HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#6 - 01/29/2013 | Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 12:42 PM
Calad
Section 422

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
If we see more garbage staged fights, I'm gonna lose it.
get ready to lose it, then

Old
01-29-2013, 12:42 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
The Flyers have been punks every year just not in the 70's...If you are not prepared to play them,any year,they take liberties...its in their DNA and it will never change...if you are up buy 3 late or down by 3 late the cheap shots start...fight fire with fire...and again,thank God Sather thinks like me rather than 80 percent on here...for the record,if we are playing a soft team,im fine with 1 tough guy.
You're absolutely right, I don't think the same way as Sather regarding goons. After Brashear and Boogaard that is a point of pride with me.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
i guess you rarely remember Dan Carcillo or Jesse Boulerace. i was stoked when the Flyers dumped these clowns.
Carcillo was dirty but at least he could score goals at times.

01-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Stepanformayor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Bickel is the new whipping boy around here. So i am going to say it one time and then shut up, you are clueless if you think u an get away without a enforcer now a days.. Bickel cost us games ? Really we got hammered by Pitt and the goal on ice in Boston hank gave up a 20 rebound into the slot, bobby Orr no useless no way .. Ultimate team guy and yes torts likes him for is balls, good luck stu
I agree.. This team doesn't have enough sack the way it is and some of you want to take what little we do have out of the lineup? This kid is a great teammate from what i can see and he plays hard every night, stands up for his mates..He helps alot more than he hurts IMO.. Do we need more fighter's ?...No, but this team so far anyways plays with very little Passion compared to last year. One of the top 3-4 softest teams in hockey IMO. When your skill guy's (Hagelin-Krieder-Stepan ect ) have to worry about getting run from behind or thumped coming across the middle and you have no one to stand up, you got problems.. Or in Rupper's case, Stand up(although not for long), ad end up on your back every fight, who's gonna fear ya?

Old
01-29-2013, 12:57 PM
pwoz

I can't stand staged fights (e.g. opening face off or first face off with goons on each side). I'd rather have fights happen naturally...e.g. something happens in game... someone mouths off, more trash talking, drop gloves.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:20 PM
jniklast

At least 90% of all fights now are staged fights which are basically a side show and are far from necessary. The other team certainly wouldn't suddenly murder our guys if we had no one doing those fights. You need toughness and grit and you should have a couple of guys that can fight if it really means something. But you don't need a guy that are only in the lineup because they can fight.

And getting back to Bickel: With Rupp and Asham in the lineup, I don't see how we need another player that can only fight. Even against the Flyers two should be more than enough.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
The other team certainly wouldn't suddenly murder our guys if we had no one doing those fights.
Similarly, contrary to popular belief, there is no amount of fighting that will stop the opposing teams from hitting the Rangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
And getting back to Bickel: With Rupp and Asham in the lineup, I don't see how we need another player that can only fight. Even against the Flyers two should be more than enough.
Are the Flyers that tough? Here's their lineup from last game:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2012020068

Old
01-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsposHounds View Post
....who's gonna fear ya?
Who fears Bickel? His sideshow didn't stop Kreider from getting smoked with this head down or Gaborik from being driven into the stanchion at the end of the bench in the last match against the Flyers.

Maybe staged fights can turn the tide with a stoppage of play, but the d-bags that go out there with an intent to injure know that they'll never have to answer to anyone but Shanahan for their actions. Saying that someone like Bickel is going to prevent someone else on the roster from getting injured is wishful thinking at best and blatantly false if you look at the facts.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:47 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Lundqvist again?

Torts is going to kill this guy. Not a good idea if you ask me.

At least give Biron ONE game early. The next 5 out of 6 games after tonight are against top Eastern teams, is he going to start all of those too?

You put Biron against the Isles and hell lose. They always play us hard.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:49 PM
tomcatNYR

Yeah I mean this isn't the 80's anymore. If someone wants to hit somebody, they're gonna do it, because they know should the other team retaliate on a borderline hit, the penalties will likely even themselves out and if the other team's goon jumps your guy on the next shift, there will be suspensions handed out.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:49 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Lundqvist again?

At least give Biron ONE game early. The next 5 out of 6 games after tonight are against top Eastern teams, is he going to start all of those too?

At this point, in Tampa on Saturday is my guess for Marty's first start.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:58 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Tortorella is going to be hesitant to play the backup in a period where we are off to a slow start in a short season. He wants to give the team the best chance to win every game.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:00 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Lunqvist hasn't played since Saturday - of course he's going to get the start tonight.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Tortorella is going to be hesitant to play the backup in a period where we are off to a slow start in a short season. He wants to give the team the best chance to win every game.
exactly. it's all about our positioning right now. we need wins to build confidence. once we're in better shape marty will get a few more games. henrik has the conditioning to play right now(especially since he has a few days off) and we need him. the extra games will help him get into form as well

Old
01-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Vancouver played Rypien quite a bit. He passed away.

Boston had Thornton.

The Devils played Jansen and Boulton quite a bit last year.
Rypien barely played. He was a capable player though.

Thornton is far from a goon, he put up good production the year they won the cup as a 4th line player. Excellent on the forecheck and protecting the puck.

Janssen and Boulton were scratches down the stretch and didn't sniff any minutes during the playoffs. Pure goons like Bickel aren't needed in this league anymore. 2 meatheads in Rupp and Asham are fine and in the case of Asham, he can actually play hockey.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:23 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train View Post
Luckily that waste is injured.
Rinaldo is expected to be in the line-up. And most Flyers fans are happy with his play. He's rarely hit anybody dirty in the NHL but the refs have him marked from his AHL days so every hard hit he lands ends up a penalty. But him and Sestito can both cycle the puck well and create havoc in the crease. So not totally useless.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:24 PM
NYR Viper

I never said the Rangers have the perfect players for their roles. I was just pointing out the players who played on those teams during those years.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:25 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Kinda think hes going to burn out Lundqvist and the top line. If you dont have the guys to play when it really matters then the start wont make a difference.

Just my two cents, its a risk.

Im in a bad mood today

Old
01-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Rinaldo is expected to be in the line-up. And most Flyers fans are happy with his play. He's rarely hit anybody dirty in the NHL but the refs have him marked from his AHL days so every hard hit he lands ends up a penalty. But him and Sestito can both cycle the puck well and create havoc in the crease. So not totally useless.
bs. rinaldo is a rat. he headhunts. he may try staying in the rulebook, but he's still a scummer

Old
01-29-2013, 02:40 PM
SoftEuro4thLiner

1-4 phi.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEuro4thLiner View Post
1-4 phi.
anti-jinx: initiated

Old
01-29-2013, 02:46 PM
beastly115

Oh look, people whining about fighting on HFboards. There's something new.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:47 PM
SoftEuro4thLiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
anti-jinx: initiated
Nah, we're just a bad hockey team.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:50 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Lundqvist again?

Relax, Brodeur is 63 and plays almost every game. Hank is 30...haha

When Hank played in the SEL, he played 70+ games a season. Didn't bother him. He likes to play.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:51 PM
dmjt4160

I dont understand worrying about wearing out Hank this early. We have plenty of days off over the next two weeks and the schedule is much busier the 2nd half of February and all of March/April. Plenty of opportunities to play Biron then and give Henrik rest. Let him go now...

Closed Thread