HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

CCM RBZ: General Info from users...

Old
01-28-2013, 05:32 PM
hctopcheds11

vCash: 500
CCM RBZ: General Info from users...

So looking to find out more about the RBZ. From feeling when and taking a look at it, it seems like a really nice stick. Coming from being a Bauer Vapor user for a good majority of my career (my second real good one piece was the XX when that was top of the line and have had literally every stick in the line since), how does the RBZ compare?

My concerns are mainly around puck feel due to not having foams in the blade. Can anyone tell me how the puck feel is. Also, I'm mainly a snap shot shooter who is good in tight. With the flex essentially following your predominant hand, you'd think it would be good for essentially any shot. Looking for more info on how the snap shots come off the stick though...

Thanks in advance!

hctopcheds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:00 AM
r3cc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyg26 View Post
So looking to find out more about the RBZ. From feeling when and taking a look at it, it seems like a really nice stick. Coming from being a Bauer Vapor user for a good majority of my career (my second real good one piece was the XX when that was top of the line and have had literally every stick in the line since), how does the RBZ compare?

My concerns are mainly around puck feel due to not having foams in the blade. Can anyone tell me how the puck feel is. Also, I'm mainly a snap shot shooter who is good in tight. With the flex essentially following your predominant hand, you'd think it would be good for essentially any shot. Looking for more info on how the snap shots come off the stick though...

Thanks in advance!
personally its not a stick for me...

the puck comes off hot, but mostly because the blade is so stiff

I like a tactile feeling blade, but forgiving... I recieve passes by first deadening a the puck rather than just cradling it completely... and the RBZ is just awful for dampening

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:33 AM
TieClark

I've never used it but I've heard nothing but good things

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:18 AM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

I have never used it in a game, just shooting around. but like mentioned in post #2, the puck comes off VERY hot. Best shooting stick I have ever used! Accurate, quick off the blade and hard.

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

To further my post, I am also a snap shot shooter, and this is where i found the stick really shined! Go find a Pro Hockey Life and shoot around in their range. If it wasn't for the Ai9 being half off, I would have gone home with the RBZ.

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:56 PM
hctopcheds11

Thanks everyone whose responded so far.

Everything I've read about shooting has been positive. I really need more information about puck feel and receiving passes. Those are two things that are really important to me.

So any users that can note puck feel and how it takes passes.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:58 PM
jsykes

The puck feel is different with the stick since there is no foam core in it. I find it a lively feel, but not terrible. I have three employees all using the stick and they have all said that it takes a little bit to get used to the different feel, but in the end all really like it and really like the way it performs which is worth getting used to the different feel of the blade.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Ruhnie

Quote:
Thanks everyone whose responded so far.

Everything I've read about shooting has been positive. I really need more information about puck feel and receiving passes. Those are two things that are really important to me.

So any users that can note puck feel and how it takes passes.
I found the blade to be fine for puck feel, but not excellent. I consider the Bauer sticks as the holy grail of puck feel, so it's not quite up to that standard. Not the worst feel by any means, and I certainly didn't notice anything like pucks popping off the blade on receiving passes or anything. Unfortunately I broke mine a couple of months back and haven't had the desire to drop another $250, but I did enjoy my time with the RBZ for sure.

Ruhnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:22 PM
hctopcheds11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhnie View Post
I found the blade to be fine for puck feel, but not excellent. I consider the Bauer sticks as the holy grail of puck feel, so it's not quite up to that standard. Not the worst feel by any means, and I certainly didn't notice anything like pucks popping off the blade on receiving passes or anything. Unfortunately I broke mine a couple of months back and haven't had the desire to drop another $250, but I did enjoy my time with the RBZ for sure.
Thanks a ton!

Anyone else have any experience and can speak to puck feel on thr ccm rbz?

Old
02-01-2013, 01:21 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

vCash: 50
i have been using rbk and/or stelths for a good 2 years and i just started using the RBZ and I LOVE IT. i have order 2 more because i dont want to ever use another stick. i honestly feel like the puck comes off my stick 10-15% faster, the flex point is perfect for me. i had to stop shooting in warm ups for a few ice times because i couldnt control the puck with how quick it was coming off. I feel likei have pretty good control now. But like another poster said, give it a shot at the store.

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:00 PM
hctopcheds11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
i have been using rbk and/or stelths for a good 2 years and i just started using the RBZ and I LOVE IT. i have order 2 more because i dont want to ever use another stick. i honestly feel like the puck comes off my stick 10-15% faster, the flex point is perfect for me. i had to stop shooting in warm ups for a few ice times because i couldnt control the puck with how quick it was coming off. I feel likei have pretty good control now. But like another poster said, give it a shot at the store.
Unfortunately where I live I don't have the option.

Overall I've heard nothing negative about shooting with it but my only concern left is all around puck feel.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:17 PM
kento19
@kento19

I just got an RBZ Saturday. Loved it right from opening warmup Saturday night. It's better than my old RBK 11k. The way it comes off the blade is unlike any stick i've used before.

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:57 PM
hctopcheds11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekento19 View Post
I just got an RBZ Saturday. Loved it right from opening warmup Saturday night. It's better than my old RBK 11k. The way it comes off the blade is unlike any stick i've used before.
How's the blade when stick handling? Also, does it play soft when receiving passes?

Old
02-04-2013, 04:15 PM
hockeymass

I used it a demo event last summer. I was really excited to try it, but after 10-15 minutes with it I wasn't too impressed. The puck feel was not very good, imo, and the shooting performance wasn't good enough to outweigh the dead blade. I'm also confused as to why A) the grip is so grippy and B) they didn't bother to make a non grip version. I know you could probably peel the grip off, but I'm not trying to do that to a $250 stick.

hockeymass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Nail Yakupov
Russian Rocket 2.0

Love the Weight, love the design, love the release you can get off of it.

Recieving passes was difficult at first, it gets marked up real easily,

Nail Yakupov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:11 PM
AIREAYE

^Traitor, you're supposed to be with Warrior!

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:09 AM
kento19
@kento19

Quote:
How's the blade when stick handling? Also, does it play soft when receiving passes?
My stick handling was better than it was with my 11k and s14. I guess it's all personal preferance but i noticed i was picking up passes on my backhand better than ever before which you wouldn't expect based on some reviews.

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:34 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Just bought one and used it for the first time last night. It is very lively, the puck comes off pretty hot. Did not have a problem handling passes but I've been using a big hook for a long time so I know how to cradle them. 6 foot, 190 lbs and went with a Landeskog 75 flex, which is the lowest flex I've ever used in 20 years of hockey. I was using an 80 flex Combat 52Cal Coffey curve so not that much of a difference. The one issue I did have was I used white tape on the blade, have always used black and it just seemed different when I was puckhandling. It was like the puck was by itself, I guess I'm used to seeing a black blade with black tape. And I was so excited to try it I failed to put it next to my old stick to see if it was too short or too long, it was about 2 inches too short so I'll have to put a small butt end in it. Play again on Friday and I'm excited to see how it performs when it's normal height for me. My initial impression was similar to the first time I tried a one piece stick when the original Synergy came out. When the puck comes off your stick the first time you suddenly don't mind the price tag.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:28 PM
samsquanch9*

I HATED the RBZ. I had the landeskog curve and it was just so akward for me.. hard to take passes and hard to control the puck. I don't think the stick is bad though, just the curve wasn't right for me.

samsquanch9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:09 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post
I HATED the RBZ. I had the landeskog curve and it was just so akward for me.. hard to take passes and hard to control the puck. I don't think the stick is bad though, just the curve wasn't right for me.
Then why not just say you hated the curve instead of the stick?

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:55 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
What kind of curve were you using before? I've been using the coffey curve for a long time, then went to the Gaborik/Chara/Roy.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:00 PM
SCBruCrew4

OP, if you don't like it and are a lefty feel free to get in touch with me...I'll take it! LOL!

SCBruCrew4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:10 PM
samsquanch9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Then why not just say you hated the curve instead of the stick?
Because I've used a ton of sticks and never felt as akward as with that stick, my favourite curve is the backstrom and they look similiar so I'm not 100% sure if it's the stick or the curve I didn't like.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:12 PM
samsquanch9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
What kind of curve were you using before? I've been using the coffey curve for a long time, then went to the Gaborik/Chara/Roy.
Before the RBZ was using the backstrom curve, using backstrom now.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:31 PM
jsykes

Quote:
Before the RBZ was using the backstrom curve, using backstrom now.
You'd want the Nugent-Hopkins then in CCM.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote