HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Is Alain Vigneault the worst coach in the NHL right now?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-29-2013, 02:17 PM
  #251
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
I don't want a coaching the flames because I think it would make them a better team.
why would they want to downgrade from Hartley to AV?

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:21 PM
  #252
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMicrowave View Post
To me, it seems AV just lets the players play their own game and have a calming influence and let the players play with ease, instead of panic and shout to all players who do one thing wrong. I sometimes wish he would go absolutely nuts when the Canucks are playing terrible but he might do that in the locker room, you never know.
Yes letting out your frustration by proxy through the coach is probably pretty common amongst fans. Hence the popularity of "blaming" coaches.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:22 PM
  #253
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
fantastic job on using Aaron Rome over Keith Ballard, using Ebbett instead of any nhl servicable player in the team, using useless players over useful players. It's lucky for him that Gillis is able to assemble one of the best canucks team in canucks history, allowing the team to win despite him.
Keith Ballard has been garbage for much of his time here. Couldnt play the system and unreliable. Rome in general has been fairly reliable.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:24 PM
  #254
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg
 
VinnyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 新香
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
I'm a Flames fan, so I'm always looking for a new reason to hate on the Canucks. But I can't get behind this OP at all.

Vigneualt is probably among the top ten best coaches in the league. I think Vancouver is confused about what a ****** coach looks like.
Maybe, haha. What grinds my gears about him is how slow he is to alter his game plan when things are going south. Doesn't change his mind until the score has changed too much.

VinnyC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:24 PM
  #255
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Keith Ballard has been garbage for much of his time here. Couldnt play the system and unreliable. Rome in general has been fairly reliable.
That is because he refuse to use him regularly, he is suited for a top 4 spot and AV mis-used him.

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:26 PM
  #256
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
Lets do a trade

Vigneault for Sacco

Then lets see who this thread gets made about
most of us disagree that AV is the worst coach in the nhl right now, however, he is not far from it. I certainly wouldn't do that trade obviously.

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:29 PM
  #257
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
That is because he refuse to use him regularly, he is suited for a top 4 spot and AV mis-used him.
No.

Ballard struggled to adapt to the system hence he didnt get the top four minutes. Didnt outplay hamhuis or edler at for any significant time over the last two years.

Ive already posted some links to Ballards "mental" issues he had since college.

Hopefully he worked through those now as hes looked good the past few games.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:30 PM
  #258
goodluckchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
What I learned from this thread:

- It is in fact better if a team does not win the president's trophy. Winning the PT is considered a minus to the coach, since winning games outside the playoffs is completely meaningless.

- A game-seven cup final run can be discredited after six games in a regular season.
AV has been here since 06 season, since then his playoff record is as follows:

2006-2007: lost in second round
2007-2008: Did not qualify
200809: lost in second round
200910: lost in second round
201011: choked in first round after being up 3 - 0, it had to go to a game 7 ot for the canucks to win. Then the team got absolutely demolished by the inferior Bruins and lost game 7 on home ice.
201112: lost in first round to an 8th seed

The core is aging, he has tried to run a great goalie out of town, he keeps looking clueless on the bench while chewing 10 gums at once, mismanges players injuries, mismanages player ice time, does not know how or when to adjust, tries to get everyone play to his system rather than the other way.

I am done with this guy.

goodluckchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:31 PM
  #259
Fire Lindy
Trust the System
 
Fire Lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
I'll gladly trade you guys Lindy Ruff for him.

Lindy has made the playoffs 4 times in the past 10 seasons, yeah he had success when he first took over but he had frigging Dominik Hasek between the pipes. It is absolutely remarkable that he still has a job despite being average/below average for the past decade. 15 years he's been our coach, how the heck is this guy still employed by us? He's still living off his initial success.

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:33 PM
  #260
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
No.

Ballard struggled to adapt to the system hence he didnt get the top four minutes. Didnt outplay hamhuis or edler at for any significant time over the last two years.

Ive already posted some links to Ballards "mental" issues he had since college.

Hopefully he worked through those now as hes looked good the past few games.
Right, I watched the game and there is no doubt that Rome is playing worse than Ballard. Even if that statement is false, then how do you explain other situation where AV decided to use fringe players over superior players in the lineup?

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:35 PM
  #261
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Lindy View Post
I'll gladly trade you guys Lindy Ruff for him.

Lindy has made the playoffs 4 times in the past 10 seasons, yeah he had success when he first took over but he had frigging Dominik Hasek between the pipes. It is absolutely remarkable that he still has a job despite being average/below average for the past decade. 15 years he's been our coach, how the heck is this guy still employed by us? He's still living off his initial success.
I would be upset if i am a buffalo fans too, i hope you guys find a new coach soon.

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:37 PM
  #262
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Who would replace him?



Exactly! Stop jumping ship after 5 games! And don't bring something like this venting thread to main boards, there are CLEARLY worse coaches in the NHL

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:38 PM
  #263
GetThePuckOut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,073
vCash: 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier Ouellet View Post
Hodgson had attitude problems and there were problems well beyond AV's power. Also he was injured for nearly 2 years.
Hodgson never had any attitude problems, that's the last thing that can be said about a guy like that. His family had a big problem with the organization's medical staff severely misdiagnosing his injury and hampering his development, which caused a riff between the two camps. That's perfectly understandable from Hodgson's perspective.

GetThePuckOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:42 PM
  #264
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
Right, I watched the game and there is no doubt that Rome is playing worse than Ballard. Even if that statement is false, then how do you explain other situation where AV decided to use fringe players over superior players in the lineup?
WTF are you even talking about? What game?

