HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ana-pit

Old
01-29-2013, 12:43 PM
torrencemd

vCash: 500
Ana-pit

PIT

Kunitz
Tangradi
Despres
1st 2013

ANA

Corey Perry

Pens- Winger for Sid giving both Star Centers elite scoring wingers with grinder/speedster wing compliments

Ducks- Do it for Depth forward in Tangradi, NHL ready top prospect and very Servicable Kunitz who is a character guy and goes 110% each shift. Plus Ana gets their players back from the Whitney trade...

torrencemd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Exit Dose

Tangradi brings nothing to the table for us. I'd rather have an equivalent pick. We have no interest in bringing back the Burke era picks.

The rest of the pieces are fine, but, you know, we'd rather try and sign Perry first.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:48 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Tangradi brings nothing to the table for us. I'd rather have an equivalent pick. We have no interest in bringing back the Burke era picks.

The rest of the pieces are fine, but, you know, we'd rather try and sign Perry first.
So, the equivalent pick for Tangradi is a sixth rounder?

That is too much to give up for a pending UFA with no assurances that he will resign in Pittsburgh.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:48 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
At this point, sounds about right.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:52 PM
penzweiser
Rookie User

Would the pens need to add? If so would a prospect like hanowski or blueger work rather than tangradi (you can keep him to though haha)

penzweiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:55 PM
The Red Line

Pretty horrible for the Ducks. No reason at all that they do this.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:55 PM
LetangBrassard23

I don't think Anaheim says yes. IF they knew they couldn't resign him, then IMO, it's close. Probably swap out Tangradi for Jeffery or Kennedy, whatever to make it work.

From Pittsburgh's POV, you've completed Sid's line in: Dupuis-Crosby-Perry, but send away the best option, Kunitz, for Geno's line and thus, the Pens are stuck with Kennedy on the second line. I think it's a problem you will take for adding Perry.

LetangBrassard23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:01 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by penzweiser View Post
Would the pens need to add? If so would a prospect like hanowski or blueger work rather than tangradi (you can keep him to though haha)
Pittsburgh shouldn't have to add one thing. It's too much to give for a guy that you might not be able to resign.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:02 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
Pretty horrible for the Ducks. No reason at all that they do this.
It's bad for both.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:14 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Pens and Ducks are bad trading partners for superstars.

IF perry is moved, it will be to whoever offers a package around a young player. Pittsburg is not the team to this.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:20 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrencemd View Post
PIT

Kunitz
Tangradi
Despres
1st 2013

ANA

Corey Perry

Pens- Winger for Sid giving both Star Centers elite scoring wingers with grinder/speedster wing compliments

Ducks- Do it for Depth forward in Tangradi, NHL ready top prospect and very Servicable Kunitz who is a character guy and goes 110% each shift. Plus Ana gets their players back from the Whitney trade...
while i'd do this, the Pens would have to be ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that they have a deal in place for Perry once he got here. this trade screams Hossa from back in the day.

that said, the Ducks wouldn't do that, even if Perry's contract expired in like 5 minutes.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:27 PM
jw2

vCash: 643
What's the NTC for Kunitz?
I don't see him volunteering to leave a cup contender... or was he in love with Anaheim?

The trade isnt as far off as Ducks fans want to believe. They need to get something for Perry...

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:32 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post

That is too much to give up for a pending UFA with no assurances that he will resign in Pittsburgh.
Come on now. A winger would salivate at the very notion of playing with Crosby. He's not going to refuse playing in Pittsburgh with Crosby if they were willing to pay him a good salary and the fact that the team is going to be a perennial contender for a good while, it's all the more enticing. You were willing to fork out $50m over 7 years for Hossa, right (or was it 5 years $35m)? I know it'd be a little tough to come up with that kind of money now with impending extensions of Malkin, Letang, Orpik, Niskanen, etc., but IF they could wheel and deal and clear space (which they probably will have to do), they can easily entice him for a 7 year term.

Last edited by StarsFan74: 01-29-2013 at 01:38 PM.
StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
What's the NTC for Kunitz?
I don't see him volunteering to leave a cup contender... or was he in love with Anaheim?

The trade isnt as far off as Ducks fans want to believe. They need to get something for Perry...
It's not far off value wise, but it Won't happen. Ducks will simply get better offers and they will pick one that involves a young player. That deal doesn't have that. I wish we had Kunitz back, but he's not someone we would target in a deal for Perry. Don't want Tangradi. We knew how overrated he was when he was here and we still don't want him.

It's not about it being far off, it's about it being a bad fit. There would be plenty of better fitting offers than that one.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:37 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Pretty fair deal from a high level POV; very Hossa/Kovy-esque.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:44 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
Come on now. A winger would salivate at the very notion of playing with Crosby. He's not going to refuse playing in Pittsburgh with Crosby if they were willing to pay him a good salary and the fact that the team is going to be a perennial contender for a good while, it's all the more enticing. You were willing to fork out $50m over 7 years for Hossa, right (or was it 5 years $35m)? I know it'd be a little tough to come up with that kind of money now with impending extensions of Malkin, Letang, Orpik, Niskanen, etc., but IF they could wheel and deal and clear space (which they probably will have to do), they can easily entice him for a 7 year term.
because that worked out so well with Zach Parise

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:46 PM
LetangInTheSO

Quote:
There's nothing to say that Pitt would give him the highest $ value offer (in fact, it is unlikely that they would). And unfortunately we've yet to see a star player take a "discount" to play with Sid and the Pens (you yourself recall the Hossa situation and there have been others, see: Parise, Zack).

LetangInTheSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:51 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
because that worked out so well with Zach Parise
Ahhhh...I wasn't aware you were in strong contention, but I guess two strikes went against you.

-Parise went home.
-13 yrs, $98m.

No one can offer that kind of money or term-length now. Makes it easier for you.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Matt Damon

I would think Ana would want Beau Bennett involved in the deal. California kid with legit top 6 potential having a great rookie year in the AHL. Thought Pitt would likely be hard pressed to give him up being that he's the only future top line wing prospect in their system.

Tangradi just doesn't add anything right now. He hasn't shown anything useful at all lined up with Malkin and Neal so his value really is slim to none right now. Trading Kunitz would still leave a hole in the Pens top 6 so they'd have to find another winger for the play-offs if they traded him so can't see him involved.

Matt Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:55 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetangInTheSO View Post
There's nothing to say that Pitt would give him the highest $ value offer (in fact, it is unlikely that they would). And unfortunately we've yet to see a star player take a "discount" to play with Sid and the Pens (you yourself recall the Hossa situation and there have been others, see: Parise, Zack).
The Hossa rejection was based on him being skeptical about Pittsburgh being able to retain pieces to contend again if he signed and ate up a big chunk of the cap-space. Well, he was proven wrong and how!

I do acknowledge that money came into play in Parise's decision, but those kind of deals will not be there anymore. That was an insanely large number.

Now that I think about it though, I would assume Perry may have the same reservations Hossa did.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:06 PM
LetangInTheSO

Quote:
The Hossa rejection was based on him being skeptical about Pittsburgh being able to retain pieces to contend again if he signed and ate up a big chunk of the cap-space. Well, he was proven wrong and how!

I do acknowledge that money came into play in Parise's decision, but those kind of deals will not be there anymore. That was an insanely large number.

Now that I think about it though, I would assume Perry may have the same reservations Hossa did.
The reality is that - with the exception of "hometown" players (i.e. players from the city in question or players with a long-term history with their team) - most players aren't inclined to take a discount in exchange for hollow promises about the team's competitiveness/ability to win a Cup, and I don't blame them. I highly doubt that Perry would accept - for example - $6M on a long-term deal from the Pens if somebody else was offering $7M+. That's just the way she goes. For the record, I would LOVE Perry in a Pens uniform.

LetangInTheSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:10 PM
airforceones25

No thanks from Ducks POV.... Not the worst but definitely not the first choice by any means.

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote