HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread XIV

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 09:12 PM
dave babych returns

vCash: 500
Good post.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:11 PM
Jevo

Nicklas Jensen is having shoulder pain and isn't playing in todays match.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:34 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
that sucks.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:48 PM
PRNuck

Quote:
Too much of this:

Old
01-29-2013, 01:05 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Could this be related to the shoulder issue he had last year, if I remember correctly?

Old
01-29-2013, 01:06 PM
YogiCanucks

but.. but... it's Torsdag

Old
01-29-2013, 01:08 PM
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
but.. but... it's Torsdag
Tisdag! Fingers crossed we see him on Torsdag!

Old
01-29-2013, 01:09 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Too much of this:
Ha yeah, too much goal scoring and celebrating

Old
01-29-2013, 01:27 PM
Tiranis

Ludwig Blomstrand scored a goal and added an assist and is now up to 11 goals and 3 assists in 19 games since the trade. Might be time to start getting a little bit excited about his potential.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:28 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Ludwig Blomstrand scored a goal and added an assist and is now up to 11 goals and 3 assists in 19 games since the trade. Might be time to start getting a little bit excited about his potential.
Hope RA Dickey puts up #'s like that for the Blue Jays this year, LOL.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:33 PM
Tiranis

Just checked out how he's doing compared to the rest of the league. Only Patrik Berglund scored goals at a better pace than Blomstrand this season. He has scored as many goals as Filip Forsberg in 9 less games (less points though) and 4 more goals than Pontus Aberg in 22 less games (better PPG rate too). Better point per game and goal per game pace than Sebastian Collberg who was recently loaned to the Allsvenskan.

All this production is coming despite his team being 2nd worst in the league. The good news is that he's also even on the year so he's not costing his team defensively.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:36 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
^ Great to hear.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:45 PM
ihaveyuidonttouchme

vCash: 50
i wonder how far away Gaunce is ready for NHL? Could he get a 8 game stint as soon as next yr or spend one more jr season, and one AHL season before joining or ....?

Old
01-29-2013, 01:56 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Just checked out how he's doing compared to the rest of the league. Only Patrik Berglund scored goals at a better pace than Blomstrand this season. He has scored as many goals as Filip Forsberg in 9 less games (less points though) and 4 more goals than Pontus Aberg in 22 less games (better PPG rate too). Better point per game and goal per game pace than Sebastian Collberg who was recently loaned to the Allsvenskan.

All this production is coming despite his team being 2nd worst in the league. The good news is that he's also even on the year so he's not costing his team defensively.
What do you make of his high goals-to-assists ratio btw? Could it be due to his linemates thinking pass-first? And is he just more of a shooter, or he has a good shot?

Last edited by vanuck: 01-29-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old
01-29-2013, 02:12 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveyuidonttouchme View Post
i wonder how far away Gaunce is ready for NHL? Could he get a 8 game stint as soon as next yr or spend one more jr season, and one AHL season before joining or ....?
The Canucks might want him to spend the full 2 years in junior, if only to hone his offensive game even further and to work on other things like skating and his puck skills. Defensively he may be good enough for the 4th line right away but I'm sure they don't want his development to be stunted offensively.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

vCash: 420
Quote:

If I were Gillis I'd definitely be looking at singing him to his ELC this summer and moving him over to the Wolves for next season. Could be a forward version of Peter Andersson for next year who comes out of the blue for most fans and is very solid.

I wonder if he'll put on more weight too. He went from being 6'1" 198lbs at the draft to 6'2" 218lbs now. He's Jensen's age so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up around 6'2.5" 230lbs in his prime, I mayy have done some snooping on fb and found his profile and he's a beeeffy dude. I've been a big fan of his since we drafted him and man oh man, is the 2011 draft looking awesome or what?

Old
01-29-2013, 02:46 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
What do you make of his high goals-to-assists ratio btw? Could it be due to his linemates thinking pass-first? And is he just more of a shooter, or he has a good shot?
Based on the highlights he seems to be good about being in the right spot and has a good shot. Seems to score in a lot of different ways — off the rush, tapping in rebounds, from the slot, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen 36 View Post
If I were Gillis I'd definitely be looking at singing him to his ELC this summer and moving him over to the Wolves for next season. Could be a forward version of Peter Andersson for next year who comes out of the blue for most fans and is very solid.

I wonder if he'll put on more weight too. He went from being 6'1" 198lbs at the draft to 6'2" 218lbs now. He's Jensen's age so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up around 6'2.5" 230lbs in his prime, I mayy have done some snooping on fb and found his profile and he's a beeeffy dude. I've been a big fan of his since we drafted him and man oh man, is the 2011 draft looking awesome or what?
Yeah, he's huge. Everything I've seen makes me feel like he'll be even better on smaller ice. His skating is also very good which with his size is a lethal combination on small ice.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Amused To Death

vCash: 1335
Quote:
Just checked out how he's doing compared to the rest of the league. Only Patrik Berglund scored goals at a better pace than Ludwig this season. He has scored as many goals as Filip Forsberg in 9 less games (less points though) and 4 more goals than Pontus Aberg in 22 less games (better PPG rate too). Better point per game and goal per game pace than Sebastian Collberg who was recently loaned to the Allsvenskan.

We may have something here...

Dun dun dun dunnn

Old
01-29-2013, 03:25 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Based on the highlights he seems to be good about being in the right spot and has a good shot. Seems to score in a lot of different ways — off the rush, tapping in rebounds, from the slot, etc.
Forgive me then if that sounded to me just a little bit like the way Jensen produces.

I realize this may be hard to answer as highlights probably won't show this but what about how good he is defensively? Or his hockey sense? (also searching HF forums for anything about this)

Edit: Just found your post from almost 2 months ago in the Allsvenskan thread... no reply.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:55 PM
thefeebster

Searched HF, you say, but didn't search this thread? Tsk Tsk.

RE: Ludwig Blomstrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
I have seen all his games with Djurgarden this season (warming the bench for most of them) and just a couple with Almtuna.

With Djurgarden, in the games where he played more than 5 minutes, I thought he was noticable for good and bad reasons. The good was that it was immediately visible his size on the ice compared to the other Djurgarden youngins like Aberg, Sorensen, and Wennberg. Blomstrand looks big on the ice. He skates fairly well for a big man, decent acceleration. With Djurgarden he was used on the 4th line mainly, and was put in more of a energy player kind of role. I thought he did decent there, he was above average defensively, didn't make many mistakes and created offense/sustained pressure in the off zone during his sparse time on the ice, which is generally what you'd want for a 4th line player. One other positive thing is his willingness to drive the net with the puck. Also, i'd categorize him as a shoot first kind of a player. Don't remember any pass that stands out in my mind. The bad was he took some bad penalties, and put his team shorthanded 3 times in one game. Needs to make better decisions sometimes.

With Almtuna, he is put in a different role, put on the 1st line and 1st PP. He was used in front of the net on the PP. Didn't love him there, but if I guess he is the biggest guy to screen the goalie and he doesn't shy away from the battle. In one of the games, he came out with 2 hits in the 1st 5 minutes, but did not really throw any more hits after that. I found he was less aggressive than he was with Djurgarden, needs to be move his feet more in the defensive zone. That said, he didn't look out of place on the top line either. His size/speed helps him get open and transitions well on the rush and his willingness to shoot gives them two goal scoring threats on that line.

I think we agreed, I don't see a puck hound like Hansen, does not play a consistent physical game. That's why I'd like for him to come over next season to the AHL. I think his game might be better suited on smaller ice, he would be able to get around quickly, would be able to play a more aggressive game that the AHL forces you to learn. He is physically ready for the AHL, much more so than the typical swedes.

Last edited by thefeebster: 01-29-2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Adding in name!
Old
01-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
I think it's because you don't have "Ludwig Blomstrand" anywhere in your post. Can you maybe edit it so other people can find it too? It's a great report and it would be a shame if nobody can ever find it.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:04 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
I think it's because you don't have "Ludwig Blomstrand" anywhere in your post. Can you maybe edit it so other people can find it too? It's a great report and it would be a shame if nobody can ever find it.
That makes sense. I retract one Tsk!

I edited the original just now.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:06 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Quote:
That makes sense. I retract one Tsk! *

I edited the original just now.

My bad! But thanks again though. Always love reading your posts.

I actually did switch to just "Blomstrand" in my search but then a lot of results came up, started reading through stuff and eventually just got sidetracked.

@Tiranis: HF should come up with a tagging system for stuff like this, almost like Twitter. It might be pretty convenient actually.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:08 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
My bad!

I actually did switch to just "Blomstrand" in my search but then a lot of results came up, started reading through stuff and eventually just got sidetracked.

@Tiranis: HF should come up with a tagging system for stuff like this, almost like Twitter. It might be pretty convenient actually.
You can, I've never done it, but I've seen posts/threads with tags on them.

Have no clue how to do it though.

Old
01-29-2013, 06:34 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
You can, I've never done it, but I've seen posts/threads with tags on them.

Have no clue how to do it though.
I believe you can only add tags on the original post of the thread.

Closed Thread