HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

3 way deal at Deadline: Schneider+ for Perry: Call to Schneider Interested Fan Bases.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:57 AM
Unagi

vCash: 500
Couple of things:

- I don't see why VAN trades Schneider, 6 games into the season. You guys need to decide what you want. Luongo or Schneider. I doubt it boots Schneider with confidence that there is another elite goalie on the bench waiting for him to fail. And yes yes say what you want that the guys are pros, but they ultimatively want to play and thus hope the other one sucks. Decide which one you want and get the other one out ASAP. Only causes a distraction for your goalies. Your great tactic to have 2 elite goalies isn't working.

- Personally I think Schneider is the wrong guy to trade. Luongo is getting older and unless you have another big goalie prospect, it makes no sense to trade Schneider. Just my opinion. Trade Luongo for the pieces you need.

- To trade Schneider you'd have to identify the teams in need of such a goalie: Chicago (?), Toronto, New Jersey (?), Philly (?), Edmonton (?). Now out of those 5 teams, I can see 4 of them already saying they want to part of that. Hawks are doing fine right now, Edmonton does as well and might just wait till summer to make a trade for a goalie or sign one, New Jersey has Brodeur for another year and probably wants no part of a goalie controversy there and Philly has Bryz right now. If they wanted Scheider they'd have to wait until the offseason to buy Bryz out or face the same dilemma VAN faces right now or NJD would face if they made a trade. Leaves Toronto. Have fun trying to figure out a 3 way trade between TOR, VAN and ANA which leaves all parties happy.

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:54 AM
DJOpus

Keep them both. No reason not to. If Schneider can't handle the pressure of having Luongo behind him, then he's the one gone this off-season if he can, then depending how well there is a choice to make. The only reason Schneider won the chance to show he is better than Luongo was because over the last two years her was better than anybody.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:01 AM
alpine4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
To Vancouver: Perry, Neuvirth
To Washington: Schneider, Gaunce
To Anaheim: Johansson, WAS 1st
oh... I would say yes if I were VAN's GM... Unfortunately they wont get C. Perry that easily

VAN need to add to get a player like that

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:44 AM
FakeKidPoker*

canucks would have to add in the way of Kassian or something else.

They already have Hiller

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:21 AM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post
oh... I would say yes if I were VAN's GM... Unfortunately they wont get C. Perry that easily

VAN need to add to get a player like that
Seriously, I think people are forgetting he's only a half year rental. We shoulder the vast majority of the risk in trying to resign him. Do you think the Sharks would trade something like Logan Couture + Hertl for him? Would the Devils trade Larsson + Matteau? Schneider + Gaunce holds similar value.

If Perry has no interest in re-signing with Anaheim, then it's not like he would require a king's ransom to get. Look at what Kovalchuk got.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:26 AM
canuklehead

ya lets trade for perry a player despised by the fans and players.... what a great addition to the locker room

and now people are starting to trade Schneider again? jesus christ it's embarrassing to be a canucks fan these days

canuklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:51 AM
waitin425

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
I think Vancouver needs to give up more and Anaheim needs to receive more. Washington is also giving up a bit too much IMO

My stab at it:

Toronto: Corey Schneider
Vancouver: Corey Perry + Ben Scrivens + Korbinian Holzer
Anaheim: Nicklas Jensen + Chris Tanev + James Van Riemsdyk
Toronto gets Schneider for JVR, Scrivens and Holzer?

You're crazy!

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:52 AM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Perry is worth about as Much as Kesler IMO.

Start there if that is what you really want.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:06 AM
barnztormre
WhY sO SeRiOuS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuklehead View Post
ya lets trade for perry a player despised by the fans and players.... what a great addition to the locker room

and now people are starting to trade Schneider again? jesus christ it's embarrassing to be a canucks fan these days
The Red Wings traded for Chris Chelios and Wendel Clark on the same deadline day, and both of them were HATED in the D. I bought a Chelios jersey the next day and the guy said I got the last one. He sold two dozen Cheli and a dozen Clark in a matter of hours.

Fans have short memories when it comes to this sort of thing.

barnztormre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Perry is worth about as Much as Kesler IMO.

Start there if that is what you really want.
No contender will trade a core player signed at a great contract long term for a rental player, and certainly not from an area of weakness on our roster.

Not to mention he has a NTC.

I think the point of the thread was to find a way to convert our most valuable asset we can afford to lose into Perry. Not to make a hole to fill a luxury.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Deeb55

Anaheim:Umburger, Luongo
CBJ:Hiller, Raymond
Van:Ryan, Mason

Deeb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:27 AM
Ducksgo
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo
Quote:
Neuvirth was more of a toss-in. I wouldn't mind dropping him and trying to get a back-up elsewhere.(or maybe Eddie Lack will be back from his injury)

So:

Vancouver: Perry
Washington: Schneider, Van 3rd
Anaheim: Johansson, Gaunce, WAS 1st(assuming it's a late one)
I would much rather use Perry as a piece to acquire ROR. But if we couldn't than I would look at this deal. And I would hope wash 1st would be top 10.

Ducksgo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Perry and Getzlaf hate the Canucks. They didn't even want to play with Burrows at the WC.

I seriously doubt he would sign there.
That has nothing to do with hating Vancouver, just hating Burrows. And I don't blame them. My only interaction with him, he was a total duchebag - not to mention that he's a whiny little ***** on the ice.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 50
Quote:
No contender will trade a core player signed at a great contract long term for a rental player, and certainly not from an area of weakness on our roster.

Not to mention he has a NTC.

I think the point of the thread was to find a way to convert our most valuable asset we can afford to lose into Perry. Not to make a hole to fill a luxury.
I think he means what Canucks would ASK for if it was Kesler going to other way. Impending UFA status isn't exactly a hindrance to the Ducks getting what they want for a player of this calibre. Not with half the contenders in the league interested in him.

It's not about fair, it's about ANA getting what they want. If they don't, there's a good chance they can re-sign him and Getzlaf anyway.

With all due respect to the OP, spoken as a fan of the Canucks...without Perry I don't think Vancouver is that strong of a Cup contender this year. Hope I'm wrong, but I think 2011 was the year and it just didn't work out.

Even WITH Perry and their current roster, it'd be no sure thing Rey get past the 2nd round. IMO.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:30 AM
Ducksgo
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeb55 View Post
Wow.... Just wow.... Horrible proposal.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:36 AM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
JVR is untouchable.

He's exactly what we need. Sky high potential as wel
In a deal like that, we take it and run.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Cogburn
Trixie Hobbitses

As awesome as it would be, having three recent Art Ross/Richard/Hart winners on one team, it simply won't happen at a price we'd want to pay. Perry has given 0 indication he won't, or wouldn't, resign, and all this "blood enemy" crap is overblown...Luongo said he'd love to play for the Hawks if he was moved there.

Anaheim doesn't need an improvement in net, so as the OP was pushing for, we move Schneider for pieces from a third team that would interest Anaheim from another team. Ducks fans, what would those pieces be (broad strokes please)?

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
As awesome as it would be, having three recent Art Ross/Richard/Hart winners on one team, it simply won't happen at a price we'd want to pay. Perry has given 0 indication he won't, or wouldn't, resign, and all this "blood enemy" crap is overblown...Luongo said he'd love to play for the Hawks if he was moved there.

Anaheim doesn't need an improvement in net, so as the OP was pushing for, we move Schneider for pieces from a third team that would interest Anaheim from another team. Ducks fans, what would those pieces be (broad strokes please)?
2C and top six LW. Of course, it's very early in the season to be talking about these things, and with a 3-1 record so far, I don't think we need to go rushing to the phones to make something happen. There are problems here, but anyone expecting a perfect blueprint of what we need is asking too much from us.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Cogburn
Trixie Hobbitses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
2C and top six LW. Of course, it's very early in the season to be talking about these things, and with a 3-1 record so far, I don't think we need to go rushing to the phones to make something happen. There are problems here, but anyone expecting a perfect blueprint of what we need is asking too much from us.
No no, granted. I for one, if I believed we were in the running for a Perry that requested a trade to a contender after letting it be known he doesn't want to resign (so like....1% chance?), would have to believe a deal would be at the deadline, not this early. I mean your boys laid a whooping on our guys opening night, and could definately be fighting for a playoff spot.

But two top six players, a center and a LW, second line that can do spot duty on line 1 I presume for both? And the usual + that would be associated with it? Cool.

So we are looking for a top six LW and a top six C for Cory Schneider, anyone around still interested?

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:32 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
In a deal like that, we take it and run.
Nope. Don't agree

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:36 PM
Joey Moss
Thanks Smytty!

vCash: 226
Quote:
Revised...

To Vancouver: Perry, Neuvirth
To Washington: Schneider
To Anaheim: Johansson, Gaunce, WAS 2nd

Something along thess lines makes sense to me...
Schneider and Gaunce won't get you Perry and Neuvirth. Change something on that part and you'll be closer..

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Ducksgo
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Schneider and Gaunce won't get you Perry and Neuvirth. Change something on that part and you'll be closer..
We don't NEED any of those pieces. Why the hell is a goalie included in this proposal? We have Hiller and Fasth right now and with Gibson in the pipeline.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
See below.

Quote:
Neuvirth was more of a toss-in. I wouldn't mind dropping him and trying to get a back-up elsewhere.(or maybe Eddie Lack will be back from his injury)

So:

Vancouver: Perry
Washington: Schneider, Van 3rd
Anaheim: Johansson, Gaunce, WAS 1st(assuming it's a late one)

Old
01-29-2013, 04:19 PM
jferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeb55 View Post
did we just trade Bobby Ryan for RJ "cant keep his head up" Umburger?

jferguson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Getz2perry

Just give us jannick hansen and well call it a day.... that kid gets it

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote