HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumour Thread I: Post-Lockout Madness

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
I'd like to see the Rangers get a little more creative than scraping the bottom of the barrel in the FA market. For instance, Luke Adam looks like he's dying for a change of scenery. Could be a nice target as a "buy low" opportunity.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'd like to see the Rangers get a little more creative than scraping the bottom of the barrel in the FA market. For instance, Luke Adam looks like he's dying for a change of scenery. Could be a nice target as a "buy low" opportunity.
Would take him in a heartbeat. What's the cost though?

Old
01-29-2013, 01:03 PM
marciiauzii

Send a message via Skype™ to marciiauzii
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Joel Vermin:

Will be 21 on 2/5. Listed at 5'11" 196lbs. Wing/Center. Playing for Bern. A free agent who can be signed to an ELC.

12 goals and 20 assists in 41 games this season.

Translated from Swedish on EliteProspects.com

So, another Zucarello?

Old
01-29-2013, 01:07 PM
NYR Viper

I wouldn't mind taking a shot on a talented Euro. They have the contracts available.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:12 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Good name to throw out there.

I just don't know if Buffalo deals him right now, and if they do they're not gonna deal him cheap.

I felt they could've gotten more for Kassian.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Good name to throw out there.

I just don't know if Buffalo deals him right now, and if they do they're not gonna deal him cheap.

I felt they could've gotten more for Kassian.
It might not be as cheap as we'd want, but it's a good investment if we can not only bolster the depth up front, but add a solid hockey player in the process.

I think that, at least at the time, Hodgson was a solid return. He was another highly touted guy who hadn't quite put it together. I know Kassian is off to a hot start now, but Hodgson has looked very good for Buffalo as well. I think an outsider might say one thing, but it seems that both organizations are happy with the move.

Another point about Buffalo: They have several young, cheap D floating around their organization. I don't think he's available, but I'd kick the tires on Gauthier-Leduc. Like the upside on that kid.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:42 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Luke Adam would be a great pickup, but I agree I don't think Buffalo lets him go for too cheap.

01-29-2013, 01:49 PM
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

At this point, the Rangers are pretty much hyenas just trying to dig up any scrap that is left behind.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Luke Adam would be a great pickup, but I agree I don't think Buffalo lets him go for too cheap.
Lukee is an AHL star. Lost his confidence in the show.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:27 PM
Krams
what a time

Luke Adam is pretty much a waste of space. He's a terrible skater, he isn't physical whatsoever, and wasn't good defensively. Torts would have a field day with him.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:56 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Personally, I'd like Glen & Co. to take a long look at Paul Ranger. http://www.rawcharge.com/2013/1/8/38...-as-an-UFA-NHL

Old
01-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Personally, I'd like Glen & Co. to take a long look at Paul Ranger. http://www.rawcharge.com/2013/1/8/38...-as-an-UFA-NHL
I suspect he is battling with depression/anxiety issues, so I don't think New York would be the best place for him to resume his NHL career.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:07 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Hasn't Ranger said he has no desire to play in the NHL?

01-29-2013, 03:09 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Hasn't Ranger said he has no desire to play in the NHL?
I believe he said he only wanted to play at home, which is Toronto for him. I'm not sure if that extends to the NHL; he may in fact not wish to come back to the bigs with all of the pressure and attention.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
It might not be as cheap as we'd want, but it's a good investment if we can not only bolster the depth up front, but add a solid hockey player in the process.

I think that, at least at the time, Hodgson was a solid return. He was another highly touted guy who hadn't quite put it together. I know Kassian is off to a hot start now, but Hodgson has looked very good for Buffalo as well. I think an outsider might say one thing, but it seems that both organizations are happy with the move.

Another point about Buffalo: They have several young, cheap D floating around their organization. I don't think he's available, but I'd kick the tires on Gauthier-Leduc. Like the upside on that kid.
Hodgson was a good return, but I really like the toughness Kassian brings to the table. There were doubts about his willingness to get physically involved and I think he's been proving that to be wrong.

Lets remember, both players are playing on top lines with all star caliber linemates

Old
01-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Hodgson was a good return, but I really like the toughness Kassian brings to the table. There were doubts about his willingness to get physically involved and I think he's been proving that to be wrong.

Lets remember, both players are playing on top lines with all star caliber linemates
Buffalo got fleeced in that trade badly. Hodgson types are dime a dozen, while there may only be two or three Kassian-type PWFs.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:27 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Buffalo got fleeced in that trade badly. Hodgson types are dime a dozen, while there may only be two or three Kassian-type PWFs.
I'd call it a win-win. It didn't look like Kassian was going to put it together for Buffalo. Maybe they handled him wrong, maybe he wasn't happy there, but it just didn't look like he was going to become the player he could there. Hodgson needed out of Vancouver. Both seem to be thriving in their new environments. Kassian may be the better value, but both teams came out winners, IMO.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:29 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
People need to cool it on Kassian. There has little literally been zero players that haven't produced while playing with the Sedins.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Really? I could name you quite a few power-forwards who have 14 points in 50 NHL games. How about we let the kid actually accomplish something before we induct him into the HOF?

Old
01-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I'd call it a win-win. It didn't look like Kassian was going to put it together for Buffalo. Maybe they handled him wrong, maybe he wasn't happy there, but it just didn't look like he was going to become the player he could there. Hodgson needed out of Vancouver. Both seem to be thriving in their new environments. Kassian may be the better value, but both teams came out winners, IMO.
Kassian was dominating the AHL in his first pro season. There should be growing pains expected for any prospect in their rookie season, especially a PWF type like Kassian who completely had to alter his game since he couldn't push around defenders like he could push midgets around in the OHL. Hodgson was having a nice rookie season too, however they already had small, weak, defensively irresponsible players in their lineup. Kassian was something that team really hasn't had and they basically traded it away for a guy who they hope will some day be as good as Derek Roy.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
People need to cool it on Kassian. There has little literally been zero players that haven't produced while playing with the Sedins.
Nuck fans are very pleased with the physical presence that line needed. His goal last night was a rebound as he camped out by the net. Not an easy guy to move.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Really? I could name you quite a few power-forwards who have 14 points in 50 NHL games. How about we let the kid actually accomplish something before we induct him into the HOF?
I'm not inducting him to anything, just seems teams often jump the gun on young players who are still learning how to play the physical game. Players like Kassian are hard to come by. I think the Sabes could have held onto him and look for a guy like O'reilly when available. This trade was for a questionable prospect, they could have had a legit NHL'er.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
PWF type as in putting fear into the opposition of getting hurt when bursting down the forecheck. Also drops the mitts with the best of them. Only Clowe and Lucic are two that resemble Kassian's game.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
I'm not inducting him to anything, just seems teams often jump the gun on young players who are still learning how to play the physical game. Players like Kassian are hard to come by. I think the Sabes could have held onto him and look for a guy like O'reilly when available. This trade was for a questionable prospect, they could have had a legit NHL'er.
Fair enough, but the same can be said for those who are too eager to say a player has come around. If Kassian had 0 goals in 6 games, we're likely not having this conversation. Hell, even late last season you could find plenty of Nucks fans who weren't thrilled with Kassian and thought they made a mistake.

I think too many people are jumping the gun once again. 6 games isn't a big enough sample size to anoint the kid as the next Lucic, IMO.

Quote:
PWF type as in putting fear into the opposition of getting hurt when bursting down the forecheck. Also drops the mitts with the best of them. Only Clowe and Lucic are two that resemble Kassian's game.
Plenty of players can do that. The problem is finding players who can do that AND score at the same time. So far, Kassian has managed to do that for all of 6 games in the NHL. It's far too soon to even begin to put him in with guys like Clowe or Lucic.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:08 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
that Marcus Foligno is a pretty good player for Buffalo...we will see if Buffalo made the right decision keeping Foligno over Kassian.

Closed Thread