HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 03:35 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Got my Gaborik penned hockey stick delivered at home today.

Any word on the ticket booklet for games #11-24 ?

Old
01-28-2013, 06:02 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post

Any word on the ticket booklet for games #11-24 ?
Mid February from what I was previously told.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:39 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

I have a question for you guys that had tickets in more than one location and price point.

During the online relocation, were you able to move all your seats to that lower price point or were you prevented from moving your more expensive seats down by the system?

Old
01-29-2013, 01:42 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
I have a question for you guys that had tickets in more than one location and price point.

During the online relocation, were you able to move all your seats to that lower price point or were you prevented from moving your more expensive seats down by the system?
The online relocation will only allow you to move seats to the same or higher price categories. Downgrade requests must be handled by a rep.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:46 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
The online relocation will only allow you to move seats to the same or higher price categories. Downgrade requests must be handled by a rep.
But see that doesn't answer the question. For example, if you have $73 tickets you will only see $73 tickets or higher on the map. If you have $125 tickets you will only see $125 or higher tickets.

My question is, if you have BOTH $73 and $125 tickets, you should be able to see all the $73 tickets and higher (because of your first set of tickets), does the system allow you to move the $125 tickets into an available cheaper slot that will be on your screen

Old
01-29-2013, 01:46 PM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
In fact, you can't even see what's available below your renewal price point. You have to rely on your Rep to tell you what's available (and good luck getting your Rep on the phone during relocation). Online system was useless if you want to downgrade.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:49 PM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
But see that doesn't answer the question. For example, if you have $73 tickets you will only see $73 tickets or higher on the map. If you have $125 tickets you will only see $125 or higher tickets.

My question is, if you have BOTH $73 and $125 tickets, and you should be able to see all the $73 tickets and higher (because of your first set of tickets), does the system allow you to move the $125 tickets into an available cheaper slot that will be on your screen
I have that situation and the answer is you can only move the number of seats you have at the renewal price point. In your example, you cannot move the $125 seats to lower prices online (even though you can see the $73 seats availability).

Old
01-29-2013, 01:52 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:

My question is, if you have BOTH $73 and $125 tickets, you should be able to see all the $73 tickets and higher (because of your first set of tickets), does the system allow you to move the $125 tickets into an available cheaper slot that will be on your screen
Let me clarify, as I too have two pairs of seats at different price categories.

You have to select which seats you are interested in upgrading/relocating before you can view the map. You can't select different priced seats simultaneously. So if you select your $73 seats you will only be shown available seats at that price point or above. If you select your $125 seats you will likewise see a map with seats at that price point or above. So to answer your question, no, you can't downgrade your $125 seats to a cheaper price point using the online tool.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:58 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
I have that situation and the answer is you can only move the number of seats you have at the renewal price point. In your example, you cannot move the $125 seats to lower prices online (even though you can see the $73 seats availability).
Quote:
Let me clarify, as I too have two pairs of seats at different price categories.

You have to select which seats you are interested in upgrading/relocating before you can view the map. You can't select different priced seats simultaneously. So if you select your $73 seats you will only be shown available seats at that price point or above. If you select your $125 seats you will likewise see a map with seats at that price point or above. So to answer your question, no, you can't downgrade your $125 seats to a cheaper price point using the online tool.
ok thanks so that's pretty clear then. You would think they would allow you to consolidate your seats but they apparently want to avoid at all costs people moving out of their higher priced seats

Old
01-29-2013, 02:14 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
ok thanks so that's pretty clear then. You would think they would allow you to consolidate your seats but they apparently want to avoid at all costs people moving out of their higher priced seats
You got it.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
I missed the WeBleedBlue promo yesterday, was $55 a piece for up to 8 tix. Seats were in the West Balcony but atleast you're at the game

Old
01-30-2013, 02:47 PM
Cmf1125

Have people had success downgrading via their reps or is it nearly impossible? How much time do you have to decide whether to renew (and thus get your rep on the phone to try to downgrade) before your existing seats are released?

Old
01-30-2013, 04:07 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmf1125 View Post
Have people had success downgrading via their reps or is it nearly impossible? How much time do you have to decide whether to renew (and thus get your rep on the phone to try to downgrade) before your existing seats are released?
It used to be just a phone call to change seat locations. I went from the 200,s to the 300,s and my brother went to the 400,s to the 300,s.The reps would actually have you come down to MSG in June and let you try different seats to see what is available. Not that long ago the upper bowl seats were the ones MSG was pushing as the lower bowl was sold out. Now it is the opposite.
Last year they went to the new auotomated seat relocator and unless you asked your rep. you got shut out from changing your price point.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Socs5199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmf1125

I was told I would have to cancel my seats and start the process over again. My rep is new though so this might not be correct. I would like to move out of my current price point to a lower one. Currently my tickets are $155 a piece.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Old
01-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Giacomin

Changing your seat location is based on your tenure as a STH. I got my seats 6 years ago and since I wanted 4 together I had to sit in the old 222 section for a year and then relocate to the $300,s where I originally wanted(ironically my seats in 222 which were terrible costs more than what I am paying today for my seats in the upper bowl). I was told that after that first season I would have a chance to relocate to the 300,s based on seniority. I believe the next season first timers were able to get 300,s as STH,s.
It might be a little tougher today if say you sign up for seasons at $155 and want to downgrade to $50 seats after one season but it is all based on seniority. I never hear anyone saying that they want to change their $50 seats for $155 seats which speaks volumes about the way the pricing of the lower bowl is all out of whack.
You do not have to cancel your subscription and start over but you might get stuck in your seats again as there is no guarantee to relocate just that if anything is available you can move based on seniority.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:06 AM
Abooch68

Question: If you put a down payment for season tickets and you don't get them this year do you lose the down payment? There were season tickets offered,but only the really expensive seats.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:38 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
Question: If you put a down payment for season tickets and you don't get them this year do you lose the down payment? There were season tickets offered,but only the really expensive seats.
Nope, they'll be there for next year, but only as credit. You can buy tickets to orher MSG events with them btw.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:40 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

I'm gonna be in the area today so if anyone has a single they're trying to dump, PM me.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:02 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

What's the difference between the Lifer package and the Entertainment package?

Old
01-31-2013, 02:06 PM
niinah

Quote:
What's the difference between the Lifer package and the Entertainment package?
Here is the info: http://www.nyrsubcentral.com/Benefits

RANGERS FAMILY PACKAGE

By selecting this package you will receive the following customized benefits: Kids Training Camp Event with Members of the Team, a Tailored gift for all ages, Exclusive offers redeemable at The Garden, Special offers to select family shows at The Garden & Radio City Music Hall, and Special Youth Hockey offers.

RANGERS LIFER PACKAGE
By selecting this package you will receive the following customized benefits: Special Event with Members of the Team, a tailored gift, exclusive offers redeemable at The Garden, special offers to select events at The Garden & Radio City Music Hall and a free yearbook.

RANGERS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE

By selecting this package you will receive the following customized benefits: special event with members of the team, a Tailored gift, Exclusive offers redeemable at The Garden, Special offers to select family shows at The Garden & Radio City Music Hall, and Hospitality offers.

Last edited by niinah: 01-31-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old
02-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Cmf1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
Changing your seat location is based on your tenure as a STH. I got my seats 6 years ago and since I wanted 4 together I had to sit in the old 222 section for a year and then relocate to the $300,s where I originally wanted(ironically my seats in 222 which were terrible costs more than what I am paying today for my seats in the upper bowl). I was told that after that first season I would have a chance to relocate to the 300,s based on seniority. I believe the next season first timers were able to get 300,s as STH,s.
It might be a little tougher today if say you sign up for seasons at $155 and want to downgrade to $50 seats after one season but it is all based on seniority. I never hear anyone saying that they want to change their $50 seats for $155 seats which speaks volumes about the way the pricing of the lower bowl is all out of whack.
You do not have to cancel your subscription and start over but you might get stuck in your seats again as there is no guarantee to relocate just that if anything is available you can move based on seniority.
I just talked to my rep - she said that to downgrade you have to release your tickets and then go into the pool of subscribers looking to downgrade. That is based on tenure and if you don't find anything that suits you, you may end up not being a season subscriber (since you already released your existing seats to others). She claimed several season ticket holders last year got boxed out because of this and then you lose your tenure as a ticket holder.

This seems really punitive - basically it is going to be VERY difficult to downgrade, and if you want to try you are relinquishing your current seat location.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Cmf1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socs5199 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmf1125

I was told I would have to cancel my seats and start the process over again. My rep is new though so this might not be correct. I would like to move out of my current price point to a lower one. Currently my tickets are $155 a piece.

Does anyone know if this is true?
This is exactly what my rep told me as well - Nicole Melfi.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmf1125 View Post
I just talked to my rep - she said that to downgrade you have to release your tickets and then go into the pool of subscribers looking to downgrade. That is based on tenure and if you don't find anything that suits you, you may end up not being a season subscriber (since you already released your existing seats to others). She claimed several season ticket holders last year got boxed out because of this and then you lose your tenure as a ticket holder.

This seems really punitive - basically it is going to be VERY difficult to downgrade, and if you want to try you are relinquishing your current seat location.
They definitely changed the process from a few years ago. The way I look at it is that if you a Ranger fan and can afford then it is worth being a STH. I would like to see more miniplans available in the upper bowl but that may be wishful thinking on my part.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:59 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
They definitely changed the process from a few years ago. The way I look at it is that if you a Ranger fan and can afford then it is worth being a STH. I would like to see more miniplans available in the upper bowl but that may be wishful thinking on my part.
Do the mini plans still come with postseason rights? It used to be that with just a half season plan you got full playoff strips

Old
02-01-2013, 03:32 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Do the mini plans still come with postseason rights? It used to be that with just a half season plan you got full playoff strips
no, half seasons get first consideration to purchase a half plan for the playoffs.

mini plans get a presale opportunity.

Closed Thread