HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Omark Thread: Willing to play in the AHL?

Old
01-29-2013, 03:34 PM
McClelland

vCash: 500
Omark won on ko the rematch against the goalie Ronnie Reuger in tonights game against kloten. Ev zug came back from 0-2 and won 3-2 omark with the Gwg.
He had also 1a in the game , so now he have 41gp 15g 41a 56p 1 point behind the leader.

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:39 PM
I see only darkness

Still a shame he is not in the NHL somewhere.

I see only darkness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:41 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
(Mod) Update 40gp 14g 40a 54p

Tried to find some clip about the goalie vs omark incident, but swiss media doesnt let foreigners watch the recaps. Ronnie Reuger is a well known maniac (he has time to mature hes only 39 years old). Omark tried some kind of spin around (missed) and came inside the goalie area, Ronnie Reuger got furious and took a swing with the stick at omarks back. omark gave something in return. Both got 2 minutes, Reuger still in the goal and won the game for his team.

Read in swedish media that omark have some sort of pain in the backside of his thigh.
Swedish coach has named him for the swedish hockey games 7-10 february, the coach said hes waiting on omark to thursday this week because he want him in the team, he said; we must have the courage to have guys in the team who dont follow the normal structure of the game, also dont follow my structure.(about omark)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSDue98oU5Q
Ronnie Reuger beats up Damien Brunner (2 games suspension) a couple of months ago. Ron Hextall 2.0

Thanks for that! Been going nuts trying to find out wtf happened

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:05 PM
McClelland

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Thanks for that! Been going nuts trying to find out wtf happened
saw a interview with omark today when he says that the whole thing wasnt that much and it has been blown up way to much. But it always happens something around this guy, latest is a twitter fight with a former coach for team sweden (long back) and now "hockey expert" on tv knowned for his dislikes of individual players, he said on twitter about the latest team sweden roster something about " How many chances would they give that omark guy". Omark answered and the wordwar started.

https://twitter.com/LBoork

http://www.kuriren.nu/nyheter/defaul...icleid=6726820

http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...---pa-twitter/

In swedish though! google translate!?

Old
01-30-2013, 02:32 AM
LaGu

Quote:
saw a interview with omark today when he says that the whole thing wasnt that much and it has been blown up way to much. But it always happens something around this guy, latest is a twitter fight with a former coach for team sweden (long back) and now "hockey expert" on tv knowned for his dislikes of individual players, he said on twitter about the latest team sweden roster something about " How many chances would they give that omark guy". Omark answered and the wordwar started.

https://twitter.com/LBoork

http://www.kuriren.nu/nyheter/defaul...icleid=6726820

http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...---pa-twitter/

In swedish though! google translate!?
I don't like Boork one bit but I think his record still justifies being a hockey expert... Almost 20 years of experience as head coach in the SEL, about 10 years in Sweden's second league and 2 years as head coach of the national team. If that's not an hockey expert I don't know what is.

edit.
(Paraphrasing) The twitter exchange between Boork and Omark:
Boork - How many chances in TK (national team) will Omark get?
Omark - You are so competent and knowledgeable Leif.
Boork - So are you, never taking advise from anyone save yourself.
Omark - You know me so well, who I am listening to and taking advice from. But of course you're the expert so one should listen to you.
Boork - Your record in the last 5 games for the national team is 5GP 0G 0A -4. You have not impressed me. I assess what I observe.

Last edited by LaGu: 01-30-2013 at 02:44 AM.
LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:02 AM
McClelland

Sure he knows hockey,but his ideas isnt updated for decades! He is a paper coach who likes the collective, and has benched "stars" in teams he had before as a standard move. The twitter fight is kindergarten level, i mean you can think what you want but fact is that Linus has one of the best records in the national team and world cup amongst the current players. Bork himself has one championship as a coach in sel 30 years back and he was headcoach when sweden was 6 in the wc 1985 worse ever, they only won against west and east germany. He was also coach in norway so i have experiences from him before. He has never played hockey himself, and thats a big minus in my book.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:22 AM
83Hemsky83

I haven't seen Linus play but I really don't like his play. He is too small he does what Teemu H. does. The difference is TH is tough and holds his own.

As far as im concerned LO has been replaced with someone much stronger and more willing to play a team game.

83Hemsky83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:41 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Sure he knows hockey,but his ideas isnt updated for decades! He is a paper coach who likes the collective, and has benched "stars" in teams he had before as a standard move. The twitter fight is kindergarten level, i mean you can think what you want but fact is that Linus has one of the best records in the national team and world cup amongst the current players. Bork himself has one championship as a coach in sel 30 years back and he was headcoach when sweden was 6 in the wc 1985 worse ever, they only won against west and east germany. He was also coach in norway so i have experiences from him before. He has never played hockey himself, and thats a big minus in my book.
He wouldn't be the first head coach of the national team to tank in a tournament. The year before he led SWE to the final in Canada Cup, against Canada which was hardly expected (SWE in the finals I mean, CAN was expected to be there of course)...

In the end you don't have to have been a success as a coach to be an expert. It's about being able to talk from experience (at least for experts who has been in the game) and that he can do.

edit: Anyway, off topic. I'll stop.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:17 AM
McClelland

Yeaah we dont need to discuss boork, but an expert who judge a player on the last 5 games when his record in team sweden says otherwise and ripping off the swiss leuage. The guy doesnt like the type of player that omark zuccarello represent.
He would look very stupid if omark makes a good tournament and with omarks history of a underdog, its a huge risk for boork that omark is gonna shine. I dont know what channel who send oddset hockey games , if its boorks channel, it must be very strange commentating a player who you hang out on social media like that.
Lol! Have a feeling that this was rocket fuel for omark

Ps. remember a "expert called him fat in tv and asked if he eating marsmallows the day long. Omark called him a looser in a little media storm.
The next game omark played, they won 8-2 and omark had great evening.
then the followed up with this in the press!

http://www.nsd.se/sport/artikel.aspx?articleid=4055130

Old
01-30-2013, 10:45 AM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Hemsky83 View Post
I haven't seen Linus play but I really don't like his play.

NAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:23 PM
McClelland

Omark continues his mission in switzerland! Tonight 1+3 in a 6-1 win at home. He is now nr 1 in points with 42gp 16g 44a 60 points 3 before brunner(still in second) and metropolit also 57p, the 4th guy is 15 p behind. everybody know it isnt the the best leuage in europe, but ripping it off like that, should secure him a shot in the nhl, and give us a 3 pick

Old
02-01-2013, 05:36 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Omark continues his mission in switzerland! Tonight 1+3 in a 6-1 win at home. He is now nr 1 in points with 42gp 16g 44a 60 points 3 before brunner(still in second) and metropolit also 57p, the 4th guy is 15 p behind. everybody know it isnt the the best leuage in europe, but ripping it off like that, should secure him a shot in the nhl, and give us a 3 pick
Ya, there's gotta be someone calling about him this summer.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:46 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Ya, there's gotta be someone calling about him this summer.
Does Omark have a out in his contract, or do they have to wait till the end of the season. A couple of teams might take a chance on him, maybe Detroit.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:10 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Does Omark have a out in his contract, or do they have to wait till the end of the season. A couple of teams might take a chance on him, maybe Detroit.
I'm 99.9% sure he doesn't have an out. I'm sure they'd release him if there was a deal and contract ready though

Old
02-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Beautiful.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 07:19 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
hahahahahahahaha .. what a clown. Who the hell plays hockey like that? Love the kid.

NAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 02:59 AM
Ragan

Looks like Omark turned down the national team for Oddset Hockey Games due to an injury.
Cant be too bad considering he scored 4 points yesterday.

http://www.kuriren.nu/nyheter/defaul...icleid=6730509

Ragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:55 PM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

Call me crazy but i wouldn't mind Omark back on the Oilers to see if could inject something into the 3rd line... there's basically nothing there offensively.

Smyth, Horcoff, Harti, MPS, Belanger etc... all are decent defensively but basically all stone hands at the NHL level. I think having Omark in there would inject some spark. I know it's just a pipedream and he's almost 100% certain not to play with the Oilers but I still think it's worth another shot.

nexttothemoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:45 PM
McClelland

Omark ahead with 5p now, seems he gonna win in swiss now!
He have a better average without Brunner and Zetterberg, but he doesnt need to play against NHL first liners either.

Linus Omark EV Zug 43gp 16g 46a 62p

2 ass tonight in a 4-1 away win!

Old
02-03-2013, 07:26 AM
helicecopter

Quote:
He have a better average without Brunner and Zetterberg, but ..
but he was only producing because of Zett & Brunner!

helicecopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:19 PM
LaGu

Quote:
He have a better average without Brunner and Zetterberg, but he doesnt need to play against NHL first liners either.

Linus Omark EV Zug 43gp 16g 46a 62p

2 ass tonight in a 4-1 away win!
Is he going to win or is his team going to win?

That Z and Brunner were not the keys to his production I think was clear, but with or without them, it's still the Swiss league...

Old
02-03-2013, 12:22 PM
McClelland

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
Is he going to win or is his team going to win?

That Z and Brunner were not the keys to his production I think was clear, but with or without them, it's still the Swiss league...
You didnt understand that i meant the scoring leuage, i dont think the team will be swiss champions! They have a oiler kind of defence!
Ripping off the swiss leuage is going to give omark a 2 shot in the Nhl, pretty sure about that! Cheap and no risk, can be high rewarded.

Old
02-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Broilers

Our 3rd Line Needs Scoring Touch

I decided not to start a new thread since I have been wrong on Linus Omark. He is leading scoring in Switzerland:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=94565

3rd line needs to produce also. It is not enough that they are just preventing other team to score. Horcoff is -1 and Smyth is -2. If we can add Omark to 3rd line they can make it even.

Let us bring him here when season is over in Switzerland and offer him 2-3 year one way deal in the off season. He will sign cheap.

Broilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broilers View Post
I decided not to start a new thread since I have been wrong on Linus Omark. He is leading scoring in Switzerland:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=94565

3rd line needs to produce also. It is not enough that they are just preventing other team to score. Horcoff is -1 and Smyth is -2. If we can add Omark to 3rd line they can make it even.

Let us bring him here when season is over in Switzerland and offer him 2-3 year one way deal in the off season. He will sign cheap.
There's a huge Omark thread lurking on Page 2. I think he's UFA after this year anyway, and the relationship between him and management is not cordial.

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote