HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

That which must not be spoken: Stastny's future

Old
01-26-2013, 08:08 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
Forget Stazz, what about that Jamie Mcginn, eh?
Ya, when he has been weak for two seasons too we will talk.

Ginner has been weak for 4 games.

RobinDIF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:11 PM
Drizzt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post

How many goals did he score in his last 9 games with us last season?

Drizzt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:27 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
You've got to be kidding. Jamie isnt being paid 6.6 mill and he isn't being counted on to be a primary offensive threat.

While I was sold on him being a 30 goal scorer like a lot of poster here, he should still IMO hit 20.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:29 PM
avs1dacup

Quote:

Stastny has had one bad calendar year. That's it. The last half of the 2010/2011 season and beginning of 2011/2012. He ended last season on a strong note. He's been creating chances. It's not his fault he's playing with a useless bum and a scrub. Give him a goal scorer and he'd have 4 or 5 assists already.

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:32 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
First of all. Why does his last nine games mean much more than his first eight? 7 goals in his first 8 games doesn't mean anything since he only had 1 in 9 games after that?

Besides. McGinn is expected to be a 20 goals per season winger and is being paid 1.75M per season to do so.

Stastnys expectation are obviously miles higher and he should be a PPG player with that contract and he has proved he can be that earlier.

Stastnys contract situation is obviosuly creating this discussion, he is a UFA after next season if he doesnt accept to lower his salary ALOT. And that's why we have a trade discussion.

I dont see why Jamie McGinn who is expected to be a 2nd/3rd line winger and get maybe one goal every fourth game gets brought in to the debate as someone which should "rather trade". He still has 8 goals in his 21 games for the Avs which is well enough for being on a 1.75M contract.

RobinDIF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:26 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

Why is it that everyone nitpicks Stastny to death, throws him under the bus, blame seemingly everything on him, then suggest we could get a top pairing Defensemen for him in a trade?

If he were as bad as some of you make him out to be nobody in their right mind would send us a #1 or #2 Defensemen for him.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:27 AM
Drizzt1

If Mcginn is being placed on the second line, REGARDLESS of dollars, he's expected to score. Something he hasn't done once this season, and once, in his last 9 games last year.

Not good enough.

You all know Stazz is my favorite player in the league, and I agree he needs to do much, much more, as does Jones.

The problem with that line, is it's lacks too much consistency, passion and ability. Being average to below average is far too ok with the players, and our team.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:50 AM
Scouter

vCash: 51
What's strange is, ever since he switched from wood to a graphite stick for the 10-11 season, his numbers have been worse, not sure if the stick has something to do with it

Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:23 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
First of all. Why does his last nine games mean much more than his first eight? 7 goals in his first 8 games doesn't mean anything since he only had 1 in 9 games after that?

Besides. McGinn is expected to be a 20 goals per season winger and is being paid 1.75M per season to do so.

Stastnys expectation are obviously miles higher and he should be a PPG player with that contract and he has proved he can be that earlier.

Stastnys contract situation is obviosuly creating this discussion, he is a UFA after next season if he doesnt accept to lower his salary ALOT. And that's why we have a trade discussion.

I dont see why Jamie McGinn who is expected to be a 2nd/3rd line winger and get maybe one goal every fourth game gets brought in to the debate as someone which should "rather trade". He still has 8 goals in his 21 games for the Avs which is well enough for being on a 1.75M contract.
Yep. Stastny shouldn't be making $6,6 million per season with his current play. He's not worth it anymore.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Appleanche

Quote:
If Mcginn is being placed on the second line, REGARDLESS of dollars, he's expected to score. Something he hasn't done once this season, and once, in his last 9 games last year.

Not good enough.

You all know Stazz is my favorite player in the league, and I agree he needs to do much, much more, as does Jones.

The problem with that line, is it's lacks too much consistency, passion and ability. Being average to below average is far too ok with the players, and our team.
The problem is McGinn is a career 0.27 PPG player, playing with Jones about a 0.50 PPG, and Stastny is a 0.88 PPG guy.. the parity there is just too much. Jones is acceptable, but McGinn on the 2nd line is ridiculous.

Appleanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:10 AM
cgf

You guys understand that if McGinn didn't like the ping of the post so much he'd be tied for second in the NHL for goals, right?

