HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where are all the people who bad mouthed Bourque?

Old
01-29-2013, 02:22 AM
Dekar

vCash: 500
I admitted myself during yesterday's GDT/PGT (I forget which) that he was showing a lot more work-ethic, hustle, and was winning board-battles a lot more often, which making smarter plays, but that it was still going to eat me alive that he couldn't hit the net on a breakaway or any other time all game.

He's showing what good Bourque is like for now, but he still has a ways to go to earn my fandom back (when the Cammalleri trade was announced, I said somewhere that the only person I'd want from Calgary is Bourque). He wasn't on my craplist from the start, he earned that spot, and now he has to fight his way off it, but I am giving him all the chance he needs to.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:34 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabMan View Post
here....but hes ONLY played 4 games...well talk at the end of tje season to see how he did. plus...i remember flames fans sayi g hes very streaky...so hes going to go through a cold streak...well see if hes able to get out of that, which he wasnt able to last season
Here, too. Hear hear. I've seen Bourque put together 10 games, even, of somewhat effective hockey. And after the season he had last year, it would have looked horrible for him coming back with any less effort for this short season.

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:44 AM
Kikizaz

I'm here. I spent this offseason hoping that Kabs and Bourque would be gone. I will say Rene is playing much better than last season. I'll eat crow if he keeps it up.

Kikizaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:54 AM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Just wondering? All the pros who said he should be traded? I had to do it when I said Markov was done as a number one defensemen. Bourque has looked great on the second line, he's hitting, going hard to the net, battling, and playing strong minutes. Thumbs up to Bourque! He deserves a thread of his own.
I was one...I hated Bourque last year. Long as he don't have a relapse.

Don't get it wrong...I always like the trade. Mostly because of the draft pick in a rich draft. But I thought Bourque would replace Kostitsyn and I didn't think Cammy was same player after all the injuries. Cammy's cap hit with 2 points in 4 games would be killing us now

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:12 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Even if he doesn't put up points as long as he keeps playing like this I'll be happy. He needs to be on a short leash though. If he starts slacking he goes into the press box.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:04 AM
DAChampion

I was one of the people who bad mouthed Bourque.

Bourque is playing very well. He is showing more hustle and more aggression.

I have a bet with onesharpmarble that says that if Bourque scores 10 goals or more this year I have to write a 700 word essay entitled "why I was wrong about Rene Bourque". Statistically I'm on track to win, but systematically I expect to lose.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:24 AM
Nedved

right here. it's been 3 games but, he has looked good and is doing an excellent job thus far.

still think we could get more than bourque and a 2nd for cammy, however.

Nedved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:26 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
right here. it's been 3 games but, he has looked good and is doing an excellent job thus far.

still think we could get more than bourque and a 2nd for cammy, however.
We did, Patirck Holland

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:36 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
We did, Patirck Holland
He did an AMA. Worth it.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Out East

Maybe I missed it and if so I apologize but where in all this discussion is the reality he was playing injured last year which is why he had to have surgery in the offseason. Is a guy lazy and inconsistent because his body isn'r at 100%? These guys are humans not machines and even machines don't work right when parts are worn or broken.

History tells us he is a somewhat streaky 25 goal scorer with size and speed who isn't afraid to go to the net but doesn't always throw his body around. For his cap hit I'll take it...

Out East is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:13 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Based on how he played last year, he was a legit contender for being traded or bought out.
Indeed and it is still early. I hope he can keep it up and add some production to the better play.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:34 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post

I have a bet with onesharpmarble that says that if Bourque scores 10 goals or more this year I have to write a 700 word essay entitled "why I was wrong about Rene Bourque". Statistically I'm on track to win, but systematically I expect to lose.
can't wait to read it

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:

And if you win Marble has to admit that Pierre Gauthier sucks?

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:41 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
And if you win Marble has to admit that Pierre Gauthier sucks?
No, it is a symmetric bet.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:45 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

i predict a goal for bourque tonight...he's been playing great gotten lots of chances...strong on the puck....i say he pots one tonight...book it

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:47 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out East View Post
Maybe I missed it and if so I apologize but where in all this discussion is the reality he was playing injured last year which is why he had to have surgery in the offseason. Is a guy lazy and inconsistent because his body isn'r at 100%? These guys are humans not machines and even machines don't work right when parts are worn or broken.

History tells us he is a somewhat streaky 25 goal scorer with size and speed who isn't afraid to go to the net but doesn't always throw his body around. For his cap hit I'll take it...
He is paid like a 3rd liner who has consistantly put up 25-30 goals and is currently doing a good job on our top line. Hell the guy is playing on his off-wing, he is much stronger on the right where he can rush the net on his backhand.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:51 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
He is paid like a 3rd liner who has consistantly put up 25-30 goals and is currently doing a good job on our top line. Hell the guy is playing on his off-wing, he is much stronger on the right where he can rush the net on his backhand.
The reason Bourque got paid less in Calgary was due to his inconsistencies. He has also only put up 27 goals twice. It's much more accurate to say he'll score between 16-27 goals for you.

Bourque is also a clump scorer. He'll go on a hot streak, have a series of two goal games and then cool right off.

It's ridiculous to tell people to eat crow after four games. That said, he's good for a third liner with top six back-up depth.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:02 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
The reason Bourque got paid less in Calgary was due to his inconsistencies. He has also only put up 27 goals twice. It's much more accurate to say he'll score between 16-27 goals for you.

Bourque is also a clump scorer. He'll go on a hot streak, have a series of two goal games and then cool right off.

It's ridiculous to tell people to eat crow after four games. That said, he's good for a third liner with top six back-up depth.
If he wasn't inconsistent he would be a top player in the NHL and we would have never gotten him for a slumping cammalleri. Most 20-30 goal scorers in the NHL are "clump" scorers or they would be 30-40 goal scorers.

Also you are wrong about his stats, every year with the Flames he was on pace to get between 25-30 goals. I wont be taking his time in Montreal into account for obvious injury and coaching reasons.

The people who bad mouthed him should eat crow, they talked about buying him out when he was injured and playing on a mess of a team with terrible coaching. They deserve to get what is coming to them for their ignorance and he deserved a fair chance.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:35 PM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

I still think Bourque sucks and hope we amnesty buy him out.

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:39 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
If he wasn't inconsistent he would be a top player in the NHL and we would have never gotten him for a slumping cammalleri. Most 20-30 goal scorers in the NHL are "clump" scorers or they would be 30-40 goal scorers.

Also you are wrong about his stats, every year with the Flames he was on pace to get between 25-30 goals. I wont be taking his time in Montreal into account for obvious injury and coaching reasons.

The people who bad mouthed him should eat crow, they talked about buying him out when he was injured and playing on a mess of a team with terrible coaching. They deserve to get what is coming to them for their ignorance and he deserved a fair chance.
What's Joe Thornton on pace for again? Likely not what he'll end up with at the end of the season.

And I agree, if Bourque wasn't inconsistent he'd be paid a lot more. But he is. He isn't being paid for what he isn't.

You might want to wait for Rene Bourque to actually score a goal before proclaiming crow for dinner.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:39 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I'm here, eating crow for now. Let's hope he keeps it up. His problem has been inconsistancy. However, I think Therrien is the perfect coach for that type of player. So far I'm impressed by Bourque. He needs to continue the good work, because we need him as a top 6 guy. Nobody wants to break the kids line !
well said, his linemates won't let him slack too ... if he doesn't hustle he's going to look SO lazy on that particular line. Not a big fan of bourque, but so far so good. He should have been on the scoresheet a couple of times already.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:42 PM
Digger03

We've only played 4 games here so why in the world are people praising Bourque? I was screaming at the tv the other night when he was maybe 5 feet out on Brodeur and missed the whole net! He's a lazy bum we all know it and I cant wait till we trade him. Kaberle can get to steppin too!

Digger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Et le But

Quote:

If I wasn't rooting for Bourque before, I definitely am now.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:55 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
i predict a goal for bourque tonight...he's been playing great gotten lots of chances...strong on the puck....i say he pots one tonight...book it
i had a feelin

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:55 PM
ryanwb

Finally hits the net, finally gets a goal. What a shot!

ryanwb is offline   Reply With Quote