HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Should Ryan Spooner Get the Third Line Duty Over Chris Bourque?

Old
01-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Afam*

vCash: 500
Should Ryan Spooner Get the Third Line Duty Over Chris Bourque?

I believe so. Chris is not lighting the World on fire. He is playing decent,, but i believe Spooner would do a better job than him. Spooner Centering the Chris kelly, pervs line would be sick.

Spooner has a great hockey IQ mixed with great speed, good passer and great hockey vision. All the third line is missing is someone who can finish the puck and i believe spooner can do that. I would like too hear everyone's opinion on that even though if you disagree with me.

Afam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:59 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afam View Post
I believe so. Chris is not lighting the World on fire. He is playing decent,, but i believe Spooner would do a better job than him. Spooner Centering the Chris kelly, pervs line would be sick.

Spooner has a great hockey IQ mixed with great speed, good passer and great hockey vision. All the third line is missing is someone who can finish the puck and i believe spooner can do that. I would like too hear everyone's opinion on that even though if you disagree with me.
If Spooner got the callup would you be willing to make a final evaluation after 5 games?

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:01 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Spooner is an AHL rookie. Better for him to stay where he is, get solid minutes, learn and grow. If he goes on a massive tear sometime in the next couple of months and forces a call-up, great. But not now.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:03 PM
Braunbaer
Braunbär

vCash: 200
I highly doubt that any of the potential call-ups will center the 3rd line.

Braunbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afam View Post
The Pervs line, eh?

Hide your daughters!

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Macdermid or Suave IMO
or Caron when he's healthy

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

So far Bourque is not costing the team games, so you can give him a long leash.

I expect at some point the team will cool off a bit, and if Bourque is still the weak link at that point they will do something to upgrade that position. Whether that will be Caron, or Sauve or Tardiff or Spooner I don't know, and if they don't find an answer there then they will liely trade for an answer

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Afam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin View Post
The Pervs line, eh?

Hide your daughters!
lol.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Afam*

Rich peverley needs someone who can finish his missed attempts on scoring. Furthermore, Hamilton callup has thought us a lesson. Let the kids play and their will surprise you. I would definitely bring Spooner up and feed him some ice time. What is they too lose. Nothing. He performs well, we keep him, he fails, we send him back to AHL.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:25 PM
BigBear83

i think spooner would get manhandled all over the ice.. looking forward to him playing in a b's uniform but lets remember that hes still what 18 or 19 yrs old. .im still hoping that caron turns out to be the player he was for that three week stretch towards the end of last year, because he looked damn good .. i dont think bourque has played bad by any means but he is basically a poor mans peverly.. pevs and kelly need some more time in the offensive end to get their games going , and thats one thing that caron was always good at it, board play .. i was all excited when i heard that caron trained with bergeron in the offseason. then i saw his hat trick in manchester and figured this was his break out year.... id even be willing to sit thornton a few games, throw kelly on the fourth line till he remembers how to play , and put peverly between caron and bourqe to see if that can get some third line offense going

BigBear83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:25 PM
RussellmaniaKW

or maybe we let Claude decide who gets that spot since he is in a better position than any of us to decide who has earned it and it happens to be his job.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Afam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
So far Bourque is not costing the team games, so you can give him a long leash.

I expect at some point the team will cool off a bit, and if Bourque is still the weak link at that point they will do something to upgrade that position. Whether that will be Caron, or Sauve or Tardiff or Spooner I don't know, and if they don't find an answer there then they will liely trade for an answer
Fair enough but i believe Caron has had his chances. Twice already. It should be Sauve or Spooner's turn too get their chance and prove what they are made off.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Sign Sykora

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:28 PM
beaverjc

I think we need to give Bourque some more time. I thought he has looked good on the PP and just seems to be pressing a little bit and hurrying his shots. The team is winning so we can afford to give him a longer look. Lets not forget he led the AHL in scoring last year with 93 points in 73 games. He has proven he can produce at that level while Spooner or other names mentioned haven't. Give him more time and I think Bourque will have some value to the parent club. Seguin still hasn't scored a real goal yet either and he has had a ton more ice time with better players and more PP time. Lets calm down and see how it shakes out.

beaverjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
Ryder or Jagr

Fire Julien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Afam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
or maybe we let Claude decide who gets that spot since he is in a better position than any of us to decide who has earned it and it happens to be his job.
You can't always defer too management. They are not always right. Spooner is going too be a better player than CB. Dougie is 19 and looking like a season vet so far. Dougie is skinny as hell too mind you. Spooner might get man handled, but he would ad
just eventually. People forget, seguin was man handled here too. He kept on loosing the puck which led to his pressbox visit. He adjusted Eventually.

I don't want spooner too add too much weight and lose some off his foot speed.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
No Spooner (yet).

Put Paille on the 3rd for a bit. Activate MacDermid for a few on 4th line duty. Especially with Sabres and Leafs coming up.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Mione134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Sign Sykora
I said this last night,but he just singed over in Switzerland for the rest of the year.

In terms of Spooner, no IMO. It's more beneficial for him to stay in the AHL right now. He's gotta get stronger.

CBourque is fine for now.

Mione134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Afam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
No Spooner (yet).

Put Paille on the 3rd for a bit. Activate MacDermid for a few on 4th line duty. Especially with Sabres and Leafs coming up.
I agree.Mac would look great on the fourth line. if chris continues too play decent, i say why not give sauve or spooner a chance. They are going to surprise people in what they can do.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:42 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear83 View Post
i think spooner would get manhandled all over the ice.. looking forward to him playing in a b's uniform but lets remember that hes still what 18 or 19 yrs old. .im still hoping that caron turns out to be the player he was for that three week stretch towards the end of last year, because he looked damn good .. i dont think bourque has played bad by any means but he is basically a poor mans peverly.. pevs and kelly need some more time in the offensive end to get their games going , and thats one thing that caron was always good at it, board play .. i was all excited when i heard that caron trained with bergeron in the offseason. then i saw his hat trick in manchester and figured this was his break out year.... id even be willing to sit thornton a few games, throw kelly on the fourth line till he remembers how to play , and put peverly between caron and bourqe to see if that can get some third line offense going
Spooner turns 21 tomorrow. Seguin turns 21 on Thursday. I am thinking there is gonna be quite the party somewhere

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Afam*

Quote:
Spooner turns 21 tomorrow. Seguin turns 21 on Thursday. I am thinking there is gonna be quite the party somewhere
ha ha. good thing dougie is not there. or is he?

Old
01-29-2013, 02:46 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
No Spooner (yet).

This.

Also Caron has the inside track on that 3rd line winger position over Spooner or any other prospect.

With that said, the third line looked decent last night.. Peverley especially looks ready to break out. I'd hate to be that guy who's like "Well, at least Bourque is trying! " but... I'm glad to see him busting his ass. But at the moment he just seems to be getting man handled in the corners. He's not elusive or crafty enough to fight through that (yet)..

With that said, he's playing almost exactly like how Marchand was when he was called up for his first handful of games under Claude. He was small and couldn't do **** in the offensive zone.. then something clicked and now he can evade almost any defender. Not saying Bourque is the next Marchand by any means.. but 5 games is still not enough time to evaluate or make judgement on. Especially when he isn't actively costing the Bruins. To be honest, Kelly has had more glaring mistakes this season than Bourque (but Kelly is easily forgiven from me because he's fantastic on the PK).

Bourque is just... there. He looks like he has a GREAT shot. Jack mentioned being able to get off that rocket of a wrister in a phone booth and he was exactly right. Claude mentioned in an article today that he wants Bourque to be more selfish and take the shot.. I think once he starts doing that, he'll be fine.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:48 PM
ksp1957

vCash: 361
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Tell me about it. When my oldest turned 21, I got a picture mail on my cell from her taken at one of the local bars. I'M GETTING ******* OLD !!!! Then I look at the potential prospect picks for the SIM league I'm in and notice the dates of birth are after my middle child. I'M DEFINITELY GETTING ******* OLD !!!!

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:51 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Quote:
No Spooner (yet).

This.

Spooner needs more minutes in the AHL and what's left of the FA crop is complete ****.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Afam*

key in on what the scout said.