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Drizzt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
You guys understand that if McGinn didn't like the ping of the post so much he'd be tied for second in the NHL for goals, right?
But he's not. He's last.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

Quote:
But he's not. He's last.
I heard of this player named Ovechkin I think? Any ways, he used to be good, but he's only got 1 goal this season. Maybe we should offer Cody McLeod for him since they both have 1 goal.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Drizzt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torr View Post
I heard of this player named Ovechkin I think? Any ways, he used to be good, but he's only got 1 goal this season. Maybe we should offer Cody McLeod for him since they both have 1 goal.
Please no. Comparing Ovechkin to Mcginn, is like comparing the literary differences between an episode of Jersey Shore, and the novel, A Tale of Two Cities.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 1200
meh.
There's always going to be a naysayer.
Just gotta learn to deal with it.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:40 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 966
I think he misses hes bong buddy Stewart. The elder Stastny already mentioned synergies so I wont but he might have a point. Stastny doesnt seem to do much for a guy who gets 6.6 a yr. He cant make a saucer pass ever. I would be open to trading him for a top 2 dman while he still has some value in this league.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:01 PM
cgf

Quote:
Please no. Comparing Ovechkin to Mcginn, is like comparing the literary differences between an episode of Jersey Shore, and the novel, A Tale of Two Cities.
One is outdated and boring?

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Drizzt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
One is outdated and boring?
Yeah, Jersey Shore is definitely that but Mcginn admittedly isn't. He just needs to put it together, and score.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:04 PM
PAZ

Every game I think i've yelled at Stastny. There were plenty of opportunities which he was in a good position to shoot. Instead he tries to pass and it just turns into an interception.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:39 AM
Colorado Avalanche

How about this idea:

We sign O'Reilly, trade Stastny for #2 defenseman. I think It would upgrade our team. Mitchell can take #3 center duties. Stastny isn't playing with heart anymore and I think change of scenery would benefit Avalanche and Stastny. Done?

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:12 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Why is it that everyone nitpicks Stastny to death, throws him under the bus, blame seemingly everything on him, then suggest we could get a top pairing Defensemen for him in a trade?

If he were as bad as some of you make him out to be nobody in their right mind would send us a #1 or #2 Defensemen for him.
At this point clearing up 6 million dollars is good enough. Last year I would've done a couple of those leafs fan proposals too. Now I'm not sure the avs can get even that but who knows a 58 point Gomez got NYR Higgins and Mcdonagh.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
How about this idea:

We sign O'Reilly, trade Stastny for #2 defenseman. I think It would upgrade our team. Mitchell can take #3 center duties. Stastny isn't playing with heart anymore and I think change of scenery would benefit Avalanche and Stastny. Done?
I like this idea. Clearly we need something new on D...Perhaps we can ship off one of our 6 bottom pairing defenseman for something as well...

IMO...SOB..ROB..Zanon..Wilson..Hejda..are all the same type of players...

Decent but not top two and on most teams probably in the bottom pairing. Wilson MIGHT be better than the others and Zanon has an amazing Beard that blocks shots all its own...but we need a top 2. Stastny could be the piece that brings us that.

We could also use a GOOD puck moving Dman...Hunwick isnt it...I dont understand Saccos love affair with him...but hes VERY average and makes a lot of mistakes.

Avs For Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:53 PM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
I like this idea. Clearly we need something new on D...Perhaps we can ship off one of our 6 bottom pairing defenseman for something as well...

IMO...SOB..ROB..Zanon..Wilson..Hejda..are all the same type of players...

Decent but not top two and on most teams probably in the bottom pairing. Wilson MIGHT be better than the others and Zanon has an amazing Beard that blocks shots all its own...but we need a top 2. Stastny could be the piece that brings us that.

We could also use a GOOD puck moving Dman...Hunwick isnt it...I dont understand Saccos love affair with him...but hes VERY average and makes a lot of mistakes.
I'd want to keep Zanon, Wilson and Hejda.

Ship Stastny, Hunwick and SOB.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:15 PM
Balls on the table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
How about this idea:

Done. I'm done with Stazz.

18007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:23 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torr View Post
I'd want to keep Zanon, Wilson and Hejda.

Ship Stastny, Hunwick and SOB.
Im good with that...although I thought at times SOB was a good lockerroom guy...but his play the other night was aweful...

I like him but if we could get a better return...send him as well.

Avs For Life is offline   Reply With Quote