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:44 PM
  #265
serge2k
Registered User
 
serge2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
No.

Ballard struggled to adapt to the system hence he didnt get the top four minutes. Didnt outplay hamhuis or edler at for any significant time over the last two years.

Ive already posted some links to Ballards "mental" issues he had since college.

Hopefully he worked through those now as hes looked good the past few games.
Ballard has been given zero chances. He was a healthy scratch pretty much instantly.


Av continues to use him in a role he is just not suited for.

His handling of Ballard has been horrible from day 1.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:46 PM
  #266
serge2k
Registered User
 
serge2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Who would replace him?



Exactly! Stop jumping ship after 5 games! And don't bring something like this venting thread to main boards, there are CLEARLY worse coaches in the NHL
6 games.


Plus last playoffs.

Plus January forward of last year.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:47 PM
  #267
goodluckchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
Ballard has been given zero chances. He was a healthy scratch pretty much instantly.


Av continues to use him in a role he is just not suited for.

His handling of Ballard has been horrible from day 1.
This

A good coach gets the best out of his players. And a good coach adjusts his system to cater the players strengths. Av however likes only certain types of players cause he needs them to make his system work.

This just shows how poor of a coach you are.

Take a good look at the la Lakers. They have the worst possible coach for that team because he only has 1 system and if it fails, he looks clueless on the bench

goodluckchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:47 PM
  #268
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
I wish we could trade coaches
Deal.

Enjoy the Sedin twins and Kesler being used/treated as pieces of meat to block shots.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:48 PM
  #269
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
Ballard has been given zero chances. He was a healthy scratch pretty much instantly.


Av continues to use him in a role he is just not suited for.

His handling of Ballard has been horrible from day 1.
Nope. Ballard came in struggled to adapt. Got injured. Came back still struggled. Got injured again. Came back and still struggled.

Then he came back the next season and again struggled. If anything the nucks have been patient with him by not turfing him and it looks like its paying off.

Ballards issue is himself. Ill gladly post the link for you regarding his spazz outs in college.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:49 PM
  #270
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
6 games.


Plus last playoffs.

Plus January forward of last year.
you didn't answer the first question I had.... Who replaces him? Who would be a better coach that isn't working right now?


Last playoffs... where one of our best players was out most of the series? Just gotta clear that up. Didn't we give the Kings one of the harder rides when it comes to all their series too? All of that without D. Sedin to boot.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:50 PM
  #271
GetThePuckOut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,073
vCash: 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
why would they want to downgrade from Hartley to AV?
Hartley does seem to be a damn good coach so far. Most (if not all) Flames fans are thrilled to have him.

GetThePuckOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:50 PM
  #272
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodluckchuck View Post
This

A good coach gets the best out of his players. And a good coach adjusts his system to cater the players strengths. Av however likes only certain types of players cause he needs them to make his system work.

This just shows how poor of a coach you are.

Take a good look at the la Lakers. They have the worst possible coach for that team because he only has 1 system and if it fails, he looks clueless on the bench
Meanwhile back in reality...

No coach does this for each individual player.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:51 PM
  #273
Lemmiwinks
Registered User
 
Lemmiwinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodluckchuck View Post
AV has been here since 06 season, since then his playoff record is as follows:

2006-2007: lost in second round
2007-2008: Did not qualify
200809: lost in second round
200910: lost in second round
201011: choked in first round after being up 3 - 0, it had to go to a game 7 ot for the canucks to win. Then the team got absolutely demolished by the inferior Bruins and lost game 7 on home ice.
201112: lost in first round to an 8th seed

The core is aging, he has tried to run a great goalie out of town, he keeps looking clueless on the bench while chewing 10 gums at once, mismanges players injuries, mismanages player ice time, does not know how or when to adjust, tries to get everyone play to his system rather than the other way.

I am done with this guy.
See, here's the thing that might be hard for a lot of you to swallow: no matter who is coaching this team, the coach isn't the one playing the games.
This team has seen some considerable disappointments in recent years, and some fans find that the easiest way to deal with that is to blame AV. A lot of you are clinging to your belief that a stanley cup is as easy to swing as getting a new coach. It's not. A cup-winning team is an injury free team that clicks at the right time, has a hot goalie, and has a coach like AV who allows his team to perform at its best. Lets face it, AV suits this team. His cool composure mirrors that of our captain, and he's a fair distributor of minutes despite what many people think.

In short, I'm done with guys like you, but certainly not AV.

Lemmiwinks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:53 PM
  #274
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
Hartley does seem to be a damn good coach so far. Most (if not all) Flames fans are thrilled to have him.

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:55 PM
  #275
goodluckchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
See, here's the thing that might be hard for a lot of you to swallow: [b]no matter who is coaching this team, the coach isn't the one playing the games. [/b[
This team has seen some considerable disappointments in recent years, and some fans find that the easiest way to deal with that is to blame AV. A lot of you are clinging to your belief that a stanley cup is as easy to swing as getting a new coach. It's not. A cup-winning team is an injury free team that clicks at the right time, has a hot goalie, and has a coach like AV who allows his team to perform at its best. Lets face it, AV suits this team. His cool composure mirrors that of our captain, and he's a fair distributor of minutes despite what many people think.

In short, I'm done with guys like you, but certainly not AV.
UM...??

The coach implements the game plan and tells their players what to do. If the player doesn't do what the coach says to do, they will get put in the dog house.

I'm sorry, but I don't see your argument here what so ever.

goodluckchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.