HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pittsburgh - Edmonton

Old
01-29-2013, 08:02 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
Not true! Canucks should not trade Ballard - my point was unless something crazy ridiculous good came to the Canucks. Obviously he is not worth Neil and a high draft pick.
But you do mean James Neal of the Pittsburgh Penguins when you type Neil? Because that is really all I need to know to make up my mind about your seriousness.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:14 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
First of all, this is a discussion board. Nobody here is actually making decisions. If you don't like discussing it, ignore the treads instead of coming in them and trolling Oil fans. Second, what you said doesn't address my post. I answered one of your fellow Pen fans question on why its Hemsky we deem expendable. We'll discuss the possibility of Hemsky being traded for grit (and not defensemen either) when we like, whether you like it or not. Third, just because you don't understand Hemsky's game and/or value doesn't mean your team's GM wouldn't have any interest in him, so no need to act like you have the inside scoops here.

Trolls.
You deem him as expendable because you want to add grit, but every name you have mentioned in a deal involving Pittsburgh doesn't add grit. You don't make sense. Despres and Niskanen add grit? Try watching a Penguin game.

I know Hemsky's game enough to know he isn't a fit. He is a risk. He has played 138 games out of the last 246. Not dependable at all. I don't care if he has played all five games. Markov hasn't missed a game in Montreal yet and that doesn't make him all the sudden a non injury risk. Pittsburgh has supposedly been rumored as the place, according to a numbnut on Hockeybuzz, that Hemsky was heading. Well, I don't see Hemsky in a Penguin uni and never have. They didn't bite.

It's kind of hard to ignore threads like this, especially when zany ideas come out of Edmonton fans. Maybe, Edmonton fans are trolls for their shear lunacy.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:17 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Keep on trolling bro.

Pajaarvi couldn't make the Oilers lineup? Look deeper smart guy. Not only are the Oilers deeper than most teams on wings, the Oil wanted Pajaarvi to be getting top line ice time rather than depth time, so they sent him to OKC. Sorry, but Depres hasn't done anything to be worth much either, I don't think I'd move Pajaarvi for him straight across. Get a clue about the team you're constantly running down please.
He played 41 games for the worst team in the NHL last year and had a grand total of eight points. That is impressive. Your organization is probably one of the very few, maybe the only one that wouldn't move MPV for Despres. Then again, Pittsburgh wouldn't make that move either.

I need to run down players because you guys continue to inflate them beyond belief. Next thing we will see is MVP and Omark for Malkin. That is how out of touch your group is.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Rpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
He played 41 games for the worst team in the NHL last year and had a grand total of eight points. That is impressive. Your organization is probably one of the very few, maybe the only one that wouldn't move MPV for Despres. Then again, Pittsburgh wouldn't make that move either.

I need to run down players because you guys continue to inflate them beyond belief. Next thing we will see is MVP and Omark for Malkin. That is how out of touch your group is.
Damn OCPenguin you sure seem like an angry person.

And who are MPV and MVP?

Rpro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:27 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpro View Post
Damn OCPenguin you sure seem like an angry person.

And who are MPV and MVP?
An MVP is the Most Vitale-like player. You may need to read the Pens board more, if you do not know that.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:11 PM
BarDownBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Ok, I get what you are saying, but guess it is one of the reasons Pens fans and Oil fans are not seeing eye to eye on Hemsky though, because we are not so much looking to spend $5M on someone Malkin can create space for as we are trying to get some balance to the two top lines by finding Crosby a go to guy.
A key part of making a deal like this happen would have to be Edm retaining some of his Cap Hit or however it works. If Edm retains somewhere between 1-2 Mill, his value goes up. Honestly, at the deadline, a healthy Hemsky with a cap hit of say 4 Mill is pretty valuable.

BarDownBobo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:42 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
A key part of making a deal like this happen would have to be Edm retaining some of his Cap Hit or however it works. If Edm retains somewhere between 1-2 Mill, his value goes up. Honestly, at the deadline, a healthy Hemsky with a cap hit of say 4 Mill is pretty valuable.
I am going to go ahead and just admit that,

IF Hemsky stays healthy until the deadline and
IF he plays well until then and
IF Pens already have secured another top6 forward besides him and
IF Edmonton retains at least §2M of his cap

I may be more interested in him than I am currently am, which is absolutely ZILCH.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:55 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
No. Paajarvi will develop into a good checking player while Despres and Klefbom are similar.

As for the first proposal.. it leaves a gap in our top 6 and a jam of defenseman. Makes no sense.
Not even close to being similar.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:27 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:

I may be more interested in him than I am currently am, which is absolutely ZILCH.
Ok, then expect to pay a LOT more than what has been offered here.

He's just under a career PPG player (and that's playing on some pretty terrible teams).

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:38 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Ok, then expect to pay a LOT more than what has been offered here.

He's just under a career PPG player (and that's playing on some pretty terrible teams).
Yeah, I see how I was unclear about it, but still not really that interested.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:27 PM
BarDownBobo

Quote:

If that all lines up for you, price goes right up. If he proves he's healthy, and keeps performing, his price will go up even at 5 Mill. It's a wait and see deal, won't happen till the deadline if it does. Till then this whole debate is redundant.

BarDownBobo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:57 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post

You seem to think that because one or two fans make proposals for these guys that all of us want to move them. And we don't over inflate the values, we state the values for us to move players that we don't need to move.

And stop calling the Oilers the worst team last year. Columbus was clearly worse.

In regards to Pajaarvi, he had a sophomore slump. Plus, he was being given very little in regards to time on ice, and that time wasn`t quality. He had an awful year, that doesn`t make him a bust or deflate his value to us.

You seem like an angry, angry man.

As per the `Niskanen and Depres`don`t add grit comment...I agree, which is why I think most Oiler fans have declined this proposal, but you can ignore that all you want I guess.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:31 AM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Not even close to being similar.
Not referring to game styles but roles. We don't need Despres, Klefbom is a better option.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:52 AM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Hemsky is playing a top 6 role right now and Despres wouldnt crack the top 4 in Edmonton with Smid, Petry, and the Schultz's.

The Oilers need Ryan Jones back in the line up at 3rd RW

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:22 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Not referring to game styles but roles. We don't need Despres, Klefbom is a better option.
Game styles and roles are different. Despres is a offensive PMD, were Klefbom is more of a all around D, more oriented to a defensive game, with a offensive potential.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:28 AM
M Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
SOrry I forgot about Vokoun! my bad!

to pit - Souray, Luongo, A Alberts, Em 4th rd pick

to em - Ebbett, Niskanen, Connauton, Vcr 2nd rd pick

to VANCOUVER - Hemsky, Neil, Vokoun, Pit 2nd rd pick
Counter Proposal: