HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Offensive defenseman and/or top 6 forward to Wild

Old
01-29-2013, 01:04 PM
Lethargic
Cthulhu 2016

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
We've actually talked about moving Cullen back to Carolina on the Wild's board. Right now, with the prospects pushing to make the team, it Carolina could probably get Cullen for a mid-pick or decent prospect. Brodziak has the #3 center locked-down and Granlund needs some bigger bodies to play with on the 2nd line.
2nd round for Cullen would be fine for us all day.

That would fix our 3rd line, and put Jussi back where he needs to be in the top 6.

Lethargic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:07 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit Semin View Post
2nd round for Cullen would be fine for us all day.

That would fix our 3rd line, and put Jussi back where he needs to be in the top 6.
Done.

tomgilbertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:14 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Franzen and Quincey?

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:27 PM
Horseradish

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Let me just set some restrictions on which players the Wild are NOT willing to move as the OP left that kind of vague.

Brodin
Granlund
Zucker

Coyle and Scandella are unlikely to be moved as well but I don't think either of them are quite on the level of the three mentioned above in terms of how untouchable they are. We were extremely high on Coyle a few months ago but his play in the AHL thus far has left us a little disappointed so his value to us has dropped just a bit and Zucker's value has skyrocketed.

Remember now that the Wild are already at 50/50 contract spots and have only about $2.5 million in cap space so obviously those are some big things to take into consideration when proposing a possible trade.

Gilbert has easily been our best d-man so far this season, outplaying even Suter. The Wild have no reason to move him at this time.
Kills me to hear that. He was a fantastic d-man for Edmonton last year and the end of the season before, and had always been a useful d-man since entering the league as well. But Edmonton fans always need a scapegoat, and a finesse d-man, especially one with big size, has never gone over well in Edmonton. We railroaded Poti who went on to have a fine career, Brewer was always taking heat for not being physical enough...same with Grebeshkov who is one of the better d-men in the KHL. It's too bad. Our fans and media just love the big, mean son-of-a-guns even if they can't play hockey that well. Nick Schultz is more of a blue collar guy, so he's more popular because of it.

The Oilers totally downgraded by trading him for Schultz. Don't get me wrong, I really like Schultz, but Gilbert is now a bona fide top pairing d-man regardless of his physicality, and Schultz just isn't.

Anyway, back to the item at hand, I'd give up Ryan Whitney for a defensive forward with a bit of offensive ability, preferably a centre. Whitney and Petrell for Brodziak and a 3rd/4th?

I'd look at giving up Gagner to help out in your top 6 depending what the return would be. Talented young d-man is what I'd ideally want.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:35 PM
Fire Julien

Boychuk and Bourque

for

Kassian and Scandella

Fire Julien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:40 PM
JayB

I found some packages (defensivedefender+powerforward to trade Minnesota, these are just suggestion that give what we need , what you guys think to offer to these :

Boychuk/McQuaid or both

Ott/Stafford+Sekera

Gleason+Ruutu

Hjalmarsson+?

Downie+?

Nikitin/Tjutin+Dubinsky/Foligno

Quincey/Ericsson+Franzen

Petry/Peckham/Fistric+Paajarvi

Gudbranson+?

Emelin/Gorges+Armstrong/Moen/Cole

Tallinder/Volchenkov+Clarkson

Okposo+?

Method/Cowen+Neil

Despres/Orpik+Glass

Murray+Clowe

Cole/Polak+Stewart/Sobotka

Malone+?

Komisarek+Kulemin/Steckel+Komarov

Ballard/Bieksa+Kassian/Booth/Raymond/Higgins/Burrows

Stuart+Ladd

Schultz+Brouwer

I bolded my favorites to bring Minnesota with our assets. Remember, we have to give up something to get somethin back. Our main assets to trade are Setoguchi&Mitchell,Cullen,PMD and maybe some defender?

JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
Kills me to hear that. He was a fantastic d-man for Edmonton last year and the end of the season before, and had always been a useful d-man since entering the league as well. But Edmonton fans always need a scapegoat, and a finesse d-man, especially one with big size, has never gone over well in Edmonton. We railroaded Poti who went on to have a fine career, Brewer was always taking heat for not being physical enough...same with Grebeshkov who is one of the better d-men in the KHL. It's too bad. Our fans and media just love the big, mean son-of-a-guns even if they can't play hockey that well. Nick Schultz is more of a blue collar guy, so he's more popular because of it.

The Oilers totally downgraded by trading him for Schultz. Don't get me wrong, I really like Schultz, but Gilbert is now a bona fide top pairing d-man regardless of his physicality, and Schultz just isn't.

Anyway, back to the item at hand, I'd give up Ryan Whitney for a defensive forward with a bit of offensive ability, preferably a centre. Whitney and Petrell for Brodziak and a 3rd/4th?

I'd look at giving up Gagner to help out in your top 6 depending what the return would be. Talented young d-man is what I'd ideally want.
I wouldn't go that far.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
As others have stated, what we need is a Niklas Kronwall to play alongside Suter. Sadly, those kind of players are a valuable commodity and therefore, not really available.

Clayton Stoner with better hands would be ideal.

Here is the list of who we'd ideally deal:

Setoguchi
Cullen (has NTC, but he might waive it)
Prosser
Mitchell (if Setoguchi is moved)

Setoguchi and Mitchell come in a package, they're good buddies and I think we only brought in Mitchell to start up Seto. That, and he has to play 4th line minutes in Wild, which is not ideal considering that he could easily play in 3rd line on another team.

Cullen has been... unimpressive thus far but he is solid on the PK, useful on the PP and still has good speed and motor. Think north-south 3rd line TWF who can play on the PK.

Prosser, well... He can handle 3rd pairing minutes, has decent hands and a fairly good shot. Can occasionally hit and get aggressive, and somewhat fight (as seen last season). His downside is his positioning and decision-making, so he should be used as a call-up or 6th D-man. While he is the whipping dog of our fanbase, he is not completely useless.

We'd also maybe need a 2nd line power forward, think Nathan Horton, Milan Lucic or Ryane Clowe. The "maybe" depends on how ready Charlie Coyle is. A rental is OK, actually an ideal situation would be a player on last year of his deal. Should come a bit cheaper and with Coyle on the pipeline, we'd ideally want him on the NHL starting next season.

So, TL;DR:

On trading block:

Setoguchi
Mitchell
Cullen (NTC?)
Prosser

Needs:

Physical D-man capable of playing alonside Suter, preferably fit for 1st pairing but can be a 2nd-pairing D too.
2nd line power forward, preferably a rental.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:19 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
As others have stated, what we need is a Niklas Kronwall to play alongside Suter. Sadly, those kind of players are a valuable commodity and therefore, not really available.

Clayton Stoner with better hands would be ideal.

Here is the list of who we'd ideally deal:

Setoguchi
Cullen (has NTC, but he might waive it)
Prosser
Mitchell (if Setoguchi is moved)

Setoguchi and Mitchell come in a package, they're good buddies and I think we only brought in Mitchell to start up Seto. That, and he has to play 4th line minutes in Wild, which is not ideal considering that he could easily play in 3rd line on another team.

Cullen has been... unimpressive thus far but he is solid on the PK, useful on the PP and still has good speed and motor. Think north-south 3rd line TWF who can play on the PK.

Prosser, well... He can handle 3rd pairing minutes, has decent hands and a fairly good shot. Can occasionally hit and get aggressive, and somewhat fight (as seen last season). His downside is his positioning and decision-making, so he should be used as a call-up or 6th D-man. While he is the whipping dog of our fanbase, he is not completely useless.

We'd also maybe need a 2nd line power forward, think Nathan Horton, Milan Lucic or Ryane Clowe. The "maybe" depends on how ready Charlie Coyle is. A rental is OK, actually an ideal situation would be a player on last year of his deal. Should come a bit cheaper and with Coyle on the pipeline, we'd ideally want him on the NHL starting next season.

So, TL;DR:

On trading block:

Setoguchi
Mitchell
Cullen (NTC?)
Prosser

Needs:

Physical D-man capable of playing alonside Suter, preferably fit for 1st pairing but can be a 2nd-pairing D too.
2nd line power forward, preferably a rental.
If I had to guess.... speculate, etc.... I'd say Detroit would want something like Setoguchi and Scandella... or Scandella and one of the younger forwards like Coyle or Zucker.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
If I had to guess.... speculate, etc.... I'd say Detroit would want something like Setoguchi and Scandella... or Scandella and one of the younger forwards like Coyle or Zucker.
For Kronwall, you mean?

Hmm. That actually sounds fairly reasonable... I'm not sold on giving up Scandella, though. I don't think he has that much value at the moment.

Prosser+Falk+Setoguchi?

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:24 PM
Prongo
Beer

At the deadline, If the Flyers are still out of it, would you consider Briere? Lots of Flyers fans believe there would be trouble with him and his whole custody battle for the kids, but I think he could very well get moved and be okay with it.

What would you be willing to give for Briere? Prospects and picks, we probably wouldn't want roster players coming back if they aren't young prospects.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:27 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
Kronwall is exactly the kind of player we need... I'ld bet Detroit would never move him though...

The Wild really need one gritty top 4 d, and a gritty 2c. This would balance out all of our lines.

Granlund can, and should go to wing.
No.

No.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

Quote:
That does sound like the basis for a pretty good trade. I would hate to give up on Scandella already, but I think best case he'll be maybe on par with Kronwall's level. With Kronwall and Koivu there would be exploding shoulder checks occurring all over the ice. Second most awesome check behind the not often enough used hip check in hockey. Gotta love the hip check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
At the deadline, If the Flyers are still out of it, would you consider Briere? Lots of Flyers fans believe there would be trouble with him and his whole custody battle for the kids, but I think he could very well get moved and be okay with it.

What would you be willing to give for Briere? Prospects and picks, we probably wouldn't want roster players coming back if they aren't young prospects.
Never been a huge Briere fan, but he is money in the FDIC secured bank during playoff time. But I am not a fan of the contract and we can't afford unless a big old chunk of change is going back your way.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
For Kronwall, you mean?

Hmm. That actually sounds fairly reasonable... I'm not sold on giving up Scandella, though. I don't think he has that much value at the moment.

Prosser+Falk+Setoguchi?
I think if they could get Scandella in the deal, they'd be pretty happy with their young group for years to come. You put Scandella in with Smith, Oullette, Sproul and the inevitable signing of Danny Dekeyser, the Wings would have a nice core of young guys with different skill sets.

They just dont seem to make trades very often and Kronwall is one of their leaders. But who knows. He would look really good playing with the Wild though.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:14 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Liles + MacA

for

Coyle + 2nd

FishManSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:19 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
I think if they could get Scandella in the deal, they'd be pretty happy with their young group for years to come. You put Scandella in with Smith, Oullette, Sproul and the inevitable signing of Danny Dekeyser, the Wings would have a nice core of young guys with different skill sets.

They just dont seem to make trades very often and Kronwall is one of their leaders. But who knows. He would look really good playing with the Wild though.
The problem is that the Wings have too many players at the moment, both on offense and defense, so I don't think they'd be super keen on taking more than one player back. Also, the defense pipeline seems to be pretty decent at the moment, so unless they give up a D prospect they probably wouldn't ask for one back.

I'm afraid I'll get nuclear-flamed for this, but what would Minnesota want for Suter? A skilled forward (Franzen/Filppula), a middle-pairing defenseman (Quincey/Kindl/Ericsson), a bottom-six forward (Emmerton/Eaves/Mursak/Miller/Abdelkader), and a prospect?

Old
01-29-2013, 04:21 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
The problem is that the Wings have too many players at the moment, both on offense and defense, so I don't think they'd be super keen on taking more than one player back. Also, the defense pipeline seems to be pretty decent at the moment, so unless they give up a D prospect they probably wouldn't ask for one back.

I'm afraid I'll get nuclear-flamed for this, but what would Minnesota want for Suter? A skilled forward (Franzen/Filppula), a middle-pairing defenseman (Quincey/Kindl/Ericsson), a bottom-six forward (Emmerton/Eaves/Mursak/Miller/Abdelkader), and a prospect?
Yes let's solve our D problems by trading away our big signing. Trade Suter and Parise stabs GMCF.

tomgilbertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:29 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
Yes let's solve our D problems by trading away our big signing. Trade Suter and Parise stabs GMCF.
Well, the Wild is (are?) taking a big chance on both of those contracts, and with the cap going down next year it might put them in a financial choke-hold.

I'm not saying dump them both, just one.

Just the one Detroit wanted in the off-season.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:16 PM
AmeriHab

Kaberle for a 3rd!

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:21 PM
dwanmaster*
Rap Game Adam Banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
To Wild:

MacArthur
Liles

To Toronto:

Coyle
Hackett
+Toronto's 1st round pick for this year.

dwanmaster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Well, the Wild is (are?) taking a big chance on both of those contracts, and with the cap going down next year it might put them in a financial choke-hold.

I'm not saying dump them both, just one.

Just the one Detroit wanted in the off-season.
You can't be serious with the notion we are going to dump Suter or Parise anytime in this decade. With the I'm hoping your were tongue in cheek. These are two guys that chose to be here. Historically we do not get high end talent via free agency, we lose them. No need to worry about our cap situation we're in decent shape. This summer Cullen($3.5M) PM Bouchard($4M) and Backstrom($6M) contracts will be coming off the books. Although I could see us re-signing PMB and Backs, but not for their current pricetag. The only FA that could be due a big raise is Clutterbuck(RFA). Chuck Fletcher has proven beyond a reasonable doubt he is a very good GM. What he inherited in '09, compared to the talent pool we have now throughout the organization is truly amazing. His mantra from day one is to build a long term perennial winning organization. So I'm more than certain they took the cap into consideration when they were courting Suter and Parise. We're fine

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

Setoguchi+Mitchell+Scandella+Larsson for Del Zotto+Skjei

Rangers need the depth, Scandella can cover Bickel's many defensive lapses. MDZ can also play right side with Suter and QB the 1st/2nd PP.

If Brodin plays well Gilbert could be included in a deal.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:37 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Setoguchi+Mitchell+Scandella+Larsson for Del Zotto+Skjei

Rangers need the depth, Scandella can cover Bickel's many defensive lapses. MDZ can also play right side with Suter and QB the 1st/2nd PP.

If Brodin plays well Gilbert could be included in a deal.
Please stop.

Minnesota needs to hold tight and see what shakes out.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:42 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

It is absurd to even consider the Wild trading either Parise or Suter, I mean really... That's close to a troll post. We haven't even played our 6th game yet... Let's have at least some semblance of patience. Let's at least wait to 8 games before we hang our enitre team

DeuceMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:51 PM
jeromeo87

Corvo, Boychuk and 2nd for Cullen and Clutterbuck

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote