HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL 2012-13

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Komisarek did something stupid and got fiberglass shard in his eye

No details on what stupid thing he did or severity of injury

Old
01-29-2013, 01:14 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 501
ugh.... I have a huge phobia about eye-related damage, to the point where I wince when I see someone so much as scratch at their eyes. Shivered just reading that....

Old
01-29-2013, 01:22 PM
WarriorofTime

vCash: 500
It looks like Detroit and Nashville aren't as good as the last couple years, which is good since it makes our division less competitive.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:38 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 501
Oh, and we're two days away from the effective deadline for the NHL to finalize a new Yotes owner before Glendale's sweetheart arena deal offer expires.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:39 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Just speculating but a lot of times I see a puck shatter a section of glass, a player will come over with his stick and start knocking it down. I've always wondered why exactly...the arena has hired trained professionals to deal with those situations. And they don't deal with them by looking up at the glass and shoveling toward their faces with a hockey stick.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Cullksinikers

Can't wait until Phoenix moves. The fans in the Phoenix area don't deserve to have a team. A good team, reasonable tickets, and a newer arena would get tons of fans 90 percent elsewhere. I'd like to see a team in Seattle. That'd be awesome. I'd totally fly to Seattle to see the Hawks. Already planning on checking out Winnipeg when the Hawks are there if it works out with me being home for college.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:58 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Why in the world would you want to go to Winnipeg?

You can get to Toronto in under 8 hours from the city, if you drive fast enough and plan it so you don't drive through traffic. Under 6 for Minneapolis. And those are just two options you could consider that would be drivable... but hey, to each their own.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:11 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Komisarek did something stupid and got fiberglass shard in his eye

No details on what stupid thing he did or severity of injury
Only thing I can think of is, he smashed his stick over a post or something and a piece of his stick got him in the eye.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:21 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Toronto is amazing. Minneapolis is alright. Never been to the Peg, but I hear... not great things.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:23 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Toronto is amazing. Minneapolis is alright. Never been to the Peg, but I hear... not great things.
Yeah, but if you're on more of a budget, Minneapolis would be great too... especially since you can get there in like 5.5 hours from the city with no traffic and decent weather.

Honestly don't see any reason to ever go to the Peg, unless you seriously have a desire to visit every single NHL stadium... which doesn't have the same appeal as seeing every MLB stadium.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:27 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
At 21, you can make any city tolerable. But Toronto... go see a game in Toronto. Seriously, it's unlike anything you've ever experienced.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:32 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
At 21, you can make any city tolerable. But Toronto... go see a game in Toronto. Seriously, it's unlike anything you've ever experienced.
Even seeing a preseason game there was nuts.

Montreal is another excellent option.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Cullksinikers

I'm seeing the Hawks everywhere. I am going to visit a family friend in Lake Placid someday and knocking out Montreal when we drive up from there when we face them at the Bell Centre next. And I do want to go to Toronto. That was another place I was thinking of for sure. Minnesota wouldn't be hard to go to. My spring break doesn't cooperate with the schedule. I am not sure if I'll get to fly to a game this year. That's why I wanted to drive to Columbus Saturday, but it did not work out with the original people I had discussed going with.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:46 PM
coldsteelonice84

I am going to see them all eventually, only have 4 down so far though.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:46 PM
Cullksinikers

My family's vacation money is going into season tickets and into sports-included vacations. We can go spend a week on the beach in Florida, but I better get to see a Hawks game down there one of those nights. Hope I can find a wife that will agree to that.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I am going to see them all eventually, only have 4 down so far though.
Yeah, I have knocked out Chicago, Vancouver, and Nashville. One I am on my own, I will have less people holding me back.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:51 PM
RayP

To each their own, but going to each NHL stadium isn't anything I'd care to do in the least. It's not like they have such distinctive personalities like baseball stadiums. There are really only 3 cities/stadiums I'd like to eventually see. The Leafs, Habs, and Caps.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:55 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
My family's vacation money is going into season tickets and into sports-included vacations. We can go spend a week on the beach in Florida, but I better get to see a Hawks game down there one of those nights. Hope I can find a wife that will agree to that.

That should definitely help you knock out some.

Quote:
Yeah, I have knocked out Chicago, Vancouver, and Nashville. One I am on my own, I will have less people holding me back.
That's where time and money become an issue. The more money you make, the more they want you to stay around. Either way, it's obstacle but obviously it can and will be done by anyone who wants it and has the patience. Still, this is a lifetime endeavor for me, trying to do 1 a year.

Not counting Chicago, I've been to Phoenix, Minnesota, St. Louis and Columbus, Hawks won all 4 games so far too. Guess which one I did with my Dad years ago and which ones I paid for everything? I didn't stay local for the rivalries, lol.

Top spots I want to get to:
Montreal
Toronto
Vancouver
Philly
NY (never been there)

Old
01-29-2013, 02:57 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
To each their own, but going to each NHL stadium isn't anything I'd care to do in the least. It's not like they have such distinctive personalities like baseball stadiums. There are really only 3 cities/stadiums I'd like to eventually see. The Leafs, Habs, and Caps.
It's just a novelty, see the Hawks play in every stadium. It has to be the Hawks though. It wouldn't mean anything to me otherwise and half of them are within driving distance so it's a cheap vacation to throw in here or there.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:59 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
It's just a novelty, see the Hawks play in every stadium. It has to be the Hawks though. It wouldn't mean anything to me otherwise and half of them are within driving distance so it's a cheap vacation to throw in here or there.
Gotcha, and that's a really cool thing if you can do it. Me personally, I'd rather be stuck watching the Hawks on tv, but being able to take a vacation elsewhere. If I can do a trip to Toronto or Montreal AND see the Hawks, then **** yeah... but I'm not going to Calgary for a trip and to see the Hawks.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:08 PM
TwistedWrister90

I'd rather go to MSG over anywhere else. A trip to NY and a Hawks Rangers game would be awesome. Plus the Isles and Devils are close.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:09 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Gotcha, and that's a really cool thing if you can do it. Me personally, I'd rather be stuck watching the Hawks on tv, but being able to take a vacation elsewhere. If I can do a trip to Toronto or Montreal AND see the Hawks, then **** yeah... but I'm not going to Calgary for a trip and to see the Hawks.
Oh yeah, where money is remotely close, I'm going south for a vacation. In years where the money and vacation time isn't there, it's a solid plan B to get a group of people into a car and take a road trip to see a couple games in a couple new cities.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Cullksinikers

I want to hit every Original Six place first then move next to newer arenas/markets like Winnipeg.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

vCash: 547
Quote:
It is unlike anything your wallet will ever experience as well. Saw the Hawks there in '11, lowers were just over $500 each.

Fun city though. Also can find decently priced flights out of Midway on Porter, direct to downtown Toronto. Not having to deal with O'Hare and Pearson is a big win.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

vCash: 547
Quote:
I want to hit every Original Six place first then move next to newer arenas/markets like Winnipeg.
You should hit up the Canadian cities once you turn 19 and then work on the US cities once you turn 21. Definitely hold off on Boston until you are 21, some great bars in that city.

Closed Thread