HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Desharnais

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Habs Junkie

vCash: 500
David Desharnais

I'm going back and fourth with some Habs fans over the value of David Desharnais. Would anyone of you want him in a trade? What would you be willing to give up? And is there a top 2 line center in the league that you would trade Desharnais for in a 1 for 1 deal?

Old
01-29-2013, 12:18 PM
Mahleezer

I was wondering when this would come up...

Guys relax, so he started the year slowly big deal, the team is still winning.

And besides he's still working hard, the results will come!

Damn you guys have a short fuse... three games without a goal and it's trade his arse!!!

Let me guess let's keep Bourque now cause he's a beast??

Prust is amazing... until he geos pontless in 3 games?

Come on!!

Old
01-29-2013, 12:25 PM
OCPenguin

I don't get this one. Solid player for Montreal off to a slow start. One point in four games isn't a reason to jettison this kid out of Montreal. Have some patience. If everyone wanted to trade the guys off to bad starts, there would be some very significant names on the block.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Habs Junkie

I thought the same thing last year though, his bad start just validates my thoughts on him. Still waiting for a valid trade proposal though

Old
01-29-2013, 12:38 PM
jpchabby

He's not the only one who's not having the best start ever, it's his entire line. Pacioretty and Cole haven't had amazing stats since the season started either. Let's just wait a little. Right now Plekanec's line works well, and so does Galchenyuk's. It's only a matter of time before Desharnais' starts producing too.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:41 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I don't think he's the kind of player you go out of your way to try to trade. There aren't going to be teams lining up for 5'7" centers. All you can do is undersell/dump him. And he's worth more to the Habs than that. It's not like the Habs have anybody else to call up or replace him with. Just sit tight, let him ride it out, sooner or later his line will get on the board more again.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Dharvey33

I think a team who needs badly some offense could go as far as trading a good prospect plus a pick for him but that's about it.

It will take some time for Desharnais to earn a nhl cred since he is small.

It's pretty much top 6 or nothing for him.

If i had to choose between Eller, DD, Plekanec to move i'd move Desharnais first but the one with the more value is Plekanec. It would depend on the offer.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:41 PM
chuck1984

Why are people so uptight and yelling at the guy for making this thread? He asked the value of DD. Never once did he say ''We should trade him!''. FFS chill people!

Old
01-29-2013, 01:42 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 670
Would rather move Eller

Old
01-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Sawyer
Wheeeee

One slow start with a good season on offence doesn't indicate a pattern
If he repeats it multiple times than we can say that he's a slow starter vs over-achieving for a portion of once season

Old
01-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck1984 View Post
Why are people so uptight and yelling at the guy for making this thread? He asked the value of DD. Never once did he say ''We should trade him!''. FFS chill people!
Good point. Independent of Habs board background (there is a thread there on DD already), the OP asked explicitly if other teams would be interested and if so what they might offer. We Habs fans should probably sit back and see what the other teams have to say, rather than carry our Habs forum debate over here...

Old
01-29-2013, 01:56 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Montreal fans arguing about the value of a player--this could be fun to watch

Old
01-29-2013, 02:48 PM
jpchabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck1984 View Post
You're right. Sorry :p

I don't think his value is very high. As good a season as he got last year, he's still a small forward, not a physical one like Gerbe. So unless someone really needs offense, he wouldn't fetch much. Something like a prospect and a pick, and even then, not a high pick nor an A prospect.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:51 PM
robbiezyg

Wont get much for him... he had one good year last year.. thats it.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:54 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiezyg View Post
That's true!!! but it's pretty hard to get 2 good year when you only play one season so far...

Old
01-29-2013, 02:58 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Actually, he's been good since he entered in the NHL.

And he has 2-points in 4-games. That's not THAT bad. He's still tied for 54th in PPG for centres so far this year, and that includes a few wingers as well.

All it takes is a big game vs the Jets and he's he's right back to a PPG. Really, hating on this kid after 4-games is ridiculous.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:05 PM
robbiezyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
That's true!!! but it's pretty hard to get 2 good year when you only play one season so far...
and at 26 that should raise some red flags

Old
01-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Actually, he's been good since he entered in the NHL.

And he has 2-points in 4-games. That's not THAT bad. He's still tied for 54th in PPG for centres so far this year, and that includes a few wingers as well.

All it takes is a big game vs the Jets and he's he's right back to a PPG. Really, hating on this kid after 4-games is ridiculous.
2 points as the 2nd passer on power plays. And tied for 54 th place among centres ?

Anyways, seems no other fan base is coming in here saying we want Desharnais on our top 2 lines, or ill swap my 2nd line center for him. I'll give it some more time I guess

Old
01-29-2013, 03:07 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
2 points as the 2nd passer on power plays. And tied for 54 th place among centres ?

Anyways, seems no other fan base is coming in here saying we want Desharnais on our top 2 lines, or ill swap my 2nd line center for him. I'll give it some more time I guess
Well you said that Desharnais isn't a top-6 center, yet his PPG proves otherwise.

I don't know what Desharnais did to you, but it's pretty funny regardless.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Well you said that Desharnais isn't a top-6 center, yet his PPG proves otherwise.

I don't know what Desharnais did to you, but it's pretty funny regardless.
.5 ppg in 4 games proves what exactly? I asked a question in this thread, if you can't answer it move along.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Bieber fever

Fird round pick

Old
01-29-2013, 03:39 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
and at 26 that should raise some red flags
Red flags?

Not everyone in this league is an RNH that can play at 18. Players take different paths. At 5'7", teams weren't just going to give a roster spot, he took a long time earning it.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:43 PM
robbiezyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
Red flags?

Not everyone in this league is an RNH that can play at 18. Players take different paths. At 5'7", teams weren't just going to give a roster spot, he took a long time earning it.
Thats fine but for a guy that has only played one full season on a team that finished 3rd last?

Old
01-29-2013, 03:48 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Thats fine but for a guy that has only played one full season on a team that finished 3rd last?
I guess I just don't agree that there are "Red flags", which to me imply something behind the scenes, some unknown reason why he got he got off to a slow start. There is no mystery with Desharnais - he's 5'7". He will be physically outmatched. And he's just off to a slow start. He's not the only player in the league off to a slow start.

If you want to argue whether he has a place on your team based his strengths and weaknesses, that's fine, but there are no red flags - DD is honest player.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:56 PM
robbiezyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
I guess I just don't agree that there are "Red flags", which to me imply something behind the scenes, some unknown reason why he got he got off to a slow start. There is no mystery with Desharnais - he's 5'7". He will be physically outmatched. And he's just off to a slow start. He's not the only player in the league off to a slow start.

If you want to argue whether he has a place on your team based his strengths and weaknesses, that's fine, but there are no red flags - DD is honest player.
are you kidding? this thread is about his value.. not why he got off to a slow start. I'm saying he doesn't have much value because he has had one good season... thats it. I wouldn't want my team to acquire him because he hasn't done a thing in this league.. and I sure wouldn't give anything up for him either.

Closed Thread