HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Avs hockey: 10 minutes of actual work.

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 09:59 AM
Avs71

vCash: 500
So is the EJ we saw in the third period the EJ we would see with a better defence partner? It was like he said, "**** it. Who cares if we get scored on I'm tired of sitting back." I wish this guy would show up more, but I doubt he will if he feels like he has to be the responsible one all the time.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:01 AM
cgf

I love angry EJ so damn much. Our home fans need to start talking **** to him so we can see angry EJ every game.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:15 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
So is the EJ we saw in the third period the EJ we would see with a better defence partner? It was like he said, "**** it. Who cares if we get scored on I'm tired of sitting back." I wish this guy would show up more, but I doubt he will if he feels like he has to be the responsible one all the time.
He was the most consistent Dman last night ( most nights) I had no issue with EJ last night. One thing though we need to stop pretending hes this great PP QB. Hes not. If he had a good not even great partner his game would explode I dont doubt this one bit. A veteran mentor would help him immensly but since we avoid veteran help like the plague I dont see that ever happening.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:23 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Stastny has played better than PAP. Yeah PAP has 3 goals but the guy struggles to make a pass.
Hahaha its -45 right now in Edmonton I needed a good laugh to start my day. PAP can make a pass, he can score. Casper however cant do anything. Cant win a draw, cant make a legit pass, cant accept a pass, cant create any offense whatsoever. If u put Shawn Horcoffs jersey on Casper last night you wouldnt be able to tell them apart.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
Forwards

- Duchene needs to be put on the wing. He sucks at face-offs, he's too small/weak to play downlow in our zone, and his speed would benefit more skating down the wing (Kessel-esk dare I say).
I hope this is a joke? Duchene has sucked as winger everytime he's played there. He's defense has been fine, actually it's been solid, the best out of the 3 centreman. As for the faceofff it''s still early, he's been alright in years past, that won't be enough to justify putting him as a winger when clearly it does not work.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:27 AM
klozge
Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Hejda's played like **** to start the year and Orr'Brien has been sitting in the pressbox not playing like ****?
I don't like SOB one bit but it was good to see him last night. One of the few players who showed some emotion.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:28 AM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
Agree with this. EJ needs to insert himself into these games more often. I remember the San Jose game last year, it was by far the best game he has played as an AV. Every time he was on the ice you noticed him. He rushed the puck and was extremely physical on the Sharks. That is what he needs to do more often. He isn't going to be an offensive juggernaut, so he needs to be a ***** to play against.

We need angry EJ. Get Foote to show him how it is done.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:30 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Agree with this. EJ needs to insert himself into these games more often. I remember the San Jose game last year, it was by far the best game he has played as an AV. Every time he was on the ice you noticed him. He rushed the puck and was extremely physical on the Sharks. That is what he needs to do more often. He isn't going to be an offensive juggernaut, so he needs to be a ***** to play against.

We need angry EJ. Get Foote to show him how it is done.
So... how about we put ROB next to him then? He's the only guy I trust in the defensive end, especially after he cleaned up SOB's mess all night. Right-handed be damned, let's see if that can happen.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:12 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torr View Post
I watched the game but didn't notice, how the hell does Sacco explain putting in SOB over Hejda?
Edmonton is probably the fastest team in the league. Even though I hate SOB, he's a better skater than Hejda.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Watching the replay on Altitude right now. They went with some odd line combos in the 3rd. It looks like they are double shifting Staz and Duchene. Saw McGinn, Duchene and Hejduk. Followed by Parenteau, Staz and McLeod. Then Jones, Staz and Mitchell and Duchene, Parenteau and Olver.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:14 PM
iceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by klozge View Post
I don't like SOB one bit but it was good to see him last night. One of the few players who showed some emotion.
WHAT??? He was the worst of the Dman... it was a patetic showing, IMO.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:51 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Agree that it is time to break up the RoB and Hejda show. Can't remember how and if Hejda and EJ played together, but its time to juggle the pairings.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:54 PM
The Shermanator
Knee Brace Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I won the contest of guessing the penalties...so I have to choose Shermanator's avy for a week.

I don't have a place to upload a resized pic to (I know there are free sites, but still...).

So, could someone resize this for him to use?

Old
01-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Didn't watch the 3rd, but we must have been all over them to outshoot them by 12 after being outshot 14-3 in the first.

That's the problem though, this team just doesn't seem to give a damn until its 2 late always.

Glad to see Duchene get another point, and PAP is scoring goals right now, if he can start finding Duchene with his passes those two could go on a tear. The one play I watched from the 3rd last night was a great feed by Pap to Duchene that lead to a really good one timer from Duchene and a great save from Dubynek, if they can build some chemistry they'll be a damn good duo.

Stastny was terrible last night. I still think some of your are being a little to harsh on him right now, though its understandable after our last 2 games. But if the guy had any bit of luck he would have 5-7 points right now and they'd all be primary assists.

McGinn might be the most unlucky Avs player on the ice right now. He could EASILY be at a Goal per game right now, he's just getting so unlucky. Cant wait to see his celly after his first goal this year. He's gotta be getting a little frusturated right now.

Erik Johnson is playing really good. He's been the only Dman consistently playing well for us all season. +3 through 5 games Averaging 22 Mins a game with 14 Blocked shots(Tied for 8th among Dmen). One this Im not all that impressed with regarding EJ is his Hits. For a guy of his size he should have more hit the Matt Hunwick. He needs to be more physical and punishing. As others have said he needs to get angry in game.

Shane Obrien is bad, really bad. We need to move him quickly.

Hunwick had a good game, he shouldn't be playing 20+ mins a night, but he was decent last night.

Thought Zanon was really bad last night as well. Not Obrien bad but he wasn't good.

Basically this team is being carried on its bad by EJ, Duchene, Varly, and Mitchell. Everyone else is either way to inconsistent(Jones), Unlucky(McGinn) or just not good enough in general. Landeskog and Oreilly need to come back asap.

Without Landy and Oreilly this team is easily a bottom 5 team in the league. With Landy and Oreilly were more like a Top 14-20 team.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Been watching some of the third and it's funny how we can actually play decently at even strength. The fact the refs missed three penalties on the Oilers in the first ten alone is sad.

The goal was weak, the kind of stuff we need more of. Sure would be nice if this team knew proper positioning and how to cycle off the boards.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Been watching some of the third and it's funny how we can actually play decently at even strength. The fact the refs missed three penalties on the Oilers in the first ten alone is sad.

The goal was weak, the kind of stuff we need more of. Sure would be nice if this team knew proper positioning and how to cycle off the boards.
Our 5 on 5 GF/GA Ratio is 4th in the league at 2.25 behind only MTL OTT and SJ. Our PP is absolutely horrible. And our PK is non existent.

Think the Avs should try to get 2 rule changes for the team:

Rule 1) We should be allowed to decline PP's. Keep the game 5 on 5. Maybe give us an offensive zone faceoff start as the punishment for the penalty. Cause clearly we aren't scoring on our PP's.

Rule 2) Instead of actually having to go through the process of playing the PK and being scored on. We should be given the option to just give the other team a goal. Would save 2 mins of PK time that would just result in a goal anyways, and gives us more time to try and score 5 on 5 before the next penalty.

I think we'd have a better shot at winning if these 2 rules were in place for the Avs.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Steve Varmalov
And Then....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Varmalov View Post
I want to see Sgarbossa in the NHL before the season is over. Need more skill on this team.
Wait.... did they listen to me?

Old
01-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Varmalov View Post
Wait.... did they listen to me?
that's the skills of a real steve

good prediction

Old
01-29-2013, 06:50 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
I'm making the GDT for tomorrow. Do you guys have any idea what our lineup will look like tomorrow?

Old
01-29-2013, 07:00 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
I'm making the GDT for tomorrow. Do you guys have any idea what our lineup will look like tomorrow?
Pretty sure it'll look like **** no matter whose playing where.

That was too easy...

Old
01-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
Pretty sure it'll look like **** no matter whose playing where.

That was too easy...
is it me or we haven't seen you much arround , lately ?

Old
01-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Cypher
#GenieArmy

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Think the Avs should try to get 2 rule changes for the team:

Rule 1) We should be allowed to decline PP's. Keep the game 5 on 5. Maybe give us an offensive zone faceoff start as the punishment for the penalty. Cause clearly we aren't scoring on our PP's.
Ummm... first day ?

Old
01-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
is it me or we haven't seen you much arround , lately ?
Not nearly enough, that's for sure.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:17 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Not nearly enough, that's for sure.
your avatar creeps me out

Old
01-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
Oil fan coming in peace.

Man, I wish some of our Avy bets ended up like this one.

Just look what I got stuck with for a month after the WJC loss against the States.
Anyways, kinda sucks not having your entire 1st line playing, doesn't it?

Good luck against the Nucks tomorrow. You'll do well if you play the whole game like you did the 3rd period against us.

And what in hell happened to Stastny? I didn't even think he played against the Oil till someone mentioned that he did. He's usually a beast against the Oilers.

Closed Thread