HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Scotianhab

vCash: 500
If we were going to trade Weber hopefully we can acquire goaltending depth. Weber & Palushaj to the Panthers for Houser/Brittain and a 3rd? It's an area that needs depth badly in the pipeline.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:11 PM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
If we were going to trade Weber hopefully we can acquire goaltending depth. Weber & Palushaj to the Panthers for Houser/Brittain and a 3rd? It's an area that needs depth badly in the pipeline.
you mean like trade Weber for a backup goalie? I don't really see the point considering that he'll be playing 12 games a year...

Old
01-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
you mean like trade Weber for a backup goalie? I don't really see the point considering that he'll be playing 12 games a year...
Which one - Weber or the goalie?

Old
01-29-2013, 04:42 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

i would like us to pick up either a pick in this draft or go after a legitimate young player....not these AHL maybe they will maybe they won't, aaron palushaj ******** guys...sick of those stupid trades they make no sense. picks in this draft...in any round with this scouting staff is worth ALOT.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Why would Lapierre want to be #4 center now when he didn't want to 3 years ago?
Let's see, because he's still being used on the 4th line and has been there ever since leaving Montreal. He didn't left us because he wanted to be a different line. He left because he didn't like the time and his role he had back when JM was our coach. They wanted him to play a style that didn't fit him, then they reduced his game time. And when he asked for more time and didn't get any, he got pissed. I don't blame him. He was one of the only players that was fun to watch.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
i would like us to pick up either a pick in this draft or go after a legitimate young player....not these AHL maybe they will maybe they won't, aaron palushaj ******** guys...sick of those stupid trades they make no sense. picks in this draft...in any round with this scouting staff is worth ALOT.
Plaushaj has more of a cahnce at being a productive NHL than a kid drafted 6th or 7th round.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Let's see, because he's still being used on the 4th line and has been there ever since leaving Montreal. He didn't left us because he wanted to be a different line. He left because he didn't like the time and his role he had back when JM was our coach. They wanted him to play a style that didn't fit him, then they reduced his game time. And when he asked for more time and didn't get any, he got pissed. I don't blame him. He was one of the only players that was fun to watch.
I prefer Dumont. Has more guts than Lapierre.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:49 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Laps is a legit NHLer and playoff performer. Dumont is nothing yet.

I'll never forgive Jacques the Troll for his handling of Laps and love for fkn Pyatt.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:49 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
Why would Lapierre want to be #4 center now when he didn't want to 3 years ago?
I'd sign him for taking Armstrong's spot and I think that should be on a 3rd line next year. Something is going to happen with the top 2 lines to let Galchenyuk & Gallagher in.

Quote:
I prefer both.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:21 PM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
A goalie prospect which we need. You feel comfortable with Mayer & Delmas as our only two prospects? I can't see us not drafting a goalie this year but if Weber could bring a half decent goalie prospect then I would be all for it.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:24 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
A goalie prospect which we need. You feel comfortable with Mayer & Delmas as our only two prospects? I can't see us not drafting a goalie this year but if Weber could bring a half decent goalie prospect then I would be all for it.
Who cares about a goalie prospect when we have Price ? Maybe in 2 or 3 years, but now, it's useless...

Old
01-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Who cares about a goalie prospect when we have Price ? Maybe in 2 or 3 years, but now, it's useless...
Most of us probably said the same thing when we drafted Price while we had Theodore. It doesn't hurt to have Talented depth in the pipeline.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
We should try and sign a top Euro goalie to battle with a 1 year NHLer for the #2 and 3 jobs...like when Anaheim brought in Hiller or Min brough Backstrom.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:56 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
I prefer both.
I prefer neither. Habs need another tough player that can play the game but take on the bog dudes.'We haven't faced Boston, Buffalo or Philly yet. I wonder if Columbus would accept a low pick or prospect for Jared Boll. Moen-White-Boll would be one hell of a 4th line.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:56 AM
Cupmonger

As much as I'd like to acquire one of Perry, Getzlaf or Ryan. I don't see it happening without crippling our defense. They're in a similar spot as we are. But are not as successful as we are defensively.

Trading for them could be nice. But if we ever do get a good chance for one of them it's probably because the Ducks have fallen way behind in the standings. Or it's the offseason and they haven't managed to sign them.

I could always hope

Old
01-30-2013, 01:38 AM
Cupmonger

I get a feeling we won't be seeing a trade right now. I think Bergevin wants to keep his D. We all see, including MB, that a lot of teams are having issues on D with injuries and bad performances. Right now, by holding out, he's raising the value of his D. Sure, you can't keep doing this indefinitely. But it sure helps on getting a better return.

I also think MB might be slightly afraid of seeing an early freak accident. He's probably going to wait a bit more.

Would be nice to trade someone to bolster our O.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:41 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

what do you guys think of acquiring ryan o'rielly? what do you guys think his value is....like salary and what we would have to give up in terms of players to get him. would lars eller and weber suffice?

is this guy over rated or underrated...i really dont know but i have heard don cherry go on about him a ton

Old
01-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
what do you guys think of acquiring ryan o'rielly? what do you guys think his value is....like salary and what we would have to give up in terms of players to get him. would lars eller and weber suffice?

is this guy over rated or underrated...i really dont know but i have heard don cherry go on about him a ton
I wouldn't mind us offering that asset wise, but he is a RFA looking for 5 mil/year, so it will be a hard sign, plus I think Colorado would want more in assets anyways.

He is a strong 2 way player but on a cup winner he'd be a high end #3 center. Not sure he has another level from last year's 55 points.

I would hold off on moving Eller, I think he still has another level he can reach, plus he is on a cheap contract and his value isn't great for moving him.

Cherry likes him because of his last name.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:52 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
I wouldn't mind us offering that asset wise, but he is a RFA looking for 5 mil/year, so it will be a hard sign, plus I think Colorado would want more in assets anyways.

He is a strong 2 way player but on a cup winner he'd be a high end #3 center. Not sure he has another level from last year's 55 points.

I would hold off on moving Eller, I think he still has another level he can reach, plus he is on a cheap contract and his value isn't great for moving him.

Cherry likes him because of his last name.

lol probly true

Old
01-30-2013, 02:31 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

PENS MAKING DESPRES AVAILABLE?
NHL teams seeking affordable blueline depth might wish to contact the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review recently reported Penguins blueliner Simon Despres might be available for the right price.

Rossi claimed he's “heard rumblings” the Pens are in the market for a winger. Despres is currently filling in for Matt Niskanen, who is sidelined with an ankle injury. How well Despres does in that role until Niskanen returns could impact his trade value.

what winger could we move for Despres? Palushal?

Old
01-30-2013, 04:31 PM
Maxpac

Where would we put Despres? In 2 years our 3 left defensmen should be Beaulieu, Gorges and Tinordi. My guess it's going to be those 3 for a very, very long time.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:37 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
I for one was unhappy to see him go.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:09 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
PENS MAKING DESPRES AVAILABLE?
NHL teams seeking affordable blueline depth might wish to contact the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review recently reported Penguins blueliner Simon Despres might be available for the right price.

Rossi claimed he's “heard rumblings” the Pens are in the market for a winger. Despres is currently filling in for Matt Niskanen, who is sidelined with an ankle injury. How well Despres does in that role until Niskanen returns could impact his trade value.

what winger could we move for Despres? Palushal?
I'd love Despres, he's basically what we would need. But our defense will be clogged in 2 years...

Old
01-30-2013, 05:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Where would we put Despres? In 2 years our 3 left defensmen should be Beaulieu, Gorges and Tinordi. My guess it's going to be those 3 for a very, very long time.
Gorges can play both sides. Not a big concern.

Trading for Despres would be as much a move for now as for the future. The big question would be on price.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:29 PM
DAChampion

Ray shero is a weak gm imo.

Closed Thread