HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Atlanta's new 3rd Jerseys

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2003, 08:54 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Atlanta's new 3rd Jerseys

Any thoughts?

http://www.atlantathrashers.com/View...b-9293644b7682

looks weird to me. like it's unfinished.

Old
12-07-2003, 09:02 PM
fedabiblio

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Any thoughts?

How many third jerseys are teams supposed to have nowadays anyway?

Old
12-07-2003, 09:03 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

I personally think it's just plain FUGLY. That whole half-and-half thing looks terrible, and it's almost purple. Plus, what's with the ATLANTA on the one arm? Sure hope they don't wear these things much, saw em on the highlights last night, almost as scary as that Kings-Blues game where they wore the retro jerseys.........(shudder)

Old
12-07-2003, 09:06 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

I dont mind them at all...For some reason i think they are nicer than a majority of the new 3rd's....

Old
12-07-2003, 09:13 PM
Calnes

i don't get why it has to be so much different than everything the team is. like, the thrashers are red and black and could have gone killer mean with their jersey ( the thrashers, grrrrr) but they went pretty light blue, pansies.

i dunno, i guess the league needs to be more colorful

Old
12-07-2003, 09:35 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbowski
i don't get why it has to be so much different than everything the team is. like, the thrashers are red and black and could have gone killer mean with their jersey ( the thrashers, grrrrr) but they went pretty light blue, pansies.

i dunno, i guess the league needs to be more colorful
Exactly. What happened to team colours? Its like every team can have any colour on the rainbow

Old
12-07-2003, 09:56 PM
USC Trojans
Thank you, Ales.

I like them...I think I'm the only person who thinks the colors look pretty nice. I wish they would have a better logo though...maybe the one the use for the other jersey (the "T")

Old
12-07-2003, 09:56 PM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedabiblio
How many third jerseys are teams supposed to have nowadays anyway?
The NHL is pretty anal about this one now - they can only have 3 jerseys, and I think that they can't change any jersey for three years after introduction or a change.

These ones look like practice jerseys. I was expecting to see them in a few different colours in the pics, so they could scrimmage.

Old
12-08-2003, 07:32 AM
Oilersyul89

Send a message via AIM to Oilersyul89 Send a message via Yahoo to Oilersyul89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
The NHL is pretty anal about this one now - they can only have 3 jerseys, and I think that they can't change any jersey for three years after introduction or a change.

These ones look like practice jerseys. I was expecting to see them in a few different colours in the pics, so they could scrimmage.
Almost true.

NHL allows 3 jerseys plus 2 vintage jerseys (So 5 in all)

But I think you're right and they have to keep them 3 yrs.

In soccer (English Premier league) For inatsnace Man Utd have jerseys, and once introduced, must keep them for 2 years. So, what they did is this yr they introduced 3rd jersey (red & white rugby style). Last year they introduced uglu black away jerseys. Next year they will change away jerseys and the year after new 3rd jerseys.

Very smart marketing...

Old
12-08-2003, 08:42 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
I dont mind them at all...For some reason i think they are nicer than a majority of the new 3rd's....
i agree it isn't that horrid, although i don't like the blue scheme mite have been interesting if they had Thrashers down the other side of the arm?

Old
12-08-2003, 01:03 PM
Master Lok

Yah I don't mind the blue color, not bad. I don't like the stripe on one shoulder and not on the other. Its like a TwoFace jersey from Batman or something.

Old
12-08-2003, 01:14 PM
t0mf00lery

I think they are pretty gross. They kind of look like they ripped off the Capitals colours and put a Thrashers logo on it. The one-shoulder-patch look has got to go.

Old
12-08-2003, 01:44 PM
Walsher

I am not a big fan. They almost remind me of LA's old 3rd Jersey with the Kings head. Too much going on and no cymetry. They wouldn't be able to hear the coaches cuz their jersey's are so loud.

Old
12-08-2003, 02:01 PM
Yorkiegirl161861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
I am not a big fan. They almost remind me of LA's old 3rd Jersey with the Kings head. Too much going on and no cymetry. They wouldn't be able to hear the coaches cuz their jersey's are so loud.
When I first saw them I thought "that blue does not look good on men". Now that the shock wore off, I can say that they are just overdone.

Old
12-08-2003, 02:02 PM
CanmoreMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher

Nothing personal, but who cares what WE think about the jersey.

The look on Ilya's face says it all.

