HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Anything Goes 6: BBH/Culk Containment Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Blue Liner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Been to Mexico nine times and have been there a few times. Decent place to walk around and shop, too. It is a nice time, but I don't mind coming back after a week.
You talking about Playa Del Carmen or Mexico in general?

Old
01-29-2013, 01:42 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
You talking about Playa Del Carmen or Mexico in general?
Mexico in general. It was a lot more fun. Going there almost every spring break killed it for me. The resorts rule, but you don't want to burn yourself out by constantly going there.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Mexico in general. It was a lot more fun. Going there almost every spring break killed it for me. The resorts rule, but you don't want to burn yourself out by constantly going there.
I guess I could see that. I'm not sure I could get burned out ever going there, at least now as an adult. It's such an amazing get away from every day life, especially in the winter here.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:46 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 50
I'd prefer to live in Mexico, Chicago is great, love it but living on the beach is too good to pass up, some day I hope I will.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
I guess I could see that. I'm not sure I could get burned out ever going there, at least now as an adult. It's such an amazing get away from every day life, especially in the winter here.
No doubt, but you go to other destinations. I would not mind going back to Mexico sometime, but I finally had to say something about finally going elsewhere. Went to the Atlantis in the Bahamas twice and the Dominican Republic.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I'd prefer to live in Mexico, Chicago is great, love it but living on the beach is too good to pass up, some day I hope I will.
You don't want to live in Mexico. Trust me. Don't let the pictures fool you. Going through the towns to get to your lovely resort makes you feel terrible inside. However, the Dominican was worse. My god.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Being somewhere like that (or any warm place with a beach really) reminds you that humans weren't meant to live the way we live nowadays. I love my town, love it, but I definitely could stand to live near a beach and somewhere mild.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:49 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I've been to Canada. Working outside I have committed to spending my retirement in Florida/Hawaii. **** snow.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
No doubt, but you go to other destinations. I would not mind going back to Mexico sometime, but I finally had to say something about finally going elsewhere. Went to the Atlantis in the Bahamas twice and the Dominican Republic.
I went there a few weeks ago.

Never been to a place that seemed so nice and yet so fake.

Going pretty much anywhere else on the island was such a crazy contrast.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
I've been to Canada. Working outside I have committed to spending my retirement in Florida/Hawaii.
I definitely will retire somewhere warm. My dad and stepmom retired in Phoenix. I definitely will be ready to wave bye bye to crap weather and all the negatives of here once I'm at that age.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:51 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
I went there a few weeks ago.

Never been to a place that seemed so nice and yet so fake.

Going pretty much anywhere else on the island was such a crazy contrast.
That place rules. Obviously, I'm younger and it was a few years ago that I went, so I was more into the slides and stuff instead of relaxing, but I really admired the designs and the architecture. It's truly marvelous.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:51 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
You don't want to live in Mexico. Trust me. Don't let the pictures fool you. Going through the towns to get to your lovely resort makes you feel terrible inside. However, the Dominican was worse. My god.
If you have money there are places in Mexico you can live comfortably, especially as cheap as you can get real estate down there. The actual towns themselves are poor and dangerous, no doubt, but there are places in Mexico you could live relatively safely and in comfort if you wanted to.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:53 PM
Cullksinikers

I will always live in Chicago since I plan to have season tickets to at least one sport the rest of my life.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
I will always live in Chicago since I plan to have season tickets to at least one sport the rest of my life.
You very well may be right, but a lot may and likely will change in your life over time. When I was your age I never thought in a million years I'd ever leave Chicago, and I'd been a ******** of places already by that age. You just never know.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
That place rules. Obviously, I'm younger and it was a few years ago that I went, so I was more into the slides and stuff instead of relaxing, but I really admired the designs and the architecture. It's truly marvelous.
Oh, once you're in the place, it's awesome.

I just had a really hard time keeping the sad state of the rest of the island out of my head. Funny thing too, since the Bahamas by some measurements are one of the richest countries in the Caribbean, but it certainly didn't feel that way.

I'm not much of a "resort" guy, I guess.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:01 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Well yeah, I understand your point and you are right, it's shady in a lot of parts. I've been there 3 times, most recently about 3 years ago so I know what you mean. A guy with us got the date **** drug put in his drink, they were trying to put it in his girlfriends drink but he drank it instead and was just completely gone. This was at a Senior Frogs.

Quote:
I've been to Canada. Working outside I have committed to spending my retirement in Florida/Hawaii. **** snow.
Quote:
Being somewhere like that (or any warm place with a beach really) reminds you that humans weren't meant to live the way we live nowadays. I love my town, love it, but I definitely could stand to live near a beach and somewhere mild.
Quote:
I definitely will retire somewhere warm. My dad and stepmom retired in Phoenix. I definitely will be ready to wave bye bye to crap weather and all the negatives of here once I'm at that age.
Yeah, absolutely, nothing against Chicago, just too much going for the warm weather places. Everything is better, the weather, the attitude of the people, cheaper to live, more things to do, especially outside and mainly, just different. There is something to be said for staying close to your family your whole life but you only get one life, do you really want to spend the whole thing in just one place? And if you did, why the hell would it be anywhere north of California/Arizona/Georgia?

Old
01-29-2013, 02:06 PM
RayP

Meh, give me a city to explore the ins and outs of vs a resort any day of the week. I can find a beach out here on a lake in the summer to go get drunk at. Although I can get how some would want to just sit, relax, and do nothing. I'd rather just aimlessly wonder around some cities, preferably somewhere in Europe.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:09 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

A few blocks from the ocean fishing every day and living on island time? Yes please.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:12 PM
RayP

Quote:
A few blocks from the ocean fishing every day and living on island time? Yes please.
I'd eventually get bored with that after a year or so. That, and I'd turn into a massive alcoholic and probably start smoking 4-5 cigars a day.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:12 PM
coldsteelonice84

You know what though, Chicagoland is turning into a police state. The quality of life here is declining rapidly and the cost is rising sharply. Pretty soon it is just going to be time for most people to abandon the area (at which point in time it will become a scum ridden hell hole). If you like Chicago, enjoy the next 10-15 years, I mean really appreciate them because it already doesn't even resemble the place I knew just 10 years ago. It's sad, but the state is in a horrible crisis and has decided to shake down its residents in an attempt to fix it. Thing is, this place ain't that great, people will leave.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:13 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
That's what I'm talkin' about.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:18 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
I'd eventually get bored with that after a year or so. That, and I'd turn into a massive alcoholic and probably start smoking 4-5 cigars a day.
We clearly think alike.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:19 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
I'm not seeing any downside.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:21 PM
RayP

Quote:
I'm not seeing any downside.
Death at 55 sounds pretty bad.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:25 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

If you plan on retiring before 55 then man have you got **** planned out.

Closed Thread