Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 04:11 PM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
Well sharks dont have great depth past their top 6, i dont mind the kid line vs their bottom 6, unfortunately he may be hard to get that matchup worked in.
I`d say they`re still pretty deep. Their 4th line >> our 4th line (at the moment). Our 3d line is a little better but they have a pretty good one too. Their top 6 > our top 6

Old
01-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Palmieri and Etem have played together.
OK, I still think it's a bad idea tonight.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:19 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
OK, I still think it's a bad idea tonight.
I'm sure it will be a calamity, but it's one game on the 4th line against a team that we're a long shot to beat. At least we'll get a chance to see if Rakell can do something with his sort of line mates before he heads back to Plymouth.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
You mean after they get beat like a rented mule? If this were a preseason game, fine. It's one thing to try different line combos of NHL proven guys, but this isn't the time or place for this kind of move.
Omg your over reacting. Bb will match lines dude. You really expect the kid line versus the Marleau line? That's not even likely.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:22 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
I'm sure it will be a calamity, but it's one game on the 4th line against a team that we're a long shot to beat. At least we'll get a chance to see if Rakell can do something with his sort of line mates before he heads back to Plymouth.
Won't he have one more game after tonight? I believe he's only played in 3 of the first 4.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
I expect a lot of line juggling btw tonight. To see Rakells maximum potential before he gets sent down.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Omg your over reacting. Bb will match lines dude. You really expect the kid line versus the Marleau line? That's not even likely.
Let's just say that unlike a lot of people, I don't think the NHL should be played like NHL 13.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:24 PM
JabbaJabba

Beleskey has been one of the positive surprises this season. He certainly got his confidence up in UK and brought it with him. Now we can see if he brought his scoring touch as well. If Winnik worked with the Twins, Beleskey should too and this allows them to keep that 3rd line together. Although the 2nd line is still a problem.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Won't he have one more game after tonight? I believe he's only played in 3 of the first 4.
He could play one more, but I think tonight's game decides his fate. If he flounders with those guys, then I expect him to head back.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
He could play one more, but I think tonight's game decides his fate. If he flounders with those guys, then I expect him to head back.
I'm assuming as well. No need to have Rakell up, or Etem up for that matter if they can't solidify a position on the team.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:44 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Quote:
Let's hope they won't ice the puck.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Jerky Leclerc

Is Palmieri still considered a rookie? I don't remember the Ducks eve playing an all rookie line before.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
Is Palmieri still considered a rookie? I don't remember the Ducks eve playing an all rookie line before.
Technically no, but he may as well be. And closest I could remember or think of would be in the 2006 playoffs when Perry and Getzlaf played Moen, who was in his second season.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:08 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

These aren't the mid-90s Red Wings, guys. They're a good team with a great line, not Godzilla. We may get beaten, badly, but let's not get nuts thinking that the Sharks are some juggernaut.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Papaspud
upsetting the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
These aren't the mid-90s Red Wings, guys. They're a good team with a great line, not Godzilla. We may get beaten, badly, but let's not get nuts thinking that the Sharks are some juggernaut.
I don't know ...
I tried to bet on my phone, and the site decided to put my 250 vcash on the sharks?!!?!?

What's my phone trying to tell me?
That's right....It's an iPhone. Guess it was backing it's local team. Damn smart phones

hope I lose my bet

Old
01-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Getz2perry

Im just hoping the sharks dont remember we took 5/6 last season and take out on our kid lineup

Old
01-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Two things. First - Boudreau really isn't a consistent line matching coach. His preference is to roll his lines, and that really conflicts with matching lines. Second - We're playing in San Jose. They get last change. If Boudreau puts that 4th line out there, you can bet San Jose is going to try to take advantage of that. Even if you expect Boudreau to yank that line at the first opportunity, you're still going to get some really, really unfavorable match-ups.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
God I can't stand San Jose. Hopefully we can steal this one.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
I expect a lot of line juggling btw tonight. To see Rakells maximum potential before he gets sent down.
I don't think there's any way Rakkel is sent down now. Unless he's just absolutely horrible.

BB told the media that Holland is not a center for the bottom two lines. So unless Murray wants to trade for a 2nd line center (lol) then it's Rakkel.

Old
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
I'm not too concerned about the even strength play, to be honest. Either the Ducks will get up for the moment, or they won't . It's San Jose's PP that worries me. It's operating at close to 40% through the first few games, and even though that is obviously no where near a sustainable number, a red hot power play is a dangerous thing. Combine that with a penalty kill for us that has really been hurting, and a couple of bad penalties could turn this game bad for us. This could very easily turn into a special teams battle, and I just don't see us winning that.

Old
AngelDuck

I may be in the minority here, but I want the Koivu line vs. the Thornton line. I don't trust Getzlaf defensively. Koivu is our most consistent defensive center. Winnik and Cogliano are both above average defensive forwards.

I also don't want the Getzlaf line to be consistently hemmed up in the D zone which is why putting them against Marleau-Pavelski-Jumbo isn't a smart idea IMO.

But like Sojourn said, BB doesn't like to match lines anyways, so there is a good chance this whole post is moot.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:39 PM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I'm not too concerned about the even strength play, to be honest. Either the Ducks will get up for the moment, or they won't . It's San Jose's PP that worries me. It's operating at close to 40% through the first few games, and even though that is obviously no where near a sustainable number, a red hot power play is a dangerous thing. Combine that with a penalty kill for us that has really been hurting, and a couple of bad penalties could turn this game bad for us. This could very easily turn into a special teams battle, and I just don't see us winning that.
Yep. Key to the game: Stay out of the penalty box!

Old
01-29-2013, 05:43 PM
Skinnyjimmy08

So will Vatanen be in the lineup tonight??? has anything been confirmed if hes playing or in press box???

Old
01-29-2013, 05:45 PM
Exit Dose

In the line up? He IS the line up.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:47 PM
Exit Dose

Stephens has both line-ups here:
http://ducks.ocregister.com/2013/01/...arks-4/114744/

Closed Thread