassed on national TV.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:17 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesBeBack View Post
It's just insecurity LOL

You guys will kill us. Quit playin. We are trying to find ways to remain calm before the storm. Just take it easy on us, will ya? Trying not to get embarassed on national TV.
If you saw the officiating against the Leafs, nobody would every cry Pens conspiracy again.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:22 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
If you saw the officiating against the Leafs, nobody would every cry Pens conspiracy again.
Refs did the same to the Isles when they played toronto, They even gave Phenuf a free cheap shot on Tavares.

Hamonic says he is playing tonight. Coach's say it will be a game time decision. Finley and Boulton are out with Hickey and Cizikas in. If Hamonic doesnt play Martinek will take his spot.

MacDonald - Hamonic/Martinek
Strait - Streit
Hickey - Carkner

Old
01-29-2013, 01:23 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
Refs did the same to the Isles when they played toronto, They even gave Phenuf a free cheap shot on Tavares.

Hamonic says he is playing tonight. Coach's say it will be a game time decision. Finley and Boulton are out with Hickey and Cizikas in. If Hamonic doesnt play Martinek will take his spot.

MacDonald - Hamonic/Martinek
Strait - Streit
Hickey - Carkner
you guys are gonna kill us. Isles 15, Pens 3 (Tangradi hat trick, with assists from Lovejoy and Vitale on all 3)

Old
01-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Did the Pens feed show it? I can't recall the Sportsnet (Ottawa) feed showing it that I watched. That's why I was kind of surprised when I came on here and people were talking about Niskanen getting hurt.
yeah Steiggy and Bob talked about it later when Nisky didn't return.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:26 PM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 193
Doubt this'll be a blowout as some are predicting. I'll say Pens by one, two with the ENG.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:26 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidsBackhand View Post
No, I mean for tonight. The report is they're going to use that 3 man rotation on the back end.
No it says that's what they did at practice.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
I've always had the Islanders fan as an alright bunch so I'm a bit surprised they're saying that.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Certified Assassin
Souped up Wildcat

I'm just hoping for no Geno-ways, oh, and a Pens win.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:53 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
I've always had the Islanders fan as an alright bunch so I'm a bit surprised they're saying that.
I think as with most fan bases it's a mixed bag. I'll really start to feel empathy for them for what they went through with the new arena saga (what Pens fan can't relate to that?), getting snubbed by players, etc. and then someone will drop a statement like "I hope we have a replay of that brawl game & steamroll Crosby this time" and any goodwill I have vanishes. Sports.

I do find them the most tolerable of all the other Atlantic division fans, though. NJ would be a close second.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy

LETS DO THIS

Let's have a solid game, kick some ass and get **** started.

Hat...trick...?

Old
01-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
I think as with most fan bases it's a mixed bag. I'll really start to feel empathy for them for what they went through with the new arena saga (what Pens fan can't relate to that?), getting snubbed by players, etc. and then someone will drop a statement like "I hope we have a replay of that brawl game & steamroll Crosby this time" and any goodwill I have vanishes. Sports.

I do find them the most tolerable of all the other Atlantic division fans, though. NJ would be a close second.
Pretty spot on. Every time I think I like the Islanders they have a fan that goes off the deep end, but most fan bases are like that...ourselves included. Though we do tend to keep the bloodlust wishes solely squared on the Flyers.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
01-29-2013, 02:03 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
They want some of our D prospects. They ain't getting any for Ales Hemsky who is made out of glass
part of the Pens' problem over the last two seasons or so was the fact that they had very little depth after injuries. so, the Oilers want to trade the Pens a forward who will get a broken hand after punching his alarm clock off in the morning.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:13 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Sadly, this game is blacked out despite the fact it's not being broadcast until tomorrow.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:13 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanalz View Post
Doubt this'll be a blowout as some are predicting. I'll say Pens by one, two with the ENG.
It's like last week's game against the Leafs that all of us were so sure in pounding them.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

I hate to see Nisky out for a couple weeks but I'm hoping Despres and Bortuzzo will look like they belong out there. I have confidence in them. I'd also like to see Paul Martin continue his solid play.
Just a guess but the Pens lay the smackdown on the Isles and win big.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:22 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
I will be interested to see if that boarding stuff sticks. They pretty much decided (in the 11th hour right before the season I believe) to completely change the rules on how you can take the body.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:27 PM
Shockmaster

To those going to the game - could you actually make some noise this time? The home opener was pathetically quiet. Granted, I think the Penguins need to do more to find ways to get the crowd more involved, but you're all still capable of making noise.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:29 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
I will be interested to see if that boarding stuff sticks. They pretty much decided (in the 11th hour right before the season I believe) to completely change the rules on how you can take the body.
It wasn't just the boarding stuff - bad as that was - but how they allowed that first goal to count.

Engelland gets shoved into Fleury, Fleury's literally no longer in the net, and the puck slips in.

Weren't 7 goals disallowed for the Pens last year because Kunitz broke broke wind near the crease?

Old
01-29-2013, 02:35 PM
Malkinstheman

Anyone have the confirmed line-up for today? i reallyh want to see what depres can do in the top 4 and if jeffrey can stick on malkins line

Old
01-29-2013, 02:36 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
It wasn't just the boarding stuff - bad as that was - but how they allowed that first goal to count.

Engelland gets shoved into Fleury, Fleury's literally no longer in the net, and the puck slips in.

Weren't 7 goals disallowed for the Pens last year because Kunitz broke broke wind near the crease?
Yeah that's true. I didn't hear about the Kulemin thing until later after attending the game cuz, well Consol shows zero replays anymore. Seriously, other than Penguin goals and the odd penalty (I'm talking like 1 out of 5) that's it. I

know it's taboo to say but I really dislike the arena in general. Gotta post my Consol thread soon, it's been brewing for too long.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Will be interesting as some have noted if the boarding calls are consistent. Probably won't be.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:39 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
Yeah that's true. I didn't hear about the Kulemin thing until later after attending the game cuz, well Consol shows zero replays anymore. Seriously, other than Penguin goals and the odd penalty (I'm talking like 1 out of 5) that's it. I

know it's taboo to say but I really dislike the arena in general. Gotta post my Consol thread soon, it's been brewing for too long.
Living where I live, I've obviously never been there, but it just strikes me as another generic, luxury arena where only suits can afford entry and don't make any noise.

Most impressed I've been with crowd noise at CEC was game 5 against Philly where it looked like that Pens may be able to make a comeback. The sound on TV was deafening.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Shockmaster

Quote:
Living where I live, I've obviously never been there, but it just strikes me as another generic, luxury arena where only suits can afford entry and don't make any noise.

Most impressed I've been with crowd noise at CEC was game 5 against Philly where it looked like that Pens may be able to make a comeback. The sound on TV was deafening.
I think the Penguins need to use the jumbotron more to get the crowd amped up. Stop showing lame stuff like the "kissy cam" or some kid with a sign that says "FIRST PENGUIN'S GAME!!!!!" Show videos of goals being scored, hard hits, and fights with appropriate music in the background.

Closed Thread