HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dennis Seidenberg

Old
01-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 500
Dennis Seidenberg

I've been a big Seidenberg fan for a long time. Moreso on rep, limited exposure during your Stanley Cup run and Olympics. I know he is signed through 2014 @ a current cap hit of $3.25M w/ a limited NTC. With Dougie Hamilton now on the roster, does that make DS at least realistically available? I realize for a trade to be made we would have to shell out more than scraps. We have a bevy of forward prospects, and #5-7 defensemen. Devin Setoguchi has been a subject of many(well all) trade props here the past week. I'm sure we could even work something with fan favorite Cal Clutterbuck. I'm not going to even try to set up a proposal as I am not sure what Boston needs/wants.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

With a thin Defensive prospect pool and not much help at the pro level I doubt he is available.

and he is mentoring Hamilton it seems

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Again, with every defenseman on this roster, we need to get a better one back than the one we're trading.

Hard to do that with Seids. He's valued very highly by the fans and organization. He's not available, it's going to take much more than anyone would want to give up.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:10 PM
Number8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
Again, with every defenseman on this roster, we need to get a better one back than the one we're trading.

Hard to do that with Seids. He's valued very highly by the fans and organization. He's not available, it's going to take much more than anyone would want to give up.
I agree. Chiarelli would have to be offered something decent just to take the call -- Seidenberg is that critical to Boston's defense.

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:36 PM
weaponomega

Honestly not a single Bruins defenseman is available unless the other team is willing to give up a superior defenseman to the one they are acquiring.

weaponomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

So it's the nothing to see here, move along situation? That is actually what I expected, cuz I'd be saying the same thing if the roles were reversed. Disappointed, but not surprised.

Hey wait we have Steve Kampfer in the organization. He played well in his brief stint with the Bruins. C'mon you know you wanna.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:04 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Dennis Seidenberg is a great dman. I'd say he's underrated by everyone, including Bruins fans.

He blocks shots, he'll level people, he can score, a nice first pass, a leader, he can play all situations and he's a rock defensively.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:13 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
I've been a big Seidenberg fan for a long time. Moreso on rep, limited exposure during your Stanley Cup run and Olympics. I know he is signed through 2014 @ a current cap hit of $3.25M w/ a limited NTC. With Dougie Hamilton now on the roster, does that make DS at least realistically available? I realize for a trade to be made we would have to shell out more than scraps. We have a bevy of forward prospects, and #5-7 defensemen. Devin Setoguchi has been a subject of many(well all) trade props here the past week. I'm sure we could even work something with fan favorite Cal Clutterbuck. I'm not going to even try to set up a proposal as I am not sure what Boston needs/wants.
Arron Johnson has already played too many games for the B's this season if that helps answer the question....

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
Arron Johnson has already played too many games for the B's this season if that helps answer the question....
When I looked on capgeek and saw him in your blueline top 7 I already knew the answer. But had to ask anyway. Cuz you never know. Maybe Seidenberg was caught wearing a NY Yankers cap in public and y'all were prepping the tar and feathers for him. Ooh i know what I'll get Dennis for his birthday.

Unrelated: Could you even buy Yankee gear in Boston?

Old
01-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Dennis Seidenberg is a great dman. I'd say he's underrated by everyone, including Bruins fans.

He blocks shots, he'll level people, he can score, a nice first pass, a leader, he can play all situations and he's a rock defensively.
I think he is our 2nd best D-Man

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote