HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 04:00 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
How about Schwartz, Edmundson, and a 3rd for O'Reilly?
I kinda wanna keep Edmundson as I think he's the likeliest guy in the organization to develop into a legit partner for Petro. Not saying he will, just saying his chances are superior to every other LHD prospect, and a 6'5" rugged defender with a 98mph slapshot who plays left can really get Petro's back in physical games.

Also, Colorado could use defense, and they want NHL-ready guys. Maybe Schwartz + Cole would be a realistic deal. Couldn't be too far off in value either direction. If you pull that trade, say, tomorrow:

Steen-Backes-Oshie
McDonald-O'Reilly-Tarasenko
Perron-Berglund-Stewart
Sobotka-Nichol-Reaves
Langebrunner, D'Agostini

Redden-Pietrangelo
Jackman-Shattenkirk
Russell-Polak
Woyrika

Red = UFA; Orange = RFA

Old
01-28-2013, 04:09 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Also, here's a capgeek filtered list of impending UFA defensemen. Obviously plenty of older guys. Smid would be an awesome get but can't imagine Edmonton doesn't make it a priority to sign him.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:36 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Stastny's production has faded. I'm not convinced that the Blues would get him at an appropriate cost regarding what he adds to the team. I also expect that other teams will outbid for him pretty easily. I just don't see him coming here unless he things being home and challenging for a Cup are worth a couple million a year (the difference in what his max market value vs what the Blues could pay, I'm guessing).

Old
01-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Alklha

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Stastny's production has faded. I'm not convinced that the Blues would get him at an appropriate cost regarding what he adds to the team. I also expect that other teams will outbid for him pretty easily. I just don't see him coming here unless he things being home and challenging for a Cup are worth a couple million a year (the difference in what his max market value vs what the Blues could pay, I'm guessing).
Yeah, any chance on Statsny revolves around him taking a big discount on playing at home and with a challenger. His numbers have fallen away, but his play is still solid and he'd have better wingers here.

That said, while I wouldn't offer more than $5m, I'm sure other GM's in their desperation for a center in FA would throw out an offer very similar to his current deal even if his production doesn't pick up between now and the end of next season.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:47 AM
trevorftw
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Yeah, any chance on Statsny revolves around him taking a big discount on playing at home and with a challenger. His numbers have fallen away, but his play is still solid and he'd have better wingers here.

That said, while I wouldn't offer more than $5m, I'm sure other GM's in their desperation for a center in FA would throw out an offer very similar to his current deal even if his production doesn't pick up between now and the end of next season.
I think its a very real possibility that he pulls a Hamhuis and signs with us for below market value. Hometown, contender, and he's got some familiar teammates here. I think its a great fit. I'd lean more towards whatever team he's playing for (avs might trade him) extending him, but if he hits UFA, I think he's coming to St. Louis.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:34 PM
maverick9

berglund

is there any reason the blues would move berglund? if so what would the blues be looking for? kid has so much skill but will be an rfa. st lou has the cap space just seeing if there would be any chance of a deal

Old
01-29-2013, 01:35 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick9 View Post
is there any reason the blues would move berglund? if so what would the blues be looking for? kid has so much skill but will be an rfa. st lou has the cap space just seeing if there would be any chance of a deal
Tell us the team and we'll tell you the price for Berglund.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:39 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 518
Gonna Guess Toronto...

There is a trade proposal thread on this board also.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Hey P9, I like ROR as a player, but would you really spend 5 million on him per season?

Old
01-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
Hey P9, I like ROR as a player, but would you really spend 5 million on him per season?
ROR should not be making more than Backes, in fact, he shouldn't be the highest paid player on our team. I'm all for trying to acquire him, and would try and make a deal around Schwartz, Dags, Cole, and Rattie (obviously not all 4 of them).

Old
01-29-2013, 04:16 PM
OCTA8ON

Quote:
I kinda wanna keep Edmundson as I think he's the likeliest guy in the organization to develop into a legit partner for Petro. Not saying he will, just saying his chances are superior to every other LHD prospect, and a 6'5" rugged defender with a 98mph slapshot who plays left can really get Petro's back in physical games.

Also, Colorado could use defense, and they want NHL-ready guys. Maybe Schwartz + Cole would be a realistic deal. Couldn't be too far off in value either direction. If you pull that trade, say, tomorrow:

Red = UFA; Orange = RFA
Schwartz + Cole for ROR? Not a chance.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTA8ON View Post
Schwartz + Cole for ROR? Not a chance.

Not a chance from who?

If ROR would sign an extension for around 3.5 x 5, I would trade Schwartz + Cole for him. We need a 2nd line center like him desperately. Bergs would be great as a 3rd line center.

Last edited by Mike Liut: 01-29-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old
01-29-2013, 04:25 PM
maverick9

calgary
Quote:

Old
01-29-2013, 04:31 PM
OCTA8ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Not a chance from who?
PocketNines.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:33 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick9 View Post
calgary
The best I could think of was something like Berglund + Cole for Giordano + Backlund, but frankly I see both teams either rejecting it or regretting it.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:22 PM
stlweir

Berglund scored 19 goals without a single PP goal. He has a heavy shot and can play physical. One of the many things I like about. Armstrong is his patience. He will give the core of this team a chance to win a cup. He's off to a solid start.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:47 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Not a chance from who?

If ROR would sign an extension for around 3.5 x 5, I would trade Schwartz + Cole for him. We need a 2nd line center like him desperately. Bergs would be great as a 3rd line center.
My thinking too. Not sure why he said "not a chance" and then later not a chance from "me" (because that's weirdly nonsensical), all I can report is he's probably an old poster with a new screen name and a grudge. Called me out in opening night GDT on Stewart.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:49 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
Not 5 but easily 4. That kid is great.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:26 AM
bluesman11
Robert Johnson

vCash: 0
Quote:
My thinking too. Not sure why he said "not a chance" and then later not a chance from "me" (because that's weirdly nonsensical), all I can report is he's probably an old poster with a new screen name and a grudge. Called me out in opening night GDT on Stewart.
Do you mean me? If by chance you did I only have one screen name, it's been the same on all forums.

On the topic of the trade I believe everyone is available for the right deal. But my opinion is Cole and Schwartz wouldn't be enough for The Avs. I think they would want a more proven forward probably a playmaker/scorer in return along with Cole, and I believe that would be a little too much for a guy that's being a little selfish with this holdout since he’s only had one good year in the offensive zone.

He's a RFA and I just think he should be patient and a team player, then when he has the leverage he’ll get paid maybe not by the Avs but he’ll get paid. But demanding the deal after your first big year on both ends the ice throws up a few red flags, doesn't he think he can do it again and for this reason I wouldn't be that interested in ROR. This team has tremendous team chemistry; they don’t need a possible problem even if his skill set fits Hitchcock’s system.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:25 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

^^
No, just look up in this thread. I wasn't near a computer for the Detroit game so obviously wasn't posting in the GDT. When Stewart scored two goals, the guy accused me of hiding from the forum. Silly.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:50 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2370
I'd offer him just under Backes money.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:10 PM
ExJbeck

vCash: 821
The only reason I would consider a trading Cole is if a for a high pick(which is super duper highly unlikely) or part of a package for #1C or top pair LHD. Cole does a good job when he plays, but maybe I see something out of him tons of other people don't. I see a lots amount of potential and seriously believe he will reach it. He needs a fair shot at playing and so far he hasn't received it. It's one of the only things Hitch has done that I disagree with.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:53 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExJbeck View Post
The only reason I would consider a trading Cole is if a for a high pick(which is super duper highly unlikely) or part of a package for #1C or top pair LHD. Cole does a good job when he plays, but maybe I see something out of him tons of other people don't. I see a lots amount of potential and seriously believe he will reach it. He needs a fair shot at playing and so far he hasn't received it. It's one of the only things Hitch has done that I disagree with.
Who would you play him over right now? He's not as good as Redden at this point.

I think you're jumping the gun on assuming how Hitchcock will manage the 7 defenders this season. Cole will play enough to have a chance to continue developing. But its up to Cole to force Hitchcock to play him through being one of the top 6 guys. He hasn't done it yet, and I would argue that he HAS had chances to do so.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:31 PM
OCTA8ON

Quote:
Because I saw in your hypothetical lineup, ROR was in after you suggested that we traded Schwartz and Cole. That's why I thought you were suggesting that we trade Schwartz + Cole for ROR. Not sure what's nonsensical about that.

"Also, Colorado could use defense, and they want NHL-ready guys. Maybe Schwartz + Cole would be a realistic deal. Couldn't be too far off in value either direction. If you pull that trade, say, tomorrow:

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Perron-Berglund-Stewart
Sobotka-Nichol-Reaves
Langebrunner, D'Agostini

Redden-Pietrangelo
Jackman-Shattenkirk
Russell-Polak
Woyrika

Red = UFA; Orange = RFA"

As for the calling you out, I was just joking around. Not sure why you took it personally enough to remember that.

Also, somewhat confused about the grudge part. Whatevs.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:01 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTA8ON View Post
Because I saw in your hypothetical lineup, ROR was in after you suggested that we traded Schwartz and Cole. That's why I thought you were suggesting that we trade Schwartz + Cole for ROR. Not sure what's nonsensical about that.

"Also, Colorado could use defense, and they want NHL-ready guys. Maybe Schwartz + Cole would be a realistic deal. Couldn't be too far off in value either direction. If you pull that trade, say, tomorrow:

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Perron-Berglund-Stewart
Sobotka-Nichol-Reaves
Langebrunner, D'Agostini

Redden-Pietrangelo
Jackman-Shattenkirk
Russell-Polak
Woyrika

Red = UFA; Orange = RFA"

As for the calling you out, I was just joking around. Not sure why you took it personally enough to remember that.

Also, somewhat confused about the grudge part. Whatevs.
In my long experience with message boards, when some relatively new poster shows up and "jok(es) around" by citing you personally twice in less than two weeks, there tends to be a grudge/new screen name thing going on. If that's not what's going on here, then it probably won't happen again. You say it isn't, so I guess this is probably a coincidence that won't rear its head again.

You said "not a chance" on the trade idea. Mike Liut asked which team would say it's "not a chance," and you answered "PocketNines." I called it nonsensical because I am not a team in the National Hockey League, much less one of the two would-be teams here, Colorado or the St. Louis Blues.

Closed Thread