HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Manchester Monarchs Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Return of the King

vCash: 500
Thanks for the information. Like CTKingsFan, I'd be bummed if they pulled up stakes and headed west now that I'm out here, even if the logistical reasons for it are apparent.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:53 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Toffoli had a goal and assist in the AHL all star game tonight!

Which in turn won me a singed puck by Toffoli!! :-)

Edit: I've been ENTERED to win a Toffoli puck... *lame*

Last edited by CTKingsFan: 01-29-2013 at 02:16 AM.
Old
01-29-2013, 01:58 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post

I thought I was the only one who watched that game.

He looked really good too but it was Hamy's night.

TT looked like one of the top 3 players on the ice most every shift. Second period was sweet.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:11 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I thought I was the only one who watched that game.

He looked really good too but it was Hamy's night.

TT looked like one of the top 3 players on the ice most every shift. Second period was sweet.
I actually didn't watch the game... but glad to hear he continues to play well.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:42 AM
cubsfan999

Quote:

Edit: I've been ENTERED to win a Toffoli puck... *lame*
Why would toffoli singe a puck?

Old
01-29-2013, 09:40 AM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansH View Post
On the business side, the Monarchs go into the break 17th of 30 in league attendance, off yet another 2.5% from this point last year... that year-over-year constant downward trend isn't something that bodes well for the team's long-term future in Manchester, IMO... especially when only 7 years ago they were topping not just the league, but all of minor pro hockey with nearly double the announced crowds...
We have been full season ticket holders since season one (2001-2002) and there are lots of factors regarding attendance, the economy, the newness has worn off, concession prices and some say ticket prices. Also full season ticket holders are taken for granted (no matter what the front office says). The number of full season tickets holders has declined in big numbers for the past several years. Some people say the on ice product hasn't been the same since the lock out season, but the Monarchs have gone further in the playoffs since the 2004-2005 season.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 50
What is everyone's opinion of Anthony Stewart? I have him in my keeper pool and he did well as a banger for me last year with a few goals too. Is he in the good books with Sutter? I hear he if first call up so that is good I suppose. Just surprised he is in the A.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:41 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedling View Post
What is everyone's opinion of Anthony Stewart? I have him in my keeper pool and he did well as a banger for me last year with a few goals too. Is he in the good books with Sutter? I hear he if first call up so that is good I suppose. Just surprised he is in the A.
He's got potential, but he's a scratch on a good, deep team. He's not necessarily the first call-up, either. It all depends on the reason for it. If a top-6 type goes down it's going to be Toffoli/Vey. Stewart would come up if a banger went down, I think.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:50 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedling View Post
Here's the thing. In the event that a bottom-six forward goes down, Stewart would likely be called up. However, I'd imagine that Richardson and Penner would play before him.

So, in other words, even if/when Stewart does get called up, I don't see him playing much if at all.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:43 AM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

Thanks.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:06 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

The Monarchs have turned a 4 game winning streak into a 4 game losing streaking! They lost both games this weekend 4-1 to the Penguins and 2-1 to the Bears.

I didn't get to see much of both games. Mannino had the start verse the Pens and LoVerde had the lone goal. Jones got the start verse Hershey and Vey had the lone goal.

Btw, if there is anyone who'd I give a call up to in Manchester it's Linden Vey! The kid has been excellent and I would love to see him as our 3C and move to Stoll to the 4C. It might be still too early, but I love to give him a few games to see what he can do. Vey now has 12G 26A in 46 games this season. Last season is in rookie year he had 19G and 24A in 74 games. So, a HUGE improvement off an already impressive rookie year. Color me a fan!

highlights from the 3-1 loss to the Hershey Bears (no highlights of the game verse the Pens for some reason...)

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/console.j...2&teamcode=MCH

Last edited by CTKingsFan: 02-03-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old
02-06-2013, 03:07 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Marc-Andre Cliche expected to miss two months with surgery to repair a sports hernia.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2.../1003/sports07

Old
02-06-2013, 04:38 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Marc-Andre Cliche expected to miss two months with surgery to repair a sports hernia.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2.../1003/sports07
Cliche injured? Whoda thunk?

Seriously though, hope he recovers.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:32 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Monarchs signed Colton Yellow Horn to a try out today.

http://www.monarchshockey.com/news.php?nid=4627

I figured this move was coming when Loktionov was traded along with Cliche being out.

Yelllow Horn (who imo has one of the best names sports) has been tearing up the ECHL for the Ontario Reign! Hopefully he can provide as spark to the Monarchs who are playing just as bad as the Kings right now.

Yellow Horn has 36 goals and 22 assists for Ontario this season and leads the ECHL in points.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:19 AM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Cliche injured? Whoda thunk?

Seriously though, hope he recovers.
Sports hernia surgery was Monday, he's out for a couple months, if all goes well.

Old
02-08-2013, 02:19 PM
bacchusbuddha

Send a message via AIM to bacchusbuddha
Quote:
Monarchs signed Colton Yellow Horn to a try out today.

http://www.monarchshockey.com/news.php?nid=4627

I figured this move was coming when Loktionov was traded along with Cliche being out.

Yelllow Horn (who imo has one of the best names sports) has been tearing up the ECHL for the Ontario Reign! Hopefully he can provide as spark to the Monarchs who are playing just as bad as the Kings right now.

Yellow Horn has 36 goals and 22 assists for Ontario this season and leads the ECHL in points.

Yellow Horn is small, but scappy with great hands and hockey sense. He's been a pleasure to watch in Ontario this year and hopefully he can make some noise at the AHL level.

Gonna miss him at the Reign game this Saturday, but very happy to see him get the call up.

How are LoVerde and Huxley looking in Manchester?

Old
02-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Hey, what is up with Stewart? Just realized that he's played only a handful of games. Has he been injured or what?

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-11-2013, 12:27 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Monarchs lost today 3-2 to the Providence Bruins and are now an 5 game losing streak! (all loses in regulation)

Jones was in net and goals where by Tanner Pearson and David Meckler. Colton Yellow Horn did record an assist on his first AHL game.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:28 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

LoVerde and Huxley have been so-so in Manchester. Look like ECHL guys up in the AHL.

Stewart hasn't missed any games. The Monarchs just haven't played a lot of games of late.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:29 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Monarchs lost 5-4 tonight in a shoot out to the Providence Bruins. I didn't get to see the game today. So, no personal account of what really happen. But, despite this being the 6th loss in a row. There was some silver lining in tonight's game and appears maybe a sign of a turn around. Monarchs trailed 4-1 going into the third and were able to tie it up at 4. According to fan accounts the Monarchs also had 3 goals waved off!

Colton Yellow Horn might be something special! After straight dominating the ECHL, he's stepped right into the AHL without blinking an eye! He had a goal and assists tonight (almost 2 goals) and he got a goal in the shoot out!

On other hand Martin Jones looked awful!! (in the highlights) This guy needs to get his head on straight. When it's on.. he's awesome! When it's not... well...

Goals by Yellow Horn, Kozun, Campbell, and Pearson

Old
02-13-2013, 02:35 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Looked like none of the goalies knew how to stop a puck during a shootout. Jones in particular.

Old
02-13-2013, 06:09 AM
damacles1156

The way it's looking, Jones needs another year in the AHL.

Might be a good draft to pick an overage Goalie(in the later rounds).

Boom or Bust type of guy, Jones may need someone to push him.

Maybe Mannino isn't enough, cause the Kings really have no intention of bringing him to the big club.

At least I hope not.

Old
02-13-2013, 06:56 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
The way it's looking, Jones needs another year in the AHL.

Might be a good draft to pick an overage Goalie(in the later rounds).

Boom or Bust type of guy, Jones may need someone to push him.

Maybe Mannino isn't enough, cause the Kings really have no intention of bringing him to the big club.

At least I hope not.
I don't think LA will want to go with Jones as the backup just yet. A Hedberg/Garon/Biron/Gustavsson type backup is all LA needs for Quick, not hard to find.

Mannino doesn't even have a contract with the Kings, I really doubt he will ever come close to LA.

A guy to target might be Patrick Bartosak for your scenario. I was absolutely shocked when he failed to get drafted last year, but it may have been since he had shoulder surgery that ended his season in January last year. This year he has been the best goaltender in the WHL. Pro eligible next year, could be good guy to add to Berube to push for the backup spot in Manchester. I'd bet on Bartosak over Berube, he could potentially challenge Jones for playing time as well, IMO. Been a huge fan of his since start of 2011-12.

But if you want somebody to challenge Jones for the starting role, that's probably going to be an AHL vet, like Mannino.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:04 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Looked like none of the goalies knew how to stop a puck during a shootout. Jones in particular.
Jones has never been good in the SO.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:14 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Jones has never been good in the SO.
So he suffers from LaBarberaitis eh?

Closed Thread