Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
5M is pretty much market rate for a good 2C. It would depend on how long he was willing to sign for into his UFA years.
I think the issue in COL is they don't want to pay him more than they gave Duchene ($3.5M per on a short deal). Sounds a little bit like the Subban stalemate (since resolved in the team's favor). Do you think the Ducks would be willing to risk a long term deal at $5M per?

Old
01-28-2013, 11:33 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

I`d love O`Reilly

but

i seriously doubt Murray would do this. And now, with situation with Corey and Getzy, i`m not sure we should sign other teams RFA first.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:36 PM
Exit Dose

I think we can get someone just as good as O'Reilly if we hold onto our first. I don't want to give up a first while Getzlaf and Perry are contract holdouts.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:39 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
I`d love O`Reilly

but

i seriously doubt Murray would do this. And now, with situation with Corey and Getzy, i`m not sure we should sign other teams RFA first.
I do agree Bob needs to resolve P&G first. But if he gets that done shortly or if he signs Getz and Perry wants to go ufa, then the possibility of working a trade for ROR (should he still be available) might be a good thing. Assuming we know we can sign him.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:40 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I think we can get someone just as good as O'Reilly if we hold onto our first. I don't want to give up a first while Getzlaf and Perry are contract holdouts.
Maybe a few years down the road, but not immediately. If management really wants to show Getzlaf and Perry that they're willing to spend to be competitive, than an O'Reilly esque deal would be a good start seeing as we have a glaring weakness at 2C.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:47 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
Maybe a few years down the road, but not immediately. If management really wants to show Getzlaf and Perry that they're willing to spend to be competitive, than an O'Reilly esque deal would be a good start seeing as we have a glaring weakness at 2C.
That shouldn't have any bearing in the scenario that was laid out. I also disagree, the time to do that was a season ago. I don't think a trade on deadline day is going to make them see the light. That sounds like the silly crap that Devils and Preds fans were telling themselves last year.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:00 AM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
That shouldn't have any bearing in the scenario that was laid out. I also disagree, the time to do that was a season ago. I don't think a trade on deadline day is going to make them see the light. That sounds like the silly crap that Devils and Preds fans were telling themselves last year.
I understand your reasoning trading for a player like Weiss come deadline time, but if getting an approximately 4 year solution to the 2nd line center problem is silly crap, then we will just have to agree to disagree that that type of commitment wont show anything to the twins. This of course assumes that ROR (just an example) is signed for around that amount of time, and that Murray isn't lowballing the twins.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:06 AM
Exit Dose

If they aren't committed by then, then they won't be committed at all. You don't go for O'Reilly to make a show. You go for O'Reilly if you think guys like Holland won't be ready to go in the next year and a half.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:08 AM
OCSportsfan

If he is available, I would pull the trigger. I like Bonino on the second line, but this is a pretty substantial upgrade and allows bonino/Rakell to take over third line duties next year.

I think we would lose Sbisa or Palmieri plus probably Holland, but we could recover. The tougher one would be Sbisa in the short term, but I think Lindholm will be that type of player in a couple years.

How about a Palmieri and Holland for ROR and a pick.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:11 AM
Exit Dose

He isn't locked up, nor has he proven to be a consistent producer. I wouldn't offer that for O'Reilly. Duchene, maybe, but not ROR.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:29 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCSportsfan View Post
If he is available, I would pull the trigger. I like Bonino on the second line, but this is a pretty substantial upgrade and allows bonino/Rakell to take over third line duties next year.

I think we would lose Sbisa or Palmieri plus probably Holland, but we could recover. The tougher one would be Sbisa in the short term, but I think Lindholm will be that type of player in a couple years.

How about a Palmieri and Holland for ROR and a pick.
Sbisa is replaceable we have Vatanen and Lindholm NHL ready. Iosing him wouldn't be an issue. Acquiring ROR for Palms and Holland would be an issue. I don't think Etem is ready for a full 82 game season with the ducks even though how much I love him and all. Are you willing to ship out our first over palms or holland? Where's your head at?

Old
01-29-2013, 12:51 AM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Sbisa is replaceable we have Vatanen and Lindholm NHL ready. Iosing him wouldn't be an issue. Acquiring ROR for Palms and Holland would be an issue. I don't think Etem is ready for a full 82 game season with the ducks even though how much I love him and all. Are you willing to ship out our first over palms or holland? Where's your head at?
there has been nothing to show that either are NHL ready let alone BOTH.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:43 AM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Sbisa is replaceable we have Vatanen and Lindholm NHL ready.
No they are not. Haven't even been impressive in the AHL. And my predection on Lindholm is possible bust. 2 concussions since the draft...oh boy I don't like where this is heading.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:34 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

I think making a move for Kessel would be a great move. Etem+1st would be enough for Kessel with 1 year left on his contract. I know I will get burnt for this but he would be a great replacement for Teemu when it comes to a scorer at ES and PP. Even after resigning Perry and Getzlaf we will easily have enough cap to resign Kessel after this contract.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Kyle Palmieri ($1.000m) / Ryan Getzlaf ($7.000m) / Corey Perry ($8.000m)
Bobby Ryan ($5.100m) / Peter Holland ($1.295m) / Phil Kessel ($5.400m)
Daniel Winnik ($1.800m) / Saku Koivu ($2.000m) / Andrew Cogliano ($2.390m)
Brad Staubitz ($0.638m) / Nick Bonino ($0.700m) / Devante S.-Pelly ($0.870m)
DEFENSEMEN
Cam Fowler ($4.000m) / Francois Beauchemin ($3.500m)
Bryan Allen ($3.500m) / Sami Vatanen ($1.325m)
Sheldon Souray ($3.667m) / Luca Sbisa ($2.175m)
GOALTENDERS
Jonas Hiller ($4.500m)
Viktor Fasth ($1.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,889,167; BONUSES: $970,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $6,380,833

That top 4 rivals any top 4 in the NHL. Just spitballing.

Old
01-29-2013, 06:19 AM
Exit Dose

They aren't going to give him up for that. They also aren't looking for wingers. They have plenty of talented ones on their team or in their system. I have to think they'd want something like depth player, Gibson, Holland, and a 1st.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:17 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
No way they would get Kessel for Etem and 1st. Not even close.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:48 AM
Getz2perry

Id much rather have ROR than kessel...

either way i doubt we trade our local boy etem... it will be good to have a local kid make the nhl roster and play a big role(if/when). I think hes too important to socal hockey.

I think putting Ror with ryan is a better move then kessel.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:39 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

ROR won't work unless Teemu retires at the end of the season.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:39 AM
Exit Dose

The source of that story is Garrioch. He's like a notch above Eklund. O'Reilly probably isn't available.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
The source of that story is Garrioch. He's like a notch above Eklund. O'Reilly probably isn't available.
Eh it wouldn't hurt to poke around and see if they would budge off that.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:59 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

I think O'Rielly would be a great fit with Ryan. He can do the dirty work while Ryan floats on the perimeter and scores.

But there's no way a budget team could afford all 4 (twins + Ryan + ROR).

Old
01-29-2013, 09:01 AM
Exit Dose

He's one of their most cherished players. If it hadn't been for Landeskog's arrival he would have been their captain. There are many that feel that he still should be. If he's available, someone with some rep will mention it.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I think O'Rielly would be a great fit with Ryan. He can do the dirty work while Ryan floats on the perimeter and scores.

But there's no way a budget team could afford all 4 (twins + Ryan + ROR).

Samueli's have shown in the past though that they will spend for a cup contender. If they thought ROR was the missing piece I think they would be fine with a cap team vs a budget team. I dont think ROR is a 1 piece that makes us a contender, but if they wanted to spend they would.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
The price of the 2007 team is roughly what he is paying now.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:20 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
PHILLY.COM: Sam Carchidi noted the toll the rising number of injuries has had on the Flyers roster. Carchidi claims the loss of Andrej Meszaros for a month to a shoulder injury hasn’t prompted Flyers management to send an offer sheet to unsigned Montreal Canadiens blueliner P.K. Subban, but that could change if another key defenseman gets hurt. He also wondered if the Flyers scoring woes so far this season might prompt management to make a bold move, perhaps by targeting Anaheim Ducks forward Bobby Ryan.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: The Flyers were rumored to have contacted the Canadiens making inquiries about Subban’s trade status, but Carchidi reported late last week there was no truth to that speculation. The Habs, meanwhile, insist they’re not shopping Subban, so if the Flyers want him, an offer sheet may be their best route, but given their limited cap space even with Chris Pronger on LTIR, that doesn’t seem a likely one. Trading for a scoring forward seems possible, but the asking price for Ryan was reportedly Sean Couturier and Brayden Schenn.
Make it stop.

Closed Thread