HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Pittsburgh - Edmonton

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-29-2013, 08:30 PM
  #51
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: McDavid
Posts: 26,673
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
so he's been playing bottom 6 for you but can just jump into our top 6? playing with more offensive linemates doesn't guarantee a player produces more offence. The Big If with Paajarvi is IF he fins his offence, he should have a long career as an NHLer but I'm not convinced it's as a top 6er.
Hard to get top 6 ice time when your top 6 consists of Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle, Yakupov, Gagner, Hemsky.

Crosby and Malkin have turned Dupuis and Kennedy into legitimate top 6 players. I have a hard time believing Paajarvi wouldn't produce just as much if not more than those two.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:30 PM
  #52
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Another totally ludicrous idea by an Edmonton fan. MPV has little value. I certainly won't trade Despres for him. MVP, based on what he has done the last two years is worth a fourth rounder. Talent, but couldn't get into the lineup of the worst team in the league last year.

Edmonton fans that keep throwing out these ideas are either trolls, or know absolutely nothing about hockey.
Pajaarvi couldn't make the Oilers lineup? Look deeper smart guy. Not only are the Oilers deeper than most teams on wings, the Oil wanted Pajaarvi to be getting top line ice time rather than depth time, so they sent him to OKC. Sorry, but Depres hasn't done anything to be worth much either, I don't think I'd move Pajaarvi for him straight across. Get a clue about the team you're constantly running down please.


Last edited by spiny norman: 01-29-2013 at 11:41 PM. Reason: nn
zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:30 PM
  #53
CSimpson18
Registered User
 
CSimpson18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
3 way trade. VANCOUVER needs some second liners, Em needs a solid dman and veteran yet youthful 2nd liner, while pit needs strong tough dmen and a better Canadian goalie:

to pit - Souray, Luongo, Em 5th rd pick

to em - Ebbett, Niskanen, Connauton, Vcr 3rd rd pick

to VANCOUVER - Hemsky, Neil, Pit 1st rd pick
Im confused by this post. For quite a few reasons.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:32 PM
  #54
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
if he's so great, why is he usually the first player Oilers fans try to move to another team?
Because we need some grit on our team and will likely need to move skill to get it, and we aren't moving any of Yakupov/Hall/Eberle/RNH, so it comes down to Hemsky and Gagner. Its not that difficult to understand, is it?

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:34 PM
  #55
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: McDavid
Posts: 26,673
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
so he's been playing bottom 6 for you but can just jump into our top 6? playing with more offensive linemates doesn't guarantee a player produces more offence. The Big If with Paajarvi is IF he fins his offence, he should have a long career as an NHLer but I'm not convinced it's as a top 6er.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Pens fans are really belligerent in this thread. If you don't want hemsky because of injury concerns that's fine. Doesn't mean you need to ridicule the oilers or the entire fanbase. Get off the high horse... Also, try watching a western game from time to time, most of these posts are extremely uninformed.
Good post. Honestly, Pens fans. Hemsky hasn't been injured for a long time. Get over it with the soft, injury prone crap.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:34 PM
  #56
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Great, so Whitney and Petry can move the puck better, but they certainly can't play defense better. God knows, there are 15 yea old kids that play better defense than Whitney. Remember, we saw that movie for a few years before shipping him out of town.
Petry is fine defensively. Whitney was, before his injuries slowed him down.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:34 PM
  #57
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Because we need some grit on our team and will likely need to move skill to get it, and we aren't moving any of Yakupov/Hall/Eberle/RNH, so it comes down to Hemsky and Gagner. Its not that difficult to understand, is it?

So ... try somewhere else for the grit. It's not hard to understand.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:37 PM
  #58
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1
 
Mc5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 18,380
vCash: 97
I don't get why everyone wants to trade Gagner and Hemsky. Our top6 isn't why we aren't contenders. It's our bottom 6, defense, and mediocre goaltending.

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:38 PM
  #59
PenguinTommy
Registered User
 
PenguinTommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Zvolen
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
As crazy as it sounds, the only pens prospect I would not trade, is Harrington (unless it's for player like Perry, Ryan,...aka not gonna happen). He's that type of Dman we don't have, pure shutdown D with leadership and ability to play huge amount o minutes against other superstar forwards.

I'm in the small minority who would trade any Pens D prospect before Harrington. (If the value is fair).

And I think OP offer would not work in here. Nor Pens neither Oilers fans would say yes to any proposal with Hemsky, IMO.

PenguinTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:38 PM
  #60
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
So ... try somewhere else for the grit. It's not hard to understand.
First of all, this is a discussion board. Nobody here is actually making decisions. If you don't like discussing it, ignore the treads instead of coming in them and trolling Oil fans. Second, what you said doesn't address my post. I answered one of your fellow Pen fans question on why its Hemsky we deem expendable. We'll discuss the possibility of Hemsky being traded for grit (and not defensemen either) when we like, whether you like it or not. Third, just because you don't understand Hemsky's game and/or value doesn't mean your team's GM wouldn't have any interest in him, so no need to act like you have the inside scoops here.

Trolls.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:38 PM
  #61
AccuracyFive
87SidGeno71
 
AccuracyFive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
So ... try somewhere else for the grit. It's not hard to understand.
They won't. It seems as if they are insistent on sending Hemsky to the Pens.
I am pretty sure I speak for the majority of the Pens fan base when I say, we don't want Hemsky. For Despres, hell no.

AccuracyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:39 PM
  #62
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIZZ View Post
Hemsky for Tangradi + Harrington?
Not interested in Tangradi, he is a bust we have enough prospects that won't make the NHL. If he can't produce with Crosby or Malkin then forget about it.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:40 PM
  #63
AccuracyFive
87SidGeno71
 
AccuracyFive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
As crazy as it sounds, the only pens prospect I would not trade, is Harrington (unless it's for player like Perry, Ryan,...aka not gonna happen). He's that type of Dman we don't have, pure shutdown D with leadership and ability to play huge amount o minutes against other superstar forwards.

I'm in the small minority who would trade any Pens D prospect before Harrington. (If the value is fair).

And I think OP offer would not work in here. Nor Pens neither Oilers fans would say yes to any proposal with Hemsky, IMO.
I'd have to agree but besides Harrington, I would also try to keep Pouliot. He's looking amazing so far.

AccuracyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:40 PM
  #64
Steve Bennett*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Ace View Post
Great trade. I assume you mean James Neal from Pittsburgh? & Hemsky + 1st round pick?

Vancouver gets the three best things in this trade + Pens already have Fleury & Vokoun as GK!!
SOrry I forgot about Vokoun! my bad!

to pit - Souray, Luongo, A Alberts, Em 4th rd pick

to em - Ebbett, Niskanen, Connauton, Vcr 2nd rd pick

to VANCOUVER - Hemsky, Neil, Vokoun, Pit 2nd rd pick

Steve Bennett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:42 PM
  #65
TorstenFrings
confirmed pessimist
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bremen
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
SOrry I forgot about Vokoun! my bad!

to pit - Souray, Luongo, A Alberts, Em 4th rd pick

to em - Ebbett, Niskanen, Connauton, Vcr 2nd rd pick

to VANCOUVER - Hemsky, Neil, Vokoun, Pit 2nd rd pick


You are my new favorite. You don`t even try, do you?

TorstenFrings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:43 PM
  #66
Mr McV
Registered User
 
Mr McV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oka Noggin
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
3 way trade. VANCOUVER needs some second liners, Em needs a solid dman and veteran yet youthful 2nd liner, while pit needs strong tough dmen and a better Canadian goalie:

to pit - Souray, Luongo, Em 5th rd pick

to em - Ebbett, Niskanen, Connauton, Vcr 3rd rd pick

to VANCOUVER - Hemsky, Neil, Pit 1st rd pick
So, is Anaheim just going to give Pittsburgh Sheldon Souray?

Mr McV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:44 PM
  #67
AccuracyFive
87SidGeno71
 
AccuracyFive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
SOrry I forgot about Vokoun! my bad!

to pit - Souray, Luongo, A Alberts, Em 4th rd pick

to em - Ebbett, Niskanen, Connauton, Vcr 2nd rd pick

to VANCOUVER - Hemsky, Neil, Vokoun, Pit 2nd rd pick
Why the hell would we trade Vokoun who is on a cap-friendly contract only to acquire Luongo? Horrible Proposal.

AccuracyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:45 PM
  #68
Steve Bennett*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
So, is Anaheim just going to give Pittsburgh Sheldon Souray?
That's a typo I meant Petry

Steve Bennett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:46 PM
  #69
McRpro
NHL hockey = garbage
 
McRpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
That's a typo I meant Petry
That's not a typo, that's a brain fart.

McRpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:46 PM
  #70
TorstenFrings
confirmed pessimist
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bremen
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
Why the hell would we trade Vokoun who is on a cap-friendly contract only to acquire Luongo? Horrible Proposal.
It`s the guy who asked for Neal for Ballard. What are your expectations?

TorstenFrings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:48 PM
  #71
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
3 way trade. VANCOUVER needs some second liners, Em needs a solid dman and veteran yet youthful 2nd liner, while pit needs strong tough dmen and a better Canadian goalie:

to pit - Souray, Luongo, Em 5th rd pick

to em - Ebbett, Niskanen, Connauton, Vcr 3rd rd pick

to VANCOUVER - Hemsky, Neil, Pit 1st rd pick
How did Souray get into this when he plays for ANA, I can't see PIT giving up Neil as he is the best player in the deal and they get Souray and Luongo for him and a 1st I don't think so. VAN gets Hemsky, Neil and PIT 1st talk about homer proposal.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:50 PM
  #72
TorstenFrings
confirmed pessimist
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bremen
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
That's a typo I meant Petry
Really? And what did you mean when you typed Neil, Vokoun, Niskanen and Pit 1st rd pick?

TorstenFrings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:52 PM
  #73
Steve Bennett*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
It`s the guy who asked for Neal for Ballard. What are your expectations?
Not true! Canucks should not trade Ballard - my point was unless something crazy ridiculous good came to the Canucks. Obviously he is not worth Neil and a high draft pick.

Steve Bennett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:54 PM
  #74
Steve Bennett*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Really? And what did you mean when you typed Neil, Vokoun, Niskanen and Pit 1st rd pick?
I edited it based on a typo and forgetting Vokoun was with the Canucks. Sorry friend. Take it or leave it...

to pit - Petry, Luongo, A Alberts, Em 4th rd pick

to em - Ebbett, Niskanen, Connauton, Vcr 2nd rd pick

to VANCOUVER - Hemsky, Neil, Vokoun, Pit 2nd rd pick

Steve Bennett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:00 PM
  #75
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
I edited it based on a typo and forgetting Vokoun was with the Canucks. Sorry friend. Take it or leave it...

to pit - Petry, Luongo, A Alberts, Em 4th rd pick

to em - Ebbett, Niskanen, Connauton, Vcr 2nd rd pick

to VANCOUVER - Hemsky, Neil, Vokoun, Pit 2nd rd pick
Why on earth would Pittsburgh want Luongo? That makes no sense at all.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.