Old
12-08-2003, 03:00 PM
mrhockey123

Is the link workin for everyone else? it wont let me in

Old
12-08-2003, 03:44 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey123
Is the link workin for everyone else? it wont let me in
First time I saw them, I thought the Thrashers were making a new line of pajamas

Old
12-08-2003, 04:11 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanmoreMike
Nothing personal, but who cares what WE think about the jersey.

The look on Ilya's face says it all.
Well, the royal we as in the fans are those who actually pay money for jerseys, so the teams had better care what we think. If you mean we as in Oilers fans, well... those of us with Centre Ice may have to see those things at some point, and personally, I like my eyes in my head, not melting down my cheeks.

Looks to me like Kovy's kind of embarassed, "Please don't let my mommy see this". Fellow behind him to the left is all "oh, damn, what do you mean the camera can see my face?!" and the other guy behind him is about to goose Kovy with his stick. Everybody else is just happy their backs are turned or they're too far away to really see who they are. #36 is gonna tell everybody that somebody else stole his jersey and was wearing it for kicks.

Old
12-08-2003, 04:14 PM
HOZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Any thoughts?

Good God. Teams today are TRYING to out-do the Canucklehead Yellow clown suits. The best I can say is that the Islander's 3rd is still the worst.

With Gold, red and dark blue in the crest you'd think they'd come up with something better than pastel blue for a main colour.

Worst Thirds....or should I just say thirds?
1) Islanders: A cry for help
2) Bruins: Winnie the Pooh...please Disney, sue the shirts off them!
3) Thrashers: nickname pending..."halfers"?
4) Nashville: Crest good...puke colours no!
5) Ducks: All of them!
6) Cowville: Snotty Horsey thing
7) Oilers: Crest is great...why copy LA?
8) Honestly the rest...

Old
12-08-2003, 04:20 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOZ
Good God. Teams today are TRYING to out-do the Canucklehead Yellow clown suits. The best I can say is that the Islander's 3rd is still the worst.

With Gold, red and dark blue in the crest you'd think they'd come up with something better than pastel blue for a main colour.

Worst Thirds....or should I just say thirds?
1) Islanders: A cry for help
2) Bruins: Winnie the Pooh...please Disney, sue the shirts off them!
3) Thrashers: nickname pending..."halfers"?
4) Nashville: Crest good...puke colours no!
5) Ducks: All of them!
6) Cowville: Snotty Horsey thing
7) Oilers: Crest is great...why copy LA?
8) Honestly the rest...
The Oilers did not copy LA. They are midnight blue and not black. It looks black on TV but they are midnight blue. I've seen them up close and they are midnight blue. Why everyone thinks they are black is beyond me when they are in fact midnight blue.

12-08-2003, 04:53 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
The Oilers did not copy LA. They are midnight blue and not black. It looks black on TV but they are midnight blue. I've seen them up close and they are midnight blue. Why everyone thinks they are black is beyond me when they are in fact midnight blue.
when will people learn to adjust contrast and brightness on their tv sets

Old
12-08-2003, 04:53 PM
Yorkiegirl161861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
They are midnight blue, but the really do look black. I like the Oildrop on the white jerseys (they make them as practice jerseys). I disagree though, the design does look very similiar to LA.

Old
12-08-2003, 06:13 PM
mamettt

I think the expression on Kovalchuck's face says it all: those jerseys are damn ugly. He looks like, right after the picture was taking, he's going to tell the photographer: " do I really have to take a picture with this Damn thing on?

Last edited by mamettt: 12-08-2003 at 06:19 PM.
Old
12-09-2003, 12:49 PM
Jag68Sid87

The Oilers logo should be filed under 'classic'...the original one I mean. The dark blue with the original logo, er I guess it's now the home jersey, is one of the best uniforms in the game today. However, they should have never let McFarlane create that monstrosity of a third jersey.

They did such a great job of going to a darker solid blue and adding gold instead of orange, Edmonton uniforms are great but get rid of that No. 3.

Funny but I think Atlanta should do the opposite. Keep the baby blues and ditch the other two.

One man's opinion.

Old
12-15-2003, 10:13 AM
CanmoreMike

Just a question about an Oiler jersey I saw the other day.

It was dubbed the "playoff jersey" and I wasn't quite sure what that meant. It was different with a lot of white and triangles on the love handles. Anyone see these? Anyone know what this jersey is about, other than a money grab?

Closed Thread