HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official 2012/13 San Antonio Rampage Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 03:43 PM
TurboBrick

vCash: 500
Rampage has 32 games left, 16 home and 16 on the road. We can estimate that a playoff spot takes 88 points. We'd have to win every home game and steal half of them on the road. I won't use any maritime idioms to describe the situation, but it's not looking great.

Is Chuck Weber under contract for next season?

TurboBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:31 PM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBrick View Post
Rampage has 32 games left, 16 home and 16 on the road. We can estimate that a playoff spot takes 88 points. We'd have to win every home game and steal half of them on the road. I won't use any maritime idioms to describe the situation, but it's not looking great.

Is Chuck Weber under contract for next season?

Good stuff Turbo. Thanks for the Twitter fodder.

I hope Weber is back. I think he's a very good coach and this season has just been an absolute "worst case" type of season.

RampageNate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr

Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
I hope Weber is back. I think he's a very good coach and this season has just been an absolute "worst case" type of season.
I agree 100% with your statement on coach.

Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:56 AM
TurboBrick

Looks like Julseth-White is now Released-FromPTO. So much for that experiment. That leaves us with 11 forwards and 6 D on roster right now, provided that everyone can play.

I'm going to agree with everyone that CW is just fine at the helm. This season has been full of distractions with first getting the entire offensive core blown up during offseason (Hello, front office, those guys signed 2way deals as FA's, no reason you couldn't have held on to at least one), then all the circus with lockout & stacked rosters and those two things brewing into the mess that was October - November time frame.

Going forwards, I think now would be a time to start figuring out who are going to be the core players for the team next year and making sure they stick around (Rheault, Gomes, Wellman...). Start cycling the kids from Cincinnati up at least for a few games each so that they have a chance of getting familiar with Weber's system.

I understand that long term plans are very difficult to make in the AHL but we need some kind of consistency or come December we're again looking at a 0.300 record.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:12 AM
RampageNate

I have no idea if Julseth-White will be back or not, and based on his play I'd rather it be not. But with the league being a dead period due to the all-star break, it just made financial sense to release him from his PTO. They can't practice, there's no games, there's no point in paying a guy to do nothing. Same with Pacan and Wilson.

If Shore stays up, they will need at least 2 forwards depending on Timmins health. The good news is, they only play one game this weekend (and one monday) and can survive with 12 forwards if no one else gets hurt. So, Pacan and Wilson will probably be back before Fri night. (In which case, I may have to seriously consider bidding on a #19 Fri night).

Also, with Nash hurt, they are in need of at least one d-man, preferably two. I'd rather see McFadden come up and be the #6 defenseman, but hopefully the Rampage are at least looking at the free agent pool for a PTO until Nash is healthy.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Haj

I really want to see a successful team in San Antonio. IMHO, it will help develop prospects more than saving money on not having real AHL players.

Haj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:19 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
I really want to see a successful team in San Antonio. IMHO, it will help develop prospects more than saving money on not having real AHL players.
I don't disagree. But we are talking about an affiliation between two..."thrifty" ownership groups.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
Agreed. It almost felt last yr like we had finally gotten to a point where we didnt constantly have to raid the farm club all the time with the depth we had. I really wanted to see the prospects we have in the system spend more time in the AHL so they develop better too. But I guess this may be an anomaly of a season so hard to judge right now.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:12 PM
TurboBrick

Looks like we just traded Casey Wellman to the Caps in exchange for Zach Hamill.

http://sarampage.com/team/news/index...rticle_id=2194

Old
01-31-2013, 06:30 PM
RampageNate

The Rampage will skate 5 new faces tomorrow night for Pink in the Rink Night. In addition to Hamill; Jed Ortmeyer, Doug Jones, Santorelli and Gubranson will all make their season debuts in the pink and black.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:32 PM
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
The Rampage will skate 5 new faces tomorrow night for Pink in the Rink Night. In addition to Hamill; Jed Ortmeyer, Doug Jones, Santorelli and Gubranson will all make their season debuts in the pink and black.
Egads what a night to premiere these guys! It's our busiest game of the year. Have Gubranson and Jones ever played professionally before (in the AHL)? It's like, "Hello guys! Welcome to San Antonio and the Rampage family. You'll really like the fans. Hope you've enjoyed the nice weather in the day you've been here. Now see you in a month after the Rodeo Roadshow. Work well together, and enjoy your loooooooong trip." Sheesh. But I guess with our losses lately, we had to fill those positions.

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:22 PM
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr

Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
Well it should be an interesting game tomorrow. Hopefully these moves help the team out.

Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:47 PM
sirloin03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Egads what a night to premiere these guys! It's our busiest game of the year. Have Gubranson and Jones ever played professionally before (in the AHL)? It's like, "Hello guys! Welcome to San Antonio and the Rampage family. You'll really like the fans. Hope you've enjoyed the nice weather in the day you've been here. Now see you in a month after the Rodeo Roadshow. Work well together, and enjoy your loooooooong trip." Sheesh. But I guess with our losses lately, we had to fill those positions.
I really hope this isn't serious...

sirloin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 08:14 AM
RampageNate

Quote:

Neither have ever played a game in the AHL. Gudbranson, however, played 72 games in the NHL as a 19 year old. I think he'll be fine.

Re: the road trip...Every game except this monday's game is on a weekend so the team will probably spend more time in San Antonio than on the road.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:21 PM
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirloin03 View Post
I really hope this isn't serious...
No, it was made in jest. But it does have to be hard on the team to lose/receive 5 new players at one time, especially when they have that trip coming up. I haven't looked at their schedule, so thanks Nate for letting me know about that.

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:14 PM
sirloin03

Quote:
No, it was made in jest. But it does have to be hard on the team to lose/receive 5 new players at one time, especially when they have that trip coming up. I haven't looked at their schedule, so thanks Nate for letting me know about that.
You know, these things really need a sarcasm font...

sirloin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Hoping there will be a stream for tonight's game. Should be rockin'.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:37 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Hoping there will be a stream for tonight's game. Should be rockin'.

-ghoste
There should be. It's on Fox Sports-Southwest. Check your listings, it may be on TV in your area.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No tanking here.

Gudbranson making his AHL debut tonight, I hope he can knock off a lot of the rust, but if not any little bit should help.

Howboutthempanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Couldn't find a stream. Oh well, hope they win!

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No tanking here.

Guds and Petrovic getting some time together. I don't know how good they'll be together offensively or defensively but other teams will definitely pay a price when they're out there.

Howboutthempanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:09 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Directv channel 677. boring first period.

PBPantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:13 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
Directv channel 677. boring first period.
Thx I'm putting it on!

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:38 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Markstrom is huge. And he plays big. When he cuts off the angle jeeze there's nothing to shoot at.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:03 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Man Santorelli is getting alot of ice time.

PBPantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote